Just out of curiosity, how many people here actually use MAL?

Just out of curiosity, how many people here actually use MAL?

I used to use it rigidly then I slowly stopped and then I completely stopped watching anime basically

Im guessing you got back into it since you still use Sup Forums

user....

Half the board shitposts about shows they don't even watch.

As a reference source (titles, actors, staff, etc.), about once a day.

For remembering what I've watched: my fully functioning brain.

>As a reference source (titles, actors, staff, etc.)
Literally the only thing it's useful for, if you don't know moon that is.

Its hooked up to Taiga, which I use religiously.

(You)

Almost all of Sup Forums uses MAL but they'll never say it out loud because it's in the board's culture to hate it. It's like twitter or reddit. People here obviously uses them secretly but they bash it when they post here.

this

I do

i use taiga and it just automatically updates if i connect MAL so yea.

>projecting this hard
There's no need to try so hard to justify yourself user, just post your MAL account so we can laugh at your taste.

>TV: 19

You need at least 300 shows in your catalog to be able to post here. Lurk more and come back when you're not a newfag.

>tfw I don't use any of those three
>I don't even have a FB account
You're a pleb user.

Can't speak for the rest of this infested board, but you're wrong on all accounts. Plaintext.txt for me.

TV anime is shit

Congratulations, you're that one special snowflake that don't use it. Enjoy your other bad options. Learn to read, I said "almost all of Sup Forums".

Not shitting on your opinion, but even as a reference it still pales in comparison to ANN and AniDB. I've noticed that MAL sometimes tends to lack information that those other sites don't. Whatever, in the end it's all subjective.

If there's anything about MAL that gets bashed, it's the cancerous community, and for good reason. It has nothing to do with "board culture" or whatever stupid boogeyman excuse people use to say or do dumb shit. Just take one look at the faggots who post their MAL accounts here seeking recommendations or validation and you'll see why these people are usually maligned. It's fine to use it as a database, but don't bring that other garbage here unless it's something that is actually relevant, such as news.

Just because you and the rest of your crossposters shitters use it doesn't mean the rest of Sup Forums does. Enjoy your literal shit.

majority uses but not necessarily account/tracking wise
personally i use it to find out what studios did what, va for which role etc.

>still trying to project
Go shill your shithole somewhere else.

MAL has a good community oriented recommendation system. I've been really getting into death game mangas so I've used it pretty extensively. Am I supposed to hate it or something? Is it Sup Forums as Reddit is to Sup Forums?

>For remembering what I've watched: my fully functioning brain.
That only means you haven't watched much, low level newfag

>It's fine to use it as a database
It's not. You have to sign up, and agree to their privacy policy, which entails them to use your user data as they please, which includes sharing and selling user data with third-parties. It's not anonymous, and people using it with glee are newfags from sites abroad and not from Sup Forums.

As a database? Quite a lot. Shit like Taiga is great if you have hundreds of completed/on-hold/plan to watch anime. Automatic download of airing shows is also pretty nice.
Not using MAL as a database just because forums are shit is as retarded as disliking a show because the director is a mean fucker in personal relations. Who the fuck cares?

You should seriously consider killing yourself.

>still trying this hard to fit in

You guys won't receive a medal from anyone. Stop it, it's pathetic.

>If there's anything about MAL that gets bashed, it's the cancerous community
How ironic.

Try that when plan to watch / on-hold get to a few hundreds. You'll end up never watching some shows you wanted to watch.

Wait, wait.
You really can't remember what you watch?
Kek'd

Now try remembering every special, OVA, etc.

So everyone in this thread uses it?

I use all three, they are all useful in different ways.

>It's not. You have to sign up
You don't? I don't know if registered account has access to anything else but if you just want to look up staff and name of theme songs or something the page is accessible without an account.

>You'll end up never watching some shows you wanted to watch.
If it gets that bad I didn't really want to watch them that much anyway. Besides I like manga much more, it's easier to marathon them since I can read them at my own pace instead of an anime director/editor's.

>Am I supposed to hate it or something? Is it Sup Forums as Reddit is to Sup Forums?
Yup. If you don't hate it, then you're not "cool" enough to be here.

You can name all the shows you watched? Impossible unless you're a newfag/autistic savant.
Anyway completed is only for stroking your e-penis, plan to watch / on hold is the useful feature. Unless you are embarrassingly new, you'll have enough of them to forget some titles and end up never watching some good shows.

You are trying too hard, low level.

Such an original reply. Here's your (You).

I use it, I dont add people or comment on the forums so it's nice.

I like it even more now that it alerts you of new entries related to old stuff you've added

So you need to occasionally name all the anime you've ever watched, OVAs and movies included, for what reason?
>plan to watch / on hold is the useful feature
Yeah as useful as a fucking notepad.

>If it gets that bad I didn't really want to watch them that much anyway.
You didn't want to watch them so much because you don't even know how good they are before watching them. You forgot them and will never watch them and you are missing out on some fun. Your choice.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You don't need an account for anything. But as I said, it pales in comparison to other resources.

>How ironic.
Care to explain? I don't think there was anything wrong with what I said. As I said, the community is what's truly maligned about the website. Most people freely admit to using the site as a research tool.

>which entails them to use your user data as they please

If you put identifying information of yourself on a fucking anime site then you're retarded, besides I hope you know that hiroshimoot did the same thing to 2chan before selling it so the same shit is happening on Sup Forums

What you said is true but it's ironic that Sup Forums bashes MAL for being cancerous when Sup Forums's community isn't less cancerous. This thread is a perfect exaple of this irony.

>You forgot them
No.

Taiga tracks it all for you and doesn't require you to update the notepad after every ep though.
Also if you feel like watching a specific type of show (genre, old/new, etc.) you won't know which one to choose unless you go full autism in the notepad (and at this point it wastes lots of time and it's better to use some already existing database).

Not him but I'm using it often in recommend threads on /wsr/, when i need to remmeber additional staff like ovas, specials and so on, also useful when you want to mention that one show but remember only part of the name, year of airing or some other bits of information that will help you to filter it out from the list faster than google.

OK, if you have hyperthymesia then good for you, but you don't really belong in this thread then.

You need to update the notepad why, if you don't remember what episode you're on just open the folder or MPC's watch history.
>Also if you feel like watching a specific type of show
Well okay, though that never happened to me because I don't choose genres to watch based on my mood.

I don't use either of those. The only communities I participate in these days are a small handful of Sup Forums boards. Everything else somehow manages to be even more terrible.

You learned that word only recently, am I right.

Anyway: I actually only watch a few certain genres. The vast majority of anime don't interest me. Consequently my backlog isn't that long, and I can still recall whether I've watched an anime in the past.

I mean, do people really download an anime they don't immediately recognize, open up the first episode, and go, "Woah, I totally forgot I watched this!"?

This thread doesn't even belong on Sup Forums.

I do, I don't know why Sup Forums gets all snobby over what people use to track what they watch, It literally means fucking nothing.

>Oh look I use notepad.
>I use xx
Like honestly who gives a fuck, i just use it because it's quick and easy because my memory is garbage.

only because there are sites to turn your ratings/drops/etc into recommendations for more to watch

Yeah and the fact that you're an attentionwhore tripfag has nothing to do with it.

>I mean, do people really download an anime they don't immediately recognize, open up the first episode, and go, "Woah, I totally forgot I watched this!"?

Do you know how much seasonal forgotten trash airs every year? I can imagine that happening easily if you've been here for 5+ years and watch random airing shows to keep up with the newest shitposts or doujinshis since that happened to me once

>MPC's watch history
Finding a record from years earlier seems like a waste of time. Also, I reinstall my system pretty regularly.
Anyway doesn't matter that much, it's all (almost) the same and there's literally no reason to shit on Taiga when it's slightly superior choice. Would you stop using nyaa if it got a forum full of cancer?

that's a large reason for me too desu

There is no reason to create a list. If you don't remember that you watched something then it wasn't worth watching

After 10 years of wasting my life? Yeah, it happened once or twice. The more bothersome thing is when I don't remember the exact episode in a show I started watching a few years back.

Been watching 12-20 shows for like 6 years, never had that happened before.
>since that happened to me once
So you have to update your list everyday because you accidentally download a show you already watched once?
Geez man if that's not horribly counter productive I don't know what is.

Seems anime and manga related to me. Besides, if you wanna police the board then start with all the VN threads, fucker.

>mobile suit gundam 10/10
>yamato 9/10
user...

MAL can autoupdate after you watch a show in MPC-HC so it takes no effort to manage it

hating other websites doesn't make much sense nowadays. the whole internet is pretty much the same taste-wise, be it Sup Forums or mal
they hate moeshit/harems/light novel adaptations/ecchi/fan service and "manga>anime". entertainment does not make good, while realism is directly proportional to good. they don't have time for "shitty anime" and (some) drop more shows than actually complete. they also seem to expect too much from cartoons for some reason
it's all the same people, all the same shit. they value the same things. we only have anonymity

This thread discusses about MAL, MAL is not an anime.
Some VNs have anime adaptions so they're allowed.
>b-but everybody else break the rules too!!

Along with Taiga, yeah

>Cancerous newfaggot, the post

>not anonymizing everybody
No Jimmy, you are the cancer.

Ignoring the problem doesn't fix it.

I just use a document too though

Nah, this thread is about a service for tracking anime, it's very much anime related.
>>b-but everybody else break the rules too!!
I just wanted to redirect your energy to something that actually makes sense.

Yeah pretty much, the recent internet feels like everything is homogenized, now with all of the anime shrine sites and other small forums died everyone either goes to Sup Forums or reddit so you see the same shit now on both.

Turn that fucking trip off

syncs with taiga

Still not anime related.
You want "headphones for watching anime thread", "best tablet for watching anime on the train" and "what OS is the best for encoding anime" too? Same shit.

>the whole internet is pretty much the same taste-wise, be it Sup Forums or mal
No it's not. Sup Forums's AOTY was Flip Flappers (going by the polls, if you want to argue this) but everywhere else was Gayskating.

Could be an argument if I said something about filtering shit threads (since they still make good threads disappear faster).
If you remove attention whoring from attention whoring posts they are no longer a problem in any way.
Keep in mind that by acknowledging tripfags you are actually satisfying their vanity and making them post even more.
Get and don't ruin Sup Forums even further.

Not really, but some of them I still get from time to time.

Not him I liked Flipflap and it was my AOTY as well but trusting polls on Sup Forums is stupid since autists are extremely dedicated to reset their IPs just to vote multiple times

>watching six shows at once

>ZZ
>F91
>9/10

ZZ being bad is a stale meme but even at its best moments it was an 8. F91 is just bad

>what is seasonal anime

Some of them are probably airing this season. Are you mentally challenged?

F91 had the potential to be great if the retards at sunrise didnt rush it, the mecha designs were some of the best in the series

why did the thread die so suddenly?

Everyone switched to their incognito twitter tab.