What was the biggest disappointment of 2016?

What was the biggest disappointment of 2016?

Your birth

Berserk or Phantom World, Flip Flappers wasn't that bad on comparison

This post is pretty hilarious on numerous levels

My life.
tfw didn't have enough time to watch anime last year

flip floppers and mob shitco

Kind of like how Flip Flappers as a piece of art about finding and accepting your own identity just flourishes on so many levels.

I agree, I adored the series. One of my very few 10/10 anime.

Definitely Flip Flappers. Though there a lot of disappointments (Rakugo, Mob, Yuri on Ice, March Lion) that one takes the fucking cake, I'm still bummed out about it. Really banking on Oshiyama's new show to redeem him, I know he's a talented guy.

I gave it a 10/10 on MAL but lowered it to a 9/10 a few days later but trust me it's one of my stronger 9s and has an appearance on my favorites list ;)

forneverworld hasn't gone into cardiac arrest yet

hi digibro ;)

Flip Flappers, for being hyped as some amazing sakuga project that was dragged down by terrible characters and writing.

Kiznaiver, for being anticipated as Trigger's first "serious" drama show only to only end up as a poorly written trainwreck.

Boku no Hero Academia, for being hyped up by Sup Forums for years to only end up being exposed as nothing more than just an amalgamation of shonen cliche.

Flip Flappers was 7/10

The threads were 9/10

So it overall it was definitely worth my time, I wish other generals were half as fun

Your Name, Kizu, Rakugo, Yuri on Ice, 3-gatsu, Konosuba, Erased, Re:Zero, Amanchu, Fune wo Amu, Flip Flappers, Mob Psycho, Hibike, Jojo, Flying Witch, Sweetness and Lightning, New Game, Kiznaiver, Luluco, Grimgar, Haikyuu, Orange, Bunjou Stray Dogs, Concrete Revolutio, Osomatsu, Love Live Sunshine, Girlish Number, Battery, Kuromukuro

I don't there was a single good anime from 2016 aside from maybe Konosekai and Shin-chan.

>i'm trying to bait people, but am going about it with the subtlety of a baboon

>was dragged down by terrible characters and writing.

I don't really see what you mean. It never tried to be "super deep" or have an "immersive plot". It was fun and adventurous, plain and simple. What's not to like?

I think this is more of a problem of misplaced expectations than anything.

Koe no Katachi might be good. Other than that I agree.

Either WIXOSS or Kiznaiver for me.
Before it aired I expected Flip Flappers to be a complete mess with good animation sloppily tackled into it, and it often was, but it had a few great episodes that more than made up for it so I can't call it a disappointment.

Wow. You're King Shit Taste.

Were any of those episodes after 7?

Vivid Strike was a masterpiece.

>expecting characters to not be annoying is now a misplaced expectation
Nah fuck off.

Was 7 the mecha episode? Because that was the last good one.

Sorry about your inability to relate to characters. Oh well, such is life for the average Sup Forumsutist, I suppose.

>It never tried to be "super deep" or have an "immersive plot". It was fun and adventurous, plain and simple.
that does not excuse bad writing in any shape or form

That was 8

It's sad the later episodes are so unpopular, I really liked the Salt-Mimi flashback episode.

Who?

None of the characters in flip floppers are relatable whatsoever.

>883

>exactly 1 frt
Holy shit, it's actually real

There was one good anime on 2017, and it's not on that list

It's Erased or Kabaneri. Erased was a disappointment because the original ended up like shit and the anime was doomed anyways. Kabaneri was just a trainwreck through the second half.

Other bad shows never showed signs of being good anyways. Like Re:zero was a pretty safe drop at episode 1.

You posted it. Started good and turned into awful typical shit that every yurifag and their mother would like. And I like yuri too.

>people still angry that Flip Flappers turned out to have a plot
I'm sorry that reddit:zero got cucked out of the AOTY poll

Harmony. I don't care that it came out in 2015, subs were in 2016 and that's when I found out it was shit.

Yay Flip Flappers won the useless internet poll

I love this anime

Early had a show just dropedal the ball for me as hard as Erased did.

It started really cool and kept up on and off for a while but by the end it was just disappointing.

Also kabernari started strong and then went to shit. If it ever catch another season it might be good.

Oh, fuck, I forgot about that whole disaster of a project. Cool premises, great directors, acclaimed material, and a whole lot of nothing to show for it. I just looked it up and apparently they finally got a new date for the third one, but I won't hold my breath for it to be any good.

Izetta

The first episode was so unique. I thought for sure it was going to be an AOTY candidate.

Burrzork 2016 had a few shining moments but it was mostly just painful and jarring

At least the op and ed were nice

Harmony had a second movie?

Flip Flappers because I was so hyped for it. I kind of expected Berserk and Phantom World to be bad and they were.

It was a set of three unrelated novels from the same author (who'd recently died) being adapted by different studios. Empire of Corpses, Harmony, and Genocidal Organ. That last one's been delayed for ages because it was Manglobe's job and they went under before finishing. It was transferred to what looks like a new ex-Manglobe studio.

I fell for the Kyoani meme and was excited for Phantom World

Boku Dake, Mayoiga, Kiznaiver, Berserk, Bungou Stray Dogs, Battery, Kabaneri.

But Rakugo, YOI and Saiki made up for them by being so much better than I expected.

the yuri episode

Flip Flappers first half: 8/10
Flip Flappers second half: 4/10

Threads during first half: 8/10
Threads during second half: 1/10

Hating on Flip Flappers has become such a hip meme.

> (OP)
Definitely Flip Flappers. Though there a lot of disappointments (Rakugo, Mob, Yuri on Ice, March Lion) that one takes the fucking cake, I'm still bummed out about it. Really banking on Oshiyama's new show to redeem him, I know he's a talented guy.
>Disappointiments
>Rakugo

You need to get out nigga

(You)

I had no expectations and I was still disappointed.

COCONA.wav

Phantom World was 2016? Feels so long ago.