What happened?

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g-CxJNZ1OH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DEEN don't give a fuck

DEEN knows that Konosuba is going to sell regardless of QUALITY so they're putting their resources into Rakugo.

ED vs OP

Jeez dude, you okay?

A R T I S T I C
D I R E C T I O N

Ironically shit

DEEN'd

bait

They are deconstructing konosuba

They started to melt.

It's a deconstruction of animation.

DEEN found a way

Japan finally having someone realise that they should use VISUAL comedy in VISUAL medium, instead of cliché generic stiff wallpaper bait.

Low budget garbage forced as le funny animu, same cheap tactic used in Kill la Kill.

Season 1 sold well, so they decided to sell Season 2 purely off existing popularity.
Presumably, they expect improving the animation to cost more than it brings in.

Does anyone actually care about the animation or is this just trolls trolling trolls?

I haven't even watched the new release yet.

shitpostin errday lmao!

UNGA BUNGA... BAD

UNGA BUNGA... GOOD

OOO OOO OOO BAD BUNGA GOOD BUNGA HURRR URRRRR

It's still masturbable

youtube.com/watch?v=g-CxJNZ1OH8

>turning the country up to 11

the word you're looking for is fappable

>that Darkness face

DEEN what the fuck is wrong with you.

why the fuck are there so many quality threads about Konosuba every day?

Does it really trigger you autists that much that you pay attention to every small detail that upsets you instead of enjoying the show for what it is?

>Japan finally having someone realise that they should use VISUAL comedy in VISUAL medium, instead of cliché generic stiff wallpaper bait.
There is a difference between funny and laughable.

>Kadokawa paid DEEN to make 10 episodes
I just don't understand. Why even bother to make S2 if they had such little confidence in it?

Le meme face lol.

5 ep =1 volume
???

Because
1.the quality drop when compared to S1 is quite noticeable
2.people expected S2 to be better, not the opposite

from decent QUALITY to awful ones with saggy tits

ayyy lmao XD quality meme reaction images.

If you had read the LN you'd know how much they left out.

They're bound to leave things out, but they still get more episodes/volume than your average adaptation.
What's important is taht it works, people like it and keep buying the LNs.

This is what happens when you loosen the leash on DEEN when they do a good job once every other year.

/thread

You can't compare different series like that.
Some series are more dialogue heavy than others, some have a lot more of exposition.
S1 had a few chapters completely left out. It sort of worked because the source material was funny enough to make it work, and people had low expectation for it.

>1.the quality drop when compared to S1 is quite noticeable

because you're comparing an entire season to 1 episode

>You can't compare different series like that.
The thing is most series, regardless of the genre, get 3-4 episodes tops and move on.
Konosuba had the advantage of basically working as an episodic series with some plot thrown in by mid and end series.
That way you get people happy with the anime and curious to check the LN for the chapters it mentions in the actual series it skipped.
And it worked fantastcially well because it started selling over 100k+ per volume.

First episodes often have some of the best animation of the season because they want to do everything they can to hook people into watching it. A first episode looking bad does not bode well for the rest of the series.

>hey dude
>what?
>remember that low budget QUALITY shit we are releasing this season
>they are all like that give me a name
>the comedy one with the explosion girl
>oh yeah
>it sold like 9k
>what the fuck?!
>Yeah, we are making a season 2 of it
>oh man, we are making so much bank on it, cut that production values in half, shit will sell anyway.

Something like this probably.

If the 1st episode can't stand up to scrutiny...

I still enjoy Konosuba, but it upsets me that DEEN decided "the worse it looks, the better".

>genre
Genre got nothing to do with it.
As for the purpose of anime, this is Sup Forums, you don't need to explain it.
Before S1, they didn't have confidence in the potential of the series, so they didn't want to risk too much money in it and paid for 10 episodes instead of 12. They realized they underestimated it so they decided to make another season. But instead of making another regular length season, they again ordered 10 episodes, that's what puzzling.

wasn't a lolicon until this show came and ruined me

S1 didn't look bad at all though.

THIRTEEN

M O R E
O
E

You're dying from your poor taste? Good.

Yeah, out of ten.

They don't want people asking "S3 when?"

nopan

This is the second episode screenshot.

Another one. Even episode, the other director.

Your ESL is showing.

>pan in pyjamas
What unga country do you live in?

Do you like piss stains on your pajamas, you barbarian?

You can get most of it out and soap the tip after if you're a guy. Feels good to stay as clean as possible. Can't say the same for girls, we're lucky to have a tube we can drain.

Well, I am grateful I am not an American. You see we don't have FEMA camps here.

Last one.

Most people don't regularly piss themselves while wearing pajamas.

>not sleeping in just boxers and letting the sheets caress your bare skin
Seriously? What are pajamas even for, bed wetting babies?

DEEN happened. OH WAIT.

I heard it was somethign that people used the wear in the past, because there was no heating or some shit.

we all start somewhere

You forgot this.

I don't get it. Both were made by DEEN. Did the staff change?

>not going full commando
barbarians

I'm baffled how people still don't get it when the character designer and animation director himself made an interview explaining this loose and comical style as something he brought into the project. From the very start KonoSuba built upon the idea that Kikuta introduced and they gradually utilized it more and more.
Now in the second season he goes in even more and to no one's surprise he key animated majority of the first episode hence the overall comedic, loose and fun art style and animation.

This has nothing to do with a smaller budget, less effort or whatever else retarded shit people come up with. They are simply being ignorant towards a design choice made by the man that is the pillar of this whole project.

No offense at you nor was this directed at you, it's just that it gets increasingly annoying how majority of people push this one different reasons than are actually the case especially if it has such a negative connotation.

No amount of "artistic direction" can justify shit being off model in a non-comedic scene i.e. the character just normaly talking or standing.

cope

From the three, Megumin looks fine anyway

>DEEN
>Complaining about QUALITY

The fuck? I actually think that those DEEN faces they did in the first episode and the OP fit the show very well.

>pinching the arrow
C'mon Kazuma

i-it's supposed to look bad!

Third season screenshot.

>No offense at you

None taken. Thank you for explanation.

Jesus Christ she looks like a dude now.

Well it's Kazuma's POV, of course Aqua would get uglier each passing day

Luluco had loose comical style. This is just a shitty excuse to cut corners.

Cheers, mate!

And a artistic choice is not limited to specific situations. You call it off model in a negative way. I see it as a loose and off model in a fun and positive way.

Love it or hate it, that's up to you but just don't try to paint it as anything else that it is. That just makes you look ignorant if anything.

Yeah and I really couldn't care less as this is a subjective thing for you to perceive. You liked it at Luluco but not here, it's just that. Doesn't it make less a loose comical style, just not yours.

DEEND.COM

>This has nothing to do with a smaller budget
>comedic, loose and fun art style and animation
>a design choice
Congratulations, this shall be the first copypasta on my new PC.