If a anime has high rewatch value, then it's good. Is the theorem is correct?

If a anime has high rewatch value, then it's good. Is the theorem is correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a definition thing.
How do you define quality?
If having rewatch value means being good to you, then by that definition, yes, obviously you are right.

How do you define "good" in the context of anime?

Well to test this, you would ideally want to find series that are supposedly good in which you have no desire or find great difficulty to rewatch.

I shouldn't be using series here as there are movies and single OVA.

In theory, yes. In practice though, I'd rather just watch new stuff instead of going back to some older shows that I've already watched all the time constantly.
After a decade or so, then it's perhaps worth trying to rewatch the old stuff that I do have a fond memory of.

Contradiction: some anime are so bad that they become memes or otherwise have a cult following resulting in repeated viewing.

For instance, Chargeman Ken is one of the worst anime ever made yet it is a meme in Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM

No

Personally, like pic related you know what the result is going to be. Even though it was good, you don't want to slog through it again

If any counterexample exists then it isn't a theorem

>Professor Volga... forgive me!
After dropping him to his death while he's utterly surprised and confused what the fuck is even going on.
>He is definitely looking at it from the skies above.
>Yes.

This is what I meant to say in my post. I said "contradiction" instead of counterexample like a retard.

Maybe.

Probably not. There's good stuff that only works on the first watch.

t. mystery genre

I'll watch something dumb over and over if it makes me laugh so for me theorem is false, but like says it's entirely subjective

I'd say yes, but the emphasis is on "value". I mean, I would say so if rewatch value is supposed to mean, that it's worth rewatching. Not just when a bad, obnoxious meme show manages to somehow assert itself to people and... somehow forces them to rewatch it? idk.

Is the song/album good if you want to listen to it over and over again?

You could say the same about sports genre where a lot of the exitement comes from not knowing who wins the next match but Ping Pong has incredible rewatch value regardless.

This disproves the contrapositive of OP's theorem but not the theorem itself.

Some football mathces too

Yes.

Proof: Let X be an anime with high rewatch value. Suppose X is not good. Since X is not good, you wouldn't want to watch it again, therefore it has no rewatch value, but that contradicts the initial hypothesis that X has high rewatch value. Therefore, X is good.

QED

The converse is not true though. Being good does not imply high rewatch value.

OP never said being good implies it has rewatch value. Learn to logic.

Yeah, I rarely rewatch a 7/10 anime and won't touch a 6/10 anime again in a very long time. 5/10 and lower is forgettable stuff. I re-watch anime all the time too.

Converse* not contrapositive. I'm getting my terms mixed up.

Isn't this statement begging the question?
"Since X is not good, you wouldn't want to watch it again"? You are just assuming OP's theorem is true without realizing it.

Axiom: Nobody wants to watch bad anime.

People who are not rewatching shows they rate high are really missing out.
Most of the anime I like gets even better on a second watch.

That's plain untrue.

ITT: people can't tell a statement apart from its converse

Literally all you have to do to disprove OPs theorem is cite any single bad anime that has high rewatch value.

Definition: A bad anime is an anime I don't like.
Axiom: I don't want to waste my time with shit I don't like.

>Axiom: I don't want to waste my time with shit I don't like.
Did you just say very subtly that you like me?

Geez user, you're not supposed to say it out loud.

Unless you can argue that rewatch value is something that exists independent of personal preference, it's meaningless.

>0-0
>0-4
>0-1
>0-3
Retarded