Today is Taku Iwasaki's birthday, he turned 49. Let's celebrate to the 50+ scores he's done so far...

Today is Taku Iwasaki's birthday, he turned 49. Let's celebrate to the 50+ scores he's done so far, from Kenshin to ROD to TTGL to Katanagatari to Gatchaman and beyond. With an incredible range of styles, I don't think there's anyone else out there other than maybe Yoko Kanno who has made as much memorable music.

His recent work for Stray Dogs S2 was by far the best soundtrack of 2016. After all these years the man still has it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tFdibkV5MKM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUlbY7Ehjuk
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjf-ChOkzq4
youtube.com/watch?v=mgYrV-zHzac
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vtOKppCjc
youtube.com/watch?v=BMYbQ8s3V6A
youtube.com/watch?v=TwNCpWjal9o
67.159.62.2/ost/now-and-then-here-and-there-original-soundtrack/djsdlynsfh/01-standing-in-the-sunset-glow.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=cmUI_ncXWuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huh, and so it is. He's made many reading sessions of mine very pleasant.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUlbY7Ehjuk

He did some great work in MLA.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjf-ChOkzq4

I like how eclectic his work is. Sometimes he's doing a war movie score, then he goes full WUB WUB

youtube.com/watch?v=mgYrV-zHzac

And then remember how he was cockblocked by whiny ackbars

He's my favourite composer.

Who
Fucking
Cares

>Push Buttons

Iwasaki is the ultimate troll.

God damn Crowds had some good music

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vtOKppCjc

>He did some great work in MLA.

That's surprising, never heard this from him before. It's synthy but sounds nice. Reminds me almost of Sahashi (Gundam SEED composer).

He really is full of different styles.

LET'S GET IT
LET'S GET IT
LET'S GET IT LET'S GET IT LET'S GO

I fucking love Iwasaki.

youtube.com/watch?v=BMYbQ8s3V6A

CHA CHA CHA

youtube.com/watch?v=TwNCpWjal9o

I want to kill this guy

hello mohammed

WHR is best iwasaki ost. gatchaman close second.

Standing in the Sunset glow is probably my favourite track of his

67.159.62.2/ost/now-and-then-here-and-there-original-soundtrack/djsdlynsfh/01-standing-in-the-sunset-glow.mp3

Iwasaki's experiments nowadays can be very hit and miss, but his orchestral work is some of my favorite. He writes music like it's for the most romantic 40s movies, and I love it. Contrary to his modern electronica, his orchestral music is much more classical and old-fashioned than modern composers like Hisaishi or Ooshima or even Williams.

youtube.com/watch?v=cmUI_ncXWuA

His jazzy work on Ben-To's OST was great too.

Iwasaki is a weird guy. If you look at all his pictures he looks like some laid-back hipster DJ. But if you read his interviews and Tweets he comes across as being extremely intelligent yet cynical and mean spirited, like someone who is out of touch with modern times. His rant on Jojo was one of the most vicious things I've ever read from anyone working in the anime industry, like ever.

>got fired from Jojo cause he wouldn't stop putting shitty japlish rap in everything

nice bait. he quit because idiots didn't know how to use his music.