If there was a Legend of Zelda anime, would Link work better as a self-insert character to mimic the games...

If there was a Legend of Zelda anime, would Link work better as a self-insert character to mimic the games? Or should he be given good characterization because there is no player in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jBqR2KMvl50
youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
myanimelist.net/manga/96581/Zelda_no_Densetsu__Twilight_Princess
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Link has enough companions that they could be given characterization while Link himself remains more or less a force of nature. Ideally the story would follow another character and their adventures in watching the autistic mute fuck shit up.

It could work if they do it Wind Waker style where he gets bullied by everybody.

Which version of Link is the most popular anyway? If they ever were to go through with a LoZ anime, I suspect they would just go with an OoT adaption anyway though.
I'm still convinced that BotW Link is the Hero of Time from the Decline timeline.

That's what I was thinking. The only difference is that it followed characters in the towns that he goes to and the influence it has on the community, all while giving hints towards a major world changing plot.

might base him of one of the zelda manga made by the two people who basically made all of them so far

Also I'm hoping Nintendo makes a short anime film for BotW like what they did when Star Fox Zero came out

TWW would be the best and most cost-efficient Zelda to make for two main reasons: 1. All characters, including Link, give very detailed and telling expressions in-game. There would be very little need to guess anything in this regard, in terms of drawing expressions. As opposed to something like OoT, where artists might have to improvise. 2. The art style is very simplistic, relative to most other Zeldas.

I mean it helps that many scenes will be drawn on the ocean, too, so maybe add that as a third reason. Oh, and though many Zeldas have a manga adaptation, TWW's Link stars in his own manga, which would help any Zelda anime adaptation.

Just make him Guy, same voice actor and everything.

link should actually be a support character that other characters weave their stories around, with him as a primary agent of enacting the will of those stories....

I have no idea why Zelda anime still hasn't been made. Less popular games were animated.

Twilight Princess has the series' best character, even if a couple of the supporting ones are annoying. The plot of each game is about equally well done. The cheaper art style might be too attractive to pass up but I think it would depend more on who they want the audience to be.

Excuse me princess.

youtube.com/watch?v=jBqR2KMvl50

But there already was a Zelda anime.

>f zero got an anime before zelda

The more important question is, will it feature Zelda fanservice like in BotW?

No, he's not, and I'm gonna prove it to you with this single fact:
Hero of Time Link is left-handed.
BotW Link is right-handed.

Checkmate atheists.

>if there was a Legend of Zelda anime

>What's better? A cardboard cutout which is meant to be a self-insert, or a character for this story that I'm writing and expecting you to consume for 10+ episodes.
Let's say Nintendon't is willing to have one made. What would the concept be, and why would fans of the game enjoy watching it? Adapting any one of the games sounds terrible, and crafting your own Zelda from scratch without any of Nintendo's character design just makes for a high fantasy anime with a Zelda skin. It'd likely be generic and forgettable.

Here's how you do it: make a slice of life series set in one of the games. So it's in between all the fighting and just focuses on fleshing out characters with maybe a couple of fights to pace things out. The one fatal flaw is that people would be expecting the obvious adaptation route and throw a tantrum.

I think that OVAs that animate iconic moments from the series would be the best way to go. Maybe even make ones that show things that happened off screen like Ganondorf's forces attacking Hyrule castle in OOT or the Imprisoning War

So basically like this guy.

Read the manga.

>make a slice of life series
no

I'd assume so, but the best part about P4 anime was the silent GAR moments from the games, the V.A did those bits justice.

>GAR
>>>/reddit/

MAH BOI

GAR was made into being on Sup Forums you newfag piece of shit.

Just make it like mushishi where link just a wanderer that solve people problen

Twilight Princess Link is the most handsome one and has the best companion, OoT Link is great too, I think he might be the most popular.

It's nice that they finally did a TP manga after almost 10 years.

It's not like Link is a totally blank statue, he's had his moments. All you have to do is choose one and make that his main personality. Have his companion do the big talking, but make him react during fights and conversations.

Forget Link; a comedy series about the daily lives of the random individuals he meets would be better.

>Malon tending the farm, enjoying the company of Epona (before going to Link)
>The two brothers get into a heated argument, start throwing fists
>Malon plays some tune that makes them calm down
>Night time, they all sleep
>Daytime comes, the two are at each others' throats again
>Repeats a few times with some variations
>Link and Malon in the background, exchanging music and horse during the conflict
>You don't hear them, only see them
>end

Simple shit like this

Just do Pokemon Generations again.

Let's be honest here guys. We all know they would turn it into a shitty harem anime.

I think you mean great harem anime because we already know exactly what's wrong with the MC

I hope so.

As long as there's a Midna episode I'd be happy.

Sometimes, videogames are just a far better story-telling medium.

Honestly though the best game to adapt would be MM imo.

If made today it would probably be horrible either way because the target audience is totally insufferable. Kids who grew up with 3D zelda and yelling in online games as self insert, or anything they like in a character wouldn't feel like the original story in any way.

if it was anything like this manga version it may be ok

If I were an anime director making a Legend of Zelda series, I would as a running gag make it so that whenever a scene switches to Link and whatever companion he travels with, the companion always mentions how chatty and wordy Link is, implying that they had a really lengthy discussion, but the audience never gets to see or hear anything of of their conversation. At most, his companions paraphrase him and mention stuff to other characters.

It would be difficult, of course. But worth it.

>man, Link said blablablablablablablablablablabla
>>I know, Link never shuts up about blablablablablablablablablabla
>Link, what you said about [topic] was genius and awesome
>no wonder you're so smart and good with words

While keeping the heroic mute archetype. At most, he makes some yells and screams and grunts of pain on screen. Just like in the game. The only words the audience would ever hear from his mouth would be perhaps the names of some characters, like
>ZELDA
or
>[fairy companion X]
and perhaps also an angry
>GANON!

This is a terrible idea.

Link needs to be voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama again. He is the only man that can do the adult "HYAAAA" justice.

an MM anime would be sick, and its the only one i think they can give a link a decent characterization of link to.

the other acceptable one would be skyward sword. Just so they can retcon Link to being canonically left-handed in that game.

nope. Nintendo realized how dumb oot made the timeline, so this one is zeldas flashpoint. Next game is Zelda new 52.

Gotta make it standing out from all the other anime while keeping somewhat true to the spirit of the games.

>Hero of Time Link is left-handed.
>BotW Link is right-handed.

Have you tried turning around in A Link the past? He changes hand depending on which way he faces. The official explanation is he always holds his shield to the north if he can to protect himself from the evil of the dark mountains.

the only thing link needs is HYAAAH HAAGH HYAAA. otherwise it isn't fucking link.

he should be reserved, and talk very little

like Samurai Jack

>BotW Link is right-handed.

i though user was shitposting.
>he wasn't

>FUCK NINTENDO
>FUCK THE SWITCH
>FUCK ZELDA

pre-order cancelled

He should only grunt and gesture. And he should really easily-pressured, to the point where he's constantly setting the quest to save the world aside to do chores for random NPCs.

Why don't just make Xenoblade anime? the sequel even become a moeblob RPG.
youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A

Have a police girl be the MC on her quest to arrest Link for property damage and have him locked up

Wait, his name is Link? I always thought it was Zelda.
Why are the games called "The Legend of Zelda" then?

Link is no legend, he just does the work of saving Zelda over and over.

I thought he was Error.

The US cartoon version

or you know, it could adapt the ongoing manga

myanimelist.net/manga/96581/Zelda_no_Densetsu__Twilight_Princess

Link does talk in the games, there's quite a few scenes where he explains things to other NPCs. Also in most of the 3D Zeldas Link's facial expressions and reactions are enough to extrapolate his personality from.

Legend of Zelda anime would be a harem

Eh, you can have haremy elements and still do plot.