The rising of the shield hero

Anyone reading this?
Thoughts on it? I'm really enjoying it.

Stick with the manga.

The Light Novel will only break your spirit

I only read the manga. I have a lot of things to catch up on so I don't really have the time even if I wanted to. How far ahead are the LNs?

Raphtalia makes me rise.

It's finished, but there is a ton of story to tell and even more to illustrate. Hopefully the manga editors will only do the first few story arcs.

Everything else will just make you mad.

Love it, bought the LNs, etc. I'll use this thread in case we get the newest chapter today.

We're at vol 16, the part where Naofumi's shield gets stolen. In the last volume however, dickspears and atlas dies

Lewd

The Shieldbro is among us...

Prepare for attack!

Srsly though, how long will this thread last.

Best grill

Someone staple her ears back to the top of her head!

Thoughts on this bird brain?

Second best daughter.

Now lets talk about this handsome fucker

>Second best daughter

Implying?

Raph is best.

Are we talking straight up rage or suffering?

Isn't that basically turning a blind eye to what actually happens?

You lost me.

Naofumi vs whatever isekai ln protag you read, does he survive?

What are the odds of us getting an anime adaptation?

This or next year. Or never.

Death march got an anime so i have some hopes. But i hope the threads don't end up like shit like all anime adaptations before it in case it does get one

I read all of it except the shield added 7 more sins.
Out of nowhere. It was unnaceptable.

Can any ln reader say which girl wins in the end so I know if I should drop the series or keep going?

Well there should be an answer in vol 16. It'll be out somewhere around next week. Raphtalia won in the WN but she was first wife out of 3+ he probably has who knows how it's gonna be in the LN

But we got a cute raph-chan out of it, we also get to read how naofumi cries himself to sleep while he thinks his daughteru/waifu is dead while hugging tanuki hug pillows.

Dropped some chapters ago. I simply couldn't handle the rage. I don't read manga to get frustated like this.

Well, LN is different from the WN.
And the manga seems to go to the LN Route.
So we don't know yet who will win.

Well you're not gonna like the end of this next chapter. BLOOD SACRIFICE!

So how does the novel ends? I read some spoilers months ago but even those I forgot. I can't picture myself ever coming back to finish this one.

I would read the hero of the Mosin-Nagant.

Does she win?

it ends up as a literal harem. everyone wins except bird brain

[/spoiler]everyone dies and naofumi spends his days living in soul-crushing deppression and denial back in his own world. Ending was later changed to naofumi and raphtalia sent to naofumi's world and eventually getting back to the other world, trancending into a higher plane of existence, and killing the bitch goddess in the process with the oldest trick in the book. They then spend their eternity going to other worlds and killing gods that do the same the bitch goddess did. From this particular ending, the author wrote the spear hero spinoff and we all know how that went.

Only 3 confirmed winners though

i haven't read the spinoff, was it worth it?

Whatever lore and worldbuilding that wasnt in the original is done there. Also it explores some what ifs and a lot of tanuki trauma. I wanna get to the part rifiana lives and see how OP she is

that's everyone if you exclude the bird and for obvious reasons the shield

>and for ovbious reasons, the shield.
Heh. It got what it wanted in the end so i call that a win.

I'll give it a try later today then, i could really use something to read on my phone while waiting for more dungeon defense and release that witch chapters. any good reads i should also check out?

Falling in love with the villainess, my death flags show no sign of Ending, kumo desu ga nani ka, lvl 999 villager, common sense of a duke's daughter and my pet is a holy maiden

thanks, i'll check them all as well

Addd tensei shitara slime datta ken, to that list too

Anyone?

I do.

Still waiting for more Chapter to get translated.

I need my dose of RAGE.

SOON MY FELLOW SHIELDBRO.

Goddamn they're taking so long.

I really want to see that asshole bishop/pope get eaten by that magical bear-trap.

But before that I want that smug smile of his ripped off his face.

OH hey i found it

The light novel gets really, really boring after the first arc. Immediately after the duel with Spear Hero and reconciling with Ranpha, it becomes the most tooth-grindingly boring isekai you've ever seen.

And by that I mean, the standard Moebius loop of level-grinding, trading, and basically being unable to do any wrong. This is why stats aren't meant to be LITERAL in RPGs, people, and why actual fantasy heroes don't level grind.

The extended revenge fantasy of Naofumi ALWAYS being right and everyone else being wrong is really dumb, too. The other heroes are equal to him, but they're useless idiots. Changing the Princess's name to Bitch is also just really petty.

Like, the author went full ham here, at a certain point. It's tedious, but it has to be said that it's no worse than most other mediocre isekai novels.

>The extended revenge fantasy of Naofumi ALWAYS being right and everyone else being wrong is really dumb, too.
Yeah, i kinda find it dumb that the other heroes go full retard while they were sorta ok in the beginning.

>But it has to be said that it's no worse than most other mediocre isekai novels.
Such as?

if its end of the WN Naufumi, he can just ignore everyone, including Saitama.

So when is the manga's next chapter?

Does it have a schedule, or is it sporadic? I only just blasted through the manga up to date a week ago.

> But it has to be said that it's no worse than most other mediocre isekai novels.

Literally any other isekai novel, is what I'm saying.

>everyone dies and naofumi spends his days living in soul-crushing deppression and denial back in his own world.
You're shitting me, right?

That's the actual ending. The other one has Ranpha being inexplicably transported to his world, then the novel ends.

I was looking forward to reading this after finishing the manga but now I'm not sure.

The revised ending has them becoming gods, defeating the final boss, then Naofumi splits his consciousness in multiple ways so he can live happily ever after with MULTIPLE waifus at once. It's the most pandering ending you can imagine, but it's a happy one.

Well, monthly comic flapper (the mag shieldbro is serialized) released every 5th of each month, so anything before then is when the next chapter should be released.

So the saying goes apparently. The changed ending is why we got Spear bro spinoff too. aka Raphtalia's loopy suffering time

Yeah I read about that and that ending is straight up fucking retarded.
Didn't know about the original one though. That one's just depressing.

I think I'd rather have a retardedly happy ending to a story like this instead of an insanely depressing one.

Both are shitty writing.

>Anyone reading this?

you serious or just that new?

How different are the LN and WN? Is that arc where Naofumi goes evil mad scientist in it?

Eh, the bit where they go around trading is pretty nice. It's only once the author resorts to "curses are making Naofumi a retard" in order to stop things from progressing with Raph does the series really go down the shitter.

No wonder it's pandering when the author decided to do that after the fans complained. I'd say the retcon was shitty on purpose if the writing wasn't declining since Tact was introduced or the MC went evil for no reason at all.

A disappointment but what can you do.

im not sure we're getting that one. We're in vol 16, and it's the part where naofumi's shield got stolen and nothing of the sort happened. Even relevant parts like raph-chan got moved to earlier volumes.

here's the cover for vol 16, that's tact.

i cant find a single good translation. Do i just learn moon runes?

Unfortunately, end-kun dropped it and shameless kind of went AWOL. So either that or machine translation.

Pretty good, Raphtalia made me buy the manga.

i kinda wished that bitch got redeemed somehow in the end. Sure her fate is well deserved but still redemption for me was the theme of the story.

Thanks. Guess i learning japanese could be my goal for the year.

I'm pretty sure all of /k/ would like too as well.

it was fun to read and talk about this when yoraikun was translating the WN for us at a insane pace. Shame about the ending really.

You can't really redeem what's fundamentally rotten. I totally did not see that coming though. First it was like, "The bitch is deader than dead with no chance of reincarnation" and then suddenly bitch goddess.

>tumblr nose
c'mon tripfag, youre better than this

>And by that I mean, the standard Moebius loop of level-grinding, trading, and basically being unable to do any wrong. This is why stats aren't meant to be LITERAL in RPGs, people, and why actual fantasy heroes don't level grind.

You also reminded me. This is happening and you'll hate it. read filename

you're right i should commit honorable shieldoku

Both endings were pants-on-head retarded and pissed me off.

Raphtalia is perfect by the way.

im ok with the revised ending. Even has a pet loli ghost.

and legal loli in another world.

he looks like axl low

who that?

The best.

technically she is illegal, she just used magic to forge the documents saying shes legal.

Illegal Loli Tanuki status: CONFIRMED

that ball looks like made by her parents` skin

If she can literally self-insert herself as his millionaire ojou-sama childhood friend she better damn be able to change her physical age nonthing can fix her physical form however

We settled on a black stripes or brown stripes for this tail?

Less black, more brown

Yes.

I wonder, if that's the WN illustration of Raphtalia, where's the illustrations of the others?

Speaking of illegal, remember when Rishia was 14 in the WN? her age got bumped to 17 in the LN. And while her clothes cover it, she's quite stacked. How the fuck does itsuki not tap that until he becomes a potato?

Had to fix something...

Anytime before the 5th of next month. There should be korean scans from weeks ago.

Speaking of her parents, i hope we get some answers about them once we get to vol 13 and 14.

I almost forgot about that turtle...