Post Net Nutrality take down

I'm genuinely interested in how we are going to retaliate against the FCC, comcast, Atnt and Verizon if NN gets repealed.

Share ideas. I want to hear them.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/fcc-head-proposes-abandoning-obama-era-net-neutrality-rules
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_Act_of_1996
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_antitrust_law
ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/enforcers
ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/1054963/ohlhausen_cotechjournal.pdf
apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-347927A1.pdf
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/21/the-fcc-has-unveiled-its-plan-to-rollback-its-net-neutrality-rules/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_the_Bell_System
washingtonexaminer.com/soros-ford-foundation-shovel-196-million-to-net-neutrality-groups-staff-to-white-house/article/2560702
mashable.com/2017/07/12/tech-companies-visual-fight-for-net-neutrality/#ceRAB2oClaqR
abcnews.go.com/Technology/fcc-stonewalling-probe-massive-scheme-involving-fake-net/story?id=51332865
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/fake-views-444-938-russian-emails-among-suspect-comments-to-fcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Loser nobody here support services nn. It's like Obama care Internet.

Stop being retarded

NN is a god damn meme. Everything was fine before it, everything's gonna be fine after it.

Oh look, it's yet another Soros-sponsored net neutrality "you goyim are my personal army" thread. At least they stopped using Pai pics and physically threatening US government officials.

Oh, you Netflix is slow? There is the streaming package for $20. On top on the $12 for Netflix.

You think you COULD GET AWAY DID YOU.

>How are we going to retaliate against companies before they do anything bad

What are we, ANTIFA?

OP is.

Also, fuck NN.

Daily reminder that Google, Facebook, Youtube, Netflix and George Soros lobbied furiously to KEEP NN.

>before it
You are powerfully dumb.

Hello Comcast

Oh yea well YOUR FACE!!!!

>I'm genuinely interested in how we are going to retaliate against the FCC
>if NN gets repealed.

>NN gets repealed.
That's like saying "gun control gets repealed", vague.

Has anyone else actually looked at the legislation? The 2015 rules were far reaching with good and bad parts. If you take a definite side on the issue, you're probably ignorant of all the details.

Netflix colocates their little streaming boxes at your local cable company. NN has no effect on Netflix whatsoever. They get "priority" by virtue of the fact that 99% of Netflix traffic stays local.

NN has literally only been around since 2015. Non-NN is the normal state of the internet.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/fcc-head-proposes-abandoning-obama-era-net-neutrality-rules

>thoughts shared

Pre-NN is why NN was put in to effect in the first place. Comcast throttled Netflix before 2015 NN laws were put into effect.

Its baffling that ISPs claim they will be fair when that line has already been crossed.

It's not if it will be repealed. Comcast scum and the like have lots of money. Lots of money equals power with in our corrupt government. The FCC chairmen is a shitskin and a former Verizon employee. What can we do? Pay more for less. The jewmurican way.

Sage all American threads
Filter all American threads
up-voted 44%

WE

Bump

Go read a book. I got Netflixlast week and it's pure garbage.

I look at it this way. The absolute magnitude of the shilling by people and entities I don't agree with on anything for it means I know repealing it is in my best interest.

Jesus fucking Christ. Like what?

> Pre-NN ISPs can basically do whatever the market will allow
>NN is about forcing ISPs to shadow subsidize heavy bandwidth users (i.e. netflix) with (((equal))) treatment
>ISPs throttling heavy bandwidth users is NN?
>wat

Nevermind, I misread your post. However I'm now even more baffled.

I don't think you understand the economics or logistics of the situation if you believe that throttling Netflix is "unfair".

fucking kill yourself reddit

Thanking them is what you should be doing. But then again, you have no idea what net neutrality is.

What's going on with NN? Is there are reason there is now shill threads going on? Here dumping my knowledge on it for you leftie shills.

Net neutrality and you. In 2014 “the DC Circuit Court determined in case of Verizon Communications Inc. v. Federal Communications Commission that the FCC had no authority to enforce network neutrality rules as long as service providers were not identified as "common carriers". The court agreed that FCC can regulate broadband and may craft more specific rules that stop short of identifying service providers as common carriers.” What does this mean? It means that in order for the FCC to have authority on the internet then ISPs needed to be classified as utilities or Title II from the Communications Act of 1936. In a hasty decision pushed by the Obama Administration they did it in 2015 which is what is commonly referred to as “Net Neutrality” now. That granted the FCC the ability to govern over ISPs.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States

2.) The Good: Because of that ruling the FCC could continue to rule against unfair practices being pushed by ISP. But prior to 2015 the FCC used the Communications Act of 1996 to rule over unfair business practices that ISPs tried to do (yes before Net Neutrality ISPs did in fact try to price gouge and throttle people). The Communications Act of 1996: ”the goal of the law was to "let anyone enter any communications business -- to let any communications business compete in any market against any other." That sounds familiar right? It very much so had the premise of basic antitrust laws and the FCC used that to rule that throttling people created an unfair advantage in the market that others could not compete with the bigger companies. So Net Neutrality is a band aid to continue to stop ISPs, which of course is a good thing.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_Act_of_1996

3.) The Bad: Because of that same ruling, in 2015 they made internet services a utility the FTC has no authority over ISPs. What does the FTC do? They create basic civil antitrust laws that they enforce upon industries in which they feel as though they are acting as monopolies. The FTC shares jurisdiction with the DOJ over civil antitrust cases and they work together on them to ensure that businesses do not do break those civil orders. What do those include? Exclusive deals, price discrimination, essential facilities, predatory pricing. Intellectual property, and of course monopolization. With ISPs being Title II that means they fall under the sole jurisdiction of the DOJ. The DOJ only handles criminal cases when it comes to antitrust laws and due to the nature of the internet industry they have not found anything criminal that ISPs are doing and, so they have not been able to break them up and since they are under sole jurisdiction without the FTC they cannot enforce civil antitrust laws. So, what does that mean? ISPs essentially have a monopoly in the industry. Mad at Comcast? Too bad there is nothing that can stop them and with Net Neutrality in place there never will anything stopping them unless they do something illegal for the DOJ.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_antitrust_law

>ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/enforcers

>ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/1054963/ohlhausen_cotechjournal.pdf

4.) What does the FCC want to do? They want to remove the Title II classification of ISPs so that they can go back to pre-2015 style rulings. “But with the 2014 ruling how will they do that??” They plan on letting the FTC handle the decisions using antitrust laws as indicated in the above PDF linked from the FTC. They want to be able to handle it now, remember how I said the Communications Act of 1996 was basically like antitrust? That is how they will do it. “Why didn’t the FTC get involved prior to 2014???” Because the FCC was handling it, and in their report, I linked they state that they had trouble with ISPs due to the natural barriers of entry into the market and since vertical integration is technically not illegal, but it does stifle competition. With Title II being repealed the FCC will lose their ability to micromanage it (which they do not want) but the FTC will be able to handle it which they want to work with them on doing. The decision to make it a Title II in the first place was a rushed band aid that the Obama Administration pushed on and now the FCC thinks it would be best if the FTC handles it with civil antitrust laws which cover the basics that I posted earlier and of course means that Comcast or other ISPS could be shattered into pieces just like Bell.

>apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-347927A1.pdf

>washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/21/the-fcc-has-unveiled-its-plan-to-rollback-its-net-neutrality-rules/

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_the_Bell_System

5.) “Why do ISPs also want it to be repealed then?!” They want it to be repealed because content creators like Netflix and Alphabet industries among other sites use up the most bandwidth and they want to be able to charge those companies more for doing so since they make huge profits at the expense of ISPs. If you know how to calculation ROA or ROE I suggest you do a bit of research and see what Comcasts is compared to Netflix. To put it simply Netflix is more profitable which is why they do not want this to happen at all. ISPs have shareholders and CEOs that care more about short term profits than long term ones. They want it to be repealed and they try to get as much money out of those content creators as they can, but hopefully those basics of antitrust laws stop them which of course would also stop them from price gouging consumers (us).
“Why do Democrats want Net Neutrality to stay??” If it stays than the FCC will have to continue to govern it. It was marked as Title II during the Obama Administration; the head of the FCC is appointed by whichever administration is in charge. If you remember what the FCC did to television and other services, you will know that having the government in charge of the internet is not a good thing at all. It opens the door for censorship and other fun things that liberal websites love to do. Kind of like how YouTube demonetized “controversial” videos, even better how Google and Facebook are determining what is “fake” or not, and of course we all know how Twitter loves to act. Having the FCC be in charge of governing the internet should be scary even for Democrats but of course they are hopeful that they will take back over which means they would have full control over the internet once more. But if it is repealed then they will not be able to do that.

you are literally worthless. did you know that?

6.) “But everyone is on the side of Net Neutrality how could it be a bad thing? It’s neutral!” Be wary of what you see, there is a massive pro-Net Neutrality campaign going on all over sites like Sup Forums that has been payed for by Soros and tech companies who obviously have their own goals in mind. Many people are very low information and support it because it sounds good in nature and did work as a band aid but the real solution is to have the FTC handle it. Do not let the fear mongering get to you, I made all this to hopefully help inform people as to what is going on.

>washingtonexaminer.com/soros-ford-foundation-shovel-196-million-to-net-neutrality-groups-staff-to-white-house/article/2560702

>mashable.com/2017/07/12/tech-companies-visual-fight-for-net-neutrality/#ceRAB2oClaqR

7.) “You’re a paid shill from the FCC!” If that’s what you want to say to not read anything of what I said, go ahead and believe that but I am not. “Why do you care so much about being against Net Neutrality then???” To put it simply, I got incredibly pissed off at all this shilling here with low information posts and the same fear mongering repeatedly. When I get pissed I fight back. I was completely neutral on net neutrality and decided to research both sides of the issue and in my own accord decided I agree with the FCCs decision. I am making this post because I am tired of going through the same arguments repeatedly and I hope that this can help anyone out.

>abcnews.go.com/Technology/fcc-stonewalling-probe-massive-scheme-involving-fake-net/story?id=51332865

By the way this one is my favorite so far. I’ve seen it come up a few times, but a Democratic Attorney says that the FCC is paying fake comments that are against net neutrality from an investigation where it was fake people making the same or similar comments. Which of course is most likely entirely true, but they commented the "so-called investigation is nothing more than a transparent attempt by a partisan supporter of the Obama administration's heavy-handed internet regulations to gain publicity for himself." So the Attorney General was denied the ability to investigate that the FCC themselves made those comments so he is using it as “proof” that the FCC is paying for comments. Sorry fellas but I am not being paid for by the FCC lol, I’ve had that come up a few times which really boggles my mind especially since I’ve seen tons of posts hating on the FCC yet if Net Neutrality stays they will oversee it still. I really don’t get the reasoning behind that liberal view but oh well.

fucking kill yourself reddit

How about you read the fucking bill itself you double nigger instead of getting your information from (((msm)))?

They are legally allowed to throttle under Obama's "net neutrality" law. It's also classifies telecoms as title 2, meaning it's impossible to trust bust them.

We aren't.

Please gas yourself.

BONUS: Typing this up myself since it was new and relates to the shills.

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/fake-views-444-938-russian-emails-among-suspect-comments-to-fcc

At the time I wrote all that up I actually thought the bot posts on the FCC comments were all anti-NN but apparently they were actually more so pro-NN and included Russia. Shills were using that to say that the FCC bribed people lol.

>eu has net neutrality rules
>Moortugaul ignores it anyways.
>see pic

enjoy getting nickled and dimed to death on your internet and phone bills.

Easier to read format for all you faggots who still think NN is a good thing or for anyone who wants to learn more to argue better on the issue.

You're and idiot please kill you're selve