You faggots are going to shit on it regardless of how great it'll be...

You faggots are going to shit on it regardless of how great it'll be. You're going to nitpick every single tiny detail to make it seem shit or not as good as the first series.

Admit it, you fucking contrarians.

Well yeah, obviously. You make it sound like such a big deal.

Maybe, don't assume so much user

How about you judge the show objectively instead of pre-emptively hating on it?

I can enjoy the show and still nitpick about it, half the fun is hating. Anyone who thinks they can judge something objectively has way too much faith in themselves anyways.

I bet you it's going to get the opposite treatment. Code Geass is too beloved to get shit on like that, unless the show goes full retard.

I know what you *think* you made this thread about, but allow me to explain what's really going on here.

You are aware that R2 was a significant downgrade from R1.

You also experienced a Akito the Exiled and know that it is a travesty.

Deep down, you're instinctively thinking things like "Why are they reanimating a series that already ended perfectly?" and "It's been so long, this is just a blatant cash-in, isn't it?"

The truth is all signs point to shit if you're capable of rubbing two brain cells together. I'm not saying you're retarded, because we both know you're aware of these factors.

But how you choose to deal with it is through denial. You have externalized the part of you that knows it's going to be shit and applied it to Sup Forums "contrarians".

Ultimately you're just arguing with yourself, trying to make yourself buy that it might not be shit. It's unfortunate you don't have the maturity to confront these ideas without me having to explain it to you.

>You are aware that R2 was a significant downgrade from R1
No it wasn't.

I'm not going to, but there has been a recent shitpost tactic of calling every anime shit without saying what's bad about it.

If that's the only part of my post you object too, it's time for self-reflection.

>recent shitpost tactic of calling every anime shit without saying what's bad about it.
this is shitposting at its very core. Get used to it because it's virtually impossible to escape a non-general thread without someone saying ur favrit anime is shit btw

Because there's no need for an S3 in the first place, of course it's going to be shit regardless of how """objectively""" good it will be, you fucking retard.

Your point makes no sense. Necessity doesn't dictate quality. They have no business making a sequel, but that doesn't preclude it from possibly being well-made, however unlikely that is. So much for not being a retard.

It's going to be shit - just like the first seasons. And I'm going to tell you exactly why it's shit when it airs.

Sup Forums is not completly filled with newfags or redditors who worship re:zero so i actually have hope that the threads wont be mindless shitposting

Yeah I will because R3 shouldn't even be a thing if its actually confirmed as that.

Sunrise greediness just ruined the whole series when everything was SATISFIED with the ending because you could argue from both sides.

What exactly was the argument for Lelouch being dead? There isn't one. The show is titled CODE Geass for a reason.

>recent

That's how Sup Forums has always been

>person 1: this thing is shit
>person 2: why
>person 1: because
>person 2: expand on why you think that
>person 1: shut up nigger faggot, people who like thing are the worst posters on this site

I think it's a bit different right now. People are expanding the Miyazaki meme to basically every anime that's airing right now.
I'm tired of seeing "X is a mistake" every single thread it isn't funny anymore.

Eh at least its better than people calling everything a deconstruction like a few years ago to shitpost

So you're going to shitpost in every thread while it airs and complain how its so shit, even though you'll still be watching? Good to know

You're putting words in my mouth here, I'll critique it on how cheap it will be because Sunrise are just cash cowing this with no real thought into the series at all.

You could argue for weeks for both sides but no one knows.

>What exactly was the argument for Lelouch being dead?

Him saying that only those who are prepared to get killed should kill during the scene in which he's getting chilled, the fact that is later underlined by the director. Also the fact that his death provides nice closure to the story and to the character, completing his personal arc and redeeming him for all that shit he's done.

>The show is titled CODE Geass for a reason.
The show involves two supernatural powers, namely Code and Geass, hence the name. The male lead has Geass, while the female lead has Code.

nice reddit formatting, leave

Lelouch was a piece of shit all the time so it'd make more sense if he ended up surviving somehow.
Also it is such an utopia that everyone will forgive Britannia and the Britannia dynasty that easily.
The world after lelouch was doomed to crumble in a really short time and it indeed did as they kinda confirmed this in the pv.
Lelouch having code geass makes much more sense as the title drop than just him having geass while his companion having the other half.

shitposters have always shitposted. The "Miyazaki meme" is simply another form of the same shitposting rather than a stand-alone "expansion". The only thing to do is to adapt to the new shitposting and shitpost back ironically or ignore as you see fit.

Remainder that CC is the best girl, one of the top girls for Sunrise.

◆官方人气大赛投票第2名(第1名鲁路修)
  ◆第29届ANIMAGE动画大奖女性角色NO.3
  ◆第30届ANIMAGE动画大奖女性角色NO.1
  ◆第31届ANIMAGE动画大奖女性角色NO.1
  ◆《Animedia》创刊26周年历代最受欢迎女角色NO.4
  ◆《Animedia》创刊27周年历代最受欢迎女角色NO.1
  ◆《Animedia》创刊28周年历代最受欢迎女角色NO.1
  ◆C.C.在中国动漫杂志《动感新势力》上的排名:
  2007年人气女性动画角色Top1投票数:7417枚
  2008年人气女性动画角色Top1投票数:10156票
  ◆C.C.在日本动漫杂志《NEWTYPE》上的排名:
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年年度女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年年度女性动画角色·人气Top1
  以下是2007-2009年的《NEWTYPE》月度排名:
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年1月号女性动画角色·人气Top4
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年2月号女性动画角色·人气Top5
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年3月号女性动画角色·人气Top3
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年4月号女性动画角色·人气Top2
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年5月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年6月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年7月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年8月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年9月号女性动画角色·人气Top2
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年10月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年11月号女性动画角色·人气Top3
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2007年12月号女性动画角色·人气Top2
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年1月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年2月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年3月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年4月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年5月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年6月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年7月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年8月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年9月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年10月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年11月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2008年12月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年1月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年2月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年3月号女性动画角色·人气Top2
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年4月号女性动画角色·人气Top3
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年5月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年6月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年7月号女性动画角色·人气Top1
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年8月号女性动画角色·人气Top6
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年9月号女性动画角色·人气Top5
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年10月号女性动画角色·人气Top4
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年11月号女性动画角色·人气Top5
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2009年12月号女性动画角色·人气Top3
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2010年1月号女性动画角色·人气Top4
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2010年3月号女性动画角色·人气Top2
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2010年4月号女性动画角色·人气Top5
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2010年5月号女性动画角色·人气Top3
  月刊《NEWTYPE》2010年6月号女性动画角色·人气Top3

Public service announcement: I hope you all realize that Code Geass/R2 being some kind of unironic sacred cow for Sup Forums is pure revisionism. The opinion surrounding the show when it was airing fell into two general camps:

1. This series is trash, but the bullshit plot twists like accidental genocide, Spinzaku, and million Zeroes make it hilarious to watch. (The general consensus of old Sup Forums when it was still ongoing. The ending greatly improved the opinion of many people in this camp towards the show overall.)

2. This is the best trainwreck ever! I can't wait to meme about it on Sup Forums! (The consensus of the massive influx of newfags that the show caused. To date, no other show has brought about such a massive migration to Sup Forums.)

>Lelouch was a piece of shit all the time so it'd make more sense if he ended up surviving somehow.

Huh, why? He was a piece of shit, so he redeemed himself by sacrificing his life for a good cause. That makes perfect sense.

>Also it is such an utopia that everyone will forgive Britannia and the Britannia dynasty that easily.

The least believable plot point for sure.

>The world after lelouch was doomed to crumble in a really short time and it indeed did as they kinda confirmed this in the pv.

His only objective was to build a world more gentle than the one under the Britannian rule, not to create a utopia. Some shit was bound to go down eventually, that doesn't take away from the conclusion of R2.

>Lelouch having code geass makes much more sense as the title drop than just him having geass while his companion having the other half.

It's a title drop they were going to wait for 8 years to use? Even if you subscribe to the cart-driver theory, you must admit that the allusion to this title is pretty thin, regardless of its believability.

I think the overly nitpicky complaints will always happen, but cool people will always ignore them.

I don't understand why people are pretending Code Geass wasn't already awful. Season 1 was decent overall but season 2 moved into an earlier timeslot for kids and went into the garbage. There's no way R3 can be significantly worse than R2.

Well yeah, I hate its very existence
The series should have remained untouched, it had a fantastic and perfectly fine ending, there was no need to make more
So yeah, I'm gonna give it shit

>You also experienced a Akito the Exiled and know that it is a travesty.

Not really? This is the definition of a hyperbolic complaint.

>Deep down, you're instinctively thinking things like "Why are they reanimating a series that already ended perfectly?" and "It's been so long, this is just a blatant cash-in, isn't it?"

So what else is new? That's entirely normal with practically every other popular series.

>The truth is all signs point to shit if you're capable of rubbing two brain cells together.

What signs? Right now, it's based on nothing.

I think your description is a revisionism in and of itself, because it ignores a lot of nuances and classifications falling outside that field in order to create an imaginary single-minded consensus that never existed.

In short, what you're missing is that a lot of people may have thought this or that specific plot twist was BS or trashy, but also unironically enjoyed other aspects of the show at the same time, before or after the fact. Which is not covered by either of your overly simplistic generalizations about Geass here.

Furthermore, let's talk about memes. They do not imply a positive or negative opinion on the viewer's part towards the show. Spinzaku doesn't even qualify as a "plot twist" either and the million Zeroes part was pretty self-aware (even the dog dressed up too).

Even the newfags have a wider range of opinions. So yes, it would be inaccurate to treat the series as a sacred cow, but your alternative is not much more accurate.

>Huh, why? He was a piece of shit, so he redeemed himself by sacrificing his life for a good cause. That makes perfect sense.
Sure but I always thought he was alive because it fitted him more than being an "anti-hero" for his self-satisfaction. The guys who wanted him to go as an hero wanted him to stay as dead. But considering his character up until the Zero Requiem it wouldn't be weird that he somehow found a way to stay alive even after.
He also geassed Guilfold before going to the Kururugi Shine even though he supposedly was going to meet Suzaku earnestly. He always tried to prepare a back-up plan for his shit.
That being said it is possible that he survived unintentionally. Sure it will damage the glory of his sacrification but it is possible after all if he somehow acquired the Code from Charles.

>His only objective was to build a world more gentle than the one under the Britannian rule, not to create a utopia. Some shit was bound to go down eventually, that doesn't take away from the conclusion of R2.
I'd expect the colonies to declare war on Britannia or at least demand some good amount of money for all the shit they have been through. There is no way the new world come safer/gentler just because some evil emperor got killed. Look at Iraq after Saddam was removed for example.
>
>It's a title drop they were going to wait for 8 years to use? Even if you subscribe to the cart-driver theory, you must admit that the allusion to this title is pretty thin, regardless of its believability.
Well it is just that it'd make sense if Lelouch acquired both Code and Geass together and CC title dropped it for him.
Whatever they will do it or not is another matter, yeah.

Geass S3 may be better than R2 but the problem is there are some folks who would hate it based on nothing more than disliking the idea. As an aside, I'd say only about half of R2 is actually bad, even if it's the easier to remember part.

i'm kind excited, but at the same time...

R2 had the sort of ending that made up for all the bullshit plot twists and retcons. it's the reason you felt like the series ended on a high note. you mostly forgave and forgot the blunders, because the closure was perfect thematically and symbolically, something you rarely get in anime...

and now we gotta deal with this being undone.

Agreed

>But considering his character up until the Zero Requiem it wouldn't be weird that he somehow found a way to stay alive even after.

I see your point, but the other was is just more cathartic for the story, which is why I think it's a better option. Him playing everyone to the bitter end might just be too far out of character. I guess you could paint him as a prepper, but I don't quite see it.

>That being said it is possible that he survived unintentionally.

That's the best option, I reckon. It's the only option that doesn't diminish the ending and brings Lelouch back without invoking any outrageous ass-pulls, like a literal resurrection.

>I'd expect the colonies to declare war on Britannia or at least demand some good amount of money for all the shit they have been through.

Right. It could be any number of things without taking a dump on R2. As long as the conflict is engaging it'd play fine.

>Well it is just that it'd make sense if Lelouch acquired both Code and Geass together and CC title dropped it for him.

It'd be pretty dope, but as far as that being the intention behind the name, I think it's a stretch. At least it would've been originally.

I'd like Lelouch to survive intentionally rather than unintentionally.
Let him be an asshole to the very end.

I won't be satisfied either way.
If it is actually good like season 1 I will miss the cuhrayzy stuff in Season 2.
I hope it is more like season 2, I enjoyed that trainwreck of a season immensely..

Code Geass was super flawed to begin with, what makes it fun is the wild ride.

The worst thing R3 can do is be boring.

R2 has flaws but i personally find it more entertaning then R1

>One room country
>United states of Japan
>New mechs coming out at the last time
>Suzaku always getting in the way
>Ruining Tokyo somehow or other
>Using the nuke to kill 25 million
>Nuking pendragon because why not
>Getting rid of Charles and Marianne in just one (or two?) episode
>Getting Lelouch to die only to have him survive somehow.
>The whole OUGI deal
That was a good wild ride.

Nah.

If it's anything like the first two seasons, I will simply lean back, put on my sunglasses, and enjoy the hilarious train wrecks unfold.

>lelouch uses the same trick he used on a deranged psycopath to his uber-smart brother and it actually works

I wonder if they're actually going to make her more jolly in R3. Is happy C.C. going to be too much for this world?

Lelouch promised to make her smile so we will see

Its kinda your own fault. The intelligent people hated shit for fun but now the retards think that hating is part of the culture.

Code Geass did have flaws, but also had virtues. The excitement isn't only wildness you know.