Why wasn't this a hit?

Why wasn't this a hit?

Obscure subject matter

it's accessible as shit though, and it's not like you had to know the history (although you would appreciate it more)

Waiting weeks if not months for subs killed much of the interest.

This. It took like months to get subbed after airing.

because it was a shit

It was AoTY though.

No subs so it passed under the radar. It's rarely brough up anymore because there's fuck all to discuss besides AESTHETICS memes and all that. Still a 10/10 anime though, recommended viewing even if only for the reaction faces.

- Uninteresting log line
- Uninteresting theme and subject on the surface
- "Slow" at the beginning
- Perhaps too many episodes to sustain interest
- Poor efforts at subbing
- No hype for Bee Train studios or NHK network broadcasting

Notwithstanding, a very deceptive series. For me, it is "The Wire" of Chinese cartoons and spirit anim(e)l.

It's LOGH of our generation. Give it some time, and then you'll suddenly notice it in top 10 of MAL ranking, bloggers will start praising it and we'll have daily/weekly threads for years to come after newfags on Sup Forums pick it up.

Just like most people would rather watch a show about knights beating the shit out of each other over benedictine monks slaving over their books so too would most people prefer a show in this setting to be samurai beating the shit out of each other than nobs fawning over pretty trinkets.

>based doremi release schedule
Man, I can still remember the feeling when you see theres a new release.

>Literally Aestheticism the anime

It crashed Bee Train with no survivors.

Hyouge Mono had the best Nobunaga.

This. I remembered I have to wait a FULL YEAR after Huzzah's fansubbing stopped at 16th episode or so

It was a hit with my heart. One of the wittiest things i've ever seen come from anime.

lol fuk no. utter delusion!

>lol
>fuk
>!
Fuck off back to wherever you crawled out from.

EAHAHAHAHA!~

>Every scene that Date appeared in

It's pretty common on top 10s of people who like to consider themselves "patricians".
It's well known for being a hidden gem, so to say

Modern Japanese don't care about Japanese history. Even though they would hate to admit it, they are just like the Chinese nowadays.

who imperfection and simplicity master race here?

In Japan or on Sup Forums? The manga did pretty well in Japan last time I checked.

Also, threadly reminder that the manga is getting regular scanlations.

Because it's literally the best anime ever created. Pearls before swine.

That was as experience all of its own.

But The Wire was good, user