How is race not a social construct?

I'm all down for biological, genetic, and physical groupings which act as a somewhat decent heuristic to what we consider "white" today, but the idea of race existing itself is bs in my opinion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JVrw-IiGgLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the idea of race existing
do dog breeds exist in your opinion? do different subspecies of bears exist?

>British
>complaining about who is and isn't white.
Pic related

for what reason exactly?

It's not really an argument, homo sapiens is a polytypic species if you use the same standards as what we use for other animals.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVrw-IiGgLY

There is hardly any genetic variation with humans

What race would indians be according to this picture then?

>There is hardly any genetic variation with humans
what on earth are you talking about

Besides raw FST isn't reflective of differences, there can be IMMENSE differences that are caused by the same genes clustering differently, unique difference isn't the metric that you go by.

Indians would probably be best off classified as their own race, they're not arab or south asian (as in indonesian/malay)

These differences are so slight they dont even matter. And besides that there is more genetic variation in Africa than out side that, so how would they fit into one group

Interesting how every race "skeptic" only ever has a problem with the idea of the white race.

There's definitely a such thing as the African race, as well as the Asian race, it's only Europeans that perpetuate an arbitrary social construct of bigotry and hatred.

>These differences are so slight they dont even matter.
by what metric ?

I dont believe in any races

dot or feather?

>These differences are so slight they dont even matter

except for intelligence differences

Why did you ask the question talking exclusively about whites then?

What races do you think exist

Just an example, dont get caught up about it :-)

>so how would they fit into one group
they dont

>And besides that there is more genetic variation in Africa than out side that, so how would they fit into one group
What's the best fit genetic cluster ? Most likely they would all identify as "black" so there you go, obv you can nitpick as much as you want

I'm not sure you're even interested in learning, you're kind of just regurgitating shitty sociologist talking point zingers that aren't very good

you shouldnt concede that it's "just intelligence" , genes affect everything

>you shouldnt concede that it's "just intelligence" , genes affect everything

I wasn't, I was saying that intelligence isn't a small difference in and of itself, and that's just one difference.

Not really.

You'd never challenge a black person on racial pride, and it's a fact that you never have. You only go for low hanging fruit, like a true intellectual.

>I dont believe in any races
do you believe in evolution?

Give me a list of race that you think exist please

Evidently not.

do dog races exist?
is there such a thing as a Labrador and a German Shepherd?

Races don’t exist but ethnicities and genetic differences do.

i would totally roy moore all four

there you go

Do you think colors exist? If so, give me a list of colors you think exist.

After all, color is on a spectrum, and any boundaries you draw will therefore be arbitrary social constructions. Therefore, color does not exist.

Sort of giving yourself away there paki.

Biological and genetic differences === race. Are you retarded?

This is so misleading.
It paints all of the SSA as the same color but they are the most genetically diverse group. As I said there is more genetic diversity in Africa than outside it.
List me the races you think exist again please

If the term white is confusing for you simply think of them as indigenous Europeans.

>tfw DNA test got back to me
> 4% IBERIAN PENINSULA

Noooooo

hat is “white pride”? Why do you feel proud? What, exactly, have you accomplished? Do you admire the accomplishments of white people (inventing the light bulb and polio vaccine, for instance)? That’s nice, but you don’t deserve any credit for it. Besides, what have you invented?

The problem with “white pride” is usually that it is directed against someone else. It’s not pride, exactly, it’s the proclamation of superiority, coupled with the accusation of inferiority. It is bigotry with a fancy label.

It is not the opposite, by the way, of “black pride.” Black pride is the admiration of people of your group who have succeeded despite all the obstacles, despite the prejudice. It is not directed against anyone. It’s a positive idea.

The red lines separating the races are a social construct. Social constructs answer questions like "is Argentina white?" But the human genotype varies based on lineage. This is no social construct, but cold hard fact.

DNA

0/10

it would be bracketed

Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid

Each one containing ethnic variations (Anglo-Saxon, Germanic, Nordic, Slavic, Sub-Saharan, etc)

That isn't an argument buddy, try again.

Perhaps you should look at a dictionary, because by definition race exists.

This is a taxonomic problem, and you only have a problem with taxonomy when its applied to living humans.

There are many species that have LESS genetic variation than humans, and those species have subspecies.

Then anyone being proud of their identity is just as wrong. People should be proud of the achievements of our people. It inspires them to achieve more. Niggers never achieved anything therefore they have low aspirations and bum around all day claiming welfare. Whites ARE civilization. That's just a fact.

Wrong usage of the term "pride". I can feel proud of my grandfathers heroism fighting in ww2 without feeling I personally share his accomplishments. It's an acknowledgement, respect and admiration for a member of your in-group.

There's at least three distinct races within Sub Saharan Africa. Congolese Pygmies, Khoisans, and "blacks". People from the Horn of Africa may as well be classified as a distinct race as well as they're more similar to Caucasians genetically than they are to rest of Sub Saharan Africa.

The mistake you're making is to suggest that incorrect grouping means groups don't actually exist.

Why is Caucasoid a race but not "Slavic"

>fingers firmly in ears shouting lalalalala
Ok rabbi, you've done your job. Unless you want to mate with a chimp and prove us all wrong the argument is lost.

Define race for me then

Double standarts much ?

>This is so misleading.
It's not "misleading", it's fucking genetic clusters.
You don't want the answers, you don't want data, you want your pre-existing horse shit narratives to be confirmed. They're not true.

> As I said there is more genetic diversity in Africa than outside it.
So what?
There's a million ways to measure """"genetic diversity""". There are many places in Africa that haven't evolved anywhere for a long time, that doesn't say anything about their closest fit cluster. Like why do you believe this statement means anything at all? What are you trying to insist here?

>List me the races you think exist again please
I already did, you can put every ethnicity of the world under those 7 clusters

>obstacles, despite the prejudice.
Of course a nigger wouldn't know about the Irish or any other the other basically slaves that came to America from Europe
But that wouldn't fit into your victim world view. It's like your new God.

Why isnt an ethnicity its own race?

>It’s not pride, exactly, it’s the proclamation of superiority, coupled with the accusation of inferiority. It is bigotry with a fancy label.

except for those people who can feel pride without feeling superior, you're projecting

And even *if* someone felt superior, who gives a shit? Someone feeling superior to me isn't going to damage my property or body, or interfere with my autonomy.

That's a silly thing to get bent out of shape over.

India is such a large sub-continent that it is absurd to demand of someone to describe and "Indian" race. It's far more easier in small ethnically homogeneous European countries.

Are you going to bother to read all the articles I've provided? I doubt that you've read any of them yet.

>The problem with “white pride” is usually that it is directed against someone else. It’s not pride, exactly, it’s the proclamation of superiority, coupled with the accusation of inferiority.
What a bunch of nonsense. The japanese are probably better than finns by most metrics that you could use, that doesn't mean I want more than 100 japanese people to have permanent residence here.

Populations are populations, some are fucking horrendous(like somalis) that we don't want here, but whatever task we're good at or bad at doesn't take away from inherent tribalism that all races carry with them.

>Black pride is the admiration of people of your group who have succeeded despite all the obstacles, despite the prejudice.
HAHAHAHAHAH ok ok good bait, you win

From Oxford dictionary.

RACE: Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.
‘people of all races, colours, and creeds’

can someone reply please? am I racist for claiming dog races exist?

"Why isn't reddish dark orange a separate color from orange"
Nigga because it's still within the same color that

Or in the case of slavs, they are still a subgroup of the European race that diverged from sub-saharans and asians a much longer time ago than , say, germanics diverged from slavs.

1- A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of physical or genetic traits shared by the group.

White pride is irrelevant to the existance of races.

what distinct characteristics?

Someone tell me why ethnicities aren't their own races?

distinct physical ones, aka phenotypical ones. Can you read?

Give me a race and their own distinct characteristics then

It's a matter of genetical distance. different ethnic groups tend to cluster in a series of patterns. Those pattern are called races

>Ok good bait, you win
Again not an argument
>Some are fucking horrendous (like somalis)
You're proving my point, you realize that right? How can you say that an ideology that promotes,subjugation of other people simply due to skin color isn't hatred?

Where does this genetic distance end then lol

>OP continues to post without addressing any of my posts

meme picture.and what?

can you please list to me the characteristics that distinguish a Labrador skull from a German Shepard skull? thanks
please tell us about the genetic cluster that divides those two dogs

dog breed≠human race

There's objectively more difference between human races than dog breeds

also yes you're racist

Different eyes, different skin, different propensity to violence, different bone structure, different brain, different height, different, different behavioral traits, different everything

answered you faggotyou really need to watch this video:"Where do colors end and the next color starts"
You're like a caricature of a liberal creationist

Die in a fire you squirrelly kike.
People who are not a part of a group do not get to define who is in the group

What do you mean?
It doesn't "end", that's the whole point of evolution. Aside from few cases there is some continuity, yet patterns are easily identified.
Look up any genetic distance map

it shows you distinct physical characteristics between different groups

please explain the exact differences between the two terms and why they are different
also, again, I must ask you for the exact scientific definition of "Labrador"
you sound like a canine racist

Why arent slavs their own race?

Guys this is just trolling 101 at this point.

HOLY SHIT DO YOU EVEN READ YOUR OWN THREAD

You already asked this
Step up your shitty bait

tell me why

because they cluster too closely with other ethnic groups and thus not worthy of being classified in a different manner

From the Humane Genome Project: "DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity."

Explain to my how Segregation = Subjugation ?

Maybe I have lost track
Just reply to this and explain why cant slavs be their own race

it's a classic example of one directional leftist deconstructionism, very similar in form to how infants constantly ask why why why to their parents for no particular reason or interest
the forma mentis is very much similar

Because you ask the same question over and over again even if that question has allready been answered.

see