Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2795070/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>i don't know what a weeb is

>old meme
Here is a (you) for you.

>muh thousand fold blade
I mean I guess that is a lot of folding who

>weeaboo: Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime.
how is that wrong?

I've actually done this to a tree once with my replica tetsusaiga. Very possible to do it to another sword with the right angle and skipped user controlling the blade.

Have you considered that maybe there's a possibility that the sword in question is hypothetically in some unforeseeable way not made out of the material that one would assume a sword is traditionally made out of?

>not guaranteedreplies.gif

Check out this newfag

Is this yuri?

Using a common warrior's blade instead of a shogun's katana that was infused with the power of a youkai

You just played ya self boi

>using like a typical western sword
>it doesn't work
>"hey! katana is shit because I can't use it properly!"
classic meme

Remember to report anyone that uses the word weeb, I have noticed that is used by crossboarders and newfags

How is cutting with a katana any different, dumbass?

Weaboo is someone who denounces their nationality to become a pretend Japanese in an autistic way. Like learning Japanese via anime or buying body pillows. Some of us here just like watching it, like we watch other shows. Just watching anime doesn't make you into a weeb. Maybe an otaku at most, but an otaku is the same thing as what we call a nerd so...

reported

Fight me faggot my murasame against your tetshitsaiga

Calling yourself an otaku just means you're a fucking weeb

Uhm, no?

If otaku means nerd and you are using the japanese equivalent then you're as bad as a weeaboo inserting kawaii and desu into their everyday speech. And try to come up with something better than "uhhhhhmm noooo" next time fagnerd

>its a "no, this is the REAL meaning of weeaboo!" episode

well I mean his katanas are literally magical

Weaboo was a wordfilter for wapanese.

Is this the one where they explained that the larger blade was made by casting instead of forging?

what changed between these 2 tests?

Photoshop

different swords

This meme needs to die. Katanas don't have some magic technique that suddenly makes their differentially hardened steel not shit.

1st one is katana vs european sword.
2nd one is european sword vs european sword.

> ^[substantive]fag$
eg. nerdfag
I agree that one can watch their cartoons and like their food without becoming a weeb but once you become an otaku you are lost forever.

>an otaku is worse than a weaboo

Newfag niggers please leave.

Except most Otakus don't speak like that. People who start using autistic words IRL are weaboos.

lol

Otaku is used in Japanese to make fun of Japanese people like you. I have no clue why you'd want to be associates with that word. It's like wanting to be called faggot in Chinese and sayung that it's totally fucking different from being a fruitbasket in English

this is wrong on so many levels

I'm not associating myself with them at all. You're just making shit up in your thick skull. It still stands that you're clearly too incompetent to understand that if you're on this website, you're an otaku.

If the villain's dick had been folded a thousand times do you think the rape wouldn't have gotten retconned?

>actually having a Sacred Blacksmith thread
Oh man, this brings back memories. I remember when this show was airing, Sup Forums was filled with shitposting non-stop for weeks upon weeks.
It was so much fun.

Someone post the gif, you know the one. xxx posts omited

>guaranteed replies.gif

They had to do this because the steel they had access to was of shit quality. All that work just to make it usable.

Another thing, weapons made by mold, swords to be precise were only made out of bronze or copper and even so most were hammered to have the propper shape and size.

Otaku comes from the word meaning house, and was originally derived to mean, and still has a heavy connotation for, shut ins. Regardless of hobby, people who are drains on society and don't produce anything. Just because you don't understand the word, doesn't mean you're using it correctly.

Why would a foreign anime fan care about what a bunch of xenophobic Japanese people think? They are crazy conformist over there so of course they look down on otaku.

Because they're using a word that suggests they're a shut in and complete waste of a human being to describe themselves. Simply because they dont understand the word.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

As I understand, the thing about the Katana is that it was light compared to an european sword and at the same time very sharp.

>European steel sword
>made with a mold
How can the writer of this be so retarded?

This is false, katanas were no lighter than the standard European broadsword, heavier in some cases, this is because a katana has to be quite thick to be structurally sound. Notice how you will rarely see someone wielding a katana with one hand, yet wielding a broadsword with one hand is commonplace.

No. I have not. What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously who would come up with this shit? You can't make this up.

A European Knight was objectively superior to a nip samurai on every level. Better equipment, better weaponry, better training, better physique, better armour etc. Only the most pathetic and desperate of weebs will delude themselves into believing otherwise.

That was not what the Tom Cruise movie taught me.

>{insert comment about the draw cut}

>folding iron
>Celts were doing this 9th century BC

>making swords with molds
>ever
Seriously?

Let's not forget horses that couldn't pass for donkeys. Japanese horses are smaller than even Mongolian ones.

>following Urbandictionary's definition
>Justifying autism with "le Otaku maymay"
wew
>

Can that katana destroy the Dragon Slayer?

>{insert comment about the difference between reality and fantasy coupled with an overt accusation of mental disability}

from a modern perspective, they're both inferior to a common rifleman

their value lies entirely in the aesthetic

agreed.

weeb means an obsessive anime fan. If you just watch anime for entertainment and dont care about if its considered good or not, you are a casual.

>A European Knight was objectively superior to a nip samurai on every level

This has become a dumb europhilic meme to a far greater extent than "folded 10,000 times" ever was.

>if you're on this website, you're an otaku.

no desu, baka-senpai~~~

I'm just your run of the mill faggot who likes watching Chinese cartoons. I don't own anime merch and I have never been to a Japanese concert while waving glowsticks in sync with the entire crowd.

And also, weeaboo in part is a term to make fun of non-11s like yourself who call themselves otaku as if it's a title of honour like 'Sir'. So neither of the two terms is flattering in any manner.

This is 100% accurate.

I do enjoy my anime, but let's not caught into some kind of vicious spiral where we start applying that admiration to other facets of Japanese culture and history.

Knights weren't the strongest unit of all time, or even the strongest in their time period, but they damn sure had an advantage over Samurai or anything that could have challenged them from that island.

Vikings were shit too for that matter, they were only feared because they're longboats allowed them to creep up rivers and attack defenseless and unsuspecting villages. They got completely wrecked whenever they came across any form of organized resistance, however.

It's true tho.

No. Because samurai are cooler.

>This has become a dumb europhilic meme to a far greater extent than "folded 10,000 times" ever was.
Wouldn't the quality of the soldier generally have more to do with the times than the location?

If you're in an era with a lot of fighting, you're probably better at fighting than the guys from peacetime.

So a knight from like 100 years war is probably better than a samurai from the Edo period, but a samurai from them sengoku times is probably better than a knight from the early renaissance and so on

>{insert comment about only pretending to be mentally challenged}

>literally a magical weapon cutting through a piece of shitty drop-forged, low-quality iron.

>He doesn't know about muscle density between races

Why do you think there are so many black athletes?

I'd wager the JSDF can kick their asses. Even women.

Early renaissance had shit ton of fighting tho.

>muh cutting power
You do know that samurai wore paper armor right?
You do also realise that most samurai combat was done on horseback on bows as opposed to people from poorer areas that had to use yari on foot.
Katanas were, are, and always will be worthless in combat, the steel core makes it too flexible for what it tries to do, and the iron and small area of contact outside makes it too brittle to function as a good cutting weapon.
Katanas were used ceremoniously far more then they were used in combat as weapons such as bows, axes, yari, and naginata existed.
It fails as an effiecient weapon unless supersized to the point that it looks like a parody of itself, and even then, its too heavy to effieciently use in prolonged combat.

>all these fa/tg/uys

If you don't think katanas are the superior weapon, you don't belong on Sup Forums. Go back to whatever board you crawled out of.

do you have any actual peer reviewed scientific study to back that assertion up?

>renissance
>hundred years war
A-user kun, the hundred years war took place during the English renissance

You firts, prove samurais are better than knights.

I'm not the guy you were responding to, but when you make such a specific scientific assertion, you should at least have some evidence to back it up.

>I'm not the guy you were responding to
Same here.

>using normal katanas
>not using katanas forged from the fires of the sun using an ogres horn and meteor as material

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2795070/

Then why even fucking respond? I didn't make any assertions.

I still like that guy.

btfo
You don't have to be a genius to see the massively different body types of races.

>I didn't make any assertions.
Neither did I. Then why even fucking respond?

Theorethically possible, but very unlikely.
Maybe if one blade was made from normal blade steel while the other made from a high enthropy alloy and sharpend to perfection while also applying perfect angles and sufficient speed and force (most likely super human)

Yet the Crucader European befriended the Jew, and now your shit hole continent is invaded by Mudslimes and niggers.

Top. Fucking. Kek.

I love how people use videos from probably the most inaccurate science show in the world.
In know the source and for those guys it is science to have a 400lbs guy jetting from one place to another to eat super sized meals and with super sized I mean in the region of being able to feed 40 body builders or so.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Bernie told me it's racissssss

It is possible if its a magic sword vs a non magical sword and the fighter is targeting the weapon.

>and now your shit hole continent is invaded by Mudslimes and niggers.

Are you asian?
Because if not there's some serious laughing directed at you.

the difference between black and white men in SM appears to be about 6% (at 27 years old)
considering the sample size and the amount of variation, I don't think that study proves what you think it does

>better training
I could agree with you on basically anything but this.
Standardsized Samurai training started at 3 years, from swords, to bows, to spears, hand to hand and what not.
Their education is more comparable to modern special forces.

No.

t. a SEA mudslime

I feel embarrassed for the author. It feels like he wanted to write a manga about Japan kicking the shit out of westerners, but he was too afraid to openly depict Europe or America so he picked some nondescript fantasy world instead.

He wasn't afraid, he shows JSDF blowing the fuck out of US special forces too.

Actually the crusades caused mass anti-semitism amongst the masses in Europe.
Jews were killed droves because of the religious fervor.

Considering that is white to black, then you have asians which are shorter, and have a very small presence in strength based sports world wide; considering they are the biggest racial group in the world. It really does.

Anime and manga