I'll be staying in Gdansk, Poland for a week, what should I do? First time going. Interested in history, churches...

I'll be staying in Gdansk, Poland for a week, what should I do? First time going. Interested in history, churches, great food etc. I can also move around, so it doesn't have to be in Gdansk particularly, but the closer the better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XvknNZURjSI
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brama_Żuraw_w_Gdańsku
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gdańsk_Shipyard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Mary's_Basilica,_Kraków
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabytki_Gdańska
niezalezna.pl/101804-ciekawy-pomysl-pis-u-czy-rzad-odbuduje-zamki-kazimierza-wielkiego
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

help the falangists

Gdansk is german. The only polish accent in Gdansk is that Gdansk was the birthplace of Solidarity in 1980

Call it Danzig and see what happens.

GOPNIK FIRST Drink a bottle of polis vodka .Second:leave poland because you are black and muslim =RIP

We call it Gdansk in Finland.

Try Danziger Goldwasser. And negotiate for giving Danzig back to Germany, thanks.

>Waaah muh clay

>Danziger Goldwasser

These kinds of spirits are not for me at all. Beer should be great there? Hopefully they have some German.

westerplatte

Gdansk used to be a free trading city bordered by germans both on the west and the east, and with a significant german/jewish population. It's like visiting London in hopes of seeing british gentlemen in large bicycles.

That being said, it is a very pretty location. If you want to dissect our shitty culture then go south.

Hook up with a Polish girl and make her promises to get her to the promised land (America), then leave her never revealing your true Finish mongol identity.

Gdańsk is good if you hate commies

If I were you I'd just take a train/bus to Kraków or Wrocław

Gdańsk is fucking awesome, there's plenty to see in the city center, also be sure to visit Oliwa and Wrzeszcz.

>what should I do?
competitive vodka drinking

> Interested in history
Did you play witcher 3? If so, pic rel will be cool to visit

> churches
quite a lot of them there

> so it doesn’t have to be in Gdansk particularly, but the closer the better
I suggest visiting Malbork, it is not far away and there is the biggest castle in the world

Getting real comfy by this.

Of course! Thanks.

Seems very pretty, hope I'll see some German kikes in large bikes!

>if you hate commies

Who doesn't? But why is Gdansk good for that? Gonna drive to Krakow probably.

Visit Sopot by train it's pretty easy, Sopot has beach and more classy ladies walking around in short skirts for some reason. Pubs and reseraunts all have beer as well as vodka but I don't think German beer is definitively better, Czech beers OK, Polish is also fine.

Don't give any gypsies any money, their might be one lurking out the front of churches

i passed sopot once when going to gdansk by train, and holy shit, the view from the window was like some Brazilian favela

How's that building called? I know it was for loading cereal right?

Visit Malbork aka Marienburg. It is a medieval fortress built by Teutonic Knights and is the largest castle in the world.

Use video for reference
youtube.com/watch?v=XvknNZURjSI

>The only polish accent in Gdansk
Read our history, there is more to Gdańsk than the 123 it spent under German rule.

HOW MANY NEGROS OR GYPSIS.MUSLIM IN POLAND ??

Like 12, we're full tho, don't come. We don't want to make it 13.

Based Fins

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brama_Żuraw_w_Gdańsku

In English it means literally „Crane gate”. Up till the 17th century it had some military role, then it became a port crane. Today there is a musem there

Thanks for the tips!

>Don't give any gypsies any money

Self-explanatory.

>Did you play witcher 3? If so, pic rel will be cool to visit

Don't play much games anymore, but Witcher 3 seems like one of the best games ever made.

>I suggest visiting Malbork, it is not far away and there is the biggest castle in the world

Great suggestion.

I saw only one black guy when I was visiting Szczecin (Stettin). He was supposedly a imported player for the local soccer team. 99.8 % white people there overall

btw, we are going to rebuild 50 castles in the next 20 years (that Swedes destroyed during Deluge)

It depends whether you count in foreign students.
But I guess less than 5k niggers, less than 30k (including Polish tatars that have been living here for centuries) muslims, less than 20k gypsies (I haven’t seen a gypsy beggar in a public transport since something like 2008 and I do live in Warsaw and spend 1,5h in bus/metro every day)

>Who doesn't? But why is Gdansk good for that?
Because Solidarność („Solidarity”) was born there and Gdańsk was always the first city to protest against the communist regime, followed later by the entire country

>In 1980 Gdańsk was the arena for events that marked the beginning of organized resistance to Communist dictatorship in eastern Europe. A strike by 17,000 ship builders saw Solidarity (Solidarność), led by shipyard electrician Lech Wałęsa, recognised as the first non-Communist trade union in the then Soviet Bloc. The move was one of the first successful steps in a campaign of civil resistance that contributed to the eventual collapse of Communism across eastern Europe.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gdańsk_Shipyard

Oh, and just don’t fall for Lech Wałęsa meme. Our right-wingers hate him.

And as for the churches, this one is a must

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Mary's_Basilica,_Kraków

and in general here is the list of antique buildings and shit

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabytki_Gdańska

>we are going to rebuild 50 castles in the next 20 years
Can't wait if true.Source,please.

yeh this one is amazeballs

niezalezna.pl/101804-ciekawy-pomysl-pis-u-czy-rzad-odbuduje-zamki-kazimierza-wielkiego

>niezalezna

Great, I can't reply to my own thread anymore. Maybe this will come through though? Thanks for all the replies, and I'm still updating the thread, you guys are making my Poland visit very special indeed.

Gdansk belongs for longer time to Poland than Germany...