Hey Pol catholics explain this?

Heretic Pope Francis wants to change the Lord's prayer. This prayer was created by Christ himself. So why does the pontiff think he can change it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qdr7u6IP6sg
catholicpoint.blogspot.hu/2012/10/pope-claiming-as-god.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This faggot deserves to be nailed to the cross.

t. Catholic

This has to be fake

Quit trying to slide the next big jump, faggot JIDF op

He wants to correct translation and change..

"Lead us not into temptation"
to
"Do not let us fall into temptation"

What kind of changes are we talking about?

yes a JIDF who admits Christ is Lord

Satanic piece of shit.

Shareblue must be working overtime

He thinks there is a better translation of the prayer. Something that should be done by a group of people and not the Pope though. Last thing we need is another schism over some old translation like the greeks and protestants...

>another schism over some old translation like the greeks and protestants
.....that's a GREAT IDEA!

This is why the liturgy stayed in Latin for 19 centuries.

(((OP)))

Jesus clearly gave us the prayer in modern English when He handed pastor Jim the first copy of the KJV.

He's asking for a more accurate translation from the original Greek (actually more likely from the Latin Vulgate) into English since "lead us not" makes it sound like God tempts us rather than what is more accurate: "Let us not be tempted" or "do not let us fall into temptation"

>schism
>greeks

You're backwards senpai.

Source or its fake. The pope doesn't have the required power.
It's simply impossible.

Ah he wants to change the English translation.
Fine with me. It doesn't affect me at all
Pope Francis did well today.

oy vey mister shekelberg

It was a political schism. The greeks (and some of their most powerful future saints) had agreed (or didn't care) with the latin translation of the Filioque at the previous councils. Byzantine Emperor wanted control over the Pope and decided to take the Greek church with him. Pope wanted to be above the Emperor and wanted the Church to remain without political influence. Not as bad as Luther's misinterpretation of a wording that was meant to combat heresy.

Give this poor man some change

False Pope

Catholics changed the ten commandments, why is this a surprise? the bible calls the papacy the beast. (rev 13) and the whore of babylon, the mother of harlots

I have read somewhere that it has already been changed in french, you should check for portuguese too

They changed the Nicene Creed as well.

He is a Jesuit: see everything he does as a PR move as nothing else, nothing will really change and after his death it will be defined just as a failed experiment to appeal to leftists.

KJV version isnt the Bible retard. And before saying shit our ten commandments are the same providing your translation of the OS isn't that shit.
Did you even bother to Google or you're just saying shit? Grow up retard

99% of all news from the Pope is fake. He does a reverse Trump. He phrases everything in a way that makes it seem like he is extremely radical and breaking with tradition, when really he is saying what has always been said. But the Italian press, and the European press really likes to take everything he says and does out of context. The most extreme thing he's said was a very casual explanation of how divorce works. He does seem closest to consecrating Russia. He will be followed by a very traditional and orthodox pope.

feels like a shift of emphasis between predestination and free will, more towards the former.
catholic theology teaches predestination, but claims we have free will and the resolution of the contradiction between the two is a mystery of faith. so this is a small change.

Translating pic
"Pope prefers Portuguese version of our father"
"blah blah blah says the French one may induce Christians in error"
Feels so fucking good. Portuguese master race

>Translation of the OT*
Fixed

That change was to bring it more in line with the original Latin. It was started under Pope Benedict and this was not suspicious.

Anything Traitor Bergoglio says must be taken with extreme skepticism as his intentions are never good.

I'm half expecting him to declare imbibing Muslim semen straight from the source a part of the Mass.

>Christcucks think he is the voice of god

Yeah I know. They think foolishly that if he wanted to (((modernize))) the Church he wouldn't be able to since it's forbidden.
Just shows how intelligent our media is.

He kisses Muslim feet while your women suck their cock.

This is the problem with catholics. They can't do anything to stop an infiltration of the church. There're plenty of crazy Protestants too of course but you can just ignore them and follow the Bible. Catholics can't do that.

Did anyone else think that that blue symbol was the israeli flag just going off the thumbnail?

Actually, I was talking about filioque.

>nicene creed
>original latin
bait?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qdr7u6IP6sg

The Catholic Church has changed way too much during the time, including changing the ten Commandments, and now the kikes are trying to destroy it from within. I feel like the pope is just being controlled by JIDF at this point; a lot of (((priests))) even push the gay/trans/feminist agenda. Orthodox Christianity has never suffered a massive change and I think it is much closer to God, while preserving its traditions. Anyway here's short comparassion between the two Churches.

>Catholics abusing, mocking, and perverting the word of God

Golly gee, I sure am shocked and amazed! This has never happened before, ever forever.

Our Lady of Fatima was right, you're lucky.

>just read the bible
Because the Swedish translation is very accurate I believe.
Unless you have a theology/old literature/history masters and know how to read ancient Greek and Hebrew good luck interpreting the Bible the way it should.
And Btw, implying changing the translation of Our Father of a shirty language like English changes a fucking thing regarding the faith.
The prayer remains the same in my language and Latin, so again why should I care? Go prep the bull sven.
And besides the thread title is a question for catholics. Are you one? If not get the fuck out. I too don't shitpost on your heretic threads.

>catholic fags are literally arguing about what their favorite subgroup is

>follow the Bible
>le Sola Scriptura meme
Which version tought? Or do you want to become a Mormon peraphs?

>when Catholics wish they weren’t allowed to read the Bible because they refuse to read it anyways

>I think it is much closer to God
It's history would suggest otherwise.

>a better translation of the prayer
Wrong, more like the english translation is wrong. In every other language the prayer already says what he said the new thing should be. Or you could grow up and stop believing in fairies and their organizations that want your money.

was there not some prophetic list of popes to come and their name and is this faggot pedo supposed to be the last pope.

>prots
>reading the bible
Top kek mate. Seriously I don't know how the fuck you guys can read it. Every single gospel and epistle blows you in every possible way.

i don't think Jesus spoke American English
you twat

> implying that putting the holy word in easily changed vernacular isn't a terribad idea

It was recited in Latin prior to Vatican 2.

Give me an example. The entire book of Matthew is a string of warnings against the Catholic Church.

Have you actually looked at what he wants to change you dumb faggot?
"Lead us not into temptation" to "let us not fall to tempration". He wants to either correct a mistranslation or fix something that looks obviously wrong to anyoNE with half a brain.
What kind of shitty god would "lead you" to temptation.

omg, an actual sensible post
are we actually in /pol

How the fuck does it matter if you just do the opposite of what the Latin says anyways?

As soon as people were allowed to actually read the Bible themselves they realized the Catholic Church is full of satanic shit.

no lunatic
that was just your whore mother moaning at the triple penetration of her ass

It's a double negative. Lead us not into temptation is the same thing as saying lead us away/out of temptation. Pope can't grammar.

I think he wants it to be something like.
Our father which is in the Vatican, holy is the popes name, their kingdom come, pedos all and one here in the church, and in Islam,
Give us this day our daily five year old ect, ect.

And yet God rewarded the protestants with 2 new continents and the finest countries in the world, while catholics were set to ruin. Deus is weak, God is strong.

Kikes have diffuculty navigating any theology beyond
>LMAO Jesus was a Jew

OK here's one.
Matthew 7:24-27 - Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

Every one therefore that heareth these my words, and doth them, shall be likened to a wise man that built his house upon a rock, And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat upon that house, and it fell not, for it was founded on a rock. And every one that heareth these my words, and doth them not, shall be like a foolish man that built his house upon the sand, And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat upon that house, and it fell, and great was the fall thereof.
>inb4 pastor Jim says thats not objective or Luther changed that because it was wrong.

DON'T OPPOSE THE MEDIATOR OF GOD!!!!

>lead us not into temptation
>do not lead us into temptation
No that's just mental gymnastics to pretend it doesn't sound like god is trying to fuck you over.

>our current translation isn't accurate enough, let's change it again

They don't even realize the stupidity of this statement. God's word is perfect or it's not... We have the KJV and it's not changing a single jot or tittle.

>Finest countries in the world
>USA, British Caliphate, Sweden, Netherlands, half of Germany (and shrinking)
I'm dying.

So what IS the proper translation? Any Biblical Greek scholars know?

>be a Catholic
>someone mocks you for your beliefs
>"haha y-yeah, I hate my traditions and beliefs too! Down with the Pope! Sola scriptura! haha. P-please like me."

>be protestant, orthodox or oriental Christian
>literally die for your beliefs in some cases

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?
Why is every Catholic I meet so damn spineless?

This only applies if the Pope uses his power to decree. That power has only been used 26 times in all of history. Otherwise they are just the words of a regular Bishop, which is all the Pope is. He is like the Chairman of the board of the Bishops.

>catholic theology teaches predestination
What? No it doesn't. That's Jansenist heresy.

We have 2 accurate translations. One from 1702 called the Charles XII Bible, and a revision of the Charles XII Bible (only New Testament) from 1923. They use the exact same sources as the KJV and is virtually identical in all translations and included passages.

Because most of the Catholics on Sup Forums don't really understand their faith.

It Latin its means "do not let us fall into temptation"
Your language is fucked up. Fix it

>faked quote from some Prottie rag
Please post the Jesuit oath, that's my favourite one. Wish they were that cool.

>fixing god's chosen language
Lmao, everyone knows English is superior

This change doesn't fit the melody.

Are you dumb or are you just pretending?
Even translation some ordinary sentence to another language if if their close like Portuguese and Spanish might have several different translations with slightly different meanings and your telling me that translating the whole Bible to English that is a very limited language is 100% correct?
Your fucking delusional.

catholicpoint.blogspot.hu/2012/10/pope-claiming-as-god.html
Faked/mistranslated quote, as usual.

It may seem like semantics but that twist he proposed takes the onus of responsibility off a believer from following christ "Lead Us not..." to seeing Christ as even secular people view faith as being a crutch to escape our own vices. "Do not Let Us fall".

The Blind cant lead the blind and this pope has led all but the most pious astray. As sure as God is risen this pedo protecting man shall have hell to pay.

....and then the muslims came.

Except no one has been able to debunk the quote. Some idiot said that he didn't say "IS JESUS" only "REPRESENTS JESUS" without providing any proof whatsoever that this was the actual quote -- because supposedly they found the original quote, and just claimed that it stated something different.

english is a very imperfect languaje. In spanish it doesn't imply that God temps you. Francis haters BFTO ONCE AGAIN

So what's your point? Jesus is good with weather forecasts?

>I'm a protestant and it is important that I follow the bible
>Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build by church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it
>....

>Translating the Bible from a poorly translated one.
Wew
Even the vulgate isn't 100% accurate. That's why the Church encourages theologicians to study texts in the original languages.

This. A Argentine pope was a mistake. (I don’t think a Brazilian one would be any better, mind you)

His new religion, created at Vatican II, has already set itself up with
>new liturgy
>new sacraments
>new saints
>new devotions
>new vestments
>new music
>new architecture
>new decorations
>new dogmas
It was about time for new prayers.

No delusional Catholics think he is. Their whole story of the churches start is pure fallacy. Claiming Peter was the first Pontiff, and him being crucified upside down in Rome was a lie. Peter was never in Rome, it was Paul who went to Rome, Peter was busy establishing the faith in the Judea region. So no actual Bible believing Christians do not see him as anything, but the servant of Satan.

I'm telling you that the KJV is the perfect word of God in the English language, because it was an inspired translation. Do you seriously believe that the Bible is just words on pages that we can change how we want? I'm telling you that the Bible is perfect and can be translated perfectly into every language. The KJV just happens to be the perfect one in English. You have your own Portugese version that's perfect I'm sure.

I don't believe in textual criticism.

except that's not what Matthew wrote

Goddamn right we need change! We need to start killing some jews

Ok. Good to know you're still 14.

this guy gets it

>lead us not into
Asking for mercy
Accepting the role of a "follower" of Christ

>do not let us fall into
DEMANDING god protect us from ourselves, taking no responsibility
The role of god is now a protector, not a leader

>that's not what the Kang Jerome Nigger wrote!

They already changed the commandments
And the sabbath.
And they don't follow anything Jesus taught.
And they slaughtered millions for reading the bible.

Thou must be a child to comprehend thy meaning, I guess.

Who the fuck is pastor Jim and why should I give a fuck what a money grubbing cryptokike lies about?
How does this in anyway validate your claim?

No it was not an inspired translation. It was a beautiful, scholarly translation, but not inspired.

I give up
My fucking sides