Nadia

This was pretty good, ending sure had a few surprises.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_complex
youtube.com/watch?v=TVzkqQMatok
youtube.com/watch?v=izw22kGVGzc&t=925s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just rewatched Castle in the Sky and I still can't decide if it's better than Nadia in the end.
Both are extremely similar in their themes and tropes, and both are good (aside from Nadia's Africa arc).

What do you think about Conan?

Never seen it, it's been sitting in my backlog. Is it worth watching? I really like the "kids going on an adventure to find the remnants of an ancient civilization" theme.

Yeah, it's an even earlier iteration of the Laputa/Nadia story. It's okay, but not as good as either of the other two and the most different of the three (it's loosely based on a book).

>not as good
I'll watch it anyway, but why?

>Africa arc
Man, that was the only really bad part.

This reminds me, I found the backstory to be kinda similar to Fullmetal Alchemist, mostly because of the function of the Blue Water/Philosophers stone and then the whole ancient civilization thing too, which made me wonder if they both draw from the same source earlier source, or if Fullmetal took from Nadia.
I couldn't find any connection between the two when I searched it though.

The scope is a lot smaller, for one, and it's less "mystical ancient civilization", and more post-apocalypse. You'll be able to tell it's an earlier attempt of some of the events you see in Laputa, Nadia or even Nausicaa. It's not bad, it's just prototypical.

Its Anno's best direction imo. It was early career before he injected meaningless imagery and symbolism whenever portraying something poignant.
Haven't watched Shin Godzilla and Love&Pop yet but he does it pretty much everywhere else even Karekano.
I still enjoy his work dont get me wrong, but pic related is my favorite scene from him ever.

Shin is very fast paced, so if you've ever seen his Cutie Honey film, it's like that but more serious. Just a little more serious.

It certainly had some amazing assets.

Thanks for letting me know. Even more hyped now.

What scene is this from?

When that crew member bit the dust.

Oh. Why Anno create these characters for literally one epsiode and kill them off? He didn't even exist before the episode of his death.

He did the same thing with that guy in Gunbuster. Toren Smith or whatever.

They were proto Kaworu characters.
But the death in is pretty hard hitting. Its the first horrific moment for the innocent, naive main characters and its presented at first like some sort of noble moment till the crew member starts losing it in spectacularly blood curdling fashion.

Actually, Nadia's outline predates both Laputa and Conan.
Miyazaki actually wrote the idea of two orphans ending up on the Nautilus and going on adventures around the world with Captain Nemo in the early 70s.
The TV studio he was working for at the time(I want to say Toei, but I'm not 100% sure) didn't think it was worth anything and so tossed it on a shelf.
Miyazaki left that studio and went to Nippon Animation. He tried to get his Nadia story from the old studio but they told him to shove it, so he adapted it into a new story about two orphans going on adventures around the world, this time with more airships. That was Conan.
He took his idea of a magical blue crystal necklace being the key to an ancient civilization when he made his movie about the flying whore. I mean Laputa.
NHK eventually get get a hold of the Nadia concept, but Miyazaki wasn't interested in working on it anymore and they shopped it around to various animation studios.
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto led the Gainax pitch for it and was originally slated to direct the whole thing. But he gave up after one episode and handed the reins off to Anno and the rest is history.

Yeah, it was probably Toei.

She's in her early teens.

She's 14 when the series begins and turns 15 before the end. Perfect breeding stock age.

I fail to see the issue.

>dat fucking nipple slip

every time

Damn that's some insane resolution stitch

Explain that term to me please

t. lazy layman

What?

You mean "stitch"?
In this case it just means an image made by "stitching" together multiple screenshots to form a single image.
is an example of a computer-generated stitch that takes a shot every frame and melds them together to form one image.
and this are hand-made in that they were manually captured images put together in Photoshop and manually blended together to hide the seams.

Please continue educating. With more stiches of Nadia.

It's funny because looking at the borders here you can definitely see how the studio focused on Nadia's thighs.

I lost most of mine in a hard drive failure. I've only remade a few since.

Loved the series.

My favorite part was where Jean sings this "love" song to Nadia. It starts out nice enough, then just keeps going...and going, and then he starts insulting her it, and it still keeps going, and going. Everyone's reaction to it is awesome.

No wonder she grew up to do what she did

Nadia was and remained a petty bitch though.
All the other female characters were better.

That's certainly gonna stop me.

She does grow up and change significantly throughout the series.
Still, canonically worst girl.

The extras were great.

Seriously though, how does a orphan circus slave even grow to be as spoiled as her?

Who voted for Nadia?

Then who did Jean vote for?

Electra

Maybe she was the star attraction or something.

She grew up into a teenage girl. She's not any more stuck up than a typical teenage vegetarian.

One fine attraction indeed

Good fucking god.

>Electra
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_complex
Is Nadia true deep?

youtube.com/watch?v=TVzkqQMatok

What was their marketing, 'come see our delicious brown teen'?

To be fair Nadia probably introduced a bunch of kids to their first chocolate waifu.

It was the late 1800's if you go by other circuses of the time it's very likely that that was part of their marketing.

Wouldn't her fetus have been killed by those shocks?

I assumed she only got impregnated like the night before or something.

This is too lewd and she's fully clothed. Send help.

Pffft, it takes far more than that to fuck up Nemo's kid.

Which Nadia do you want?

foreverial tiedup

Second, third and fifth thanks.

Naked Nadia

But they all look the same naked.

Now onto Melody of Oblivion.

>produced by Gainax
>animated by JC staff
What does that even mean?

Is the movie actually worth watching? I remember dropping that shit hard after it wasted the first half hour doing a goddamn recap of the whole series, looking worse than even the most rushed episodes in the series

It means it's a Utena clone.

No. No it's not.
It's worse than the Africa Arc.

Not when the FBI traces your IPs and knocks on your doors.

>FBI
>wasting time with cartoons
America ain't some third world shithole like Australia that's banned lolis.
Of course, if Trump gets impeached and Mike Pence takes over, it might happen.

I've been seeing more Nadia threads ever since Mother's Basemen brought it o light.
youtube.com/watch?v=izw22kGVGzc&t=925s

>I'm afraid we have to take you in, that drawing was under aged
I'm glad we live in reasonable times

grass on the field

>the movie actually worth watching?

why
why did you remind us??

That sounds great

so any thoughts on this?

nadia is ok. it has a style that people remember fondly; i'll still listen to the OP and ED on occasion. but it had some shitty animation direction(budget cuts) and hang time that seemed pointless. should have had more sub battles

>shitty animation direction
Only in the parts not directed by Gainax. Which were the Island/Africa arcs.

I liked the part on the island when she was showing off the inventions in the dream.