Anyone else hate the english dubs for JoJo?

Anyone else hate the english dubs for JoJo?

I love the OVA english dub

It's just the right mixture of hammy, over the top, and legit good.

I meant the new dubs

Didn't even know they did English dubs for Jojo.
I honestly don't even know if they release anime on DVD/BD anymore in the states.

The new dubs from adult swim

Jesus

From a non native english speaker sound horrible

dubs>subs
every time

When I think of Joseph joestar I don't think of number 1 from KND, also Jonathan's voice in the new dubs isn't as gentle as his personality

The numbah 1 voice grew on me, I like it but I can understand why a lot of people don't

You really don't see a 6'5 buff guy with that voice, if anything his voice should be deep as hell

Yes? It's not really a question that needs to be asked at this point.

It's always the same shitty VA's they use, 90% of them are unfitting to the characters and the dialogue is clunky and weird when said in english.

It was a terrible idea to dub it, Jojo just doesn't work in english, or at least, you'd need to have good people who can translate/adapt the dialogue to english without it sounding like trash, as well as actually decent VA's who can manage to sound even remotely genuine to the character.

To quote Terence T D'arby:
"EXACTLY!"

Did Funimation finish dubbing Stardust Crusaders?

Don't know

ON the topic of JoJo, who's your favorite JoBro?

Look, no one ever said Jotaro Kujo was a nice guy.

He beat the shit out of a teacher, who the fuck considers that nice?

Well, "being nice".

If he goes to a restaurant and the food's bad, he makes it a policy to stiff 'em with the bill.

I'd do the same, to be honest.

I imagine a lot of people would, if they were as big as Jotaro was.

My favorite JoBro is Gyro, or Rohan, but I don't think Rohan counts as one.

The italian zipper man

Buccialati, yeah, I can see why.

Yeah Rohan doesn't count, he's Koichi's brojo but Koichi ain't a jojo.

Brojo of part 4 would have to be Okuyasu.

Bruno is the 'zepelli' of part 5, not the brojo, isn't that Mista?

Well, the Zeppeli is usually the Jobro

Bruno had like a comparable amount of screentime just as Giorno and he was the first person Giorno befriended in Part 5 aside from Koichi. So I think he's the brojo.

Also Bruno's a zombie

Also, favorite antagonist?

Yes, at first.

But the voice actors have grown on me, especially Seitz as Dio, he brings it all and has fun with it. NUMBAH 1 Joseph has also grown on me and I HATED it when I first heard it cuz it wasn't based Sugita.

Part 3 VAs sound OK too. I like Batou Old Joseph, it fits him.

I wonder who they will get for Kira and Josuke in Part 4.

>Joseph has an American accent in the part 3 dub
why

There isn't even a contest.

Just kidding, Bruno is a solid second.

Valentine, then a 2-way tie between Kira and Pucci.

If they aren't in your top 3 you're doing it WRONG.

He's lived in New York for like 50 years by that point. You pick up accents depending on how immersed you are in the local language and for that long, I would be surprised if he HADN'T picked up an accent.

It's not completely odd.

It's Brojo, and no Rohan doesn't count since he DESPISES the Main JoJo in his part. He is by far my favorite supporting character, though.

Gyro and Buccellati are my two favorites because they fill the dual-role of friend/equal and mentor for their parts.

i'd personally do Kira > Valentine > Pucci

Kira and Pucci are more fleshed-out character-wise, but Valentine is overall more entertaining and dangerous in my opinion (save Pucci + MiH).

Like I said though, if they aren't in you're top 3 you have objectively shit taste.

i mean its not even a matter of taste at that point, the other villians are just nowhere near as interesting

Jojo newfag here. Who is this cute girl? Is she a main character?

Because he'd lived in America since the end of part 2? What about that isn't logical to you?

Live somewhere for just a couple years and you'll start picking up an accent, never mind fucking several decades.