What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/usjwNp3s94c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You coming here from or Facebook from starters

>What went wrong?
I'm guessing it all started when the condom broke.

Retarded fandom that would defend any kind of quality because it's konosuba

lower budget and inexperienced animators to save money.

Actually, DEEN is what went wrong.

this, the anime looks like pure shit

DEEN realized that the fans don't care how shit it looks.

>DEEN starts trying a little bit
>suddenly goes full retard in the middle of the season
>fans defend the blatant quality as "it's comedy rofl"
>releases a S2 with worse quality than the worst episodes in S1
>"it's okay since it makes them goofy!"

DEEN might be at fault, but part of the blame lies in these apologists

They might as well just release a CD Drama instead

It's facebook specifically this post. He didn't even try to change the file name.

Admin.IGON/photos/a.540104109366090.1073741829.537899836253184/1283936811649479/

They're putting more effort in their superior show this season since they know seasonal isekaishitters will watch this show regardless.

DEEN is pushing it a bit

Did they fix anything in the BDs?

Looks like shit because they took season 1 and went too far. Still got people defending it though, saying that it's part of the charm.

Sup Forums says this looks good but says KLK looks like shit.

It really makes you think how fucking delusional you can get when you like something, i guess this is what you call a "fanboy" and a "hipster".

I dont think anyone in the staff goes to 2ch

Full DEEN.

I really hate how the anime looks compared to the LN designs.

I get where you guys are coming from.

Let's just say the comedy kinda makes it watchable, if we didn't like it already it would go into the trash faster than you can spell Kachou Fuugetsu.

It does look like fucking trash.
And even in stillframes which TRIGGER doesn't do that much.

You go back there too.

Why is it even getting a S2? S1 was kind of fun but nothing to write home about aside from the ebin megumemes.

I don't know, but this week I discovered how powerful and scary a thing denial can be.

OP does bring up a good point. I thought becauese the first season was popular, they were going to make a more polished second season to please fans, instead we got something that clearly looks of lower quality. It's a shame, really, but who knows how the business works that causes these tragedies to happen. At least the voice acting and the story are still good, but OP is right in pointing out that the artwork does look lackluster

pic related, even amateur fan art looks better than season 2

>Sup Forums says
The Konosuba apologists are not the entire Sup Forums. I will still watch the second season but I can at least admit the quality took a goddamn nosedive.

DEEN is focusing on Rakugo :^)

It sells
If not the anime itself then the original
Probably

S1 had QUALITY and it sold pretty well.
So they thought maybe QUALITY is the right thing for Konosuba. Some fans seem to agree.
Besides, clearly the publisher isn't willing to pay them more to make a better S2, so why bother?

Megumin>Darkness>Aqua (only bro tier)

S1 Quality was perfection.
It seemed deliberate, I swear I thought it was intentional when I saw it because it hit the perfect balance and the timing was perfect.

There were comments from the director posted on Sup Forums and they were in fact intentional and deliberate. Check the archives for details.

Sup Forums (or what's left of it, really).

>Let's just say the comedy kinda makes it watchable

>jokes that can't make you laugh
>"comedy"

>we are low on budget and there's too much QUALITY
>let's tell them it was intentional and deliberate

It just seems so poor from DEEN who had enough time to do this show and it looks like ass.

Yeah I'm sure some moments are QUALITY for entertainment value but I doubt a whole 20 minutes was the plan.

Ive watched over 300 animes and I dont give a shit about drama CDs

They even reused animation of darkness reacting and music from season 1, i mean sure im still going to enjoy it but im a little disappointed.

It was a quick buck for them. They know fans are going to buy it anyway

It's supposed to look that way you retard the QUALITY is part of the show's charm and adds to its goofiness. Why is it so hard to understand this?

It was the character designer/chief animation director.

Can't even tell if these posts are serious or not anymore.

I know, people don't want to admit they got cucked and are now trying to say that not only the bad art style, but the even worse animation is intended

What went right?

no one in the industry, let alone DEEN, cares about what gaijin autists on Sup Forums think.

This has to be bait, I refuse to believe there are people who really think like this

Yeah, this is just sad.

DEEN shooting itself in the foot. Seriously fuck them and don't let them get their hands on good source material ever again.

They know second seasons tend to sell like shit, so they probably don't care.

But when the QUALITY takes up more screen time when compared to the regular animation, the comedy aspect of it looses all impact.

Deen and retarded fanboys, that's what happened

It's a comedy, yes, and I don't expect it to look amazing. I was ok with S1 looking goofy at times. Still, defending S2 looking even worse is fucking stupid, and I wish some people would kill themselves. I'm watching, I'm in for the jokes, but there is no defending the visuals.

I want animation fags to go. People watch this show for the comedy not the fucking animation.

>Did they ruin what made the show so good?
No, they didn't alter anything for the BD. Why would they? People were buying it for the animation style. Deen likes money.

Faggots like you can just stick to your self-masturabotory Garden Of Words threads.

Name one (1) single anime that has better animation for the sequel

You can't

>>Did they ruin what made the show so good?
The show was good because of the source material, not the lame ass quality
>People were buying it for the animation style
What animation style?
>Faggots like you can just stick to your self-masturabotory Garden Of Words threads.
Faggots like you are the cancer that's killing the anime industry

Does this count?

Working.

I want you to go

What the fuck did they do to my beautiful water goddess wife?

By the way, 皆さん New chapter of the "fanfic" is out. Go read it

How about instead compare the david first season to second

She now looks like what your taste is. Shit.

>It’s a fun show that is only amplified by Koichi Kikuta’s carefree approach to corrections. Usually, you could describe a Chief Animation Director’s job to be to retain the spirit of the character designs and embrace a consistency throughout the episode. Kikuta doesn’t agree. In fact, even though he was the character designer, it was the episodes that he wasn’t in charge of that actually seemed to reflect the original design sheets the most. He just loves unrestrained unbridled animation.

If I just wanted comedy I'd just stick to the LN

I bet retards like you would still defend DEEN even if it was just 20 minutes of a quality still image

Symphogear and Symphogear G had roughly the same budget.

>Usually, you could describe a Chief Animation Director’s job to be to retain the spirit of the character designs and embrace a consistency throughout the episode. Kikuta doesn’t agree
In other words, he's a lazy piece of shit that is not doing his job

Because only a single style of animation should be allowed right? Comedy anime are much better off with goofy animation, eg Milky Holmes.

I wish I could get paid to not do my job.

They didn' t pay enough to the Korean animators.

>What went wrong?
>Not even thinking "DEEN"?
>it's so hard to think, right?

Is left the wrong one? Looks generic as fuck.

>style of animation
>now quality 24/7 is considered an animation style

DEEN took the QUALITY meme seriously.

It's not like he's not doing correction work, he's just correcting drawings in ways other sakkans might not.

she got F A T

This is a good thing

>QUALITY is a style
and people wonder why DEEN is still around

This is intentional quality done right
youtu.be/usjwNp3s94c

It was unexpected, funny and short

What DEEN is doing is just QUALITY because of the low budget

And the rest of the show is animated with cardboard cutouts?

I can't believe people are defending how shitty it looks. I mean, sure I understood why the latter part of S1 it started looking a lot more terrible, but this is S2 man, at least make it look good at the beginning.

Aren't they making a ton of money off this? Then why is it so terrible? The girls looking cute is supposed to be part of the charm of this.

Like in S1 when they showed boobs but it looked like shit. Here in S2, they showed Aqua's ass but it looked like shit so why bother.

Oregairu.

>tfw this is just a different style of animation in accordance to deenfags

>Aqua being THICCer than Darkness
no.

Darkness is active though. Aqua is an indolent whore so it makes sense she will be THICCer

>Aren't they making a ton of money off this? Then why is it so terrible?
Because they made money off this.

Oregairu.

Deen thought that it would be a great idea to animate four shows in the same season. If you thought their animation was bad when they only handled one or two projects in the same season, brace yourself for the next three months.

THICC =/= fat
Darkness should be much THICCer than Aqua, simply because she's built like a house.

I'm afraid more for Rakugo Shinjuu. That shit needs proper animation and good voice acting during its rakugo segments or it would become boring as shit during that time.

because they never get translated

It looks like al the Konosuna budget went to Rakugo so they might pull it off

not a whole lot you can do without fuckloads of cash or cg

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

She would have more muscle not THICC. Aqua being a lazy bitch with some occasional walking makes the THICC.

At least 3 times better. They should've hired you instead of trusting gooks.