The Japanese Market Question

>This sold 883
>yuri on ice sold 50,000
So give me one good reason why we shouldn't nuke them a third fucking time for having such shit taste?
It's an absolute fucking travesty and we shouldn't stand for this.

Buy it yourself, duh. We live in such times it's easy to import shit even to third world.

>>This sold 883
>>yuri on ice sold 50,000
Thank you, Japan. For once you did something right.

>we shouldn't stand for this
There is no we, go back to eating burgers and mind your own damn business.

Why do you care about what sales or not?

but you're wrong

No, you are.

FF was a mistake, not even Rolling Girls tier, let alone compared to better shows like Kyousogiga. It didnt even deserve Fractale 883 sales, since Fractale was in objectively EVERY aspect superior - from animation, visuals, characters, music to story.

Thankfully, Handshakers this season shows how REALLY good original ambitious projects should be.

We all know nips have horribly bad taste.

If nothing else at least I can say that one of my favourite anime is cool and unknown.

They might, but how is that related to this specific case? Bad show flopped as laws of nature dictate.

>we
Fuck off.

>Killing 127 million people for the crimes of 50,000 fujos

>/u/ shitter mad his FOTM show sold like shit

It explains the schism between Sup Forums opinion and the nip's opinion. Whilst I agree the show wasn't great, it was well liked here.

Japanese Otakus were always known for their shit taste.

profits means we get more like it
fujoshi sales dominance means more gay figure skating in the future
less deep technicolor psychedelic adventures about girls who love love love love each other

>Fractale
>better story
that's only because not everyone has seen the whole story, they haven't watched all 26 episodes!

You should lick fujos feet for single handedly saving anime.

Those character designs were fugly

you're basically
>waaaaaah why didn't my pretty colors sell anything

Elevens confirming you're shit taste.

>it was well liked here.
Stop this meme. The FF circlejerk is just autistic FF circlejerk. One of the most obnoxious even, since they continue shitposting even after the show ended and flopped. One needs true dedication to steal title of worst fanbase of the year from re:zero.

This looks so damn bland and the animation on the hair is terrible, it's like the hair is running at 2fps

Fujoshi memes have going on for many years but otaku still reign supreme.

"Oh no", we'll get a bunch of bland homo stuff instead of perfumed bland homo stuff.

>yuri on ice sold 50,000
That was almost two weeks ago.

>10 copies

Thank god that trash didn't sell. It doesn't deserve any.

You realize this argument about an autistic circlejerk can be applied to any show, right? Are you really so angry about people disagreeing with you about the quality of a show?

>all these FliFLa haters
>they probably don't even know who the ep3 PI belonged to

>Are you really so angry about people disagreeing with you about the quality of a show?

Only if you're applying it incorrectly.

I knew this was going to be fucking Flip Flappers. We get your favorite show tanked so please stop bringing up all the time. In reality there were many things better than Flip Flappers that should have surpassed YOI in sales. But Japs are retards so what are you gonna do?

FliFla will become a cult series, don't worry. Also considering that it had no marketing, no big names behind it and is an original low sales were a given.

So instead of posting the amazing action sequence before this, or one of the well composed scenes that's a sort of visual metaphor, you pick this one to represent the show because it has two girls hugging, and you're a stupid fucking yurifag.

I hope we nuke your house next.

And when is it ever applied correctly?
It's just a way to dismiss a group of people liking something you don't

It is ironic that FF fags complain about Yuri on Ice selling, claiming it did because of fujoshis while reality is opposite.

Yuri on Ice was ambitious anime appealing to mainstream normalfags, executing well an extremely popular in Japan and World Wide topic of ice skating and portraying the scene quite well, also exxagerated. It had superb execution, was fun and succeeded for same reason Kimi no Namae does: it transcends the otaku stigma.

Meanwhile Flip Flappers is a niche title only for hardcore Otaku audience and REAL reason its only fans stuck with it as it aired was Yuri bait and sexualization of characters. It was not a deep show, did not had good plot, its visuals while ok were not enouth to make the show good.

So basically people who spend whole season posting about how they want to smell character butts and lesbian fanart are now buthurt an actual decent family friendly normalfag show sold better than it.

Flip Flappers is gay, dudes. Also get better at making webms. Making their resolution a bit bigger won't damage the quality in any discernable way.

>Yuri on Ice was ambitious
YOI is fine and all but it what way was it ambitious? All it's sales are a result of pandering to Fujos.

I liked both shows but you gotta be a fucking weirdo not to smell the equal-level pandering stench.

What I will say in its defense is that it quits being pandering about 3 episodes in. That's when most fujos will be hooked. It's a very obvious marketing tactic, especially since they have the gayboy Victor naked in every other scene.

Thanks for illustrating my argument with live example.

While I hate fujoshi, my hate for yurifags burns infinitely brighter. This news is fucking amazing. I'm glad that Flip Flappers crashed and burned like trash. Yuri pandering garbage has flooded anime and manga for years now. Hopefully the fad will soon pass.

Don't blame Fujo's for Flip Flappers flopping. They are totally different target demographics. But you know all this anyway and this is probably just another character assassination attempt. We didn't have a faggot spamming low resolution gif's and webm's without punctuation all season and one week after the show flops, you appear. Really makes me think.

Yuri on Ice was better than Flip Flappers

>anons insult each other all the time
>therefore the insults are never correct
No.

FF had legit better animation than YoI. though
And a show doesn't need to be deep or have a good plot to be good

>all result for pandering to fujos
You are way exaggerating things. I'm not watching YOI but i clearly know from the synopsis that it's about ice skating and not about gay romance theme. Can you plese drop your fujos google when posting.

Do you really think someones autism would go so far?
The anti-yuri shitter hasn't shown up in these threads, too

>FF had legit better animation than YoI.
Stopped reading here.

>FF had legit better animation than Yol
Not according to Crunchyroll.

Yuri on Ice was better than Flip Flappers.

Most things are better than Flip Flappers.

>I'm not watching YOI

They were both bad.

But Rolling Girls was actually good.
That's about the level of hyperbole I've come to expect from this place, nothing new.

True. It's only correct when you use them, my friend. Specially meaningless buzzwords like
"autistic circlejerk"
>using popularity votes as an argument
Thanks for confirming your retardation

#LoveWins
get over it, grandpa!

>not a deep show, did not had good plot
honestly can't wait until some normie youtuber takes all the discoveries of the hardcore fans and then puts it into a normie-as-fuck breakdown video that goes big on reddit then all these FF haters will say they loved it all alongprobably under the title of "greatest anime nobody has ever heard of"
ep1-9 first layer of understanding unlocked -> ep10-13 second layer of (false)understanding unlocked"wtf what a shit ending" -> ep14-22 third layer of understanding unlocked -> ep23-26 4th and true understanding unlocked "wtf i love the ending now"

Why fujoshi fanbase is almost always so insecure when they're questioned.

FF was entertaining as fuck and looked great, the only exception being a couple of episodes in the finale. But most of the episodes looked amazing

If you can't separate an autistic circlejerk from random Sup Forums threads about whatever then you need to lurk more.

You presented retarded and wrong argument claiming FF has better animation than Yuri on Ice. You are wrong. Popularity has zero to do with it.

YoL had examples of QUALITY in secondary scenes, but overall it tops anything FF, or anything that season easily.

Yuri in shows with female MCs is predictable and lazy and it doesn't deserve better sales.

FF fags are same fags that say Kyousogiga TV plot was a mess. So your argument is invalid. They are physically incapable of following any actual plot and story.

This thing needs an update
>If it parodies other shows, it's LOL SO RANDUM XD
>If it's a thread where people are happily discussing a show you don't like, it's a circlejerk

You used the CR popularity awards. Your shit's invalid. Now kill yourself. You'll probably think I'm homophobic for not treat Yaoi on Ice as a divine masterpiece
As are sport shows like YoI.

Except FF-fags are the ones that understood the plot the best by overanalyzing and predicting everything. The only non-shitposting opinion about the ending a flip flapper would hold is that the ending was rushed and/or had bad pacing, too much stuff crammed into too little time.

>You
Kill yourself.

All style no substance.

>As are sport shows like YoI.
That goes without saying.

You misunderstood me, I'm saying you dont watch YOI but came here saying that user has to drop fujo googles when you, yourself havent watch it. Shit nigga, the gay scenes were too evident. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed YOI because its a take on an interesting sport and how shit works in it.

>that day when you realize LWA triggerdrones are lesser evil because cancer like FF fags exist

>a show doesn't need to be deep or have a good plot to be good
BUT IT HAD THE DEEPEST AND THE BEST PLOT!

>the irony of everyone missing the actual depth of the plot because of the visuals
he folded the damn story over on top of itself using surrealism, tropes and the parallels in the nature of the medium and between dreams and dimensional travel to hide the seams
they even managed to fit in an episode that called out the entire industry of pandering to /u/ !
why can't you appreciate what he managed to accomplish?

every time you watch something new for the first time a transformative process takes place that makes the first experience more special than any other exprience!
but the way he folded it it made the second time the TRUE first time

Oshiyama is a god damn god
keep an eye on him!

>t. jojofags scapgoating

because flip flop was basically only animation, and didn't do anything other than that, while Gay o Ice, while lacking in animation, had better charcters amd overall story (than FlipFlop)

In actuality both were mediocre series at best, but YOI sold thanks to Fujosbuks,

Why do you expect yuri pandering to sell when we get 5-10+ yuri pandering shows every season now?

It becomes evident that this is someone giving flappers a bad name. Both shows share a lot of fans.

Well, that and that by the end, Cocona's driving motivation for the entire series appeared to be hanging out with her bestie.

For a show with teenage discovery and exploration as it's theme, they certainly didn't delve into the wants and desires Cocona had for her future. Most of the show was focused on her past.

>fujo goggles
Not this time, user.

Flip Flappers is a legitimately terrible show. Yuri on Ice is bad too, but it knew its audience at least.

The ending gives a strange message, she still wasn't able to pick a school, instead she chose escapism in magical dimensions without pay

Just answer the question instead of moving the goal post.

>Salt banging and having a child with an experiment subject

Unethical scientist, Japan hates that shit.

If you can't name the owners of each illusion you have no right to call this anime shit.

Miyazaki had a point

Are you referring to the person who politely informed everyone that yuri isn't the same as lesbians to Japanese people and never will be, and that only delusional western yurifags think there's any sort of actual romance in this show? Because that person provided links to Japanese sites to back up what he was saying, while yurifags here just scream angrily.

Honestly I loved the show to death. It's really just the stupid yurifags who shit up threads and make everyone hate fans of the show.

>FF had legit better animation than YoI. though

Absolutely not.

The best scenes in Flip Flappers can't even hold a candle to the best scenes in Yuri on Ice. Not only was the animation in YoI smoother, but the choreography and cinematography were so much better it's not even funny.

And you can post QUALITY screencaps from YoI all you want. They knew how to budget their animation. They focused on making the skating scenes look their best, and of the skaters they focused their attention most on the two Yuris. Mappa blew it out of the water.

I'm not part of fujo fanbase so I cant answer that, I didnt even go to the weekly episode YOI thread past episode 1, since I know it will turn shit with crossboarders and external sites cancer.

No, that anti-yuri shitter was against yuri in all its forms, as a matter of principle, for some reason. Don't really care about yuri either, though the interaction between Cocona and Papika was well done.

>one good reason why we shouldn't nuke them a third fucking time

Because the outcome could be even worse. If two nukes made them as they are now imagine with three.

you know what i regret this
then we'll just get posers who didn't even watch the full 26 episodes

Most of this has been figured out after the episode aired.

Damn Flip Flapperfags are autistic as fuck. No wonder why nobody likes them.

Can at least try some punctuation and capitalization, if you don't want to give Flip Flappers a bad name?

>my homosexual animation is better than your homosexual animation
Seriously though, yoi is shit. The only reason it doesn't get as much shitposting as it deserves is because most of our dedicated shit posters are fujoshits.

I save capitalization and punctuation for same-fagging.
Throws people off the trail.

I honestly can't tell if this post is satire or genuine idiocy.

No, you use it all the time so you don't look like some dirty phone poster or third world monkey.

They didn't have a problem with this research facility kidnapping babies and raising them as sacrificial guinea pigs. I imagine the gubmint had no idea about the whole operation.

Which is next-to-impossible, given the size and location of the facility. Japan is not a big island. Someone would have spotted that shit.

>It criticizes yuri for not committing to same sex relationships
>Except that the show didn't have any romantic or sexual relationships
>And the writer is on record as saying she's not a militant yuri-fag like she was when she was a kid and was silly enough to think that all yuri had to end in romantic relationships otherwise it wasn't real yuri
You could have just talked about how the episode was one of the only anime to do horror atmosphere correctly and how it was brilliantly directed, but no, it had to be about yuri fanfic.

>YFW you realise the closest "Pure Illusion" adventure that matches was the Tropical Island Pure Illusion!
>But that wasn't pure illusion that was real life!
>Papika is so pure she doesn't need an illusion to escape to!
>The real world is her perfect dream world!