"Shoujo"

Wtf, why is Natsume Yuujinchou considered a shoujo? Who classifies these things? Why is K-On shonen? wtf, I dont understand anything.

Also.... why doesn't this series get more love?

Natsume is shoujo because it's a show about a cute boy, while K-On is seinen because it's a show about cute girls. Not complicated

Becasue
>LaLa DX is a Japanese shōjo manga magazine published by Hakusensha
and Natsume is serialised in it.

Because you're a newfag. Fuck off and lurk more.

It's target audience.

As a heterosexual male, I enjoy the action and fantasy elements of the series, I don't understand how it is supposed to appeal to girls.

Thanks, most reasonable answer.

Do you really think a "newfag" will just stumble onto such an unpopular series?

Its not impopular, is highly rated on MAL so any newfag looking for high rate shows will find it in no time.

Stop typing like a retard and lurk more.

>k-on
>natsume
>unpopular
Yeah you sure sound new.

>Pretending to be tumblr
Why don't you go there for real?

>I don't understand how it is supposed to appeal to girls
MC is cute, CUTE

and WHY is Free! considered shoujo? they're men and they're doing sports! If anything that's the MOST masculine show!

^^ this is what you sound like

I am just saying, it is kind of arbitrary. D.Gray-man also has cute boys and a girly aura, despite being an action manga... however, it is considered a shonen. Kuroko no Basuke and Haikyuu have a big female following and are almost as gay as Free!, but they are still shonen. I don't know, I just find this all hard to explain from a gender binary perspective.

Why does it keep getting multiple seasons, Who is funding this shit.

As you said yourself, D.Gray-man is an action manga. Haikyuu is a volleyball show (a sport inherently more aggressive and competitive than swimming because they're hitting the ball and there's a fear of getting injured = more masculine) wherein the characters are almost always fully clothed, and the same is true of Kuroko no Basuke.

It's not necessarily about major elements but about the tone, writing and how certain subjects are addressed. Often things that are violent, aggressive, competitive, suspenseful and challenging are orientated towards men, and inversely (it's difficult describing this without sounding patronising) female orientated shows have a slower pace, more character centric, has fanservice of male characters that goes beyond them merely being attractive, there are often very explicit Mary Sue characters, the tone is often relaxed and there are rarely any challenges.

A show like Death Note is about two attractive men and their conflicting ideology, sounds like a shoujo show, but it's because of the pace of the series and the suspense throughout that makes it more male-orientated.

It sounds patronising because this type of shit isn't as prevalent in media in the States but those Japs love them some gender divide so this still exists in such a blatant manner.

It's about magazine and target audience.
If it was Shonen, he'd fight the spirits instead of talk them. His grandma's story would be Shonen, for example because she beat up all the yokai for friends

Come on Ledouche, you've been here long enough to know the power of fujo money.

it all depends on the magazine the manga was published in. I'd personally like some more shoujo anime with a male mc and without a romance-centric plot.

Is there anything to get out of the anime when I've read the manga?

>stop liking what I don't like
Natsume is great and a lot of people like it, so fuck yourself, faggot

>males are cool in shoujo
>pathetic pussies in shounen

shoujo is truly the best

>I don't understand how it is supposed to appeal to girls.
No idea, really.

What a mystery!

>Fujo seasons
>Natsume sell 50% of the usual
What did they mean by this?

We don't allow literal faggot here.

>Only 10 episodes
>QUALITY

I blame Shuka. Also, even if it sold badly compared to S1/S2/S3 and S4, it wasn't a complete flop like some other shows that aired last season.

Natsume is a rare show where all "main" girls are great. Reiko, Taki, Hinoe, Sasada, Hiiragi - all of them are great.

Yeah....
>Sasada
NO

Nyanko-sensei is A CUTE CAT

>voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
>NO
Get some more taste.

>Also.... why doesn't this series get more love?

It's getting a FIFTH season. What SOL type anime, actually, what type of show in general even gets that many seasons?

It's obviously loved by some.

Because it appeals to fujos, Natsume could have a cute gf but no

Calm down, I haven't even watched it. It's in my backlog I was just curious that a studio that isn't know for many sequels managed to keep doing constant sequels for this show.

Have you tried MAL? You might really like it.

>I enjoy the action and fantasy elements of the series, I don't understand how it is supposed to appeal to girls.
Read more shoujo, then maybe you'll understand.

It's so sad people who watched less than 200 anime or read less than 300 titles post here.

How do people watched so many anime?

Seriously asking, I've been watching anime since Doraemon and Voltes V era but I feel like I only watched around 50-ish.

I've watched around 50 shows when I was a kid then started watching 5-6 seasonal anime since 2008. There's also backlog cleaning.

5-6 anime per season* fits better

It's actually getting a sixth season, the fifth one finished airing already.

I'm sorry, Natsume, it's a bummer... in reality you're as human as they come...
..and I needed those yokai names REAL bad and I had to give them up; just to get your FAKE PARENTS off my back. So now we're gonna have to go get more.
And then we're gonna go on even MORE adventures after that, Natsume. And you're gonna keep your MOUTH SHUT about it, Natsume...
..because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important. And they'll TEAR us apart, Natsume!!
But if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, Natsume, and you're gonna be part of 'em.
And together we're gonna run around, Natsume, we're gonna... do all kinds of wonderful things, Natsume. Just you and me, Natsume. The outside world is our enemy, Natsume... we're the only.... friends we've got, Natsume! It's just Nyanko-sensei and Natsume. Nyanko-sensei and Natsume and their adventures, Natsume.. Nyanko-sensei AND Natsume FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS Nyanko-sensei and Natsume.. some...things.. Me and Nyanko-sensei and Natsume runnin' around and... Nyanko-sensei and Natsume time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days Nyanko-sensei and Natsume! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over Nyanko-sensei and Natsume... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at Nyanko-sensei and Natsume dot com w..w..w... Nyanko-sensei and Natsume adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute Nyanko-sensei and Natsume dot com.... w w w a hundred times... Nyanko-sensei and Natsume dot com.......

That episode was so hot.

Free! isn't adapted from a shoujo manga, therefore it's not shoujo.

>he cares about what some chinamen declares the demographic of his anime is

targate audiance

Shoujo isn't a genre, retard.
Please fuck off and kill yourself.