What are child temper tantrums a sign of? Autism...

What are child temper tantrums a sign of? Autism? I had bad child temper tantrums where my entire face would turn purple or I'd pass out. My whole family would scream at me to "BREATH!!!"

Are there any genetic markers, where temper tantrums would be indicative of? I mostly have Northern and Central European ancestry

I'm afraid this trait might pass down to one of my children.

Did any of you have bad child temper tantrums? I don't know how I'd handle it if my kid is as bad as I was

It is a sign that his parents are fucking pussy. Just beat him for that behavior and i guarantee he won't do it again.

I would never hit a child

except you OP. I would've spanked you like a fucking monkey in a cage. Screaming til you can't breathe? That's strong evidence for either autism or retardation.

I would cry sometimes when I didn’t get my way but that was it. I never yelled or flailed about or anything like that. I’m not an emotional person. If you have children then they’re probably gonna be exactly as difficult as you were

most children just have tantrums. but you have autism.

It's a desperate cry for more discipline
Get routines going as soon as their brains are able to function.
Let your wife nurture them. Your job is to build in them traits like justice, respect, discipline and willpower.

traumatic child abuse event at early stage of development

My dad is basically a real life Red Foreman, so I never got away with that kind of shit. More kids need to be raised the way I was.

Your dad sounds like a faggot.

No offense, but that kind of redneck "big daddy" authority looks homosexual to any outside observer. did you suck him off too?

Parents gave into your will one too many times, then you knew if you kept screaming you'd get your way
Don't let your kid get what they want if they scream over it. Stand your ground, and make sure they know that they are not in charge. Punish them, or increase the magnitude if they are screaming to avoid some punishment. Make tgem associating screaming with negative stimuli, not success, and they will stop.

What happens when you beat the kid and he still doesn't stop? What happens when you try to kill him and he still won't stop? Well, that's because

Damn this thread has shown me how fucked up my family is.

>implying force is the only method of punishment
don't have kids

My parents only ever sent my to my room with nothing to do, and that worked out alright

I'm more of a naturist who believes more in nature than nurture. I had the genes for this.

>My whole family would scream at me to "BREATH!!!"
And there is your answer. You got attention while doing what you wanted to. You showed them.

I was sent to my bedroom for most shit I did, my parents had a separate room with all my toys and in my bedroom was just a bed and a desk for homework

If we were out, then one of my parents would take me somewhere away from everything and say nothing to me until I calmed down

Both seemed effective enough. Attention starvation is the most reliable method it seems

Although, if I swore it was washing my mouth out with soap, and I fucking promise you that didn't work. Might be a better way

>I'm more of a naturist who believes more in nature than nurture. I had the genes for this.
We are creatures of nature, to be sure, but all children throw some level of tantrums at a stage in early development. To continue to later stages or increase in magnitude is likely to be behavioural

You suffered from being a little bitch. It can be brought on by having a little bitch father who never told you to quit you shit. Quit it. Kids who don't quit their shit get smacked. Then they learn. You never learned.

Some amount of tantrums is usually unavoidable, just part of the psychology of a child. Basically they figure out they can influence their environment but also don't know how to communicate properly, and all their pent up shit just gets unleashed in autism and rage. You don't want to be inconsistent and give into them sometimes and try to be tough others - that just confuses the child and I see parents struggle with this a lot. It's hard not to become stressed and emotional and just want the thing to stop, I can't really imagine what it's like to have a kid, but you should try and stay calm and think about the long-term effects of you're own behaviour on teh child.

Mental illness, mental disability and brain damage are associated with increased tantrums too. But are you autistic OP? I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on that one symptom, if you're concerned maybe ask a professional about it or something. Your kid wouldn't have a single-symptom manifestation of autism, and he's not necessarily going to have your temperament either.

Corporal punishment increases compliance in the short-term but decreases it steadily in the long-term. Notice most spanking shills speak mostly with emotionally charged rhetoric. Brainlet behaviour.

My mother was the disciplinarian in my family. They had 4 kids. I was the only one to have temper tantrums

I wouldn't rule out demonic possession

I've been tested for autism a couple of times by psychologists. Not autistic, but I took an MMPI (personality test) and the psychologist guessed that I had Schizoid personality disorder. I also was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder at 21.

>Americans
Even if you really believe it I wouldn't get worked up over it. Just get a Catholic priest to look at your child they do that shit all the time lol. Unironically, the priest will bless you, get you a psych evaluation and then do the exorcism if he actually thinks you're possessed.

Interesting user. I don't know enough to comment. Psychiatric disorders tend to run in families - usually not directly - but I wouldn't rule out having children because of that fact. I also don't know enough about Schizoid personality or Bipolar to tell you whether the tantrums could be related to your genes or the conditions' onset or whatever.

I was the first in my family to go to a psychiatric ward. Also was the first one in my family to heavily abuse narcotics. That's what really led to my "bipolar disorder". No recorded mental illness