Just finished Re:Zero, so why did Emilia tell Subaru her name was witch hitler when they first met...

Just finished Re:Zero, so why did Emilia tell Subaru her name was witch hitler when they first met? Doesn't she hate being associated with Satella?

Great writing.

Normally a Half Elf with Silver hair giving her name as Satella would scare people.

Maybe so that he'd leave her the fuck alone.

This, pretty much. She pretended to be crazy (claiming to be the witch will make people believe you are) so she'd be left out of the royal selection.

Because at the time he was a liability and she wanted him off expecting to scare him using the name Satella

That didn't make sense to me either.

Because she thinks she doesn't deserve to be loved. Or because she's irrational.

Because she is the bottom of the barrel of shit waifus and is using the top waifu's name to increase her popularity. Emilia is complete trash, but Satella on the other hand is an angel.

Shitty writing, it makes no sense and it was never explained.

That said, this is my interpretation. Subaru was a weird guy acting all strange, declaring his love for her and dressing in an outlandish way. She introduced herself as Satella probably not only in hopes of chasing him off, but also to conform whether he was from the area or not. Everyone in Lugunica would know and fear the name Satella. Toyota simply accepted it as her name, confirming that he really wasn't from around here. Still, pretty stupid shit.

Also, between Re:Zero and Freezing, why do Nips love the name Satella so much as a faux-Western name? It's not even a real name as far as I know.

Easy, she wanted him to not associate with her and thought saying she's Satella would scare him off. Didn't work because Subaru had no idea of who the fuck Satella is.

Because this whole thing is just a simulation that Satella is using to test and forge her perfect husbando. Sloth was one of her failed projects, and his time reset authority was replaced with the unseen hand, after his mind broke. This is why he was screaming "I'll never forget all you've done for me, Satella!" which was exactly what Subaru kept saying.

Or this webnovel was just written by a moron who foreshadowed things he would later change his mind about. One or the other.

>Shitty writing, it makes no sense and it was never explained.
lol secondaries

Wasn't this already explained in episode 8?

>If people just saw her as a crazy freak, she wouldn't have to be involved in this royal selection mess

Emilia was basically trying to scare Subaru off so that he would stop accompanying her and not get into trouble due to Emilia's origin.

these, ignore the secondaries shitposting

Because the first time, it actually was Satella.

All that's left is cute pictures and the feel of s2 never.

It was never explained because it's still an ongoing mystery in the novels, you dumb anime-only redditor.

>hurf durf it was explained in the novel
That doesn't change that it wasn't explained in the anime, ergo it was bad writing (of the anime).

That doesn't change anything, mr. anime pro

not this again

which ep can i start from to bypass the mc getting adjusted to the world and jump into the action
i cant make it past the first 5min due to the cringe

Why force yourself to watch something you won't like?

> to bypass the mc getting adjusted

just watch it, its not that long

>i cant make it past the first 5min due to the cringe
Drop it. He doesn't really get any better aside from the ocassional suffering he always gets over

Stop being autistic and watch. You're sound like one of those people that don't pay attention to the story and them complain how "X didn't make sense"

It's impossible but damn, that would be one hell of a twist.

>mr. anime pro
you're the one who didn't read the source material m8

Not reading it is the winning move

>being proud of ignorance

It was meant as a JOKE! Pack explain why

Because she is the jealous witch