Are you a part of your university's anime club?

Are you a part of your university's anime club?

>go to anime clubs first meeting
>we're passing a ball around saying what our favorite anime is
>everyone is saying Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man, and other normie shit
>ball gets to me
>"what's your favorite anime, user?"
>tell them Gakkou Gurashi
>the room goes silent
>"what's that?"
>realize the entire club are normies
>give them a vague one sentence description that a normie would understand
I never went back. Are all anime clubs just normies and normie anime?

tfw I name dropped Kara no Kyoukai

you are the normie

i name dropped rape man
get to my level faggots

No. Most anime clubs are too autistic even for me

You are a "normie" for going to the anime club in the first place.

I bet they don't even have a waifu pillow.

>normie
You need to go back

>university
faggot, i'm already a wage slave, i can't go to that kind of shit

I was until I realized the place was a core of 4 actual knowledgeable fans and a huge number of faggots. Also there were tons of petty power struggles.

Looking back they at least taught me a few things and I kept in touch with some of them, particularly the guy I now use for imports.

>not wicked city

...Can someone explain why OPM is still a thing? It's like a bad joke that just continues without end.

my university animu club died due to lack of maintainance by the lazy neckbeards that used to run it

Haha just start an office anime club

Was.
>Put on DMC.
>They fucking marathon the whole show right then and there.
It was pretty "meh"

There actually is one at my company but joining it would be career suicide.

There're no clubs in my country's schools, sadly.
Teachers and secretaries handle literally everything, students have very little decisional power.
The faster they go home after school, the better it is for the school.
The Go Home club is the only club.

No there isn't, why do you feel the need to lie just because you're anonymous. Rude.

>Are all anime clubs just normies and normie anime?
Yes.

I joined the anime club at my uni to get access to their projector and other "you're in a club" perks. Would torrent and play every week's worth of episodes every Wednesday because it was the only day someone wasn't marathoning Gurren Lagann or Cowboy Bebop in the room.

Got a lot of shit for playing anything remotely Ecchi, but eventually got a cult following of the pastiest of the pasty. No one would say a fucking word to each other, we'd just all sit and watch. Junior year a football player came and asked me to hold his favorite series for last so he could make it, and he seemed relatively normal.

>>>/blogspot/
Fuck off, cancerous newfag pieces of shit.

are anime clubs really that bad?
my school has an anime night and I was thinking trying it out.

But the go home club is the best club

Yes. They really bring out the worst in people.

>Sup Forums is now full of anime club faggots
what went wrong?

Recent enough that it's still able to be found on NA streaming services. Good, colorful art, fun action and jokes. Normals like action anime that skips the TITTIES AND PANTSU.

I was president of my uni's anime club. I always tried to show a variety of new and old, niche and mainstream. I still have the list of shows we screened

Fall 2007:
-Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
-Sayonara, Zetsubo Sensei (Goodbye, Despair-sensei)
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Hayate No Gotoku (Hayate the combat butler)
-Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo)
-Monster
-Hajime no Ippo
-BECK
-Suicide Club (live action)
-Bokurano
-Full Metal Panic
-D.Gray-Man
-Pretty Cure
-Silent Mobius
-Golden Boy

Check'em

I love seeing enraged neckbeards at work. Keep posting.

Sup Forums isn't your or their blog.

>No Boku no Pico

Newfag

>fun action and jokes

so the value is in the comedy, I can live with that.

Had an anime club at my highschool for a few months
The teacher who hosted it was a substitute for our real teacher who was on maternity leave. He was a really cool guy and had pretty good taste.
>First meeting we decide what to watch.
>Teacher says principal won't really let us watch violent or super lewd shit, but I honestly think it didn't matter.
>To start us off we watch love chunibyo & other delusions. Most people were normies and we watched it for that reason.
>Literally only 6 people from the original 20 show up to the next few meetings, we finish show and all agree it was pretty meh and decide to choose another.
When we actually discussed it was me and one other guy with the teacher as no one else would say anything and the other people that would occasionally just appear wouldn't even watch the material.
>We decide to pick our next show.
>I suggest mushi-shi and everyone starts giving these moe-blob shows and rwby came up at some point.
>We finally decide to watch Your Lie In April next.
I had tried to watch that show previously but got bored and dropped it

I think that was the point of that user's post.

How do you people manage watch anime in groups? if I miss a single frame I get an autism fit, I cannot even imagine watching with other people (who are most likely normalfags who haven't watched anything other than licensed mainstream crap like OP or NS), while spilling spaghetti trying to answer their jokes or random chatter. I'd go nuts within a week and run away, never coming back.

the only anime club i go to is my college's cafe

cont.
>We meet for the next three weeks discussion the show and such with me and the teacher being the only ones who really talk.
>It's pretty good time talking and discussing with the teacher as it basically becomes a three man club with a few people just sitting there.
>Finish show and talk about it.
I really liked the show for a while except for a few aspects, but man did that ending suck.
>We agree that the show was pretty good but the ending was really blah.
And that was our last meeting. The substitute left, but was supposed to come back as another teacher went on maternity leave, but the kids in my class which was pre-calc at the time said he was bad and they didn't take him for the job.
He subbed a few times after but I haven't seen him in a while. Felt pretty sad after he left because I enjoyed the weeb club and missed actual discussions about anime beside my one friend who only likes moe blob trash. If your out there teacher bro I miss you. :(

>Toromaru the Animation if your favorite anime
What the fuck is wrong with you, user?

You're supposed to say Angel's Egg you dumbass.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think people were really aware of Boku no Pico until 2008

But user, that's exactly why you should just go to /r9k/. That board is basically full of enraged neckbeards licking each others' wounds.

Kinda funny how shit like rec threads get spammed by dubs but blog garbage threads like these don't. Really makes you think.

Reminder to report and sage.

>There actually is one at my company

I was being facetious, don't tell me there is ACTUALLY a group of grown adults in a real-life firm who have banded together to talk about pleb level chinese cartoons in their own free time. Please tell me you are being facetious as well, I really just can't even. My college has one but I wouldn't even touch it with a ten foot pole.

>Anime club
Sounds like a waste of bread and chicken if you ask me. Why put anime on your club instead of lettuce or bacon or something? Fucking stupid.

You should know better, fools.

Delete this thread.

Fuck off and kill yourself.

here

It's a pretty big company. There's also a group for tax planning and accounting.

My roommates all go to our universities.

They never invited me

>777

>roommates all go to our universities
What?

I'm part of japanese language and culture society, which is a thinly veiled weeboo's club

In every meetings/gaythering ever
>that one creepy dude with anime jackets, spiked hair and backpacks full of anime pins and keychains
>that one creepy girl with lolita dress, holding that equally lolita dolls like her baby
>there's also another guy with that lolita dolls
>few cosplayers, some of them pulled it off splendidly; other, not so much
>fat kids wearing their waifu t-shirts (mostly latinos and black dudes)
>people wearing their yukatas and hakamas.
To their defence, I think it's way less creepy (appropriate, even) to don japan traditional attire than to go full retard with anime-themed sweaters and t-shirts.
>mostly guys (and girls) who wanted to learn japanese language because they want to read them untranslated manga (or in my case, untranslated hentai)

The last prez did plenty of constructive stuff like arranging tours to funimation studio, getting real nipponjin to talk about living in japan and even arranged tours to japan.

Sadly that senpai already graduated and current prez is full blown fanboi who keeps shilling his fav anime

I'm guessing the ESL faggot mixed up "universities" and "univiersity's"

No, there isn't one here, thank fuck.

But I did go to my High School anime club.

It was basically the same as what you would think. A core of about three or four really good dudes who know what the fuck they're talking about, a bunch of shonen only fags, talkers, people who only went to play on their 3DS' and Smash, and a leadership consisting of insecure jackasses and power struggles who thought the best shit to show people to get them into anime was Princess TuTu, Bakemonogatari and Serial Experiments: Lain.

I made some good friends who're still friends even now, but also became a friend with the club leader, who was only pretending to be friends with me to get shit at conventions.

Fuck that asshole, he took my copy of Baccano saying "I'll totally give it back, but we need it to show it to the club," then kept it for his own personal collection after guilting me into buying him a cat collar. Worst fucking thing ever.

Is there a Black culture club and an LGBT club too?

>Gurren Lagann or Cowboy Bebop
>normie-tier
when did this happen?

I didn't think properly when I typed that. I just kinda looked at it and went "yeah that looks good."

My roommates all go to our university's (club).
Never invited me.

At my old university, I went to an anime club once with my friend. We liked anime, but neither of us were spergy as fuck. I remember her saying something about how if it got too weird we would fuck off and leave. the club president is a cool dude and we still talk, but the amount of concentrated autism that was there was absolutely mind boggling. I think we watched spice and wolf and something else. I never went back.

I don't think I like people who like anime.

anime has always been a medium for normalfags

>then kept it for his own personal collection after guilting me into buying him a cat collar

Jesus, how beta were you?

Yes. There are more employees than an average university so there are actually quite a lot of random clubs, obviously including "diversity" ones since it's based in the SJW hub of the country.

College clubs are expensive.

I used to think college clubs were free just like my highschool clubs.

That idea flew out of my head when I saw how expensive judo uniforms were in college, basically any sport club cost a lot of money and financial aid isn't going to cover that shit.

That was when my Olympic dreams died so I just went back to my dorm to watch anime and read manga, instead.

So how's Google been treating you, moot?

What kind of place do you work at?

>normie normie normie
You are the cancer.

THE FUCKING WORST.

If you faggots ever get a kid, try not to move when they're in middle school twice. It'll take them a while to learn how to be normal and make friends again, and it takes a fuckton to rebuild that.

I managed to get better once I got to Senior Year and realized what a real friend is like, but I was fucking bottom bitch beta from 8th grade to half of 11th.

No, I don't. A lot of the people who go to these clubs are degenerates who I wouldn't want to be seen in public with, much less be around.

I watch anime alone, and I enjoy it alone. That's how its always been.

I never moved and I still never made any friends

>all this unironic blogging
It's not even the weekend, jesus christ Sup Forums has gotten bad.

I think it depends on the university. I went to a D&D thing last semester and just hung around, and it was free.

I'd like to join a music club because I stopped playing when I moved to my new university, but I couldn't be bothered to practice enough for an audition

W-were you a cute 8th grade bottom bitchboi?

>anime club thread
>anime convention thread
This isn't a very good joke, mods.

>worked hard in high school to build a large friend base
>watched anime in secret that entire time
>started hearing all these things about how being yourself is the way to go
>decide to show all my friends anime during the next party
>put in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
>one other guy really seemed to be enjoying it but nobody else really said much. everybody else started leaving earlier than usual
>fast forward a couple weeks. haven't heard from anybody. nobody really answers my calls anymore

I'd love to go to an anime club to secretly laugh at inferior beings like I do on Sup Forums. Too bad there were no clubs in college.

Meh, It'll get deleted eventually, might as well take place in the blogging festivities while it lasts.

Fuck no, that shit takes a toll on the body, too. Only started getting better on that front in college.

Where is the loli poster? There's like four of thes garbage threads up.

Worst tripfag

You are hounto ni baka desu ne?

No but really friends are useless anyway.

Oh fuck off it's not like they're going to leave it till it reaches 500

These fucks always delete it right as I try out my post. And then I have to go post my input on the topic in ghost.

Oh yes what ever would we do without everythread being full of recycled ecchi shitposts

If making friends is work for you, they're probably not people who were meant to be your friends.

>the only alternative to ecchi shitposting is superior blogposting
Gas yourself cancer.

baka tte iu na
I just made a mistake. the moral of the story is never reveal your power level. ever.

>Unbearable stench of body odor
>Palpable autism
>Only watched seasonal shows on a delay
I made that mistake once, and only once.

I joined one

While everyone else was watching Shugo Chara, Hell girl, or Vampire Knight, I sat in the back and played Baccano, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop on my laptop for the others who weren't interested in what was on the projector

I feel you, I've made the same mistake before. I once made my friends in highschool sit through the first two or so episodes of Sailor Moon. Needless to say they aren't my friends anymore. It's a good litmus test though, I mean if you get triggered by some dumb cartoons then you're probably a shitty person, although I don't ever want to actually do that test again.

>anime
>at a party
that's the worst way to go, user, you go to get drunk as fuck, not to watch a show, a comfy thursday night with just your closest friends is a lot better, not to a large group

yeah I've learned the only true friends in the world are the people who have no face.

>fujoshi anime club
sounds like hell on earth

Oh god freshman year of high school

>There's a fairly functional anime club at our public library
>This kid still decides to try and start one at our high school and invites me
>Go to four meetings
>The first meeting is kinda promising, we discuss future anime to watch and club plans
>The next three meetings are literally all the autistic kids in the school dicking around playing Monopoly and drinking Sunny D
>I finally ask "Are we ever going to watch anime in here?"
>Feel the fucking AOL dialup tones coming from the guy's head

This thread gives me depression but I can't leave.
Help.

Why is this fucking thread still up? What the fuck is this shit?

Where did you normalfags come from?

I was always extremely jealous of the music majors in college.

I hated my classes so whenever I saw those music majors carrying instrument cases and checking out their exam rooms that had pianos and stuff, it made me regret my parents didn't force me to take music lessons as soon as I turned like 7 or 8 years old.

I know competition is fierce though for an actual musician job in like an orchestra but damn, did those music majors look so happy everyday.

Meanwhile, I never saw a happy engineering major in my college especially during Finals Week.

As for me, my major wasn't enjoyable either so I started emphasizing with the NEETs on Sup Forums whenever they posted, wishing I was a NEET, too.

Neo-Sup Forums is a real thing.

What a hero, he even backed up his Pokemon knowledge when /vp/ called him out.

>implying loli isn't normalfag-tier now

Took your time

>>>/wiz/
Lonely NEET neckbeard virgins are an afterthought, this place never belonged to you.

actally, my best friend in high school use to told me to kill myself very often, wouldn't be surprised if the fucker posts in Sup Forums or something, he is big vidya addict.

Serious question.

Why are you people legit blogging on Sup Forums?

Neo-Sup Forums will defend this post.