Smug loli witch

>smug loli witch
>stupidly strong spells
>30 minute long incantations
>complex about their body

So isn't she literally just Lina Inverse, or is Sup Forums too young to remember Slayers nowadays. Or at least she's a parody.

>loli

Also Lina is actually competent.

I've been saying that Konosuba is basically just the 2010s version of Slayers for a while now.

People get wrapped up in comparing it to other isekai but I think it's just a classic fantasy comedy.

Konosuba is a parody of isekai, wouldn't be surprised if its characters are parody's too. Hell every volume cover is a copy of a different series,

Lina isn't a chuuni and a baka and a loli like Megumin though.

Good job. You managed to figure it out.

Being a comedy that involves isekai doesn't make it a parody.

Her entire race is a parody of magical fantasy elves.
>Elves are usually an ancient race with a long history | Crimson Magic Clansmen are descended from genetically engineered humans from a few centuries back
>Elves are usually mysterious and wise | Crimson Magic Clansmen are all stupid chuunis
>Both races live secluded from the rest of society
>Both races are magically powerful and renowned for it, but where elves are revered for it, the Crimson Magic Race are feared for it because they're retards
Yes, I'm aware that there's another parody of fantasy elves in the hot spring town, but that guy is a parody of woodland hunter fantasy elves, not magical fantasy elves.

Why do people keep claiming that Megumin is a loli? She looks way too old to be one what the hell.

Loli is about body type, not age.

Because she is in canon and from an objective observation. Either you're a troll or you cherrypick DEEN's terrible character designs from S2.

Fuck off, LRD.

So wait are they dating in the LNs now or something?

>spells
>plural

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

>smug loli witch
>loli

That's where you're also wrong.

No, but making fun of isekai cliches does.

She is technical Anil Forward, actually.

>So isn't she literally just Lina Inverse
Her name is Megumin.
Lina Inverse is voiced by Hayashibara Megumi.

Not yet, but Megumin is in the lead. She's the closest thing to being a real love interest.

English dub when

See . I misquoted.

After you killed yourself.

It's Slayers but without the serious parts.

Has anyone actually refuted you on it? I actually agree with your statement.

>Suggesting someone apply kill to self
Time for you to die, kiddo.

you watch that shit

Dubs>subs forever, look in your heart you know it's true.

>implying that dub is equivalent to subbed

japanese is way more enthusiastic and erotic

>Hellsing
>NGE
Both are regarded as masterpieces, and their dubs are objectively better than the original Japanese.

Case Closed, checkmate, dubs win. Forever.

lina is good at plenty of other magic and can even use a sword.
She only needs the long incantation when shit is too strong for her standard fireball spells.

You should rewatch slayers

Slayers was pretty much my first anime love, but Megumin doesn't really remind me of Lina, mainly because their personalities are so different. Megumi is a lot more introverted, low-key, willing to fade into the background (occasional moments like the OP aside), and a sweeter person in general. Lina's personality is a lot harsher, she's cutely spunky in the original but can kind of be a crabby old bitch sometimes in Next and Try.

>comparing your isekai haremshit with Slayers as if they shared any common traits at all
Please, there's a limit how obnoxious casualfags can get.

>Hellsing
>NGE
Entry level shit...
>dubs are objectively better
...for casualfags like you.

>implying that Slayers isn't a harem series when Gourry, Zel, and Xelloss are all in love with Lina

Toppest of keks, user.
Toppest of keks.

Lina was intelligent and competent and literal perfection. Don't compare these two again.

Once again
>there's a limit to how obnoxious casualfags can get

>He tried to drop the entry level meme
Anime isn't some secret club, you tard. Literally anything could be entry level, because this isn't a video game where you unlock the next tier by smelling your own farts. Sup Forums has gone to shit, and it's your fault.

How am I a casualfag? I got into Slayers in 2003, I'm oldschool as fuck.

This looks pretty 90s.

Gee I wonder why.

It's from the 90s? said the show started in 2003.

It's obvious the cute girl is gourry

Slayers was actually good

It's from 1995. is a casual who thinks 2003 is impressive.

>dubfag
back to lebbit faggot

Well...

She is retarded and also can only use one spell a day, she is more like what the daughter of Lina and Gaury should be, with Lina power and Gaury autism.

Lina Inverse is better

>Megumin is a retarded genius wizard (Gourry/Lina daughter)
>Darkness is a paladin, also royalty (Gourry/Amelia daughter)
>Aqua is a retarded alcoholic priest (Gourry/Sylphiel daughter)
>Kazuma is weak but smart guy with a lot of abilities (Gourry/Zelgadiss son)
really makes you think

Her name is Megumin. Lina's VA was Megumi Hayashibara. No shit there's a connection.

Konosuba takes the genre parody a step further than Slayers did. The Slayers cast could be idiots, but it never got in the way of them being badass and Lina in particular was pretty cunning and genre savy. The Konosuba cast constantly have their attempts to be badass fail because they're such idiots, and Kazuma's attempts to play the genre savy card usually backfire. As such, a lot of Konosuba's characters reference Slayers indirectly by addressing the same genre tropes, when they're not doing so directly like Megumin does.

Yeah, I've got him beat by a good six years. Slayers was one of the big name shows in the late 90s, even if you had to resort to fansubs for Try that make today's machine translation look like high art.

>Lina
>loli
What the fuck?