Moonlight Child

Speculation and theories on this little dude's origins please

Pretty much everywhere I look people are saying these two are one and the same, but that don't sit right with me. So far the moonlight child seems pure and good.

I think the moonlight child is the 'embodiment' of Guts and Caska's untainted child. With the two worlds merging, and fantasies manifesting themselves in corporal forms, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me. .

Why are people so set on him being the demon baby?

Because Casca recognised demon babby as her own

So? They can't both be hers?

I haven't seen any evidence for Casca having two children/twins, not even a hint.

I'm not saying she gave birth do the moonchild, and the limited sphere of his existence is part of my argument. I think he is a manifestation of what could have been

Mix of guts and Griffiths love juice in cascas womb.

yum

I'm pretty sure they're two sides of the same coin. Since the fetus was swallowed up by the Egg apostle and it's body transformed into Griffiths vessel, the pure soul was either pushed out to the astral realm (hence why you see him as he was meant to be), or somehow astro-projecting itself even though two souls are existing in the same body.

>black hair
>long flowing hair
>soul piercing eyes

Yep that's Cascas and Griffiths child.

MIND

BLOWN

>Guts raising another man's child.

Interesting, this is sort of line I was thinking on.

I was trying to think of a way in which the moonlight child could exist untainted by Griffith.
Knowing Miura though, might be too much to hope for :p

She didn't though?

Casca was probably already pregnant by the time Griffith raped her. He looks more like Guts than Griffith too.

>I think he is a manifestation of what could have been

That's pretty much what he is.

As in the demon child got his dream body while Griffith got his physical body.

There's a chapter in the manga where Guts and the group are on the beach after finding the boy.

Miura added a page in that chapter for the volume release which showed Guts looking at a shadow that resembled Zodd.

After that, people began to think the boy and Griffth share the same body.

>Had Griffith not made the deal, he'd have been raising Guts Jr.

Does Griffith not look pure and good too? Did you not realize that the baby was reborn along with Griffith? Casca also instantly recognized him and she does not do act like how she did except to Griffith or demon baby. Demon baby got reborn with Griffith and is a part of him, chances are he projected himself out so he could finally be with his parents as skull knight explained (children want to be with their parents).

He is Guts and Griffith baby, Their two sperms combined in Casca womb to create a super demon baby

This. Griffith knew Casca and Guts had sex thats why he took the oath and raped Casca so his seed could infuse with Guts to create the ultimate superbaby. Since Guts and Griffith can't have a child since they are men but Griffith really wants to he knows The Rape was the only way to fulfill his wish of having a baby with Guts.

It's the child of the demon that Guts fucked in the first chapter. He shot her with his cannon and left her for dead but she survived and now she's gonna sue Guts for child support.

Its weird that we don't see apostle chicks anymore.

It's Wrath :^)

That's a fair point about Griffith, and I tend to agree with you about looks being deceiving.
I do have a bit of evidence to support him being good outside of his looks: He saves the whole group (and not just Caska) from Guts. He tells Guts, "These are not enemies," and helps bring him out of his berserker rage. I just feel like it's out of character for a demon child to save the whole party, if he supposedly only cares about Guts and Caska

Griffith required a body to re-enter and act in the mortal realm. The vessel he used was the demon child. So I thought Griffith's current body, IS the demon child's body. The moonchild can't be the Demon child since Griffith 'is' the demon child. Does that sorta make sense?

I guess it's possible what you guys are saying about him projecting out and whatnot, but there's not really anymore evidence to support that idea as there is to support the idea he is his own separate being.

So based on the presumption that he is his own separate being, I'm trying to figure out what his origin could be.

I think everyone should agree that he's not corporal. So he has to either be a being from the other world, or a projection thingy from Griffith.