Why is the ending of Evangelion considered controversial?

Why is the ending of Evangelion considered controversial?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJ5oBdJTXQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2deep

then they redid it twice and it was still 2deep both times

>nge

Anno told his fans to get the fuck over the franchise and gave them the middle finger.

People don't like to think or feel uncomfortable.

When unit 01 is going wild, why doesn't Shinji kill the Eva series? Bothers me.

Because people can't deduce by themselves what really happend and will never get metaphoric/introspective cinematography, regardless its in animes or movies.

Meta commentary is fedora-tier cancer.

The show's ending is very odd and an unexpected way to conclude the astronomical suspense that episode 24 ends on
End of Eva is still very philosophical and odd for an ending but can strike a nerve with people who like to look smart by saying the OG ending is the only real one.

Both endings supplement eachother

I know, but some people still think that one or the other is just awful.

only because you say it is?

meta can be good when executed right, that applies to most things

Meta is for hacks who think they're being clever and unique for being self-aware.

Congratulations

Contrarians

because either at the time of watching or in general people can't grasp basic metaphors and symbolism so they get confused by everything that isn't shonen-tier "in-your-face" obvious, it's why you don't really need much for an anime to be considered deep and thoughtfull as opposed to cinema and to a much bigger extent litterature.

seriously, if you had basic text interpretation as part of your middle/highschool's "curriculum" then you should be able to grasp evangelion and EoE without much trouble, and most "deep" anime as well. and i'll also outright state that some of the stuff in eva towards the end and in EoE are purely visual/stylish and don't actually hold any deeper meaning.

you're just projecting your disdain of things you don't understand

Evangelion's endings are not for everyone but don't pass your opinion as fact. Just say you didn't like it without generalizing.

Kill yourself.

Congraturayshauns

retards that didn't understand what the series was about wanted it to end with the big robots killing big monsters

Anno already said the symbolism is just there to look cool, it doesn't mean anything.

The whole thing is a surrealist art piece that's really about the artist, not itself.

>so deep mane, you didn't get it
No, people hated it because it was a low budget copout.

The end of the series just felt lazy though. It could have conveyed the same message in a natural, organic and meaningful way like it was doing for the past 24 episodes, but instead chose to end all in anti climatic way, full of overblown symbolism and meta commentary. It felt out of place in NGE and for good reason, the only reason Gainax did It was lack of budget.
>Anno already said the symbolism is just there to look cool, it doesn't mean anything.
That's just the religious symbolism, stop taking things out of context.

Is Rebuild actually worth watching?

Only if you want to be salty

Noted.

1 is not worth watching because it's pretty much the exact same as the first 6 or so episodes of the show but uglier
2 is just more ugly rehash and has some dumb changes
3 is still below the show but does actually introduce some fairly interesting world development IMO. I can't really recommend though, on the basis that you'd have to watch 2 to really understand what's going on.

Have you seen the show and EoE? If not, you need to watch those first.

If he actually likes NGE 3.3 is the one he will hate the most though.

Not necessarily. If he goes into it expecting stupid tripe like I did he should be fine.

I've watched the EVA and EoE several times over. never bothered with Rebuild.

People watched the show expecting Gundam and they left with existentialism n shiet

Then it's really up to you. I'd probably recommend at least waiting until 3.0+1 completes it if you really want to get an idea of what they're like.

Asuka IS BEST! EVERYONE KNOWS

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJ5oBdJTXQ

Objectively wrong

Just like Ideon!

Not even a contender! Get Real!

Cute image..It's exactly what a picture of those two would be like

>a picture of them is exactly like what a picture of them would be like

dumb asuka poster

High intellect Asuka poster! Should be obvious, given my taste, but no matter!

Pleonasm

because the opening scene is a 14 year old boy jacking off on a comatose 14 year old girl

>most beautiful girl in anime/the world

hard to blame him

well would you look at that, Asuka posters killed a thread

reminder that you people have been wrong for over 20 years

Killed it, or made it better?

>previous Asuka post
>0:44:22

>first post after that, that's only commenting on the thread being dead
>1:11:52

killed it

Maybe more Asuka will fix it!

Sure, if you watched the original series already

at least this image balances out to a net quality of 0, rather than the usual -10

only if you really really want to see kaworu

The ending was a bait and switch.
Most of the series was literally giant robots punching giant monsters in the face, then the last 2 episodes are 3deep5you shit animation stuff because the studio ran out of money.

It attracted a certain fanbase and then gave them and ending they would not like.

Reminder if you disliked the ending, you missed the point. It's fine, but Evangelion obviously isn't for you in that case. Try Gurren.

>Anno said that the ending had no meaning
>people still tried to draw meaning out of it
>"anime is too DEEP for you try [kid anime]" defense thrown out still
rofl

TV series: anti climatic 40 minutes of intense self loathing and character breakdowns that many found vague misplaced.
EOE: The biggest fuck you to otaku that the industry has ever seen.

It's the same ending.

>tfw I'm the only Asukafag that doesn't act like a total retard

Explain how it's a "fuck you" besides the masturbation scene and Asuka's final line.

because it is the same ending while explaining nothing

>Run out of budget with two episodes left
>Make a 40 minute boring as fuck abstract psychological ending with incredibly low animation quality and no actual answers except in the vaguest sense
>This of course gets praise from people that think abstract art is good and that some absolute shitter like Pollock is better than someone who actually made interesting stuff like Dali

>Later release EoE to give actual closure after a budget is secured

In the same way a trainwreck is worth watching.

There's always new people getting introduced into NGE and the waifuism, that's why it's gone on so long.

so, its literally fault of the asukafags?

Because the last two episodes were literally made with pennies and were terrible as a result. All those death threats Anno received got him to make End of Evangelion to make them happy and give them a "better" ending.

too srs

he was such a nigger

What comes after end of evangelion?
I know there are reboots, but I don't know the name.

>muh wife
>muh rei
>muh nerv
>acts like a fucking cunt to his own son, the last of his bloodline
I fucking hate gendo with a passion.

Is (NG) Evangelion worth watching?

>What comes after end of evangelion?
garbage

Damnit user I need an answer not an opinion.

>opinion

JUST TELL ME THE NAME OF IT YOU...YOU....
DOUBLE NIGGER!

Boku no Pico

I finished the original TV series (though with the redone 21, 22, 23, and 24) as well as EoE for the first time a few days ago

I really didn't think the original ending was that out there. The jump from normal reality to instrumentality is a bit sudden but not jarringly so, and the actual CONGRATULATIONS scene flowed completely naturally from an the stuff before it, though I think the transtion from "Shinji being a fucking loser and not getting it" to "Oh wait I fixed my depression lol" is also a little sudden.

The show had a bunch of psychological interrogation scenes across it's enritity so I don't know why people would have thought it being the case for the ending would be that unexpected.

As far as EoE, it obviously provided a lot more context as for how the instrumentality was exeucted which I enjoy and there's a lot of cool imagry and all that but I feel like the actual post instrumentality internal look at shinji's head is handled worse and is harder to follow, though that could just be because I didn't realize most of that dialog was supposed to be currently happening inside the instrumentality rather then flashbacks to events that we hadn't seen before.

>The show's ending is very odd and an unexpected way to conclude the astronomical suspense that episode 24 ends on

Most of the literature I was reading as a kid when I started with anime had similar endings, so I wasn't really suprised.

Also, both Rei and Asuka are fucking shit, Masato ain't that great either. The Episode where 01 tears 03 up with Touji still inside it due to the dummy plug is best episode.

its evangelion rebuild

1.0: the same as the old anime, the first fight is a 1:1 recreation, the others manage to be worse, which is quite notable because it looks like they put a lot of effort on ramiel, and somehow ended up worse

2.0: introduces a mari sue with no purpose, again the fights end up being worse than the originals

3.0: everyone is a dick to shinji for no reason. shinji is a fucking dumbass. subtle message that homosexuality is wrong despite all the faggotry of shinji and kaworu

>subtle message that homosexuality is wrong
Where did you get that from?
If anything, Eva shoves pro-homo down your throat.

>Where did you get that from?
the spears, they needed two different spears to save the world, but both were the same, just like the pilots on the eva 13 were the same gender, cannot repopulate with that

He needs to dual pilot with asuka, his true luuuv!

They weren't trying to repopulate, they were trying to redo time.
And the Cassius spear is originally Kaworu's, Longinus belongs to Lilith and the lilin.
There were two Longinus, because of lilin foul play.

The preview showed Asuka dual piloting with Mari.

>I just said that they need to repopulate the earth so spears/people need to be different genders

Try to be consistent. Shinji and the girl he luuvs will pilot together, syncing better than anyone ever could like in the original.

it is a symbolism, you need two opposites to create or recreate

>implying the preview matters
yeah, I remember NERV staff put under arrest in 3.0

Cassius can only be wielded by an angel though, so Kaworu is the only one who can use it.

That's why Gendo needed Shinji to pilot with him.

>NERV staff put under arrest in 3.0
Because that preview covers the events between 2.0 and 3.0, the 14 year timeskip.

Clearly shows Mari and Asuka dual piloting together, they even made figures of their two Evas merged into one.

Asuka luuuuuuuvs Shinji

Wait, so who would use the third spear Brutus?

Did they ever mention a third spear in Eva lore?
I only recall Cassius and Longinus.

that means shinji should have been a girl

He is a girl

According to ANIMA, he's the Eve to Kaworu's Adam. So expect more Shinji titties like this:

And shinji loves Rei, likes Kaworu and will settle for auska, what's your point?

if someone had explained the rules of fuck marry kill to shinji he wouldn't have fucked Rei and killed both Kaworu and auska

shinji will become tranny and save the world

Shinji luuuuuvs Asuka. They were made for eachother.

Shinji would
Marry Kaworu
Fuck Rei
Kill Asuka

All based on his actions and words in the Anime.

Basically.
He already has the vagina core.