/cg/ Christianity General - God Still Has A Plan

TT: All pious Christians and those with an interest in the faith are welcome to discuss all aspects of Christianity!

Quick Rundown:

>But user, why would god love me or want anything to do with me? I’ve never been to church and/or I’ve done degenerate and/or truly terrible things in my life!

We can get past that, fellow user! Consider the following:

>Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, “How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard it, He said to them,“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Mark 2 15-17

You see, it is not too late to repent of your sins and seek the love of Jesus in your life. ITT, we come together, and will help each other in any way that we can, so that we too might find inner peace, and a meaningful relationship with Christ!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/watch?v=1KsljBj3UEI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPlBoE1WKcEhwLGIhx70Nmge
youtube.com/watch?v=I0869Fpg3dg
youtube.com/watch?v=vDKG_WFLUi4
youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
godisimaginary.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just here waiting for rapture user

Be honest. How many of you would burn your bible if it meant you could live happily ever after and have lots of babies with pic related

We all are, buddy.

What would burning a bible even mean i could just go buy another one

Bump

>Abandoning your principles for a roastie

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matthew 10:37-38

nooope

Fake and gay. Oh and how is this political?

Don't forget to call your parents.

Deus vult

Glory to Jesus Christ! How are you all doing today?

(You)
I will give you another reply. Those 'lessons' like 'clean your room' sound trite for a reason. They are very well established, The norse tradition and scripture is like a big compilation of lessons like these. "things we have known forever". Religious people don't think god is just one bearded sky man. They equate faith to that that is greater than humanity - think of a stave church that took 300 yrs to build, a great superhuman testament to a higher ideal. This line of inquiry will help you understand what the Gods actually are to the faithful. Good luck and odinspeed.

>odinspeed
kek
this is almost as autistic as saying "Thank Darwin!"
Remember user, Jesus loves you. I'll pray for you.

>Most influential religion in the world
>Irrelevant to global culture

Pick one and only one faggot

That is such a kind reply! I think you missed that I was being wholly sarcastic though. Someone in the old thread needed a little help understanding how autistic he sounded so I put my post into 'his terms'.

Great and God bless you.

Deus vult

Whoops, my apologies user. I thought you were for some reason. God bless.

Checked
I am very impressed with how well you responded to who you thought was that guy. Very nice collection of images you have there as well.

playing with a wooden stick sounds more fun than watch 10 2 hours monologue or something

Thank you! Christ chan is a cute.

This is kind of a random thought, but do you think it would be possible to petition hiroshimoot (or whoever) to put a more generic Christian flag on Sup Forums? I'd like to use it (most Russians on Sup Forums are utter cancer) but I absolutely despise deus vult memes and want to avoid all association therewith.

You don't want to take back the holy land? What's wrong with you?

How about I burn that thot instead?

If you don't care for the content then that is totally understandable.
user, what are your thoughts on pic related? Do you think him some sort of heretic? Always curious to hear the thoughts of someone better educated than myself, spiritually speaking. He's probably the main reason I am ITT right now.
I already have a lady and she wouldn't dream of posting like that for a picture...

Yeah someone in the old thread was mocking someone UNIRONICALLY worshiping Odin, and my my was he autistic....

I don't care how some dead jew feels about me

Well he's wrong about the bible not being history, because it's an undisputed fact that Jesus was a real person, but It's disputed whether or not he actually performed the miracles that we read about in the New Testament, and since he had followers around him all the time, it would be hard to deny that Jesus actually did not do the miracles we read about today. He is right that the bible is essential to western civilization, however, he's wrong about it being not history/spiritual. Just my opinion anyway.

Eh, I don't really care about the Holy Land.
It'd be cool to go there at some point, but I don't think it's some kind of Christian imperative. And I don't wanna get into a huge debate about it right now, but the whole Crusader mentality and the verses used to prop it up (Luke 22:36, Matthew 10:34, etc.) are pretty dumb arguments. I shall now proceed to wait for you to call me a leftist liberal Christian cuck, even though that's not true

>he said, with the official flag of the money-grubber to his name
Cheers user, means a lot to me to hear your take.

Then why are you here?

Just found out Christ-chan and I share the same birthday. Couldn't be more honored.

Well seeing as you're russian, you probably care more about Constantinople than Jerusalem, which is simply not as important to me. It's okay though, people have different opinions. It just bothers me that muzzys and kikes get 24/7 access to our holy land and we get nada.

Yeah I saw him, he was pretty autistic.
God bless.
Nice man!

Fellas, get yourself a traditional lady. It has absolutely renewed my faith, and my capacity to look forward to the future. i'd say it's saved me completely. Look at this message my girlfriend just sent me (it's for the morning but I peeked) (anonized of course):

user, you are my best friend and my biggest inspiration! I love you so much and each day you make me want to strive for the best. When I am sad you are a comfort as I know you will always be there for me and when I feel like giving up I always am inspired by the vision of our future and I know that hard work will get us there! I hope that you also think about our future together as motivation! I know I feel so excited and so so immeasurably happy thinking about our future! user, I love you so much and I want to be the best person ever because that's what you deserve! I am so blessed truly that I have you and that you love me like you do and that I have so much to be grateful for. You say that you are the luckiest user ever but I say that it is a blessing from God! He meant for us to be together and I am so grateful!!! Shakira said that she lost belief in God in one of the most difficult times in her life but she realized that God was real when she fell in love with her now Husband, like it was just so clear to her and so undeniable that there had to be a God because she was so blessed to have him and she felt so much love and how could it be possible without God setting that up for her!? I feel the exact same way, user. You make me believe in the beauty of the world because you love me so much and because I love you so much too. So I hope you have an excellent day and I know I'll have an awesome day as I get to see you. GOOD MORNING user I LOVE YOU!!!!!

regardless of what she says, I am a lucky user! Don't settle for some thot.
>inb4 the shakira reference voids her status as traditional

I don't much care about taking Constantinople either. Just keep in mind man, we look for the heavenly Jerusalem which is to come, whose builder and maker is God. Here we have no lasting city.

Easier said than done, my man, but I'm praying and trying hard! How did you two meet?

PROTESTING HERE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

Oh also I suppose it goes without saying but don't let your faith become dependent on her. If something goes wrong, God forbid, then you need to understand where your allegiances lie.

Good job man. Keep at it. Don't lose her.

Am I in the right place?

Yeah I understand. I just want righteousness and justice to come to those who challenge/fight christ. In the more extreme versions though, I mean. Like what's happening in Jerusalem.

I can't tell you how lucky I got! I happened to meet her in a study space for my faculty. We're both in Civil engineering but in all honestly I've not got a clue why she's at university. She's not sure if she'll stick with her program and work as some sort of secretary (she says she'd rather do that job for an engineering firm than for any other) or just leave school to pursue stuff she sees as more important (being a good mother stuff, no need to fear). I am very thankful that she just had a few consecutive lapses in judgment and happened to end up were she was - we agree that had she given it more thought she wouldn't have been likely to do the 'next thing' and go straight to uni after high school in the first place. Myself on the other hand, I took a year off to work and make sure I was making the right choices for my future. Little did I know then how much it'd pay off! Thanks for asking btw, I love the story myself - we tell it all the time.
Checked, and absolutely understood. She is my partner on this journey - not the reason for it. :)
Thank you user! She's pretty much full 1488 at this point and I can't say I'm doing anything to slow that down. I showed her this:
youtube.com/watch?v=1KsljBj3UEI
(for context I'm a brit at school in canada) and now she's deciding that maybe a couple of kids isn't enough. I have learned in my time to focus first on myself. Improving myself can only make her more loyal, and from experience it does.

Daily Reminder that the 10 Commandments (Law of God) are distinct from the Law of Moses and still in effect – pic related. The righteous character of God is embodied in His Law, it serves to define sin – to deviate from the 10 commandments is to embrace Satanic consciousness.

It is promised in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” – sin is a choice, and so, it can be, and is expected to be eliminated in the life of a Christian by way of faith in Christ Jesus.
The Christian is to follow in Christ’s example and conform to the Law – this is the entire basis of the drama unfolding upon the Earth – without the Law there is no sin, as sin is the transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4), without the reality of sin, there would have been no need for a Savior – humanity’s problem is sin and overcoming it is only possible through the redeeming, character-transforming power of Jesus Christ.
Whoever lessens the centrality of the Law, lessens the centrality of Christ, and whoever does this is speaking on behalf of the Devil. When the Christian is tempted into sin, they must rebuke it through prayer and call upon God for the mind of Christ so that they can endure against the assaults of evil

Matthew 22:36-40 "36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
Yet, Jesus Himself in this statement reaffirms that the Law of the 10 commandments is the Law of love, delineating how we are to properly love God and love our neighbor – the first four commandments of the Law explain how we are to relate to and show our love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, while the last six commandments of the Law show how we are to love our neighbors – 40 On these two commandments (Love God & Love your neighbor) hang all the law and the prophets (10 commandments).
Not only this, but Christ explicitly states, in Matthew 5:17-18 that, “17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Through faith alone in Christ our characters can be transformed to come into alignment with His righteous character, works are derivative of faith, they are the fruits of a transformed character.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPlBoE1WKcEhwLGIhx70Nmge

Wow man, that's amazing. I wish there were women like that around where I live. That vid is really good, have you shown her the "Britian Awake!" Mosley vids?

Is it even a little bit controversial that the Ten Commandments still apply? I thought that was pretty well-known

>open a bible
>get to page 3
>talking snake
Wtf guys do you really believe a snake can, a). talk, b). is more intelligent than people, c.)has a malicious will of its own?The bible is a fairy tale, obv snakes do not talk

Not yet - but I do have them all saved for a later date. Probably sometime soon!
I never thought I'd meet her at school. Some of the most logical advice I was given is that you just have to think about the reasons you ideal wife would leave the house: likeliest cases being errands, church, etc. Those are going to have to be the places you look. it's tough but she's probably just at home keeping busy with traditional things, and if you think about you'd hope that's the case!

I was raised agnostic; it is so wonderful knowing now I have God to thank for the good that has been brought into my life in so many unlikely ways. I've yet to be baptized but I've been attending an Anglican church intermittently. I think if I were to be baptized it'd be in England, in the church in the town I was born in. Seems poetic and fitting. I like everything about roman catholicism short of the pope and am very pleased by the alignment of the church of england for that reason and on a couple other issues, i.e. scripture > church, generally the step away from globalization seems a big plus.

Catholic Catechism removed the 2nd, altered the 4th, and split the 10th to preserve the number "10."

Strange how the only commandment with the phrase "Remember" (the 4th commandment) is the one that so many are so prone to forget and disregard.
The Sabbath was ordained and always spoke about in terms of the 7th day, not the pagan Sunday.
As outlined in the picture, God's Law is Perfect, Pure, True, Unchangeable, and Eternal – so why were these Laws which were written ON STONE BY GOD HIMSELF, changed?

In speaking of the future false-church Daniel 7 describes it as "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."
This beast power would change God's laws and times.

Catholicism & Sunday worship are Pagan derivations.
youtube.com/watch?v=I0869Fpg3dg
youtube.com/watch?v=vDKG_WFLUi4

This is one of the people appointed to argue Luther.

>Catholic Dr. Johann Eck, Luther’s principal adversary, said this in 1533:
There is no mention of the cessation of the Sabbath and the institution of Sunday in the gospels or in Paul's writings, or in all the Bible; therefore, this has taken place by the apostolic Church instituting it without scripture.
The church took the pagan philosophy and made it the buckler of faith against the heathen. She took the pagan Sunday and made it the Christian Sunday. There is in truth something royal, something kingly about the sun, making it a fitting emblem of Jesus, the sun of justice. Hence the church in these countries would seem to have said, "keep the old pagan name, it shall remain consecrated, sanctified." And thus the pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday, sacred to Jesus.ii The Christian Sabbath is therefore to this day the acknowledged offspring of the Catholic Church, as a spouse of the Holy Ghost, without a word of remonstrance from the Protestant world.iii
The Bible says “Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day”. The Catholic church says “No! By my divine power, I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep holy the first day of the week,” and lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the Holy Catholic Church.iv
It pleased the church of God that the religious celebration of the Sabbath day should be transferred to the Lord's day (Sunday).v

user, you aren't being very honest with us nor with yourself.

Catholic appointed to argue Luther challenged him on the Sabbath issue, effectively saying you're honoring our authority by Sunday-worshipping.

>Catholic Dr. Johann Eck, Luther’s principal adversary, said this in 1533:
There is no mention of the cessation of the Sabbath and the institution of Sunday in the gospels or in Paul's writings, or in all the Bible; therefore, this has taken place by the apostolic Church instituting it without scripture.
The church took the pagan philosophy and made it the buckler of faith against the heathen. She took the pagan Sunday and made it the Christian Sunday. There is in truth something royal, something kingly about the sun, making it a fitting emblem of Jesus, the sun of justice. Hence the church in these countries would seem to have said, "keep the old pagan name, it shall remain consecrated, sanctified." And thus the pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday, sacred to Jesus.ii The Christian Sabbath is therefore to this day the acknowledged offspring of the Catholic Church, as a spouse of the Holy Ghost, without a word of remonstrance from the Protestant world.iii
The Bible says “Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day”. The Catholic church says “No! By my divine power, I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep holy the first day of the week,” and lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the Holy Catholic Church.iv
It pleased the church of God that the religious celebration of the Sabbath day should be transferred to the Lord's day (Sunday).v

It wasn't actually a snek. It was a jew ancestor

>implying Russia isn't the holy land

>thinking it was just some random snake

Well in the nag hammadis Jesus says it was him so

is it just me or has pagan-posting dropped significantly

It was all shills anyway.

hymn & lecture playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795

>interest in the faith
my interest is why would anyone have faith in the first place and how do you differentiate between faith, wishfull thinking and willfull ignorance?

What are/were the nephilem?

You already have faith that everything you believe is true. Why would anybody NOT have faith is the better question.

define faith for me.

>God still has a plan
I have a plan too mate, but sometimes I need to shit real hard and I just can't do my plan without walking on the street with shit all over my ass, you know what i mean?

ooga booga yous need jezus

faith(fāth)
n.

Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

n.

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms atbelief,trust.

n.

Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance:keeping faith with one's supporters.

oh lawdy gib me da koolaid

Every man can put himself in a mood only with his thoughts.

Example: I always try to remember how I felt when I roasted someone and he got uppity and it just puts a smile on my face and from then on it's an upward spiral of making fun of people.

In the case with the faith thing it's the same. Listening to christian music, watching christ movies, reading christ books and you at somepoint get to know this feeling very well, the feeling of being a victim and a helpless puppet of a God. So you put yourself in this victim, holier-than-thou mood by thinking or by verbally thinking, i.e. prayer.

that didnt really clarify it at all, if im confident in that im a man, do i have faith?

or are we only going with the second part, because to me that sounds a lot more usefull.
if faith is simply confidence then arent pretty much all beliefs faith then making the term totally arbitrary.

>if faith is simply confidence then arent pretty much all beliefs faith then making the term totally arbitrary.
Yes, lad. Check out the legitimized church of The flying spaghetti monster

I would like to discuss why your imaginary friend is invisible and doesn't exist? Religion is organized schizophrenia.

godisimaginary.com

Faith has a lot of definitions and applications, that's how language works.

It's in good faith to believe you're a man if you exhibit the characteristics of one. How would it be arbitrary?

Retard, saying christ exists is a much as saying that a shit on wheels is our god, you can say anything, it's still uncertain. So your faith in christ is just that - nothing, like my faith in shit on wheels being God. The difference is is that an emperor made people have your faith, whereas no emperor forced people to believe in shit on wheels God.

ok satan

if i have a good reason to believe im a man i dont make appeals to faith.
i see faith as an excuse people give when they dont have an actual reason for believing something but still want to. i use the word faith to mean belief in something without evidence or despite evidence of the contrary.
if you use the word faith to mean confidence or just simply belief without absolute knowledge it becomes useless and leads to arguments like "well you have faith too!", no, i do not have faith in anything and if you can point out a thing i have faith in, i will try to get rid of it by finding a good reason for my belief or stop believing it.

There's more evidence to suggest Jesus was a real person than not. The Jesus doesn't exist claim is intellectually dishonest.

but claiming jesus did exist (as described in the bible) is also intellectually dishonest...

I literally saw people here saying they'd betray the white race for khazar milkers

So your problem is that your grasp of the word faith is narrow and personal to you. Not sure how that's anybody else's problem.

Notice you said you have good reason to believe you're a man, that's having faith that the information you have about yourself is true. Faith is not restricted to there being a lack of evidence, that's believing something without any reason to.

Orthodox or die

>define faith for me.

Hebrews 11:1
>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24
>For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Faith is defined in the Bible, and it's beliefs you hold for which you do not have direct empirical evidence for, but that you count it for true based on the character and testimony of those who tell you of it, or based on the foundation that the claim rests upon. e.g. When you believe that your wife is "faithful" you believe exactly that, as you do not (presumably) have a livestream seeing her all day but judge her to be truthful when she makes an accounting of her sexual fidelity to you, as you consider her to have integrity and honesty in her actions and promises. For Christianity, the person you must have faith in is the one God provided of his only begotten son.

Let's explore faith further. I will be posting Hebrews chapter 11, the faith chapter.

How was Church yesterday?

Not necessarily. His crucifixion was recorded, and his parables and stories of his time were preserved through word of mouth until the new testament was written. The fact that there are historical records that are from the correct dates to corroborate his existence, and the fact so many people knew and spoke about him only gives weight to it.

If he were anyone else, no one would have any reason to doubt that he existed. It's only because he is a prominent religious figure that people do doubt it. There are records for many people who lived and died, and we accept in good faith that those records are true if multiple reliable historic sources recorded their existence.

>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.

>Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

>By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

>By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.