President Moon repeats: "We have made it clear to US: No military option in Korea without our OK"

What happens now?

>文대통령 "우리 동의없이 한반도 군사행동 있을 수 없다고 美에 단호히 밝혔다"

출처 : news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/12/06/2017120602228.html

Other urls found in this thread:

news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=100&oid=001&aid=0009734088
youtube.com/watch?v=GZYS0w1n7h8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing.

It's only a matter of time until war breaks out there again. SK is pretty much doomed to become an irradiated crater. Probably should have developed your own nukes or missile defense systems instead of relying on the U.S.

Don't worry though, now that best Korea is a credible threat to the mainland U.S.A. it's only a matter of time until the Kim regime is kill. I mean what kind of pathetic country would allow themselves to be threatened like that for a prolongs period of time?

This is a possibility. Geopolitics could alter itself slightly as the world powers incorporate a nuclear NK into their machinations. And life goes on.

Alternatively, US intelligence could instigate a false flag attack and then use that as an excuse to bomb the shit out of the peninsula. Really no way of predicting.

What if Moon goes full Erdogan and denies the US base access?

The US can't exactly do anything about it without seriously escalating the situation.

Yes please let's nuke Tokyo or Seoul so we'll have an excuse to BTFO fat kim

>mfw the Naver article has over 9000 comments literally

news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=100&oid=001&aid=0009734088

Top kek. Its cute that they think they matter.

we have bases in japan, and taiwan that would suffice

Not Tokyo or Seoul, you dummy. Vietnam started over a fucking boat. Something around the same size as that.

If Moon did that then the North would probably realize they can do anything and not face any consequences. They'd probably just start redrawing the border in their favor because why the hell not.

Is that a big Korean newssite? I've been interested for a long time how are the news in Asia, are they as as manipulative and cucked as in Europe and USA or do you have neutral coverage of stuff? How has Korean (or Asian) media reported on the refugee crisis for example, or the US elections?

It's very simplistic, the establishment supports whatever America does because 'Murica and freedum, lefties support the other guy whoever that is because muh Third World solidarity, crush the imperialist colonial oppressor man

This is no change. As a host nation S. Korea can prevent (by word but not deed) the US from using its territory to launch an attack; the US could respect that and launch an attack from outside S. Korea, which Seoul can do nothing about. Of course the US could also disregard Seoul's opinion and launch an attack from inside the South too.

In the past, when S. Korea wanted to respond militarily to Nork provocations and atrocities, for example the Rangoon bombing, the US told Seoul it wouldn't support it. It held back Seoul. At times both US and Korea counter balance each other.

Now, here's what's really happening. It's long been Pyongyang's goal to hold bilateral peace talks w/ the US that exclude Seoul. Every US administration has refused this. They've all said Pyongyang and Seoul must first reach a peace deal before the US would follow suit. Because much of the world doesn't understand this they think it's simply a matter of Washington talking to Kim. Further, much of the western media has framed this as a Kim versus Trump conflict, which marginalises Seoul. Moon is stating "Hey, I'm still here and S. Korea matters. Don't ignore us."

Moon's comment positions Seoul as the reasonable dialogue partner for Pyongyang. "I'm willing to hold back Trump, but you, Destroyer of Fish, have to work with me to resolve the nuclear crisis."

>Moon's comment positions Seoul as the reasonable dialogue partner for Pyongyang. "I'm willing to hold back Trump, but you, Destroyer of Fish, have to work with me to resolve the nuclear crisis."

Not really, unless he can actually stop a war happening entirely.

As far as North Korea is concerned, Moon is just a slightly less offensive puppet that won't matter as soon as the Americans are out when he finishes making a really great deal with Trump.

>What if Moon goes full Erdogan and denies the US base access?
Military coup perhaps?

Right, but do news there actually report the problems we have in Europe with African and Middle-Eastern migrants? Do they report about their crimerates and mass-rapings and stuff like that.
Because our media really doesn't.

I hope Kim nukes SK during the coming olympics.

Fucking gooks, can't trust a single one of them.

Time to unilaterally decide

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=GZYS0w1n7h8

To do that though the army have to cut off the internet to stop the people from organizing to try and do anything to stop you, no-one wants to end up hanging off of bridges like those poor bastards in Istanbul did.

Could be done though if they were ruthless enough and really kept everyone in the dark until it was finished and the right people were gone.

I suspect there would be a serious risk of a mutiny within the ranks if some general tried to pull that shit though. People have fallen pretty hard for the democracy meme so you'd have a not of normies getting outraged.

Then you get invaded and lose. He might be retarded but nobody is that retarded.

>mfw witto piggu foreigner

That would not be a fun experience to be here for

My grandfather was in China when the commies took over and kicked out foreigners. There'd be a constant stream of corpses floating downriver.

>As far as North Korea is concerned, Moon is just a slightly less offensive puppe

You're correct about this. This has always been Pyongyang's position, which is why it's always demanded to hold bilateral talks with the US.

>Not really, unless he can actually stop a war happening entirely.
It really depends on how much pressure Beijing is willing to apply to Kim. It could force Pyongyang to hold bilateral peace talks, but I think China prefers having the Norks as proxy it can unleash from time to time to test the gaps and seems between the US and its allies. This furthers Beijing's strategic goals.

The way to force Beijing to apply pressure hasn't been tested it. It's for the US to transfer medium-range missiles and nuclear warheads to Taipei and for Washington to encourage Seoul and Tokyo to ditch the NPT. Other than North Korea being defeated and it falling under US protection (as part of USFK/CFC/UNC), these are worst case scenarios for Beijing. So far these variables have not been introduced to the game.

>for Washington to encourage Seoul and Tokyo to ditch the NPT

The ruling South Korean Democratic Party is firmly anti-nuke. Even if it wasn't China could threaten to sanction South Korea to death if they tried to go nuclear.

>North Korea being defeated and it falling under US protection (as part of USFK/CFC/UNC)

Not inevitable if Moon says no to Trump, especially if China keeps helping North Korea which they probably will unless Trump has the balls to really sanction China in retaliation or at least threaten too which he hasn't hat least so far.

You know you're beloved hockey and curling teams would be vaporised too, right?

And with that attack, Canada, as a partner of the UN Command, would most likely involve itself in the retaliatory war on North Korea.

It is korea's natural right to decide the fate of their country. We cannot do anything about that and we shouldnt for it would infringe upon their sovereignty and liberties as a country.

>China could threaten to sanction South Korea to death if they tried to go nuclear.

Yes, and no. South Korea would take a hit economically with Chinese trade, but its trade relations with most everyone else would survive. So, not to death. They may even expand if Japan, US, and others responded to Chinese sanctions on Korea by restricted trade with China, shifting it in favour of Korea and others.

There are a lot of moving pieces at play and no one player monopolises the gameboard, so what may evolve is anyone's guess. I'd like the US to go with Taiwan or NPT gambit. Force Beijing to trade a denuclearised North Korea for a denuclearised East Asia. As it is presently Beijing doesn't see itself gaining anything by pressing Pyongyang. And for the Chinese it's all about the quid pro quo.

>The ruling South Korean Democratic Party is firmly anti-nuke
One thing about Korea parties is they aren't really firmly anything. They constantly collapse and re-form under new names and adjustments in policies. For good or bad, they're very prudent and not tied to a platform.

Seoul has put itself in pickle two ways. Firstly, it's in an alliance with the US. This has its benefits and costs. If Seoul suddenly decides it want to be Switzerland, then it needs to behave like a neutral country. The US faces Nork ICBMs because of its support of the South. Secondly, an unlike about everyone else, Korea gave OPCON of its forces to the US if and when war resumes - presently it's just an armistice, so the state of war still exists. This limits Seoul's independence of action.