gamer.ne.jp/news/201701200081/
tieba.baidu.com/p/4925865132
pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
jii.moe/rkE1rI7wl.m4v
fiverr.com/socalchrist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also REM is best girl

Yes I would have preferred that way

It should have ended with "Who is Rem?" and then Theater D starts playing. I agreee. MAXIMUM DESPAIR OVERLOAD!

Something like that. Or him rushing to her side and knifing himself only to wake up in front of her with his most despair-induced face as the show fades to black.

>Subaru kills himself
>Respawns at Rem's comatose body
>Takes Rem into his arms body shaking and breathing heavily
>Starts screaming and crying tears of agony
>Screen snaps to black
>Fade in the words: "Subaru saw hell, and only hell."
>ED 1 fades in
>Roll credits

Should have ended with him killing himself. But not show the RbD, just cut to credits.

So, would the after credits scene be him waking up, rapidly trying to think up a plan, right before realizing he was still in the room with Rem?

After credits scene would either be the second trial's "LIAR LIAR" scene, or just unrelated.
Inevitable season 2 would start up with Barusu's RbD. No flashback to the suicide, just pick up directly where it left off.

just leaving
>who is rem?
and the after credits scene being a take of Subaru waking up would make a better cliffhanger than showing rem in coma

No screaming at first. Just have him immediately bring the knife back to his throat, before weakly dropping it and collapsing into a wreck.

Honestly, the epilogue should have been in there. It's not Season 2 opening material. It's "ironic climax" material, turning the happy fairy tale ending on its head. That's really what I think the problem with the anime was. The things it cut out or changed are things that entirely change the tone of scenes and characters.

Of course, if all the scenes were unchanged, people would start thinking the focus of most of the show was setting up the tragedy with Rem and Subaru, and Emilia would have ended up overshadowed. Which she did anyways, so they should have just ran with it instead of trying to underplay Rem's importance. Back in 2013, Tappei literally made her character description twice as long as all of the others, just so he could talk about the massive effect Rem becoming a heroine had on the surface of the plot.

>Who's... Rem?
>OH PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE WAITING FOR YOUR TOUCH
>Shows potato Rem
>AND WE'LL START WAITING FOR A NEW DAY
>Subaru takes knife and dramatic closeup of the knife going to his throat
>KIMI TO
>Black screen right before it pierces his throat, with the sound of blood being spilled in the background
Would have been a god-tier ending.

>scrapped scenes of potato rem is out there catching dust
Fuck Tappei and White Fox. They could have ended the show with the SUFFERING that has been prevalent the whole time but they instead had to go with the safe vanilla ending.

Style Helix does fit pretty well. They should really do some fucking OVA that does it or something.

either Theater D or Straight bet would have been perfect for the Rem ending, Styx Helix was for the ending it had

Its sad we will never get to see it

But If they included all of her scenes, people would think the show was all about Rem. Which is totally different from the way things are now. Really, it kind of pisses me off. Even if the director considered Rem to be a "sub-heroine", the MC of this show is Subaru and the focus should be on him. The thing about this is that Rem has the largest role in shaping Subaru's personality in these early stages of the story, even on a meta level. That includes all of their interactions. Taking away from Rem takes away from Subaru.

>ED plays
>Its Subaru riding to the capital like death itself was chasing him
>Scenes of Subaru pushing people out of the way and fighting guards
>Knife to throat

>NEVER
Don't be so pessimistic user

I don't know about you guys but I really want them to play Stay Alive during Rem's final moments before she gets eaten by Ley, from

> Rem: Enough is enough, Witch Cultist.
to
> This alone, was what Rem wished for in her final moment.

Then the episode ends with a speechless Subaru standing and staring at coma Rem before slitting his own throat shortly after.

It would have been beautiful to show this while Subaru was confessing to Emilia. and it would cut between the two for maximum effect.

I just want them to animate this shit and see what despair inducing cuts people can make of it.

>people would think the show was all about Rem
Does it really matter? She was the most popular character in the show anyways. It's not like pandering hasn't been done before.

It wouldn't even really be pandering though, its just how the first three arcs are structured. You're supposed to think Subaru is kind of being retarded in regards to Emilia because he is, and realizes that in arc 4 after getting punched a bunch.

Well, that's the funny thing. It wouldn't have been pandering at all.

If you pay attention to this story, it's pretty easy to tell what Rem's role is. Rem is who introduces and sets the true tone and themes of the series, even if she has no connection to the "deepest lore" or hidden conspiracies.

That she would give Subaru her honest critique whenever he asked for her opinion is important, as that's what gives her opinion value later. It's not just a cute girl saying nice things to him, ignoring all of his faults, it's someone who believes in him despite being well aware of them. Being able to love someone without overlooking their faults is important in this story, and it's shallower without the emphasis on that.

Idolizing and imitating someone who you poorly understand, at the cost of your identity, is another theme first introduced through her. As is breaking someone from their shell and frozen time. The themes of tragedy? Those are also introduced through Rem, and she brings out an entirely different side of Subaru's personality. She gives and receives the first real love confessions in the series. She is the first person Subaru truly loses, and the first he kills himself for.

Even if Tappei never originally planned for her to become what she did, he admits to the influence she had on the other characters and the entire surface of the plot. Re:Zero wouldn't be the same story without Rem.

Oh, and she's also the first whose trust he has to work to earn, the first where the need to lean on others and support them in return is truly gone into, and the most dramatic example of the loops being used to explore different sides of a character.

Rem is pretty much the character who introduces it all. I think there's a reason why she's the most popular character, and that's because she represents most of the themes that drew people into the story in the first place.

Is she jerking him off?

Funny story. That's exactly what Japanese twitter said about the picture. Or rather, they called it a "Breastfeeding handjob scene".

>breastfeeding handjob

What are these samples from? I need to know for a friend.

gamer.ne.jp/news/201701200081/

I really have no interest in any of the ones that aren't Rem. She looks the most in-character of the bunch.

Rem knows you've been unfaithful and have been fapping to other waifus. Apologize to Rem, your waifu for laifu.

I'm sorry please don't hurt me

So, you're saying I should only fap to vanilla Rem doujins from now on?

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

Do you think that would make Rem happy?

...is it safe? Catfag is dead right?

You know what would have given that more impact? They actually showed the near-daily flirting and cuddling those two do in the anime.

That would just make people think Subaru was being even more retarded, if he rejected a girl he legitimately got along with, understood, and connected to better.

Subaru is legitimately retarded though

Is Rem princess carrying Subaru or...?

Well yeah, since that's exactly what he did. However, I think it all kind of relates to what Subaru was looking for in a waifu, which comes in the "main heroine" context that he first introduces. He's looking for the motivation and sense of purpose to improve himself, and we see this in how he thinks of both Emilia and Rem.

For the others, I think Emilia mostly wants someone she can really trust, while Rem wants someone who can help her discover herself.
I'd go with the Princess carry.

>People exist who prefer half-breeds witches over pure and rare Onis
Sad!

What's all this then?

So basically this?

Is that a new volume I see?

>150cm
Wait. Isn't that exactly Rem's height? How tall is Emilia?

This is nice

Chinese friend linked it to me a while ago apparently it's "special edition B" tieba.baidu.com/p/4925865132

Rem is 5'1 I believe, Emilia is 5'5.

Wasn't there some theory that Subaru's unusual devotion to Emilia in spite of Rem's confession may be influenced by the Witch of Envy? Is there some actual in-text suggesting this, or is this still just a theory?

Based chinaman

deluded remfags

It might be looking into it too much but the "dark hand" has come up from time to time.

There are moments where the narration describes the feeling Subaru gets when he considers the idea of Emilia rejecting him to be identical to that of the hand. There are a few other moments in Arc 3 where he's described as getting a strange feeling he can't identify on top of the normal fear of rejection.

In his defense, the narration does make it clear that Subaru did understand how much his rejection would hurt Rem but he still said "I love Emilia" because he wanted Rem to know that the Subaru she loved was back.

>Because Subaru wanted to be the Natsuki Subaru that she loves…

>[Subaru: ――I love Emilia.]

> And while knowing how cruel he was being to her smile and her kindness

So he wasn't totally retarded. He just didn't have time to have time to give a clear answer to Rem in the best way possible. And then all the events that happened after that confession (Rem's fake death prank and Rem's coma) basically strengthened Subaru's feelings for Rem and confirmed them and gave Subaru the answer he wanted.

I wonder what the contents are

It's basically the most valid explanation and only explanation that makes sense at this point.

I wouldn't go so far, but I think Subaru is subconsciously influenced by his forgotten past with Satella, whatever that might be, to be attracted to girls who look like her.

Why not both?

Subaru please

Ram would scold you

Is Natsuki Subaru gonna have to choke a bitch?

I think the Switzerland-neutral stance in the Subaru Bowl is basically that there's some influence that's making Subaru's bullshit happen, but without it he'd probably still have a thing for the person who saved his life in the first iteration.

Considering how much of the plot is driven by Subaru's devotion to Emilia, it's probably safe to say that this bullshit is indistinguishable from the author needing Subaru to be devoted to Emilia to write his own story.

Rem would cry

It's actually funny that Rem's plan for polygamy is going to be sabotaged by her own sister. I'm not sure how Rem will feel about this.

Last episode was kind of a letdown.
Ending of the episode with Theater D insert was pretty dope though, song choice was perfect. Even though I don't really like most of this song, but when "welcooome to the party" starts I just get chills.
Ending of the episode with the wolf Puck (think it was ep15?) was also cool stylistically and felt like an actual ending to the series.
So for the final episode I would've preferred one of these two but then again, I'd rather have a somewhat finished story instead of the cliffhanger.

I'd be nice if Rem had enough confidence that she didn't give her equally insecure boyfriend a way out. She pretty much had him on lock.

So. It's about a week until Rem's birthday, isn't it? How exactly are we planning to collect the short stories that will be released then? Are they going to be posted online?
That sounds reasonable. From what I've heard elsewhere, the original plot was only going to have Emilia, Betty, and maybe Satella as "heroines". At some point, I think he must have realized that he made ex-background character Rem more compatible with the MC than his main heroine was. I mean, he even makes answers about Rem being the kind of girl Subaru would marry back home, in reply to questions that had nothing to do with that.

The way I see it, Tappei kind of messed up with Rem, since she's always going to distract from the romance story he had first planned. However, that was kind of a byproduct of how writing her influenced and added to the story. He certainly doesn't seem to resent her or anything, but he probably has mixed feelings on how much of his story he's willing to change.
>I'd rather have a somewhat finished story instead of the cliffhanger.
Do you even know what a cliffhanger is? A cliffhanger is when something cuts off right before, or in the middle of, the action or a reveal. A tragedy can be as final as any happy ending.

Why are you all so edgy, the conclusion should be about Wilhelm and Subaru resolving to do something about it while Felix goes off to sulk.

>Do you even know what a cliffhanger is? A cliffhanger is when something cuts off right before, or in the middle of, the action or a reveal. A tragedy can be as final as any happy ending.

Yeah, I know what cliffhanger is. Should've phrased that differently.

>At some point, I think he must have realized that he made ex-background character Rem more compatible with the MC than his main heroine was.
I don't know how you fuck that up, honestly.

Well seeing Subaru devoted to her will surely give Rem hella confidence and even boost her desire to selfishly keep Subaru only for herself. But then, chances are Rem would avoid doing it since it might hurt the relationship between her and Emilia who has become to grow feelings for Subaru.

"Who is Rem?" or "Subaru knifes himself, fade to black" endings are fucking stupid and I'm glad none of the people suggesting that shit are in charge of writing the story.

The epilogue should have either been adapted entirely (ending with Subaru's oath to save Rem) if a Season 2 was guaranteed in the future, or not at all.

As for how they could fit it in if they do end up doing a Season 2, the best thing now would probably be to make an OVA or something in between season 1 and 2 that acts as an "episode 0" of sorts. Starting Season 2 with it would be be too jarring/weird if the story then moves into Arc 4 which has very little to do with the stuff the epilogue sets up.

I've got a few guesses. With the Emilia romance, Tappei seems to be going a fairly traditional route. As in, it's something that takes forever to develop as a result of density and cowardice.

Rem's advantage might be due to not originally being planned as a heroine, and having to be given an expanded role. Tappei probably didn't have a solid plan for her in mind at first, so she didn't really end up with the usual personality expected of most heroines. What he needed was for her to be someone who could deliver a speech, and have it come across as entirely sincere.

The end result was what you could expect. She had to be someone who would admire Subaru and get along with him, and likely see something of herself in him. To be honest, Rem kind of strikes me as a strange mix of Emilia, Subaru, and Ram. It's like she was written along the general themes of Re:Zero, and ended up having a little of everything.

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

And then what?

Is the elastic band glued to her ass or what?

I prefer the more mundane "it's a remnant of Subarus's protagonist delusion in which she is the main heroine"

An art dump, I presume. Do you really think Rem waking up won't come with a flood of fanart?

Reminder that Ram will chew Subaru out

>even boost her desire to selfishly keep Subaru only for herself.
I'ts not selfish to claim what is owed
The moment Subaru acted jealous gave her the right to ask for exclusivity.

so is there just the 25 episodes? i remember there being a reaction thread as if it was airing at the time like a month or two ago
but it turns out it finished airing long before that.
also there seems to be some scenes that i didn't see while watching.

For how much Tappei says he preferse Emliai, I wouldn't underestimate how much he likes Rem in her own right.
But I think he's also a little conflicted, as he acknowledges that she's his characther who became the most "alive", but on the other hand he could see her less "his" for the same reason.

the threads are still ongoing because some anons are translating the novels that go past where the anime ended

for reference: pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ

I'm not underestimating. He clearly likes Rem, but I'm just wondering how much he's willing to change his original designs for her.

Let's say Subaru decided he loved Rem more and no coma happened. They would get together pretty damned fast after the incident was resolved. However, the entire Emilia romance plot would end up getting completely trashed. But let's not even go that far.

Let's just assume Rem was awake for Arc 4. Don't you think that would basically destroy the entire plot? Once Roswaal caught wind of their confession, his whole plan would already be jeopardized. He wants Subaru to be doing everything for Emilia, after all. However, Ram would probably immediately turn on him in any scenario in which he tried to do anything to Rem to get her out of the way. Pretty much everything would have to be completely rewritten.

Due to her origin as a late, but significant, addition to the plot, Rem could quite naturally twist the story into something unrecognizable from the original premise.

HOLY SHIT BROS!!! SON OF GOD CONFIRMS IT

jii.moe/rkE1rI7wl.m4v

I unironically think the Myth&Roid OP and ED is what made Re: Zero.

>the entire Emilia romance plot would end up getting completely trashed
It could have been a decent hook to play up the connection between Emilia and Envy

I agree that Arc 4 would have gone WAY differently, but I think that the potato happened not just to put rem out of the picture, but also to reinstate where Subaru's true feelings lie, on the age-old rationale that you realize what you care only when you lose it.

How the actual fuck did you manage to make him say that?

I'm not even mad, this is pretty amazing.

Who?
How??

I have always had this connection with holy beings.

It's probably a mix of things. I'd also say your suggestion would end up pushing Emilia down a rather different path. Rem already has a significant effect on Arc 4 while she's in a coma, and I think changing Arc 4 any further would basically mean just throwing out the original outline altogether. Still, I'll say this.

I think the true reason for the coma was tragedy, pure and simple. It strikes just as she's starting to properly move forward, and it's in one of the most pointlessly cruel ways possible. I honestly think bringing her back without her memories would be a bullshit move at this point, as that would basically be throwing out her noticeably incomplete character arc. She needs her memories to finish that properly.

Did you lock this guy in a basement? How in the actual fuck?

I'll admit that despite all you misses

This one stuck gold

fiverr.com/socalchrist

Someone paid a minimum of $5 to make this happen

Fucking hell Ferri-fag

Well. Well shit.

Its 5 dollars well spent