White ex-cop gets 20 years for Walter Scott slaying

Remember pic related? BLM won this one.

msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-ex-cop-gets-20-years-for-walter-scott-slaying/ar-BBGkWjo?li=BBmkt5R&OCID=ems.display.welcomeexperience

>CHARLESTON, S.C. — One by one, relatives of the late Walter Scott urged a judge to mete out a significant punishment for Michael Slager, the white former police officer who fatally shot Scott, an unarmed black man, in the back after a 2015 traffic stop.

>Attorneys for the former North Charleston officer said he shot the 50-year-old Scott in self-defense after the two fought and Scott grabbed Slager's stun gun. They said race didn't play a role in the shooting and Slager never had any "racial animus" toward minorities.

>Still, Slager pleaded guilty in federal court to violating Scott's civil rights. As part of a plea agreement reached in May, prosecutors dropped state murder charges.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=YgBhlQYuJLM
youtube.com/watch?v=ym4tE0SQCZY
youtube.com/watch?v=GA-SII0Ckos
youtube.com/watch?v=HYLLoG8zd74Shit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Racial Animus
good band name

Greatest hits? Bullet to the spine

This is fucking ridiculous. Sending a police officer to prison is a fucking death sentence. They should have just moved him to a different district and nothing else.

that cop was guilty af
this is the one nog that dindu nuffin so bad to deserve this

Dude deserves it.
He made a normal traffic stop into a death sentence for that good boi.
He didnu nuffen

I hate BLM and everything, but why don't US cops shoot to injure, like in the legs or something?

Do they assume everyone carries a gun?

I saw video...wth this shit was a done deal in his defense on Sup Forums when it happened.
Why did he plead guilty? He must have felt bad and fucked his life up. He'll be dead in prison...

>Shoot to injure

Does not compute

Good, fuck this pig

>I saw video...wth this shit was a done deal in his defense on Sup Forums

Unfortunately if a criminal tries to kill you then turns around and runs you will become a murderer if you shoot them in the back. Just the way the law "works".

Anybody who thinks the cop isn't guilty is a fucking retard. Fuck blm and all that, but it's blatantly clear he murdered the guy

>When making a split second life-or-death decision, why don't the cops just choose to aim for the smaller moving parts rather than the big mass at the center?
Thanks for the fantastic input, guy that has never shot a gun.

>cop said the guy went for his tazer
>recording showed him walking over to where the tazer was, picking it up, and planting it next to the body to make his story line up

Fuck him. Couldn't give a shit that he shot some porch monkey, but lying and tampering with evidence because he knew he fucked up is more than enough reason to want him gone.

Because this is real life and not the fucking movies

I’ve seen the. video and the nog didn’t deserve b to get shot in the back. The guy was running away because that’s what black people do after a fight or seeing police. The cop was obviously in the wrong.

BUT the punishment is good. If a cop is punished with prison time for shooting a black guy now and then, it gradually chips away at the myth of racism in criminal punishment. I’m always interested to see what sjw’s bitch about when they have less things to bitch about.

>pleaded guilty

What a dumbass, probably would have been fine if he didn't do that. No sane judge would sentence an officer for doing their job.

Hmm good point. Although the taser was stolen by the black guy, the cop's mistake was trying to make the evidence too perfect.

Hate BLM but this copy is guilty

I remember this video. Lock up that cop and throw away the key.

Imagine if the video didn't exist.

>Although the taser was stolen by the black guy

The cop used it on him, dummy.

This is INFURIATING. Slager did nothing wrong. Fuck Eric Holder, fuck Loretta Lynch, fuck the Obama Injustice Department.

President Trump should pardon him. This is a fucking crime.

He plead guilty because the case against him was airtight. He fucked up hard, plain and simple.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=YgBhlQYuJLM

Once dinduism is enshrined into law there's only one future.

he ran from police
also threw the stun gun out of cop's hand
fucking nigger

Then why is it on the ground in the OP pic? The black guy tried to take it in the scuffle and dropped it on the ground.

Then he turned from fight to flight.

Holy shit 20 years! You're average nigger does 7 years for second degree murder. What gives?

BLM didn't win anything. That fucking shrimp dick cop deserves the chamber. He shot someone in the back for running away (over an driver's license) in the name of the state, people, and justice.

I hope his wife and kids get an abusive nigger to call Daddy.

Stealing a weapon from the police is okay guys as long as you're running away and someone catches it on camera you're A-Ok

Haha, cops and bootlickers BTFO.
Day of the doughnut.

you're hurt lol

>Then why is it on the ground in the OP pic?
>mfw

I just told you why it's on the ground. He used it. Why wouldn't it be on the ground? Where do you think it would go, back up his sleeve like he's Neal fucking Mcdonough?

Like, what the fuck do you think cops do with the taser when they use it and it doesn't work? They drop it and draw their gun (or hit the guy, or tackle him, whatever).

The cop even said he used the taser, mate. But it didn't work so he drew and fired. His claim that the black guy got his hands on it (which is why he shot him) was a lie - he might have TRIED to get it, but since the cop used it first, it would have been useless to the black guy anyways.

ah well both parties have been fucked hard in this encounter

It warms my heart that for the most part and despite what many believe /pol is pretty much always on the side of morality regardless of bullshit like race and sex .............

He shouldn't have been running away. Why can't niggers and their white libcuck enablers get that in their heads. DO NOT RUN FROM THE POLICE.
Don't do it.
If you're innocent then fight it in court.
Also don't fight the cops or steal their tasers.

In who's mind is it ever a good idea to attack a cop and live?

A nigger's of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=ym4tE0SQCZY

He shot him in the back as he was running. Sure the guy was fucking nigger and maybe tried to nog out, but you can't take someone's life for no reason.

The fact that there are still people willing to defend this shitbag simply because it was a black guy he shot in the back is the exact reason mainstream America is prepared to listen to BLM despite its black supremacist undertones.

some tasers can fire multiple shots

So long as you're an illegal mexican and kill a white woman?

Welp, I'll make sure to shoot my son in the back when he runs when he knows he's about to get spanked.

youtube.com/watch?v=GA-SII0Ckos

youtube.com/watch?v=HYLLoG8zd74Shit link, this one.

If he's small that's a hard target.

speaking from experience?

>Average nigger nigs and tries to disarm an officer
>Officer gets jailed for twenty years for manslaughter despite the obvious threat
>"b-but he couldn't use it because it was already shot"

All that says is nigger is fucking stupid, doesn't imply the dude is innocent. 'Merican cops can be fat and stupid, but this case just highlights the whole moral bullshit aspect.

in the video you can see there were wires going from the arms of the cop towards the suspect. Why, was he still holding the tasergun while also shooting? or was it because he has been hit by one of the taser projectiles

Shooting to injure is actually against the law and will get you in as much or more trouble.

Finally a Court acknowledged the existance of racism in the police departments.

Where does the family live?
No more softball.
Kill them.

>I hope his wife and kids get an abusive nigger to call Daddy.
What's with americans an the obsession with black people fucking up families. Crikey, ya'll are fucking miserable cunts.

>but you can't take someone's life for no reason.

4:07 - 4:08 you can clearly see (and hear) the taser get smacked out of his hand.

The cop draws his weapon immediately thereafter once things got real. To me, this is nothing more than his training kicking in (escalation of force).

The only thing he did wrong was panic after he realized he shot someone in the back and try to rearrange evidence, IMO.

The guy was running away and was shot in the back. I cringed when I first saw this video.

BLM is for idle faggots, the self-loathing, and those with motives to fuck everyone else over, but this shit is not defensible. This cop ruined his and his family's lives, gave support to a false stereotype, and just cost the taxpayers in his county a shit ton of money in lawsuits. His shit has also endangered his fellow cops.

And "you can only shoot to kill" is a faggot meme.

what time is it over there aussie bro

>shot him in the back
>shot him in the back
>shot him in the back
>shot him in the back
>shot him in the back

The only time I don't see an issue with shooting someone in the back is if they are in your home... even then it's contestable by law.

>attack a cop
>get shot
This is fine

>attack a cop
>don't get shot
>run away
>get shot
This is not fine

To put this in perspective - if it was you or me that had shot the guy (someone without a badge, essentially) we would be in prison by the end of the day. When the other party chooses to run away is the point where you can no longer legally claim self defense. When he retreated, he deescalated the situation, so it is no longer necessary to use force to defend yourself. In this situation specifically, the cop should be held to that standard, same as any of us.

Regardless, the cop is still a fucking scumbag for attempting to lie and cover up his fuck up. I wouldn't want someone like that as police anywhere.

And some don't. The cops explanation was that he drew the taser and fired it. It didn't work. So he dropped it and used his gun (which did work), then claimed that the guy had the taser which is why he shot him. But the idea that the cop drew the taser, fired it, then lost control of it to the black dude, who then dropped it on the ground, ran 10 feet and got shot, is a lot less likely than the what is probably the truth - that the cop panicked and shot the guy, then lied and tampered with evidence to cover his ass.

Committing it while under color of uniform likely.

Wow, 1 cop is a murderer and you go full retard.

haha a shitskin kills a white woman and gets away with it
a week later a white guy shoots a criminal nigger and goes down for 20 years

whites are the niggers in america now lmao, like pottery

for some reason I thought he was sentenced a while ago. I must have just been thinking him getting charged. Either way this is honestly the only one of these recent types of cop v black killings that I think was totally unwarranted. the cop deserved jail time for sure. Wow the justice system does work! someone alert BLM!

>And some don't. The cops explanation was that he drew the taser and fired it. It didn't work. So he dropped it and used his gun (which did work), then claimed that the guy had the taser which is why he shot him. But the idea that the cop drew the taser, fired it, then lost control of it to the black dude, who then dropped it on the ground, ran 10 feet and got shot, is a lot less likely than the what is probably the truth - that the cop panicked and shot the guy, then lied and tampered with evidence to cover his ass.
yes, the cop panicked because he feared for his live.

it looks like a laser projectile actually landed in the arm of the cop. And he might not have realized the gun is on the ground in those 1-2 seconds in which he made the decision to shoot - if the suspect still had the gun, he could paralyze the cop, even if he gets some distance before.

>dropped murder charges
>victory

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS

The nigger fought him. He deserved to get shot.

He shot an unarmed guy. Fuck you OP. He murdered him. They should have hung the cop.

This. Nigs are starting off on near retard IQ levels and so any situation like this puts them over the edge. Nigs are animals who go into a state of fight or flight when in stressful situations and thus lack the self awareness to empathize with the other humans around them. Without an understanding of what the other people may be thinking or trying to do in their situation, the nigger will act with total disregard of the situation he finds himself in and will provoke unintended responses from others with his aggressive behavior, but again because he has no self awareness, he will accept his fate where ever it takes him. This is why killing a nigger like this isn't amoral since he is more akin to a dangerous animal than a fellow human.

he tried to grab the taser. you're no longer unarmed if you take your opponents guns

The guy was running, even if he still had the gun, his objective was to get away, not to cause any more harm.

>The only time I don't see an issue with shooting someone in the back

true, but it's hard to figure that out for certain in such short time. I think the fact that he felt the wires pulling made him fear there was still danger from them

>my backs are in orbit

The only reason this is an issue is because the guy was black. Nobody would be sucking off the Cops if it was an Asian or White guy.

Fleeing felon rules were struck down by the Courts decades ago. This cop unequivocally fucked up bigly.

Take a minute and think about how your reasoning is flawed because you are most certainly wrong that a cop is not justified to kill in that situation. You're so stupid you sound like a liberal to be honest.

>yes, the cop panicked because he feared for his live
And if I panicked and shot him, and then claimed I feared for my life, I would still be in jail.

Having a badge is a responsibility, not a free pass to screw up, lie about it, and walk away.

If he shot him 5 seconds earlier he wouldn't have been charged.
It's a tricky one, not that cut and dry.

everyone is prejudiced in some form, no one is perfect, not even you

BLM won this one?
You're kidding mate.
That was murder

>in such a short time

The cop made it a short time though...

No, the guy wrestled it from the cop and shot him with it then threw it away before running.
It's at the beginning of the video.

He wasn't in clear flight. In a fight this is called closing off the distance. The nigger could have jumped into a tree at any moment and then he'd have the high ground in combat.

if the suspect actually had the taser (cop was not sure of this) he could have hit it any second and then turned on the cop again

>murder charges dropped
>blm winning
AHAHAHAHA

Noguns faggot detected

This is where the law comes in. Illegal to shoot someone in the back.

I say this is a win

One deadbeat career criminal down
One corrupt retarded cop down

Good guys 2 shitheads 0

In this case, yeah, but that's not always true

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule

Not true. The fact the nigger tried to grab his taser and assaulted him is reasonable enough expectation that the nigger poses a serious threat to the officer and others. If the nigger made a CLEAN flee, maybe you'd have a point (although he's still a nigger and will always be a threat to the public).

>kill the slime, serve the time

8 shots in the back of a guy who couldn't hold his pants up to run fast enough that actually dindu nuffin

>Sup Forums will unironically defend this

At least he had a fair trial that's all that matters, even if IMO the system didn't work.

I don't see how the law can expect one to go from fearing for their life to calming the fuck down in the matter of 5 seconds or less. I'd probably have made the same mistake as the cop, desu.

>If he shot him 5 seconds earlier he wouldn't have been charged.
This. Had quick reflexes, but not quick enough. He was already drawing the gun as the taser fell.

>why don't US cops shoot to injure
>"you can only shoot to kill" is a faggot meme
t. noguns

>The only time I don't see an issue with shooting someone in the back is if they are in your home...
Anyone that has engaged in physical combat with you in any way or shape whatsoever is fair game AFAIAC. They don't get to try to kill you and then say "uncle" and run away before they lose

>that actually dindu nuffin
he assaulted and disarmed the cop

even if this wasn't intended out of malice, it was something he did and it cost his life

Gotta side with the niggers after seeing the video
cop could have tazed

Shit lawyer
Should have argued murder only applies to humans.

As far as I'm concerned, the cop did a good deed by killing another useless nigger. He deserves a medal, not prison.

how can anyone defend this cop here? guy shoots an unarmed man that running away from him in the back 20 times? he couldnt just tackle him or use tazer? what the fuck is worng with america

>everyone is prejudiced in some form, no one is perfect, not even you
Except people with William's Syndrome. Look it up, especially in relation to racism. Now on this note, do you remember how fast the left dropped implicit association tests once they realized it implicated them, too?

Nuke California already.

>They don't get to try to kill you and then say "uncle" and run away before they lose

Legally, they do. Like holy shit, can you imagine how people would game the system if it were any other way?

>some guy goes out of his way to verbally provoke you, does everything short of laying hands on you to draw a reaction
>you can't take it anymore and shove him
>he draws a gun
>you run away, he shoots you dead
>walks away scot free because you "engaged in physical combat"

Good thing retards like you don't make the laws, holy shit.

If he was truly a dindu, then why did he not have any papers in his car and tell a whole bunch of shady stories like he "bought it" but didn't really but he was "about to" then flee the vehicle?