What went wrong?

What went wrong?

>Movie retellings
>Toei making a shitty one piece movie at the same time
>toei
>not enough zamasu

why is there so much filler? why such a long intermission

Movie retellings and episode 5

Filler is when Super shines most, honestly.

SSJG is retarded and looks like shit

Animation is a joke

No villain that's actually good at fighting

No tension because Goku is friends with strongest characters in universe and multiverse who can kill anyone instantly

It's just kind of lazy. The manga is somewhat better, but it's still conceptually lazy and Toyotaro isn't as good as Toriyama. Frieza is back! But gold! Super Saiyan is blue now! Evil Goku! Remember Future Trunks!?

The best thing about Super is its often sitcom-like sense of humor.

the animation is horrible, fights are way too short, the story moves too fast

what the fuck didn't went wrong?

The transformations are garbage and feel weak as shit.

I seriously do not understand how they could fuck up so bad. There is no impact, no auras, no screen/planet shaking, no fucking SCREAMING. The shiny rubber doll characters just change hair color and then job against every villain they meet.

That you are too dumb to use the catalog

>What went wrong?
what are you talking about

It's all a nostalgia cash grab and there's nothing original whatsoever about this garbage.

if you don't think the last few episodes were among the best, kindly fuck off

those are not "filler" episodes you retards. they will appear in the manga aswell.
or is dragon ball just tournaments and fights for you? if it is, fuck you you underaged, autismo fucks

How can you forget Trunks's SS Rage transformation so fucking fast?
That was on par with DBZ.

Retelling the movies in shitty quality even if they fixed some mistakes in revival of F the quality was so bad it wasn't watchable.

Toei having way to much control in the writing making goku much more retarded than hes ever been.

Retconning shit like vegito and filling plot holes with really stupid shit like whis becomes inactive when theres no god of destruction.

The quality is just so terrible and the choreography looks worse than newsground fan flash videos.

Wish a animation studio that cared about their animation had the rights to DB instead of fucking toei.

Nothing. Keep bitching, GTfag.

I don't remember seeing Jelly Vegeta in the manga.

>movie retellings
>bad filler at least before the tournament arc
>people went in expecting the same quality we got from Z which is impossible
>different tone, animation and fight choreography is just plain awful

>One Piece
>Not infinitely better than Dragon Ball in every capacity.

Shoestring budget low quality rushjob designed to sell on franchise name and Toriyama's name alone.

They know it'll sell anyway, fanboys will eat it up. And they're right, look at any DBS thread, and see how vehemently all criticism gets deflected, usually with "b-but DBZ was bad too" coupled with cherrypicked shots from that one shit animator.

Why does Super re-use Initial D VAs? (Itsuki=Champa), Barry Kahn (Nakazato)

Because as it turns out, being a VA is a job and you work on many different series to make a living.

I went in expecting something better than GT

Instead I get GT with shittier animation

The tragic thing is you're not wrong.

Transformations are just laughable with pink and blue hair. Too much SOL for fans who only watched dbz. Plus it just doesn't fit well now compared to dragon ball. Honestly gt was better.

Blaming One Piece movie which is made by a different Toei animation branch instead of blaming Toei itself which is fucking lazy and thinks it's too big to fail therefore quality will continue to be shit.

Nothing. If you can't enjoy super you are probably too old to be on Sup Forums.

>whar bwent wrong
>most popular shounen out there now
>still better than GT

or too young.

>still better than GT

Please Super is more or less exactly like GT

Just with better filler

It's like GT with worse animation and terrible filler, which GT didn't have.

I got bored of Super after the Battle of Gods arc, but I refuse to believe this is real. My brain cannot process that this shitty photoshop bloom and expand effect is real. I want to look for the specific episode that belongs in and verify with my own eyes that it is real. I know DBZ has had some shit animation in its life, but I do not recall anything looking THAT bad in the actual show.

That reminds me, the garbage character design. Going away from the Z style to that weird pseudo-chibi bullshit of Toriyama's post-Z art is annoying and makes it hard for me to take the characters seriously. Vegeta and Goku look fine, I guess, and because of it kind of clash with most of the rest of the characters.

Sup Forums loves it, so it must be fucking terrible. I dropped it after the tournament. The animation left blood stains in my eyes for weeks.

>all these youtube-tier comments from Z babbies

toei shill pls go

They ruined powerlevels

Trunks being as strong as super sayian god? That's retarded

Fuck off. GT is way better than this garbage. DBS is one of the worse anime shows of all time. Dragonball , DBZ had some bad animation but hell this shit animation and art style is utter crap.

>GT is way better than this garbage

assmad gohanfag spic detected.

Fuck off, DBS is comically bad at times but it's leagues better than GT ever was. The Yamacha baseball episode alone was better than the entirety of GT.

The filler is boring, bad animation, nothing makes sense. Why didn't black just wipe out everyone in an instant like buu? He's at the level of a SSB Goku even better.

You are just trolling with that bs. I don't give a shit about gohan and i hate spics. heh to be honest dragonball doesn't interest me anymore thanks to shitty super.

It was always bad. Super is just so bad the autistic fans woke up and realized it.

Funny thing is that you can fix this easily

>Watch the Battle of Gods Movie (and not the episodes)
>Watch the Resurrection F Movie (and not the episodes)
>Just straight into the Universe 6 & 7 Tournament arc (best arc of Super so far)
>Watch Goku Black Arc (lackluster arc of Super so far
>continue watching

See? The series automatically improves the moment that you take out the first two Super retelling.

You are implying that Zamasu was good. Zamasu is Toei's shitty attempt to do a Aizen or Juha Bach from Bleach and failing miserably.

>Zamasu is Toei's shitty attempt to do a Aizen or Juha Bach

what on earth

>Zamasu: I will become the god of this world! I will reign down justice on all the Ningens! I am an immortal god!

it's basically a Shitty Aizen without the charisma or actual trolling. And hell if Zamasu holds a candle to Juha Bach who actually got his plan to become god to work for a while.

>Goku Black Arc
>dank character themes
>Trunks gets most sugoi transformation of all time
>lackluster
okay

It was lackluster.

>Goku Black is just Zamasu using Goku's body
>Not Future Goten
>Goku CONSTANTLY forgetting to bring things like the Senzu Beans and the paper seal.
>Zamasu doesn't amount to anything despite being immortal
>Vegito separates in half before getting in a good blow against Zamasu Black.
>Zamasu doesn't get sealed away but is eradicated along with Future Trunk's universe by alternate universe Omni King.

So much wasted story telling right there. Geez, it's quite sad really.

honestly. i can't argue with that. if they cut out... everything and just let Trunks do the Genki Dama sword soon (and have it ACTUALLY kill Zamasu) after his first transformation it would be a lot less of a waste of time.

I rathe have Zamasu sealed away than killed off. Would have made a much more interesting end to his character that since he's immortal the only way that he could be dealt with was sealing him and giving him to Future Omni King to watch over for all eternity.

>heh

Even if you factor in all that went wrong, most of which can be skipped by watching the movies and skipping those parts, it's still better than most of the anime that has come out in the past couple years.

It's the Goku and Vegeta Show, nobody else does anything unless it's a guest star appearance for an arc. If this arc's promo art is as misleading as the Tournament's, again everyone will either job or just be useless for Goku to save the day.
Combat includes punchung, screaming, and firing energy blasts instead using neat techniques and straegies. But Z suffered this to an extent as well.
Super Saiyan Blue is a shit transformation.

Zamasu and Black were at least entertaining till the shitty half-assed end.

>Blaming One Piece movie which is made by a different Toei animation branch
Key animators move around and work on different projects all the time.
You can't dismiss this point by making up random shit like "different branch"

compared to that other dbz "sequel" which was literally Son Goku: The Show