Free college can it work?

If the dems got what they wanted (free college) how would this pan out? would it fuck up america?

Other urls found in this thread:

elespanol.com/espana/sociedad/20161102/167733832_0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nigga just open textbooks and volunteer for work and show you did shit some wagecucks do

Because they want your tax money in order to indoctrinate young people on leftist policies. They have no intention of educating them.

We should open a college called Free College, and it would just give out free bachelors. Win win for everybody.

Only economically and socially productive degrees, STEM+architecture+medicine, should be state funded.

Wanna by a professional patriarchy detective? Better get daddy's wallet

I thought about a solution where gov gives you some small amount of money, and a room to live. You study on your own and only attend tests. How much money would be saved if unies didn't have to pay for everything except testing.

Europeans of pol, do you have completely free college with no strings attached? Could I spend ten years flunking out of underwater basket weaving classes and get it all paid for?

>how would this pan out? would it fuck up america?

everyone would live on campuses and never, ever move out

Man I wish something like this would happen, but it never would because it would upset people (mostly women, let's be honest) too much to be implemented.

What if there are too many 'STEM+architecture+medicine' grads?

we would all be smarter!
no more of this "stupid american" bullshit

I dont think that will happen any time soon
elespanol.com/espana/sociedad/20161102/167733832_0.html

Start selling their services to nations who don't having this amazing surplus

I do not support free college for everyone. It should be based on the program you're studying. Programs that are useful and needed in society such as engineering, physics, math, medicine, nursing should be funded at 100%. Less useful but still useful programs such as education should be highly subsidized and so on, while completely useless degrees should not be subsidized at all.

Look at it this way:

How valuable is an HS diploma?

Now, how valuable would a college degree be if everyone has one?

Your colleges are privately owned.

So if I owned a private college, what would stop me from gradually raising the cost for college?
Your tax system wouldn't mind continue to get fucked by my incresing prices?

Simple; the bachelors degree would become the new high school diploma and a doctorate would become the new AA. meanwhile I'm in trade school laughing my ass off because I'm making more than my friends who went to college and, if we do get free higher education, it will stay that way. Faggots are afraid to work hard and wake up at 5 am.

>What if there are too many 'STEM+architecture+medicine' grads?
The worst ones gets filtered off automatically in the job market.

You're a moron. The thing that is valuable is the skills someone obtains after a diploma, not the diploma itself. And the fact is, in todays world, a high school diploma ain't worth shit because most western societies have moved from a manufacturing economy to a service based economy. The latter requires a higher degree of education. Way to show you faggots know nothing about how the world works.

Never gonna happen since you need to be above average intelligence to be in any of those fields, and be hard working, something that a lot of people aren't

you realize statistically there is a greater chance they will actually make more money than you in the long run.
But remember feels > reals in the conservacuck sphere so maybe you are right.

If it's "free" from now on, can I get my student debt wiped and my payments until now refunded, or do I just get fucked?
We have a situation where an entire generation of impressionable barely-out-of-highschool kids got suckered into paying five figures for worthless shit. It's criminal. Maybe Sup Forums is against free college, but the current state is an affront to justice.

Charge premium for certifications lisences and internships and make regular/general/liberal education free

Make higher education as mandatory as middle or high school. Now you can subsidize education through taxes.

Get rid of degrees and such for apprenticeships.
Make students pay while learning.
As an apprentice you tithe 20-30% to your master/journey mam for all the years you are under his tutleadge. That way teachers are incentivized to turn out good performers. And the students are incentivized to actually apply themselves becuase if they cant foot the bill they probably should consider another career choice.

This feels>reals bullshit is the perfect characterization of "the other"

so Forest Gump could go to school for ten years then become a doctor! Yay!

Depends. Will they require much better grades to be accepted into many schools or will they just let any chucklefuck in? I'm thinking the latter is most likely which will make degrees even less valuable

>Free college can it work?
No, not until the Federal Reserve and the IRS (both privately owned) are shut down and the banks required to go full reserve. So basically not on this planet.

There's no such thing as "free college". Someone's always footing the bill and, in this case, it'd be taxpayers.
>If the dems got what they wanted (free college) how would this pan out?
The cultural Marxists infesting the education system would now be pushing their leftist propaganda at the taxpayers' expense, everyone would be expected to go to college after high school, and degrees would become even more worthless.
>would it fuck up america?
America is already fucked up. Making college free would only create another layer on the shit sandwich.
If you want "free" college, then earn it through the military. There's no excuse, even for women (who the military coddles and has ridiculously low expectations of).

Only if he's a nigger.

Wasn't that long ago that what people learned in high school was almost equivalent to want they learn in college today. Mandatory post-high school just devalues education further. Now instead of needing a bachelors to get the flunky job that in all honesty could be done by a reasonably intelligent middle-schooler you're going to need a Phd.

>how would this pan out?
The exact same way as ACA. It would be a huge burden to the middle class. Who is going to pay for it? The middle class will.

Degrees will be worthless if everyone has one. It becomes a nonsense issue of throwing money away for no purpose then to spend money.

Why does no one point out one simple fact:

>College is already free. They are called scholarships, and are awarded on merit.

Yes.

>muh college degree would lose value
This is inaccurate. Academic standards won't change. Only capable people will still be able to get admitted into the university, they'll just be able to afford it easier.

>it would cost too much
Colleges already get millions from the government already. Force them to spend it on students instead of lining their fat Jew pockets and you'll cover it.

>it'll cover retarded majors like gender studies
Those are already covered right now. Not going to change.

Employers would just start demanding higher tier degrees for entry level bullshit. A standard bachelors degree would be about as valuable as a high school diploma.

Free education can work, but it is not an ideal arrangement either.
1. Government-funded places are going to be limited. Demand and competition for admission will be high, and with them all the corruption, cheating, and affirmative action issues will become more prominent.
2. Government is still going to pay to the universities on a per-student basis, so universities will still be discouraged from removing poorly performing and misbehaving students. Except that now poor performers are a burden and potentially take a place of someone who would be a good student.

No they won't Cletus. As long as they don't change the admission standards, all it does is prevent people who would otherwise go into debt for a degree from going into debt. They will still have the same skills they learned. You're not going to magically need a PhD to automatically get a job, because only so few people can do that.

Has free governemnt shit ever worked in history? Ever?... For like ... All of time?

It kind of all seems to end in people abusing the fuck out of it, and the "Free shit" turning into a slush fund for power hungry... like always... like in every example ever. Everywhere.

>There's no such thing as "free college". Someone's always footing the bill and, in this case, it'd be taxpayers.
Why do you faggots always bring this retarded argument? When using "free suervices" it is ALWAYS assumed it is paid by the tax payers, no need to be a fucking smart ass.

Besides, free college is very possible, maybe not in the traditional sense. Look up academy khan. It is mostly ran by volunteers and donations, making it effectively free, since no one other than volunteers are paying for it.

>dat high acceptance rates for such low gpas
wew, i knew canadian med schools were harder to get in than american ones but holy shit, most canadian med applicants would get instantly accepted in your schools. It literally takes a near perfect gpa to get accepted here, even for niggers.

relevant

>how would this pan out?
Minimum highschool GPAs and SAT/ACT scores to go to a "free" college, because it'll be going out of our tax dollars.

>would it fuck up america?
It'll be deemed racist because certain ethnic groups will not do as well on the SAT/ACT or in class in general. People will feel entitled to free college since taxpayers pay for it, even though not everyone deserves it.

College doesnt even need to be as expensive as it is. Force the Jew admins to stop pocketing all the government money and you'll cut costs in half right there.

Only if it was reserved for the top 10% of students

Free college would be easily obtainable if we cut it from our nearly 1 trillion in defense spending but hey gotta build more missiles for ENDLESS WAR hee hee thanks Hilldog ;0

>Free brainwashing

It works in Norway...

I'm not saying it's gonna work in any other country, I'm just saying it is possible. We obviously have our faults with the nordic welfare-state-model (immigrants and too many old folks), but it's still functional as hell if I may say so.

If free college is a bad idea because the degree will get watered down and be worthless, why is free highschool acceptable?
Really activates my almonds.
(In other countries like japan, high school kids pay tuition, even if it's nominal.)

With free college a glut of people will decided to hedge their bets and both go to college and look for a job. Eventually enough people with a degree will exist to force out non-college graduates.

The people running the colleges will get more power the more people go to their college, so will want everyone to go to college, especially minorities. Look at Harvard, it no longer cares about their students, but cares about the power that being a college provides over their student's thoughts. Today we have situations where colleges sucker in people to a STEM degree by making the first two years easy (for free money and gender study student transfers), and students eventually force the lowering of standards for the full degree. Eventually the degree will be worthless.

Now instead of having to deal with a multitude of people knowing the cost, it becomes the function of the jew admin's best friend in the government to decide costs in a hidden budget item. This is happening today, inner city schools are given an absurd amount of money per pupil; all stolen by graft without protest because its hidden in the system and everyone important gets to steal it. Textbooks are allowed to price gorge despite the fact that there are laws against it, the people enforcing those laws have already been corrupted.

No the us is different. Libtards want free school to expand the non stem brainwashing sjw courses.

Your country is fucked, you just dont know it yet. Wait until the soros machine gets its hands on a couple of generations

We are moving towards a negative outcome, indeed. But the right politics is on the move in Europe. Hopefully we will eventully start punishing asylum seekers who rape our women etc., but change must come from within - politics.

And like I said, I know free education doesn't function properly in many countries in the world. Many norwegian journalists have actuallyed written about the increasing problem of "safe spaces" and "academic censorship", which stems out from the US and Canada.

I agree with free college but only for new students. Those "dumb fucks" who are $80k in debt on student loans will have to keep paying until they die for their poor decisions.

Be male 32yr applying for pa school instead of med school so I can have a salary/career (and be done) sooner than later. Am I making the right choice here?

Also:
The fact that this picture doesn't scare the people of my generation, reveal to us their indoctrinated naivety.

Only if they limit the entry into certain degree fields. Basically if it can be proven that your degree will net you work on a statistically high basis and that the investment will return to society then yes.

If you want a degree in women studies from Harvard for free you can fuck off.

You didn't have to go to college. You should have had rich parents or aplied for grants and scholarships. Why would you borrow money tomgo to school that shows your not smart enough to obtain higher education.

Make people who do two years of 'service' like the army or building roads eligible for free community or reduced state school. Private school should be made better and not filled with feel feel spaces. European model might be interesting, but would require people to actually care or work, which they won't.

Sure, but you get what you pay for. Private schools would simply be better and whites would go there while blacks remain in extended public school.

Labor still follows the laws of supply and demand. If everyone has the same degree as you, it's worthless and employers will either have no need for you or pay you poorly.

I'm sure there was a time when a women's studies degree could net you a fat check. But it's an easy program and any retard can get it so it's a degree to work at Starbucks.

it'd be manageable if you got rid of all shit degrees, took control of the colleges themselves to manage budgets so they don't jew you to hell and back, and forced entrants to make some plans for their education and careers instead of aimlessly taking classes for 3 years then dropping out

but most of the fucks aren't willing to sit down and do that, or the people supporting free college want it precisely so they can spend 5 years on women's studies, so no it won't really work in practice

>There's no such thing as "free college". Someone's always footing the bill and, in this case, it'd be taxpayers.
Why do you assume the taxpayers to be somebody else? The idea (as the Europeans know) is that what the students learn will enable them to do things they wouldn't otherwise be able to do, hence they would become more productive, earn more money, and pay more taxes.

the problem isn't so much that college is unafordable, it's that the quality of education has eroded.

STEM degrees are still worth something, but most college degrees nowadays don't teach you anything useful for competing in the job market. (Humanities Degrees)

I think we should implement some form of trade education programs into schools, like some high schools have shop class.... just get some semi-retired tradesmen to teach students a useful skill that they can use in the job market.

I think that might be a pretty good form of pre-retirement job for some of them, and then we wouldn't have to worry about the shortage of qualified tradesmen.

College just isn't really useful for the vast majority of people.

any thoughts?

You're failing to take into account two things:
Firstly, globalization will ensure the degree still has some value.
Secondly, different people have different degrees, and nobody is suggesting everyone should do the same thing.

of course it can work, but make it only for the really smart (5% of population) and merit based, instead of "muh network" and "muh bullshit" based

stem is overgrown myth too, don't believe the 300k after graduation meme

>how would this pan out?
Free public school offering worthless degrees, and everyone wanting a private college degree.

>stem is overgrown myth too, don't believe the 300k after graduation meme

I think there may be a problem with students not being aware of which fields are likely to be hiring in significant quantities to justify them pursuing them.

Corporations that hire stem workers should probably work with the colleges to let them know about what kind of STEM degree holders they are seeking, in what quantity, etc.. so the students can be better informed on which degrees will be worth persuing.

This would probably lower the problem that occurs when specific fields are over-saturated with degree holders, and there aren't enough jobs.

Oh so I can work in a useless field as long as I'm willing to uproot my life and move to a country where I have no connection to the culture and probably don't speak the language.

Supply and demand applies but people aren't a global commodity in that way.

See what sweden is doing and copy it

They should make it free for majors that are in demand. Education is an investment, so it's folly for a country not to subsidize it. Unless, of course, you want to just import educated Changs and Pajeets like Trump plans once his immigration reform goes through.