Colleges in the US

What does Sup Forums think could be done better with colleges in the US? Sure, there’s indoctrination, but how do you effectively fight this, reduce predatory loans, and still make degrees worth the money? Should colleges be run more like businesses and have to compete with each other without getting help from the state? Should we end national endowments and do something better with the money? More importantly, what would any positive step look like in practice? Would any laws need to be passed or removed?

I go to a private christian college in Mississippi. Most gen. ed. courses are laden with redpills. I am a biology undergad, so I dont see many redpills, but every professor is a trump voting conservative. Guaranteed. 99% of students are children of christian trump supporters. Most do not have any solid opinions of their own but are very malleable.
I really enjoy it here and think its a great place for someone who is a christian conservative that has grown sick of the media and its kike nigger loving bullshit.
BTW we are literally getting extra credit for going to the trump speech in Jackson on Saturday. I love everything about this place.

>public colleges
Cut funding until they have no choice but to cut bullshit programs. Do not let them worm these degree programs into STEM.

Private schools + Scholarships are the best way to go

1. Close all departments that have "studies" or "critical" in their name.

2. Fire all administrators and rehire slowly on pure competence basis.

3. End affirmative action.

4. End 80% of scholarships, especially those based on race or ethnicity.

5. Review competence level of all professors by an independent committee, and close departments that have more than 30% of incompetent professors associated with them.

6. Mandatory fitness classes/training for all students. Those who fail a fitness class do not get a diploma (except for extremely autistic fields like math or physics where we can be more loose).

What did I miss?

7. Mandatory "Western Civilization" course or even a set of courses. Special committee reviews curriculum to make sure it is free of postmodernist contamination.

8. Shut down all anthropology departments that do not have an evolutionary anthropologist on board or that focus entirely on cultural anthropology.

10. Fire everyone from sociology departments and rehire based on competence level.

>4. End 80% of scholarships, especially those based on race or ethnicity.
i got a scholarship from my church for about 50
% of my tuition. Most of my friends also had merit based scholarships from their community. I think you mean end government grants and 'special' scholarships, not achievement or merit based.

Congressional investigation into the anti-American activities of the tax-free foundations, building on Cox and Reece (you know what I mean if you're in Congresss.)

I work at one of them.

Tax the university's

just keep school and state separate. cut all government influence, cut all of it

also

>predatory loans
>something you have to literally agree to and sign is predatory
just say no or you accept the consequences of your actions, fucking mongoloids

That won't do. States have to hold hearings at the state level.

They're not going to call me to testify before the Federal government. They're too scared. They'd never let me say shit into the record. It has to be at the state level.

they need to be divested in, especially take tax dollars away from them so they have to compete in the free market.

STEM is fine, business, computer science

the soft sciences are just neo-marxist shitholes that are purely for sjw advocay and post-modernist madness they need to go away

checked but STEM is not fine. You don't understand the TQM-type shit they're playing to make drones.

It's not just the soft sciences. It's STEM. They always try to put you off target because they are anti-educational and anti-American.

I work at a private Catholic school run by sisters, and it’s all about social justice. We had a transgender day with a clothing swap.

It’s in the Midwest. College professors everywhere are insane people. They through tantrums over nothing. They treat staff like shit yet claim to be fighting for the little guy.

I'm a Roman Catholic and I would just drop that shit and leave. It's infiltrated.

Get a new job while you still can.

I don’t even care if my university closes and I’ll lose my job. I hate what are universities have become, and I hate all the far left idiots I work with who don’t understand that they are the ones ruining education.

English used to be about appreciating the classics, and learning the rules of grammar. Now, you have to read a terribly written book by a wheelchair bound lesbian Eskimo.

My college is going to cut all these programs because we’re out of money, and I’m laughing at all the stupid faculty who will be losing their jobs. Everyone’s in a panic and I’m thrilled.

Take your English skills and teach them on your own. You might not know how the Jews practice arbitrage.

Why would you go into $400k debt at a Jewniverity when you could just learn things from moms or whatever for free or maybe some mutual help?

I’m not Catholic, but yes it’s feminized and liberalized. I don’t really mind my day to day work as I’m not involved in any of the social justice stuff. It’s more like when I cross paths with faculty or co workers that I hear about it, but it just makes me laugh. I generally keep to myself at work. I like what I do but the pay isn’t very good.

Son't go to college. Put the effort and money into your own business instead, it will be more profitable and less frustrating.

>the pay isn't very good
Universities pay way way way below industry because it's all a big scam to funnel drones into drone jobs. It's so that the actual funders can extort from the dumb youth and run away laughing to the bank.

I’m not s Professor, but I could do a much better job than the ones there.

Schools are trying to be like resorts. They build massive food courts by twenty different options to attract students.

The problem is students, and especially their parents, fall for it. Although they’re waking up thanks to the madness on campuses. Schools should put as much money as possible into academics and not all the entertainment.

We hired a bunch of student life staff who put on stupid events for students.

If you want to have a resort experience,go to a resort. It’s cheaper and better.

College should be for learning, but it’s really just an expensive ticket to network.

>What does Sup Forums think could be done better with colleges in the US?
Demolish them all
No I'm not memeing

My parents were educators. I got to see the other side of how things work from a young age. Damn they worked hard for what they believed in.

But the fact of the matter is you have to understand the system and how it screws people. That's how the Jews operate and I can tell you that whatever you believe because I've had to live around Jews for pretty much my whole life.

Yes. Most graduates, if they get jobs, will just be taking data from one spreadsheet and pasting it into another at an office. They could have dropped out at 9th grade and done that.

We also had a student who was literally retarded. She probably had the mindset of a 10 year old. She couldn’t wipe her ass. She stunk so bad after using the restroom. She couldn’t do anything but watch cartoons on the computer.

People say oh how nice we’re going to give her this opportunity. I say we are robbing her parents and giving them false hope. She might be able to do a fast food job, but nothing else really.

Also, I’ve heard it’s really, really, frowned upon to fail students, even if they deserve it by not doing anything... basically because it makes us look bad.

There are a lot of people at my school who work hard, including the professors I hate so much. We don’t have a lot of resources or money, so people are called on to do a huge variety of things.

There are still the people who are incapable or just lazy, though. Jordan Peterson says 3 out of 10 people in a business do all the work.

Well done, sir.

Correct, because Shaniqua is going to raise hell and then the Jewish administration is going to come down on your ass for not meeting the quotas.

But if you're clever then that also tells you how to fuck their shit up from the inside.

Something NO ONE talks about is accreditation. Universities have to hire all their administrators in order to meet the requirements for accreditation. One of the requirements is younhave to prove your school is diverse and multi cultural (they’re vague about the definition), and prove your students have learned about it in their time here

You can’t just say well we have a class on wheelchair bound Eskimo lesbians. You have to prove students now understand what it means to be a wheelchair bound Eskimo lesbian. I have no idea how to do this.

I do think schools would still have diversity offices if they weren’t required to, but maybe not as many would due to the expense if it wasn’t required for accreditation. Accrsitors don’t say you must have a diversity office, but they say you need to be more diverse. That’s in part where this is coming from and no one is talking about it.

Employers should stop caring if your school is accredited.

How much do you think all that costs? Do parents know how much it costs?

I’ve worked with an African exchange student who I think put his hand down his pants when I was talking. He’d scream FUCK over absolutely nothing.

I’ve worked with the stupidest, laziest students who are going to become nurses, which frightens me.

I’ve worked with other exchange students who can’t really speak English.

I should think speaking English would be a prerequisite to attending our universities.

Is this official policy or not???

Seriously spin off the sports to the private sector. The idea that playing manly sports in combination with heavy studies builds fine young Christian gentlemen disappeared some time before the Great Depression.

Half of our employees are adminstrators. I really don’t know how much it costs, but it’s immesnely time consuming. In the past, you were up for accreditation every ten years and probably got deep into 2 years before. Now, it’s going to be a continuous process where you have to update your arguments and evidence all the time.

I know some diversity officers make a ton of money. My school was told by accediators we need to be more diverse. The framed it as we wouldn’t have enough local white people to keep the doors open, which is kind of true. But if we don’t do anything to promote diversity, the accreditors will hold it against us. Enough infractions and we get put on probation.

So even if you’re a conservative, it can be really hard to make a school not liberal. It’s probably possible at places like liberty universiy, but I don’t know how they do it.

meh even for all the million dollars spent on the sports facilities half the time I get to scope out hawt young people laying around on the grass or whatever.

I think it's a scam.

It’s not a possible, but I can’t believe we let people graduate without speaking English.

Basically, we were so low on enrollment, we rushed to get a bunch of Chinese students to the school for the first time. We didn’t have anyone here who could speak Chinese. A lot of them left. After that, We hired a part time Chinese guy, but he flaked at the last minute.

The students try to translate words on their phones. I think now they essentially just get passed no matter what because we need their money.

>She couldn’t wipe her ass. She stunk so bad after using the restroom. She couldn’t do anything but watch cartoons on the computer.
>People say oh how nice we’re going to give her this opportunity. I say we are robbing her parents and giving them false hope. She might be able to do a fast food job, but nothing else really.

..glad I've never eaten at fast food places....

Ever see the pay grades of the administrators? I have access to the computer systems, but sometimes they publish pay brackets.

Org charts are good, too, like when they name the guy who's supposed to be in charge of hacking. But he asks me wtf is going on with this or that kind of network traffic. lel
>one of the best computer universities in the world amirite
>send your son here so he can learn computers
>and get a million dollars in to debt learning nothing
>but then get connections to join Google or whatever
parents are retarded

*its not a policy

It used to be a mind-blowing thing for kids to get out of high school without being literate.

Just to put that into perspective.

I can’t see it at my university. At public universities, at least where I live, the salaries are all published in the local newspapers website. The lower people’s salaries aren’t really that special.

I can’t remember what a diversity officer made, but it was unbelievably high. The higher people like Vice Presidents make a ton, but they do have a lot of stress even if their output is essentially worthless in society.

Funniest part was when the shuffled of a Wall St. fuck-up into a C-level position
>oh yeah he's from wall st.
>he must know what he's doing
>because he'd totally take a pay cut like that
>just to cruise at a uni job

Don't even ask me what my Wall St. friends make.

It’s funny because it is really just about ripping them off and everyone I think knows it. We don’t even kid ourselves by saying that Chinese is their culture and we must respect diversity and to teach them English is white supremacy.

only an idiot is stupid enough to get indoctrinated when they are a fucking adult.

then again, idiot is probably the best way to describe liberal arts students

we need to defeat the belief that you can study whatever you want etc.

We had an academic Vice President who was hired because she was a woman and had worked by sisters elsewhere (we are a catholic school).

She ruined almost everything and could not handle stress. She’d freak out on people. She lost a million dollar grant because she couldn’t follow simple instructions, and wanted to do things her own way. She had a major ego.

We’re failing, and just hired a bunch of new Vice Presidents. I just wonder how bad they fucked up their last job to end up in leadership here at this time. Although we have until recently hid the fact we are failing well, so maybe they didn’t know.

I was on a committee to hire someone. He said he had all kinds of tech experience. When he was hired, he could barely used email. I had to do a huge part of his work. He fucked up something simple and cost us $7,000.

He just got a new job elsewhere doing even more advanced tech stuff. They are going to regret hiring him. He lied to them in the interview. I hate that he’s a religious person who wanted to be a priest. He has a religious degree. But he’s just a liar.

Interviews are worthless.

And we need to defeat the belief that everyone is equal and should be educated at a higher level. Some people are morons and will never change.

Research universities have their purpose and should be left alone. The current College structure in the United States is outdated. State universities have become too large and are serving too many cities at once. We need more four-year degree universities that are smaller and serve only the needs of their communities. Every Public School District needs a four-year Institution for its own students. These new colleges will teach only useful degrees that benefit both the community and the student.

Our President specifically said he was going to hire more women in a time when we are failing. Just hire the best person, idiot.

1. Stop government loans, only competitive studies survive.
2. Cut funding, leaves core studies.
3. Get rid of 'pick your GE'. Mandatory studies of western history.

>amerimutts have to pay for education
So how much did you payed for college? I want to laugh

Anybody who uses religion for anything is an automatic Jew.

I like doing the technical interviews because idgaf about your resume and your job games or even how you studied the 700 page bible about how to pass the google interview. The good ones are so easy to spot. But every time they don't meet the quotas and so then I get to remind them they hired the idiot again instead of the guy I could have trained instead of them being idiot professors.

They're not going to get the guy who knows how to be my replacement.

No, research universities are faggot bullshit that needs to be picked apart piece by piece. The Jews will be strung up and have their livers eaten out by birds every day forever.

You can begin by reading, "Foundations: Their Power and Influence" by Rene M. Wromser

Research universities are needed for graduate and phd level work. But they are useless for undergrad. My point was to restructure the system to separate undergraduate colleges from research universities.

I don’t know much about research universities, but I know I was told to do some research for a “visiting scholar” and just told do it quickly for a presentation to the public. It was impossible to find what he wanted, and I swear he just made it up in the end.

Someone else was told to just copy and paste Wikipedia text into a slide for him. This visiting scholar was essentially doing what e celebs do when they copy and paste from pol.

The important stuff doesn't even happen at research universities. You have no idea what's going on.

>Someone else was told to just copy and paste Wikipedia text into a slide for him.
You have a smart mind, user.

25k no denbts

i teach at a flagship state university. not everyone here is a retard you know.

wow ok

What does "flagship" mean in your state?

It means he accidentally hits the L key sometimes.

flagship means best university in your state dipshit. usa has 50 of them.

But what if you want to work for USAID or something outside of the 50? I thought my pic was related.

>christian college
>biology

ikr they they think there's supposed to be skin that rides up over the top of their cocks

what does that have to do with anything i said?

Because our elite universities go to feed the CIA and other such things. Do you know where USAID operates?

Any math/science school is also going to be more conservative. I should know, I'm going to one.
Also, increase scholarships for STEM majors, decrease for things like gender studies. Convince people to major in good things, not complete shit.

>What does Sup Forums think could be done better with colleges in the US?
1. Make state schools free
2. Prohibit employment discrimination against international degrees and certifications as well as military certifications
3. Subsidize trade schools for understaffed industries
4. End affirmative action
5. Require greater oversight at teaching hospitals (ideally you'd make doctors liable for their students, but tort reform already needs to fucking happen and that's an entirely separate mess)
6. Require greater budget transparency from schools as well as shit like graduation rate and job placement rate by degree as well as average GPA by class and even student, staff, and city crime rates
7. Require schools provide 4 years prior notice for class schedules so students can't attempt to get degrees that the school later won't be offering prerequisite classes for
8. Legalize pot, lower the drinking age to 18, ban dry campuses at schools receiving government money, and have the CDC provide free condoms to any school that asks for em
9. Break the oligopoly by national fraternities and sororities cause if this were literally any other industry they would be in ALL THE SHIT with the FTC. Shit's literally a cartel.
10. Ban college football
11. Enact a national insurance mandate for fraternity and sorority houses and require colleges be liable for bankruptcies by local greek chapters so colleges will start requiring lending oversight of greek organizations to prevent banks from preying on dumb college students
12. Start fucking prosecuting school officials for misprision of felonies cause it is the most retarded bullshit how much schools cover up crimes to cover their own asses

>Start fucking prosecuting school officials
I like this one.

For starters, we can think about certain universities and board members party to literally child sex trafficking rings. I might even be in driving distance.

>4. End 80% of scholarships, especially those based on race or ethnicity.
I'm pretty sure that unless it's a state scholarship based on race or ethnicity, none of which I am aware of, that's private individuals and groups giving money to private individuals and groups.

There's no grounds to ban that shit. People are legally allowed to be racist about who they give money to.

FUCK sports scholarships though. Scholarships should be talent based, need based, or tied to residency cause no community benefits from brain drain.

completely cut the student loan program. people who can't afford to go to university should not. if you're poor, try very hard in high and apply to a private college that offers no-loans packages or ones that mostly meet poor students' needs. or apply for scholarships. outside of that, do not go to college.

the number of prospective university students and the number of prospective vocational school students must be balanced. don't make students waste time, their money, and the government's money.

Replace colleges with an AI

Some nice ideas ITT, how about we also stop giving so much of everyone's tuition to worthless meathead shit like grassballkick. A large chunk of the money I give my university goes to sports related bullshit, and I have yet to go to a single game

Why do you give any money? Is there something about it you like?

They already have tax breaks.

at some university's, the sports are funding the university. I fucking hate how sports and academics have become tied in this country though.

Good list, user.

11. Get rid if the kangaroo courts. Report crimes to police and let the professionals investigate.

12. Mandate all publicly funded unis and those that receive tax dollars for research, etc. declare they will abide the First Amendment. The courts have ruled on this repeatedly, so any admin interfering with speeches, assemblies, etc. is willfully breaching students' rights.

13. End admission preferences given to those who have lower SAT/ACT scores. It's a meritocracy. Also end legacy admissions.

15. Reduce number of student visas. Unis are there to educate the citizens first.

Did you not already give your money to the KikeUniversification? Perhaps at Kikeinterest? You did use a goyloan, didn't you?

You sound like my local highschool.

Or like that kid from CA where I could have turned him over to the feds but even though he was getting an education on a sports thing I thought it was good for him to have a chance. Smart kid. Hope he cleaned up and didn't get his gf preggo or wind up a druggie or whatever.

We need a new system.

Free education, with a 1% retention of former student earnings annually to the school.

>I like this one.
I added it cause my college buried a report of a fucking stoning of IIRC 3 students by drunk alumni at a fraternity reunion party. If rumors were to be believed, they had pictures of the shit but it happened off campus so it never ended up with the cops.

Enough illegal shit goes on at colleges that staff don't find out about (fucking kidnappings for sport), they should be reporting the shit they do (fucking drug rings). I kept my head down regarding criminal activity on campus during my college days and I heard all sorts of horror stories. I can't fucking imagine how much shit I didn't hear about that the school buried. I mean fuck's sake one of the fraternities basically got shut the fuck down from parties, school org functions, and recruitment for a year and based on how lightly the school handled fraternities and how tight lipped everyone that knew about this shit was being, it must have been fucking horrible, but nobody went to jail or was expelled for that shit. I mean when a code of silence actually holds on a college fucking campus, you know shit's fucked up.

I'm not going to go in to entirety of it. All the "muh rape culture" is bullshit anyway but I'll tell you this
>be nobody
>be somebody
>they want you in the frat
>think ok I'll see what's going on over here
>enjoy some adult beverages
>frat cook shows up
>hes 40yrs old idk why am I here anyway
>he whips out a fat sack of weed
Mind you this was when weed had a normal potency. But that was cops busting your ass to hell and back amounts.

>university busts me for I won't say what but jesus christ I don't even care
>parents send their children to these places
>universities cover it up like it's daily business

Off the top of my head:
1. Tax at the corporate tax rate any endowment that is over 100 million dollars. Utilize those taxes up help keep social security and other entitlements afloat.

2. Create a national cap on college tuition for private schools that receive federal funds. For example, Harvard receives federal funding, but charges an outrageous amount per year as well as maintain over billion dollar endowment tax free.
Either they follow the national tuition cap or we save on federally funding them (including federal loans for tuition). This goes for EVERY private college.

3. Create a national law that mandates every college must accept every credit from any other college that receives federal funds. (So if someone goes to junior college, then every credit they took will be recognized by the new university)

4.make it a law that it's illegal to force a student to live on campus for anything over a semester in order to graduate with a degree (some colleges are now requiring students to live on dorms for 3 years in order to receive that degree).

5. If racial bias is tolerated in the admissions department than it will be also done in athletics. So no sports team in division 1 college can be over 75 percent one race. Therefore, mandatory scholarships for at least 3 white boys on every basketball team in the nation.

And that's just the beginning.
I don't have to tell kids these days what it's like.

But maybe I'm somewhere in ur universities' bases, bombing ur dudes. I have much more bigger battles to fight than some kids getting messed up at a party.

Serious response?
Remove all of the bullshit course requirements that have nothing to do with your major. Make classes that can be taken online actually taken online. This would reduce cost and time. You could get a Bachelors degree in maybe 2-2.5 years and it would be half the cost.