Harem

What is the most ideal number of girls a guy can have in his harem?

I think we can all agree that too many girls is a clusterfuck, pic related.

4-5 girls?

I'd say 2 or 3. Perfect number to develop them and dominate sexually.

>2
That's a love triangle not a harem

I still consider it a harem if they share the same dude

What's the highest number of girls in a harem shown in anime?

>A harem of two girls
I dunno it sounds weird when you say it aloud

It also sounds like an excuse to call anime you don't like "haremshit" (i.e. Re:Zero).

5 with a 6th appearing later, like sentai or magical girl shows.

Can you even count my NEWfriend?
emilia
rem
satella
felt
beatrice

5 is the maximum, and even then its hard to have each of the girls get enough screen time to avoid obscurity.
On another note, is there any non-shit harem manga that manages a true harem end (comedy or otherwise)?

Pic related, manga only.

Re:Zero is a pure romance because only Rem is in the running for the Subarubowl

Who?

3 is the perfect number in my opinion. 4 is acceptable but anything after that is just bloated, it starts to get hard to develop the characters individually and give them dedicated screen time.

I really need to read the manga, I heard it goes in a different direction than the LN.

The last 2-3 volumes of the LN are pure garbage.

Nagasarete airantou and isekai seikishi.

>3
The perfect balance

You forgot Petra and Patrasche

i remember watching this, but for the love of god I can't remember the title.

Are there any harem where

1.) The MC isn't a faggot who turns down girls for no reason
or
2.) Actual harem ending

Well it really depends on how good the author can balance all the characters. Which is regrettably usually pretty poorly.

One of the major problems is how quickly non main girls become redundant and how often most are just added so they can cross archetypes off the check list. The Tsundere, the Oujo, the childhood friend, the tomboy etc. Characters are added for the sake of appealing to the fans of that archetype regardless of whether or not they contribute to the story.

3-6 is fine. Greater than 6 girls = staring point for deterioration of diminishing return begins.

Actual Harem end, Asobi Ni Iku Yo

Harem where the MC isn't a beta cuck, Trinity Seven

Umi No Misaki and Mushoku Tensei

Negima had more that 30, sort of.

I think 3-5 is ideal

Degenerates need not apply.

How many of those girls get actual REAL screen time

7. You need enough variety to make it work and big enough to make it a real harem.

color wars

5 should be enough, at 6 and 7 you start getting redundant and just reduce focus for everyone

5 is perfect

Tsundere
Shy girl
Childhood friend
Loli
Cake
Ojou
Kuudere
Stalker
Tomboy
Trap
Reverse trap
Imouto
Am I missing other?

Plenty

We need a harem where there is no main girl and the first two girls are introduced at the exact same time so there are no debates on who the main girl is.

7 still works because you can share the girls and obviously they spend most of their time together and in groups. It's not like they have to go on solo dates or anything. My ideal harem would look like this
>2-3 lolis
>2-3 sexy girls
>1 main girl that's the first one introduced
Plus that the main character is alpha and not a pussy

I probably couldn't handle more than three, personally, but five seems like it'd be the most fun, as well as the warmest in terms of love.

That's not an idealistic harem, too many sexy girls

I think that Akamatsu was very balanced about it and most of them had many chances to shine. I'd say that the "inner circle" of Negi love was 9, though.

Isn't Majikoi still growing? How many bitches does Yamato have now?

about this many girls is aight.

About 10 or so had really major involvement in the plot, but really all of them except for Zazi, Madoka, Sakurako, and Misa had atleast one or two moments to shine

Any good harem on sad panda?

Yeah. you're missing how they fit into the story.

You've created boring waifus who only exist to pander to archetype.

Every scene with your harem is just going to be the girls reiterating what their trait is over all create a shitty story

The reason 5 works is because it allows them to actually exist as characters

Most harems' girls are archtypes.
There are no unique girls in a harem series. No exception.

every character in everything is an archetype. That doesn't mean they can't still be interesting or have relevance. It's how you execute the archetypes that matter and adding one just for the sake of a check list is how shit like Infinite Stratos is made

Harem girls should be judged by their designs and body type

>every character in everything is an archetype
True but even moreso in harems.

I see you're trolling good to know so i can ignore you.

5 is overrated. 4 is the true standard.

The fuck are you on about? Harem's are nothing but archetype pandering. Authors don't think about their characters past what fetish they cater too. How many times have we heard the same DO HO HO HO laugh or see a child hood friend hit THE MC because they're too shy to confess

honestly if you've seen one harem anime these days you've seen em all

Issei juggles about 8 or 9 bitches but he's fairly advanced so I'd say a harem is anything more than 4.

>so I'd say a harem is anything more than 4.

That wasn't the question, moron. Nobody asked what a harem IS we're talking about what's the proper balance.

Watch Umi No Misaki first it's solid harem romance and tons of other things also exist.

Doesn't Issei have around 20 bitches now?

I am quite familiar with a great number of good harem anime, I don't deny good ones exist, in fact a lot of my favorite anime are or have harem elements to them, pic related for instance is my all time favorite.

Demon King Daimao

3-4 should be enough, enough to not sidelining any girl in an odd way when the focus shifted.
Best of all, harem end or the softest girl won.

And Asterisk was fucking garbage

Maximum of 5 for manga.

Maximum of 3 for anime.

Honestly I think the issue may less with harem and too many half hearted commercial adaptations. It always feels like more and more shows are ending just as soon as their starting.

And yes I know the point is to sell LN but it also feels like we used to get more original or complete adaptations

>a love triangle

You mean "a macross".

Back then, most were manga adaptations that ended going on for a long while. Then it became light novel adaptations with Haruhi and Index. At some point or another, it just became a formula for advertising LNs instead of trying to get people into the actual series and animate the good parts.

We'll never get another Shana or ZnK treatment where they tried to adapt most of the material anymore.

I love harems, but only in series that are about other things. This gives the series something to do other than the same old cliches, and often can give a protagonist with some actual reason as to why a bunch of girls want him.

>ZnK
What?
You must mean ZnT.

2-4. Just like in real life.

6. It's balanced. Childhood friend, Cake, Tsundere, Loli, Tomboy, Slut.

More checklists needed in a haremshit:
Twintails
Himecut
Short hair
Boyish hair
Bobcut
Ponytail
Sexhair
Drills
Braids

I want a harem where the MC is German and moves to Japan with his German girlfriend and he gets a Japanese girlfriend and a Italian one.
The name of the MC is Axis.

Oh shit, yeah, my mistake.
I'm better off going to sleep.

Well plus it lets the characters are actually be characters instead of just, well they're effectively just a collection. Drama is a part of story telling and relationship drama is often some of the most interesting there is.

But a story really isn't interesting if it's just some normal yutz surrounded by babes who want him for flimsy justifications.

SHows like El Hazard, Vandread and Macross have harem/love triangles but the characters all exist first and foremost as players and all exist for reasons to help drive the adventure along

can agree 5 is too many

you just described Hetalia

Underrated girl.

best girl

3 or 4 main girls with actual chances of winning plus another 2 or 3 secondary girls that know they have no chances of winning but sometimes share intimate moments with the MC and ultimately help him choose one of the main girls.

>with actual chances of winning

OH GOD THIS. The worst thing about harems period is that it's almost always just a shitty rom com with the main girl with 5 other girls who do nothing but run cock block.

They make the main girl too obvious to the point where there's no sense in getting invested at all

3-4 is ideal. You go further than that and it the amount of attention and emotional connection each get can get becomes too spread out to feel like a real relationship and is instead just to indulge cravings for different "flavors" of girls.

But of course 1 on 1 or love triangles will always be infinitely better as romance stories.

2, oneesan and imouto.

Three.

All.
It should be like pokemon.

>actual chances of winning
There's always only one girl with actual chance of winning. Harem manga likes to pretend otherwise but don't let them fool you

>No exception
Go read Hare-kon

They could stand to make it less obvious is the issue

Over nine thousand

Around 20 to 30.

Love triangler are all the same. You watch one you've seen them all.

exactly 20,001. unfortunately like half of them were killed by a very extreme yandere

They don't count if they were born before joining the harem

Pokemon is dogshit

Between 3-11.

ONE is the perfect number

That plot point is so retarded.

Someone should put her on it.

3 wifes and 3 daughters

3 or 5 for main heroines

3 is my favorite, and usually has the most developed heroines/emotional weight per character (Yahari, Saekano, Umi no Misaki and countless others)

5 is like more fun as usually they can play it out with other heroines (Rokujouma, Korean Zombie)

That's because the concept of a main girl exists. Until the main girl concept is gone, there will always be one girl who is the frontrunner in winning