Why is this manga so shit and why do people read such shit?

Why is this manga so shit and why do people read such shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/152333567/#152333567
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It makes them feel euphoric.

Pretty good desu

The manga is quite the CIRCUS.

>Tokyo Ghoul
>Shit

its bretty gud mango user

Cause he jumps on a fucking train in the latest chapter.

you will find the same shit posters who will say the opposite since they are in denial and they are fat and from leddit. Not Sup Forumstheists though since Sup Forumstheist really just care about watching shows then dickridding them. I bet they are the same retards that defend ducklips the anime.

yes shit. Dropped this shitty series immediately after mangaka's obnoxious shit writing

>Why is this manga so shit
Ishida is a hack
>why do people read such shit?
No exit

The first series was good, but the second series became an absolute clusterfuck. It's like what happened with D.Gray Man. Are nips incapable of writing gothic manga for extended periods of time?

The first part was good. I'm here for the memes with the second part, I simply have followed it for too long.

Because we all secretly love best boy

>why do people read such shit?

Cons
- the anime
- characters way too edgy
- really bad world building, basic things are not explained properly
- just focuses on showing edgy characters in edgy situations saying edgy one-liners that are probably a version of "I will kill you now"
- author desperately tries to make you feel something for the characters but it's too much
- fandom full of 12 year old emos

Pros
- Touka
- great art style
- some good plot elements
- Tsukiyama

I used to read it because the art.
I also love the anime eds because the music and art.
Everything feels chill as fuck.

>Pros
>Touka
Opinion discarded.

At least the females look fuckable.

>Being a Toucuck

Because from the very start I saw myself in Kaneki and now want to know how everything will end. Also, overall plot is quite entertaining, good characters and the universe itself is really interesting. Definitely best "superpowers" I ever seen, that are fun, not overpowerd and come with a price. Bonus good artstyle and shitposting

It has its flaws but for a weekly series that almost never takes breaks, its pretty consistently decent.

Probably better than most of the shit you read.

That scene was honestly pretty cool. I wonder if kaneki was actually pressured by those guys or if he just didn't want to take the time to properly fight them.

Part1 was actually pretty good but the sequel is a lackluster. It feels like the plot isn't moving forward at all recently.

So, one meh arc and now the series is shit? The arc after that hasn't even been bad. I don't get why shit like One Piece gets a pass after being consistently mediocre since the time skip with only a few moments of actual good action/adventure?

>It feels like the plot isn't moving forward at all recently.
Kaneki just set up his own organization and the streets of Tokyo are descending into a three way war. What the fuck are you on about?

>the first series was good
It was obvious from the first volumes how childish and edgy this manga was, I've never bothered reading it and people who do obviously have the shittiest taste.

oshiete yo oshiete yo

I cannot tell how many characters are in that image.

You're retarded.

Well I am still reading Tokyo Ghoul, so I guess I can't really deny that.

Can't drop it because Tsukiyamafag.

The first manga series was great. :re is not so great.

I like it for story reasons, but the designs and premise of the series is just something normies flock too. The characters are chic and have that emo fashion going. Plotwise, it's easy to self insert, with the Team v Team aspect of the plot. Hell,Ghouls can't eat anything human except coffee, so the hang around cafes and shit. It's pretty much built for tumblr. Plus there's room for Tarot theories to, why hasn't matpat gotten in on this shit?

I fucking hate that song.

>It was obvious
>I've never read it

Literally retarded.

I looked at the pictures, I've seen the fanbase from the start and then I watched the first episode, it's more than enough.
Cringy garbage for emo manchildren.

Post your favourites, OP.

it's like the perfect weeb bait, literally "mature" naruto

it's the perfect mix of angsty pretty boys, melodrama, shock value scenes, half assed symbolism and fashionable dark esthetics that make tumblrinas and fans of the uchiha clan feel intelligent and sophisticated because they know what a tarot card is

Best girl Hinami and pic related for some reason.

It's just edgy shounen fun, why are you so mad?

BEST MANGA I EVER RED
the only one i read want one with dark themes and emo shit but can't find other than the non ending berserk

>anime
>judging content by skimming with little to no context and by an objective shit fanbase unrelated to the author's story.
>muh meme buzzwords

Yes. And you have demonstrably affirmed you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

It's a garbage action shounen that tries very hard to appeal to emo kids.
You're gonna deny all that?

Yes.

Wew lad.

>really bad world building, basic things are not explained properly
which is ?

the manga isn't necessarily bad but the fanbase are retarded they would start an sjw bullshit over mutsuki gender who is biologically a female

Tokyo ghoul is literally shit

- what do ghouls do in their free time
- can ghouls have babies

Deny what? Having actual exposure to the content, as opposed to blatant shitposting, I know what I am talking about. Up until the previous shitty arc, TG was the farthest from "shounen" where clearly Ishida was pandering to Bleachfags. Ishida told a damn good story with masterful foreshadowing and clever use of psychoanalysis along with engaging characterization. Now that the battle shounen garbage that was Cochlea is over, it's finally picking back up. TG is no masterpiece, but it is not some edgefest faggots like you meme about. Then again, "edgy" on Sup Forums just means there are is no SoL and lolis for you to jackoff to, so I guess it's edge incarnate by your standards

Fuck off. You aren't me.

Touka is just Sakura but edgier.

Lol at great art style, when its barely better than SNK.

It was good until he got the white hair.

The more manga I read, the more I'm starting to wonder if they should end it at around 8 volumes or so.

I used to think manga/anime was superior to cartoons because American channels abruptly cancelled shows and reran them to infinity but Japs are just as bad with how much they milk their shows as well.

The Qs arent the same ever since Sharky died, they just feel like filler characters.

This recent topic:
desuarchive.org/a/thread/152333567/#152333567
is quite relavant to the "discussion" going on here.

have you not read the manga they address the baby part.

Oh boy I'm laughin.

You read it right, boys, apparently now TG is on par with Freud according to TGfags.

This retardation gotta be on par with Typemoonfags'.

Nah they believe TG is the best Seinen in the history of the industry.

>Sup Forums loved it until the last arc in the sequel
I remember when TG originally came out and we called it edgy shit from day 1 and only narutards were reading it.

Which literally never happened. Nice.

was considering rereading it from the beginning, never picked it back up after the saga ended with him dying / losing his memory, does he get it back in RE? kinda influences my decision

Weren't you like still on MAL at the time?

Literally No u. Back in 2013/14. No one hated on it like today (which is well deserved though) nor did anyone ever compare it to Naruto. Shill your narrative somewhere else, you'll never fit in.

You're wrong, frend.

No, I'm not. You're just a liar talking nonsense.

>still reading TG/ :re
>can't tell how many characters are in that picture

It stinked from the beginning.

How many more times are we gonna have this thread until you realize that you aren't 1) getting a sufficient answer 2) convince anybody of your opinion

For you. Don't project your anxieties on what actually happened and invent shit.

>called it edgy
true but Sup Forums calling anything edgy loses its meaning after a while

>changing the argument
nice

Looks like you got talked into a corner huh

Re is a mistake

For everyone.
>>changing the argument
Where did that happen?
>corner
You mean your mom's workplace?

>gets called out for making shit up
>y-your moms
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Ishida actually does make good use of Freud and Jung psychology in the story, especially in its subtlety. But I'm sure you'll jump on the bandwagon and go all >hurrdurr pretentious le tryhard XD
which is the obligatory "response" on Sup Forums despite not actually being familiar with the manga. It's just a tool for storytelling. No one with a brain thinks Ishida is some literary genius.

TGfag here. Speak for your fucking self. It's great and among the best selling seinen in Japan, but not a damn soul here or in that thread thinks its godtier writing and worships it like your retarded post seems to suggest. That's where reddit comes in, where Ishida can shit on paper and they will find "symbolism" in the shit smears.

the argument was that everyone and their mother called TG edgy in the beginning and that only narutards were reading it.
then you said it stinked from the beginning which is subjective.

lmao

But your mom doesn't accept clients under the age of 18 and I felt lonely while I was in the corner where you guys left me.
One thing doesn't contradict the other.

Are you unironically crying right now?

didnt say it did, just said you changed the argument

>One thing doesn't contradict the other.
Actually it contradicts the discussion flow.

>Say X
>People say no Y was the case
>Yeah, but Z anyway
You basically admitted that you lied.

Justin Bieber has also made a good chunk of $$$$$ in his career, does that mean he was talented?

Retard of the thread.

Not him, but why are you trying to keep up this lie? Before the anime (when faggots started posting EDGE like mantra) TG discussions were fucking dead and not many talked about it. Especially with THS taking forever and kawa skipping around chapters (later dropping it.) Anons had to step in and finish up. This manga received no recognition from Sup Forums in mass until the anime. And with that, we had an onslaught of faggots spamming "edge" from a clip of the anime and only then once it was popular did faggots start the nardo shit comparisons.

Well he can sing. And is a singer. Making bad music doesn't mean that he sings bad.

Why are you quoting me? I *explicitly* said Ishida's writing isn't perfect. Did you just read one line out of that post and went off on it? Or are you clinically retarded?

>butthurt blind fan who quotes thousands of posts of the thread
They're one and the same, it stinked and people kept away from it.
Yeah, his mom's didn't satisfy me as I hoped.
Nope, TG was always considered emo kiddie shit. I don't care if more people came to call it out after the anime, never talked about that.

I won't even read this post, the way it looks is enough. Kill yourself, butthurt cancer.

That was cool
Are spoilers out?

>They're one and the same, it stinked and people kept away from it.
>changing the argument, again
>this thread shows otherwise
im done. I'll let the crows pick your corpse

>Nope, TG was always considered emo kiddie shit.
>Baby user has to keep pulling shit out of ass to maintain his image.
We all know you're full of shit. Time to give up on trying to fit in. It's okay if you don't like Tokyo Ghoul, but trying to lie and pretend Sup Forums was your echo chamber only makes you look even more fucking retarded.

autism

I like most of the characters. I like the fights. Some of the arcs are pretty well written. And he can draw asses

The only good thing is the drawing. The plot is predictable and the characters are cliché.

The point is that several proved you wrong already, so its you who doesnt know what youre talking about.

That's the most hateful things about those so call fans.
They destroy a pretty attractive tomboy character.
Even now, there are people out there still use he to describe her because of those "fans" and the wiki they made.

Not just biological, she thinks as female too. I don't know what are those people thinking when time and time again
mutsuki is show to be a girl.

sauce on gif for cringe pl0x

I'm seeing half a dozen people remember how it actually was without rehashing each other against you who keeps repeating his lies who no one believes. Guess, who I trust.

kek based mods.

I enjoyed the first TG, but Re is sorta dragging for me. So many characters, many of whom die without ever doing anything particularly important, several characters hyped to fuck only to job and die aganist random tards. Escalation of kagune powers also sorta annoys me. First series had types, then full body version, second series introduces retarded shaped ones, detachable ones, people with more than one type. I preferred the original thing of some ghouls being simply more skillful/powerful but having the same tools to work with.

Still reading, not mad (most of the time), but feel Re doesn't quite have the appeal the first series did. Going to read to the end either way just to see how it goes. If its good, great. If it's terrible, also great, I love trainwrecks.

>second series introduces retarded shaped ones, detachable ones, people with more than one type. I preferred the original thing of some ghouls being simply more skillful/powerful but having the same tools to work with.
but that's exactly what the second series did, showed you there was more than the conventional way of using the kagune. and honestly this feels like the natural progression of the abilities

> So many characters, many of whom die without ever doing anything particularly important, several characters hyped to fuck only to job and die against random tards.
or people not dying, seriously 2 out of 3 of the kirishimas should have died. feels like ishida has terrible execution when dealing with characters he's hyped up.

>but feel Re doesn't quite have the appeal the first series did.
this is probably just me but I feel like starting this series right after TG was a mistake. should have waited like a couple of years to work on the story while he does something else especially since hes a workaholic, or so ive heard.

spoilers???

>but feel Re doesn't quite have the appeal the first series did
I feel you there. While TG was all about Kanekis transformation into a ghoul and all the implied consequences, :re is about "guess I'm the chosen one" and ghoul world politics, which is a lot more hit or miss mostly a miss
On the other hand, I did like how some supposedly big characters just vanished out of plain sight.