Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/1751/Jikuu_Bouken_Nuumamonjaa
youtube.com/watch?v=2fsryis_2B0
youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0
youtube.com/watch?v=YhGCN-EE8Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=rn34B4XhJ4I
lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are many games with potential storylines fitting an anime structure.

Take Lufia II for example. It even has a fucking perfect mid-season finale

But they will never happen, unless they plan a huge fucking re-release of remastered/ remaked games, merch and shit of that francise

myanimelist.net/anime/1751/Jikuu_Bouken_Nuumamonjaa
It already happened.

it's called dragon ball

You haven't played chrono trigger, right?

>Take Lufia II for example. It even has a fucking perfect mid-season finale
Where would that be? Second Gades fight? Marriage? Dekar's "death"?

>Chrono Trigger anime
>Breath of Fire anime
>Final Fantasy Tactics anime
>Alundra anime

It hurts that these will never happen.

How many people these days are actually familiar with chrono trigger and played it?

>Breath of Fire anime
Which? I think it has to be either III or IV. Probably III because it has a more charming cast.

I like to imagine that each game up until IV would have a season.

>Alundra

Muh Nigga

Breath of Fire S2 is the best

I could never get into Chrono Trigger and an anime adaptation wouldn't have made it any better.

Never my friend, though the ova is fine in terms of references.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fsryis_2B0

Also no Grandia anime.

Golden sun and Radiant historia anime when? Final fantasy VI when?

Not enough. They wouldn't understand it's themes anyway, enough to do anything. But, I also chase kids off my lawn every week.

>>Final Fantasy Tactics anime
>Anime about how escapism is bad.
How shitposted would the threads get?

I was talking about the original FFT for the PSX, but a FFT Advance anime would be good shitposting material indeed.

I don't understand why gaming companies don't dabble in anime of their series. Animes of most nintendo franchises and SE would be quite literally free money. At least we had kirby

>mfw no proper dragon quest anime

Because anime adaptions of games suck 9/10 and you are usually better off just playing the game.

Because animators, much as you'd prefer, are not machines designed to pump out everything you want.

>what is Gungrave

Wild ARMs anime please. Madhouse already did the opening video so they could just do a whole series in this style.

youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0

Did you miss the part about being free money? Anyone working on a Mario or Zelda anime would be quite filthy rich/popular

youtube.com/watch?v=YhGCN-EE8Ms

....it's better as a shared dream, don't you understand user?

That already happened several years ago. If I remember well I whatched it in VHS

Arc the lad ded (resurrected as mobile shit)
Breath of Fire ded (resurrected as mobile shit)
Wild arms ded (resurrected as mobile shit)
Grandia ded
Skies of Arkadia File not found
Suikoden the most dead of all

We live dark times

>tfw no Luca Blight going around telling people to act like pigs

That is why I said 9/10 times.
There are some not shit adaptions like inazuma eleven and persona 4(it was a fun show if you played the game), but those are exceptions rather than the norm.
For every gungrave there are 10 devil survivor 2 the animation.

At least we had a lot of games on most of those franchises(more than 5).

There are some very great call back to good rpg old series out there like I am setsuna, people just have to buckle up and give them a fair try

Valkyrie Profile
>(resurrected as mobile shit)
Welp guess that's the fate of all the old classic jrpg's we used to know and love.

When you think of FFTA before FFT when somebody says Final Fantasy Tactics I learn something about your age and feel bad about mine.

Second Gades fight. Marriage would be start of cour 2, with the kidnapping being end of ep 1

I'm fucking stupid.

was my response to

Golden Sun >>> Chrono Trigger > Breath of Fire > Grandia > Lufia > Final Fantasy
This is a fact.
youtube.com/watch?v=rn34B4XhJ4I
>tfw it took me a whole week to kill this shit for the first time

Wrong Game user

If it makes you feel any better, it came to mind first because I have been playing it recently.

DeSu 1 anime when?
I think it would work way better than DeSu 2 since it is way more plot driven.

I know you're just baiting, but you can't really lump "Final Fantasy" into a single contiguous mass. Final Fantasies range from stupendously excellent to crushingly mediocre. With the exception pseudo-trilogy of IV, V, and VI, each game is fundamentally a different game from the rest, sharing only a legacy and spirit with each other.

When square go broke and a decent japanese company buy the rights to the franchise.

Grandia would be literally AOTY.

Star Ocean too. Well, Star Ocean V was only an average game, anyway.. But I liked it.

Why work on a Mario or a Zelda game if those are already popular and don't need any further anime to advertise them?

The only games that get anime adaptations are those that need more people to get aware of it through an anime.

Nev-

dammit

I'm not that guy, but her answered your question already. The reason to make them would be the profit potential involved. I'm not sure I agree with him if there really is that big a potential for profit though.

>inb4 Yuzu end.

>hoping for an adaptation of a 22 year old RPG

The chances were really vague even when Sup Forums was first created and Chrono Cross was only four years old.

>no TWEWY anime
I'd bet trash like Rabi-ribi will get a full anime before anything with actually good writing.

People vastly overestimate the profitability of anime.

For starters, you'd need to first determine if it's going to be a late-night anime for otaku, which will only be watched by a few thousand people and only bought by a fraction of those viewers, or if it's going to be an anime for normal people from morning to evening, which don't really buy anime discs, and just use the anime as a reference material to tell them that they should expect this and that stuff in the game to the anime.

Was a nice game but was way too short for an RPG

Yes. Now that you mention that one I remember more

Ar tonelico is ded too...and Mana khemia

Now all the fantasy in our lives is isekai LN bullshit

Naoya end or nothing.
Atsuro is acceptable too.

Half baiting, but Golden Sun and specifically speaking Chrono Cross are better than any FF.

I didn't play Golden Sun, but Chrono Cross is a clusterfuck of wasted potential.

I'd rather have a Grandia anime to be honest.

Just because Golden Sun was your first JRPG doesn't make it an untouchable masterpiece. It was actually quite tedious and mediocre, made even worse by having way too much focus on its non-existent story and characters.

>Golden Sun over Chrono Trigger
Nah man, while I like GS, CT is just so much better.

It'll be as shit and even more edgy than the DeSu 2 anime and you know it. Then again, seeing Keisuke's rampage would be hilarious.

I'll just leave this here.

lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/

I hold a deeper respect for Chrono Cross than most, but I would not say it's better than every FF.
But then my favorite FFs are V (Advance) and XII (IZJS).

XII is alright, aside from the retarded license board.

Writing aside, Rabi-Ribi is actually a pretty decent game. Besides, you and I both know it'd sell better in the modern climate.

The story and characters were the worst part of TWEWY. If it were an anime it would be Naruto tier.

>XII is alright
Eh, it's fun to play and all, but it feels too much like a game of grinding and treasure hunting. FF lost sight of itself after X for me.

You can't tell me you don't seriously want
>YOU'RE OUTTA YOUR VECTOR
right user?

International Zodiac Job System version really spices the game up a lot, I think.

He'd be the only good part of it.

Terranigma, my dudes.

>FFIV, CT, and SoM were originally all one game
>get so huge,split apart.

If we're just listing old RPGs then I think Treasure of the Rudra would make a good story.

Maggiekarp was such a strange person I've met on chrono compendium

>Final fantasy tactics

I still remember how shocked and sad i was when i watched the last cutscene post credits. I was like 10 and didn't even know what the hell was going on since my understanding of english was kinda weak at the time.

Fuck Delita

>literally just a /vr/ thread

Ao no Kiseki and Zero no Kiseki anime when?

I just want to see what happens in those games but I'll probably die before XSeed localizes them or get a fan translation

Those'll be longer than One Piece for episode count. God forbid if there's any actual filler they add.

>Delita outmaneuvered everyone and became the most powerful person in the country and ushered in a new era of peace only after backstabbing everyone he knows.
>None of the terrible shit he did comes to light until long, long after it no longer matters

The main theme of FFT seemed to be that being a dick pays off handsomely.

He's waifu and sister died, though. And didn't he die without any heir anyway?

I'm trying to think of solid old-fashioned JRPG franchises that either aren't currently dead, casualized high-budget bullshit like FF or casualized mobile garbage and it's an awfully short list.

No seriously, all I got was DQ and Kiseki, I'm trying to think of others.

full completes of both games are about 40 hours
take out the battles and side quests and you could probably fit it all in a 2 cour

He may have gotten what he wanted, but no way in hell he was happy about it after not only almost getting killed by the one person he wanted to remain close to him despite his disgusting tactics, but he also became the exact thing he despised so much. He probably never found happiness for the rest of his life.

He at least had the decency of not ruining everything with his angst and actually made things overall better while he was in rule.

>tfw now I want to go back and play all of the JRPGs I didn't get around to playing back then
Those things are some serious time sinks, why do you do this to me Sup Forums?

>not talking to every NPC
That alone cuts your playtime by a ton.

>games either changed to suit the times or stopped being made
wow really?
also dq and kiseki both changed AND have mobile games

I'm not sure what you mean, I talked to every NPC
Unless you mean the time can be cut even shorter

>TFW get invested in half the NPC stories
>Go back to talk to all of them after every single major event to check how their stories progress

I didn't think i could care so much about non portrait NPCs.

One of my favorites was the one about the wife that was feeling left out because her retarded husband did nothing but fishing and suddenly she decides to take revenge by fishing too. She vanishes for a long while, husband grows dejected over where she is, and suddenly she's back having spend her time fishing, but she also is apparently super good at it, putting her husband to shame since he was a scrub at it. She also gets a taste for it apparently.

This. I actually tried to force myself to play both GS games, I really did. Got to halfway and just yawned the fuck out and went back to Chrono Trigger.

I'd honestly prefer a remake

>Skies of Arkadia File not found
>Suikoden the most dead of all

>Valkyrie Profile
>resurrected as mobile shit

I hate this shit. I hate it. I want them back.

Dragon Quest is still healthy enough, though. But it still makes the "Enix" part of Square-Enix look like huge cucks with their other IPs

I don't. Unlike plenty of other JRPGs from that era CT aged like fine wine, and is as enjoyable to play now as it was 20 years ago.

Being fair, Valkyrie Anatomia is incredibly advanced for a mobage. I hope it gets localized sometime.

Same here, but I only bothered to play the first game.

Back then, they managed to get complete games out of it.

Nowadays, they create all these lores and long stories only to finish half-baked shit. *cough*FFXV*cough*

Holy shit, I got spoiled. I haven't finished this game yet. Well, Delita still somewhat suffers in the end. Fucking bastard.

You can't really blame the game developers for FFXV's troubled history. It can all be placed on the shoulders of Yoichi Wada, who seemed to be trying his damnedest to crash S-E into the ground between 2009 and 2013. He fired a lot of their elite staff in the middle of various projects and hired complete novices and expected them to put together the pieces that far superior programmers left on the cutting room floor.
The fact that it got completed in the end is basically a miracle, because the entire company was nearing the verge of collapse until YoshiP managed to completely rebuild XIV from the ground up and they started earning money again.

How far are you in?

Live A Live would make a fun anime plus pic related would make people flip their shit.

I can't see it, it's too mired in video game expectations and conventions. I love the game but it can't work as anything but a game.

The different time periods make it already broken into arcs, and they could do foreshadowing about the whole everything is connected shit.

You think Suidoken would work if made into an anime?

>The entire segment of Luca blight's ambush in the forest getting slowly beaten and pierced and cut
>Final stand against the main character 1v1 in horrible shape and near dead and still manages to put up a fight
>Dies while laughing in your face about how your plan is fruitless, bearing ill will and proclaiming himself a monster even in the end not once wavering

It would be fairly dope if they could pull it off i imagine.