Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hKi1VlE94A
youtube.com/watch?v=g3SvVpEYr40
youtube.com/watch?v=bv2-MANLmQY
youtube.com/watch?v=2HG5u9QQbRU
youtube.com/watch?v=AXioIvcgNuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This or Galaxy Express 999 on Sci-Fi.

I honestly can't remember, but there's a good chance it was Yu-Gi-Oh. The first anime I marathoned was Ginban Kaleidoscope, although I had been watching several anime on TV before that.

I watched some stuff when I was a kid, went through a "fuck weebs and anything even remotely related to Japan" phase when I was ~14-16, and then I watched pic related and it was all downhill from there.

This, or Digimon

The Sonic, Mega Man and Zelda cartoon series.

Same here, then I discovered Sup Forums and internet fansubs.

Rurouni Kenshin. Good times.

1st one was Sailor moon, but Tenchi got me hooked, then Kare Kano widened horizons

AD Police Files.

JUST WILD BEAT

Manga Nippon Mukashi Banashi
Nintama Rantarou
Doraemon (Galactic Railroad is best movie)
Ojarumaru
Mitsubachi Maaya
The Wonderful Adventures of Nils
Heidi

These were in the VHS my relatives sent over from Japan shortly after I was born. Obviously there were a lot of commercials in between.
>that one where a guy is shoveling down ochazuke in a dark room, breathing heavily as if it's the most delicious thing in the world

Don't remember first actual anime but Nardo was definitely what kick started me into weebdom back in 06-07. Found Onemanga then Sup Forums then the rest is history.

the Mexican dub is really funny

My first anime but what got me into anime was Ranma 1/2

The S2 ending was pretty bad overall, but I especially hate how they left it ambiguous who she got together with because of Davis.

First anime I went out of my way to watch.

Pokemon and Cardcaptor Sakura dubs. After that I transitioned to Toonami, and that was that.

>After that I transitioned to Toonami, and that was that.
So...nothing changed?

My local library carrying this got me into reading manga. I watched some stuff on Toonami beforehand but this and the Shaman king manga are where I got really serious. Started watching anime soon afterwords.

CCS and FMP.

Then pic related made me watched more anime.

Birdy the Mighty. Parents got it from Blockbuster by mistake.

I still rewatch it annually

I'm so sorry. Glad you stuck with it and tried other stuff.

Space Adventure Cobra on a pirate VHS with terrible russian dub.
And I was 8 years old.

This or Madara on some nodub/sub bootleg vhs.

First I ever owned. That and GiTS. Friend gave me his subbed vhs tapes.

Hamtaro

Unfathomable shame

same kek

Sailor Moon my nigga, One of my biggest reasons/inspirations on why I continue to draw animu shit till this day.

kek

I've been watching some anime or other for as long as I can remember, but Bobobo was the first one I ever followed weekly for whatever reason.

Tenchi Muyo
Sailor Moon
Pokemon

Fucking same. I loved that shit. Recorded every episode on my DVR. Shame nobody talks about it anymore.

How many times I fapped to that girl of the Superlibro? Damn, good times.

Funny how I absolutely love its NES game when I was a child, but just recently discover its title and its origin as an anime.

it may be after pokemon but this is when i thought

get in this train and never let go

Pic and probably Kino's Journey were first two. I remember waking up at like 5 am to catch Zoid's episodes. Kinda wanna see how it holds up desu

At the time I didn't even know what anime was. It just stood out as being very well animated, and kind of serious compared to the rest of what I watched.

I have no idea how YTV got away with airing this alongside western cartoons as if nothing was out of place.

They eventually put together a lineup similar to Adult Swim, but shittier in every way. They had InuYasha, Witch Hunter Robin, Gundam SEED, Death Note and one or two others.

Renting Evangelion from the store sealed the deal forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=5hKi1VlE94A

had no idea what anime even was but my friend suggested it to me so I figured why not

i wanted all the lewds

Watched a lot back in the 90s as a kid, but only got into anime for real 2 years ago, so I count pic related as my first. It surely solidified SoL as my favorite genre.

Sadly this

I hate myself

1. Macross(Robotech)
2. Silver Fang
3. Hokuto No Ken
4. Dragon Ball
5. Azumanga Daioh!
6. Went full weeb

first thing i watched was TTGL

the major turning point was strike witches, after which i came to largely disregard anime lacking significant moe-inducing stimulus

To this day Vash is still my favorite moralfag character.

And this, they aired at the same time.

This is literally me aside from the dub anime that shows on tv, digimon savers was the first subbed anime I went to watch on a computer on youtube like 11 or 10 years ago.

Still alive thanks to this.

My first "anime" would be Speed Racer

But the series that got me into anime were Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and Ronin Warriors.

Pokemon and Sailor Moon. Soul Eater was the first I watched subbed on my ipod nano back when itunes was trying to be youtube.

I watched Pokemon and Dragonball Z like everyone else but i really got into anime when a buddy handed me a stack of CDs and said watch this. It was Serial Experiments Lain and Noir. Damn, this stuff is good. Then i started my adventure of KaZaa downloading with one episode per day using dialup.

I've watched shit from the 80s and 90s as a kid like everyone else, but I really made go serious on anime was FMA 2003.

Can this shit even be considered anime?

Yeah it's gotta be this

MARS = VENUS > JUPITER > MERCURY > MOON

similar to this as this show made me start going online to look for subbed eps not yet released on TV. But I eventually got taken to better things and after watching SnS I never went back

The 70s-80s Astro Boy anime or one of the many anime translated into French was probably the first anime I watched, but it wasn't until I saw this, Bush Baby, and Sailor moon, I think, that I started realizing what it was.
>tfw this song is ingrained in my mind since I was 5
youtube.com/watch?v=g3SvVpEYr40

That being said...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE SAMURAI PIZZA CATS FAN CLUB OATH!
youtube.com/watch?v=bv2-MANLmQY

Nichijou a byotiful

Guess my nationality.

The video game adaptation was pretty fun too.

youtube.com/watch?v=2HG5u9QQbRU

Friends had tried to get me into anime by showing Lain and Evangelion to no avail. Then I found this gem.

All the amazing schlock value was lost on me back then

>ttw nobody here started off on Doraemon

I watched Nausicaa on Betamax as my first 'serious' anime though.

Please

My Brobobos. This show was the shit.

Supposedly the Canadian dub company said fuck it and totally improved what was going on screen instead of translating the script. Any other anime like Samurai Pizza Cats were improfed?

This red nigga right here

I had watched some older anime on and off before Ranma, but it was the first series that I followed all the way to the end.
After that there was no turning back.

Guess where I'm from.

from the first run on TV

Anyone else remember this?

Same. Actually thought it was the best thing ever when I was new to anime then rewatched it and found it to be cringy as fuck.

Not really the first but one I still fondly remember after all this time.

Yeah, but now I also remember how German TV raped its memory.

Am from Czechoslovakia, but I didn't know that it's anime.

super pig

youtube.com/watch?v=AXioIvcgNuI

I bought this for 9.99 from Music Zone in the UK. Changed how I look at cinema

Probably Death Note.
Watched Sailor Moon and Pokemon as a kid but I don't consider those my starting point since at that time because for me they were just another cartoons. Didn't know what an anime even is back then.

This or Akira, not sure which I encountered first
Still love both