Does everyone still hate 3.33?

Does everyone still hate 3.33?

It's been 4 years.

4.44 when

I never hated it

Mari serves no purpose. The whole plot is based around nobody explaining anything to shinji. If Kaworu could take the collar off Shinji why did he have to put it on himself?

Mari is cute
Nobody thinks he deserves to know anything, the went for the silent treatment
The collar was exploding as soon as he took it off

I kind of forgot that Evangelion is a thing. I suppose that I don't hate it, then?

After watching the camrip I never rewatched it.

>It's been 4 years

I loved it the first I watched it and I still love it.

Yeah, its' garbage.

Anyone who likes 3.33 is a disgusting moron.

No. We have already forgotten about it.

Now, we can go back to talk about NGE, the only Evangelion that matters.

It's the best directed Rebuild, but it carries a lot of the mistakes of its predecessors. Rebuilds are simply inferior in terms of character interactions and development, the most important aspect of Eva. That's not to say the films themselves are trash, they're good but not masterpieces, like NGE was.
I still have high hopes for 3.0 + 1.0, after watching Anno's previous work, I know that NGE wasn't an accident, and that Anno is truly a genius.

>Anyone who dislikes 3.33 is a disgusting moron.
I corrected your typo. No need to thank me.

3.0+1.0 is never coming out, isn't it?

>Mari serves no purpose.
I'm still kinda mad at this. In 2.0 I wasn't bothered by her because I was sure she was going to have an important role in the following movies. Then 3.0 happened and even Toji's sister was ten times more relevant to the plot than her.

I don't dislike it, but everyone blaming Shinji for what happened and not explaining anything to him was both retarded and infuriating.

It's not a typo. Not sorry to have offended you, moron.

>It's been 4 years.
Yes and that's why. The mecha design and all but one action sequence blew, but I was into an alienating narrative without a beginning or resolution of its own when I thought the other half was coming soon.

A literal moron.

3.33 is the worst directed Rebuild. It ruins it's own climactic scenes with nonsense like webm related, and jumps around constantly.

If you don't know what you're talking about, just fuck off.

Is that a bunch of chicken wings?

The movie was shit since day one.

The confusing nonsense was just lack of writing because all it tried to do was pandering to low life Asuka and Kaworu otaku whilst hating on Rei.

If you can't see this four years later, just give up on having an opinon.

One thing that still bothers me a lot is that Mari didn't try to shoot the hand of Rei's Eva when she took Shinji from the ship

That webm is pretty bad, but it's an exception and a cherrypick on your part. The only other segment with a debatable quality is the opening battle, but the rest of the film is great.

Bad movie made for retarded and shitty people.

Watch as pro-3.33 people scurry away - they know 3.33 is shit.

ive never seen it and have no intention to, seeing how shit i thought the other two rebuilds were. i do hate it by default, though.

show me some webms to change my mind, maybe if im bored and drunk enough ill check it out one day. been wondering about asuka's cat hat

If I could demand satisfaction from Anno like they did back then with musket duals, I would.

>>>tumblr

>That webm is pretty bad, but it's an exception a

Not an argument. You're the one claiming it's good. Go ahead then, show us.

But we both know you just used "directed" because it's opaque and vague enough to use without people usually caring.

Facts are that 3.33 is an extremely poorly directed movie, every single director decision led to this whole mess in the first place.

I like you.

>Sup Forumsshit image as sole argument
Fuck off.

Rei probably had more screentime than Asuka in 3.33

>WAAH WAAAH I CANTHANDLE AN OPINION

You're just mad it hit the nail too well.

...and Trump had more screentime in political ads made by Hillary.

Your point being?

That Trump won

No, I didn't open it: the thumbnail is enough to signal your post out as crossposter spew.

So did Rei.

Hillary also had more screentime in Trump's political attack ads.

Your point?

Don't tell me you're this retarded.

>Mari serves no purpose.

>The whole plot is based around nobody explaining anything to shinji.

Shinji wouldn't have believed them as soon as Rei showed up.

>If Kaworu could take the collar off Shinji why did he have to put it on himself?

He didn't have to. But it was a good way to demonstrate his trust to Shinji. Also he needed to kill himself when he was becoming an Angel or whatever and it was convenient for that purpose.

>bragging about being a butthurt child

Congrats, user. Enjoy your autism.

So what are you complaining about?
Besides, the true winner is pic related
Hillary had more ads

>Hillary had more ads
...and Asuka / Kaworu has more positive PR as well.

Point being, screentime isn't what dictates whether or not you're trying to show someone off positively or negatively.

A half an hour talk about why [your favorite character] sucks and then ten minutes of why [my favorite character] rocks doesn't mean I favor the former.

Let's see, the scene right before Rei breaks the ship and rescues Shinji is pretty well put together. Please watch it muted and tell me Shinji's allienation is not perfectly portrayed just by the visuals alone. If you want a cut-by-cut analysis of the scene, I'm sure there are plenty on Evageeks (yeah yeah, >Evageeks, etc.) and the like.

I saw an extremely fat teen walking through the CBD the other day in a sailor style school uniform and that hat. I don't know why.

I can understand not liking NGE or Rebuild as a whole, but those who hate 3.33 specifically are often litteral morons who can't understand the plot.

It's like they watched it half-drunk and half-asleep and then they complain that it doesn't make sense.

>Please watch it muted and tell me Shinji's allienation is not perfectly portrayed just by the visuals alone.

Shinji's alienation isn't portrayed in any way whatsoever when muted. The only emotion that carries through then is anger through facial expressions.

>Evageeks

Let me tell you something about Evageeks. It's a site where moderators and so on rule with an iron fist, and they impose their inherently flawed interpretations onto the userbase.

They ban any dissenters then delete any proof of them posting. No criticism is allowed - check their rules. Even Sup Forums has a more professional management than that site.

Evageek staff and regulars are nothing more than obsessive liars and at all mentioning them ruined your credibility.

Mainly because its central framing device and plot relies on you not remembering how 2.2 ended with little visible damage beyond the area surrounding Geo Front getting fucked up a bit, yet not enough to cause any damage to even the people standing in wide open air a mere few hundred meters from Ground Zero.

If they wanted to play with what Shinji could have known from inside the cockpit it would have been fine, but they clearly hadn't planned this back when they made 2.2 so they clearly showed us that the aborted Second Impact didn't do shit. That basically showed they're making this shit up as they go and can't even be arsed to keep it consistent from movie to movie.

But it wasn't like that
Shinji cares a lot about Rei and literally fights with Asuka

>I can understand not liking NGE or Rebuild as a whole, but those who hate 3.33 specifically are often litteral morons who can't understand the plot.

Nonsense, it's the other way around and I'll debate you on it any time, anywhere.

It would seem that the only ones who do enjoy or praise 3.33 are the ones who either didn't get it beyond appreciating the music and colors, or people who actively deny it's flaws.

>Shinji cares a lot about Rei

Which is why Shinji is punished. Don't you get it? He fights Asuka, but Asuka ends up being portrayed as the one who isn't trying to destroy the world.

Rei gets written out of the series, and further rewritten to be a clone of Yui, whose surname now is Ayanami. It's an attack on Rei's character, and it's that simple.

because they were a shameless fat weeb and you should have hit on them, they probably had low self esteem and wanted someone to make them their Shinji

Shinji is the only character who doesn't suffer through 14 years of post 3rd impact earth because he loves Rei enough
Rei is now equated to a perfect motherly figure and such a perfect wife that her grieving husband went mad with sadness and is trying to be with her again in any way possible

>Shinji's alienation isn't portrayed in any way whatsoever when muted. The only emotion that carries through then is anger through facial expressions.
Wew lad, most of the shots aren't even close ups and the facial expressions are rarely the focus of them. But whatever.
As for Evageeks and their moderation, I don't see how that affects their arguments or the credibility of their interpretations. But if you like your ad homs that much, be free to use them.

They were landwhale tier.

>its been 4 years

Are they still not done with the dub?

It was done last year

Further proving that the only people who hated 3.33 were toiletseats

the dub has been out forever

That looks tasty

Why would anyone watch this abomination of a dub?

Let's recap:

>Asuka
In 2.0 she's rewritten to be a "good girl". In the cases where she messes up, she blames herself instead of everyone else. She accepts the blame. They also removed the lust she had for Kaji to appease the Asuka otaku, and to make her more redeemable in general.

In 3.0 she's rewritten to be a super-girl with super-powers plus a mysterious "angel" trait. She has lots of battles where she makes a difference, is responsible for doing all sorts of things to get the Wunder going, trash talks everyone and gets away with it, and walks off as the only one functioning in the end. We could co on and on here.

>Rei
Written to be mostly "Rei" in 1.0 and 2.0, save for the fact that she loses out iconic imagery like the Lance and the blue EVA.

In 2.0, she's now softer and attempts to cook a meal, saying poka-poka. While that seems innocent enough, it's disastrous if the character doesn't continue developing. Which it never did, something 3.33 made sure of.

In 3.0 she's written out. Everyone blames Shinji for having tried to save Rei, implicitly saying that "if the viewer cares about Rei, everyone hates you because you ruined everything". Anno being really passive aggressive here.

She is "replaced" by Rei Q, who is a Rei-haters wet dream. An actual soulless puppet, whose juxtaposed with Kaworu and Asuka. This portrays "Rei" like someone useless, and it also removes the possibility for the original's "Rei 3" development. It spat on the original Rei with Rei Q.

Then Rei is made an ultra-damsel inside EVA01, and she's belittled as a "clone of Yui", and Anno even changes Yui's maiden name to Ayanami, meaning that not even Rei's surname is her own any more.

Through Rei Q, Shinji and attacks like these, voiding Rei's entire character, 3.33 constitutes an attack on Rei and praise for characters like Asuka.

Wow I cant believe I missed that.

I was just asking because I knew it was delayed for a while.

You could win gold at the Olympics with gymnastics like these

>Wew lad, most of the shots aren't even close ups and the facial expressions are rarely the focus of them. But whatever.

I'm sorry, but he picture in the OP sort of shits on your point. You either have poor memory, or you're lying.

>As for Evageeks and their moderation, I don't see how that affects their arguments or the credibility of their interpretations.

It affects their arguments because their arguments are flawed and easy to point out as false. Therefore, when someone eventually points out the problems with them, they get banned or otherwise silenced.

Right now, you don't have an argument. You've made a lot of claims and sourced a highly unreliable site like Evageeks that's full of BS. At this point you either bow out, or continue to make an idiot out of yourself, at which point yes, I'll use all the goddamned adhoms I want, faggot.

If you're not debating, you're just shitposting.

>Shinji is the only character who doesn't suffer through 14 years of post 3rd impact earth because he loves Rei enough
>Rei is now equated to a perfect motherly figure and such a perfect wife that her grieving husband went mad with sadness and is trying to be with her again in any way possible

You seem to forget how how this "husband" is the de facto mustache-twirling villain of the story.

Even if he wasn't, that'd still be an insult to a developing character. Fact is, Rei hasn't done anything at all in these Rebuilds nor mattered simply because Anno doesn't like the character.

The picture in the OP is not the scene I'm referring to, please re-read my post.
Also, you say Evageeks theories and interpretations have been disproven or debunked or whatever, but that doesn't do anything for me, please debunk them yourself instead of assuming Evageeks' being shit is an axiom.

Asuka is also more surly and violent in Rebuild, and in Rebuild 3 despite 14 additional years of experience and beast mode and Angel powers she can't defeat Shinji who's piloting alone an Eva he has no experience with that's meant for 2 people
Rei on the other hand gets Shinji's attention, and let's not forget what the dummy plug is, and that Eva 01 piloted by it bites Asuka to near death

You're not making an argument, faggot. You're just making bullshit claims. Step up your game, or fuck off back to evageeks where you belong. If you aren't even capable of taking to heart what I'm telling you about Evageeks or willingly understand what it means, then you're either just as dishonest as them or retarded.

Rei Q is literally the perfect waifu
She doesn't talk back, she doesn't slap you, she's pure and innocent
She's waiting for you to show her the world

>Asuka is also more surly and violent in Rebuild, and in Rebuild 3 despite 14 additional years of experience and beast mode and Angel powers

The sour attitude is a staple of the "Tsundere" archetype, something extremely popular for the last thirty years at least. She's supposed to be that way, people fucking love it.

Also, are you not reading what you're writing? Originally, Asuka was a normal girl. She broke down like a faulty puppet in the original, and now she suddenly has ANGEL POWERS, 14 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, and a LEADING ROLE as an EVA-pilot? Bitch, do you even fucking remember NGE? She totally failed as a pilot.

>she can't defeat Shinji who's piloting alone an Eva he has no experience with that's meant for 2 people

A super-duper EVA made by the villain which is more or less impervious to any damage, and with super AT-field deflectors, one that's immune to anti-AT field bullets, and that doesn't even require batteries AND CAN FLY.

Are you even trying?

Rei Q is nothing, and it's great people hate the character.

He's a broken man who tried to remake his wife by fusing it with Lilith, making her the mother of mankind

This is probably as good as it gets, you can barely see what they did to the Mercedes of Evangelions.

>Rei on the other hand gets Shinji's attention,

So does Asuka, he was really happy to see her. The difference is, Asuka is now in control of Shinji and can do whatever she wants. A dream situation for an Asuka fan.

>and let's not forget what the dummy plug is, and that Eva 01 piloted by it bites Asuka to near death

Do you know why Asuka pilots EVA03 instead of Toji? It's because they forced out Toji so Asuka could be more relevant. If we compress the original story to it's most base and important elements, Asuka's screentime flies straight out the window. So Asuka became this parasite that pushed out characters like Toji in order to be on screen, as fanservice.

If you read the CRC, you'll even see that this was done explicitly to make Asuka seem like a good person, because she's doing something for someone else to help them.

A tsundere isn't supposed to be that vicious
She's supposed to slap you while being careful not to hurt you too much and secretly blushing
Asuka doesn't even kiss Shinji in Rebuild

>He's a broken man who tried to remake his wife by fusing it with Lilith, making her the mother of mankind
Not canon in Rebuild, never alluded to, never mentioned, never even hinted or used as part of the setting.

Even if it were, it's still downright bad because in the original, Rei was far more than such a lowly figure as a character, and YES, Gendo is still the villain so there's no way you'll ever have a point here.

>A tsundere isn't supposed to be that vicious
Yes, they are. Facts are people loved the hell out of 3.0 Asuka. You don't have any arguments here, so shut the fuck up about it.

>She's supposed to slap you while being careful not to hurt you too much and secretly blushing
She punched the screen, and then off screen talked about seeing his face again with Mari.

By the end of the movie they are holding hands.

>Asuka doesn't even kiss Shinji in Rebuild
That's what fanfics and doujins are for, moron. 3.33 is an otaku pandering escapism film that exists to set up further nonsense.

So, no argument and more insults? You 3.0 haters are all the same, mad and incapable of hearing a different opinion.

Is Anno the George Lucas of Anime?
>Made a fucking amazing series decades ago that everyone liked
>Decided, years later, that he wanted to make a fuck-load of money so he digs up the corpse of his pride-series and parades it around in front of everyone

If 4.0 doesn't turn out to be a giant ruse by Anno and Mari is a deconstruction of perfect Mary Sue characters i'm going to hang myself

Except Shinji accepts Rei's invite, Asuka is just jealous and will maybe ask Shinji later
And Asuka was piloting Eva 03 because of Mari
Mari took up a lot of screentime and since you can't remove Asuka from the movie they removed Toji
Asuka wasn't being that good, she wanted them to repaint Eva 03 red for her

I don't know many people who like 3.33 Asuka, most people complain about her
She's mad about Shinji, and she stays mad until the end, she's holding his hand because she's literally dragging him
And they actually kissed in NGE

I misread your post and thought for a second that the person that can provide killer robots and man machine interface is going to be the only ultimate winner of Trumplections.

The sole fact that Rei is now called Ayanami shows how much he cares
Besides, Gendo is doing what he believes is the best thing for humanity as a whole

No, it's supposed to liken Rei with Shinji's mother. If he calls out for "Ayanami" in Rebuild, it means he's calling out for his mother.

>Besides, Gendo is doing what he believes is the best thing for humanity as a whole
Bullshit, never mentioned or anything.

I'd vote for Gendo
Can I have my Rei now?

You're a retarded Asukafag that should just stop flaunting your ignorance of Evangelion.

>Except Shinji accepts Rei's invite, Asuka is just jealous and will maybe ask Shinji later
So fucking what? This is why Asuka does a "good thing" and shows self-sacrifice, something the original was utterly incapable of.

>And Asuka was piloting Eva 03 because of Mari
No, not because of Mari. Because there's a 3-EVA limit on a country.

>Mari took up a lot of screentime and since you can't remove Asuka from the movie they removed Toji
Yes, Asuka kicked out Toji.

>Asuka wasn't being that good, she wanted them to repaint Eva 03 red for her
She asked submissively like a good girl.

>I don't know many people who like 3.33 Asuka, most people complain about her
Objectively the most fanart, original Asuka is forgotten.

>She's mad about Shinji, and she stays mad until the end, she's holding his hand because she's literally dragging him
Like a good tsundere, she's mad at him but still dragging him.

>The sole fact that Rei is now called Ayanami shows how much he cares
What? How fucking stupid are you? How does this even make fucking sense? It's a unilaterally bad thing for Rei since Rei now loses her ORIGINAL surname, and it also means that when Shinji says "Ayanami", he's really just saying the name of his mother.

>Besides, Gendo is doing what he believes is the best thing for humanity as a whole
No fucking way are you this stupid. Gendo NEVER did this at any one point in the entire fucking Evangelion saga. He literally does it because he's selfish, and he's even bad at it too.

Who the fuck calls their mom by their maiden name?
And Instrumentality is the final step of evolution, Gendo sees it as good

>So, no argument and more insults? You 3.0 haters are all the same, mad and incapable of hearing a different opinion.

There's been plenty of arguments as to why 3.33 is a bad movie in this thread, but you've still failed to provide any arguments yourself. You claimed it had "the best directing", but that was shut down by showing an extremely poor scene that in no way qualifies it for being the best much less even good: Then you picked the "Shinji leaves Wunder" scene, and then you got shut down here:
leaving you without an argument, faggot.

So what's it going to be? Are you going to be yet another example of 3.33-fans stupidity and complete inability to argue for their favorite movie? Because that's what happens. Every single time. 3.33 is a bad movie and you need to accept it.

>Who the fuck calls their mom by their maiden name?
Shinji does now, apparently.

>And Instrumentality is the final step of evolution, Gendo sees it as good
Gendo doesn't want instrumentality in the original series, he wants to use it to bring back his wife. He fails, and gets punished like the villain he is. Gendo saw it as a bad thing and EXPLICITLY SAYS IT IN EOE

In Rebuild, he's only mentioned doing anything in relation to Yui.

WHY THE FUCK ARE ASUKA FANS SO UNINTELLIGENT?

3.33 was bad because all Misato and
Asuka had to do was tell Shinji what was going on. They treated him like shit and so he ran away with Rei because she was the only one to show him any real concern.

3.33 is written like shit because all it's trying to do is cater to the destructive hatred of Asuka fans and Kaworu fans. They wanted the entire world destroyed, Shinji punished and Rei humiliated and erased from existence rather than continue a movie where Shinji cares about Rei and shows it.

Is there even a single 3.33 proponent who isn't a complete, lying douchebag? Where the fuck are you?

Asuka is a just jealous she's losing to Rei
Mari took up screentime, so the domino effect was knocking Toji out of the movie
She wasn't really asking, Asuka just wants her Eva to be red
It's a new design, of course it'll get s lot of fanart but there is no way there is more fanart of eyepatch Asuka
Because he was their prisoner and he escaped
Gendo named Rei after his own wife, that's how much he's hung up on her

No, Shinji calls Rei that
Just because my cousin shares my grandpa's name doesn't mean I'm referring to my grandpa when I'm talking to him

Metaphorically, you twat. Just stop replying, it's obvious you have a sub-100 IQ. Start using punctuation as well.

That was obvious for over a decade now. Both have different reasons, though (and don't forget both are funs of a certain genre they recreated years later much more successfully).
George Lucas grew tired of writing after Star Wars since the script and the production burnt him out. He also was always more of a technical guy, always wanting to go further with technology.
Anno just grew tired of the fandom while his depression became too much for him to handle. His movies afterwards have still been at least somewhat good, for the most part (the live-action films have been at least entertaining or still kind of deep). He just got lazy after settling down as he didn't want to channel all his emotions or think about all that stuff so much again. His depression burnt him out and he didn't want to create mindfucks or existential pieces as much anymore, because his mind shifted. If Godzilla had been made 15 years prior, it would be the same at its core (designs would probably remain the same as well), but that's about it. Less satiration for sure. Much more anxiety and deep emotions as Godzilla destroys half the world before something is done by the government. idfk

Ah, yes, how could I forget Master Anno's great metaphors
Reminds me of those wicked crosses that look crazy cool and shit

>Asuka is a just jealous she's losing to Rei
At which point she decides to NOT be such a jealous cunt like the original Asuka was, and actually do something nice for someone else. This makes Asuka look good, and this was the DE FACTO intention from the creators.

>Mari took up screentime, so the domino effect was knocking Toji out of the movie
No, they could have kept Toji. It makes quite literally no difference in the story or plot. They just wanted more screentime for Asuka, and to make her look better - that's a fact.

>She wasn't really asking, Asuka just wants her Eva to be red
She was literally asking, submissively in a submissive, defeated voice. She wants her EVA to be red, and instead of being a huge cunt like the original, she accepts that she'll pilot. She's being more mature and professional, again making the character look better to the audience.

>It's a new design, of course it'll get s lot of fanart but there is no way there is more fanart of eyepatch Asuka
There's more fanart of Shikinami. Right now, there's basically zero regular Asuka being produced.

>Because he was their prisoner and he escaped
Learn how to quote you massive faggot.

>Gendo named Rei after his own wife, that's how much he's hung up on her
Which kills part of Rei, as Rei herself was originally named Ayanami, not Yui. They literally ruined a subplot about Gendo taking Yui's surname, Ikari. Now Gendo's last name was Ikari all along.

It's a giant "fuck you" to Rei.

Is there a single Reifag that isn't a textwalling autist or butthurt shitposter?