Pope attempts to rewrite Lord's Prayer

Jaxson Young
Jaxson Young

Well, there goes the support for the Pope. Is he guided by those Psychologists? Deus Volt

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8gVyv_h3c
youtube.com/watch?v=HLYWgb8DeOs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arian_controversy
biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/6-13.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=GGBHfXPqbgI
youtube.com/watch?v=T3d94JSOXUc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
youtube.com/watch?v=h9fws69tSuw
youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY
youtube.com/watch?v=4rujNoN2PAg
biblelight.net/Sarto-homily.htm
jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm
catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father

Angel Rodriguez
Angel Rodriguez

What does it take to be considered a heretic in this day and age? Can the pope be considered a heretic, or does what he say goes with no questions asked?

Anti-pope when?

Aiden Cruz
Aiden Cruz

the Pope

Jace Martin
Jace Martin

you niggers do realize he is trying to make the spanish wording (that has always said "do not let us fall into temptation") of the prayer canon over all other translations
no big deal

Lincoln Diaz
Lincoln Diaz

The line in question that's changing

Caleb Scott
Caleb Scott

And if that was the only thing anybody had against him I don't think people would be complaining... but the list goes on and on.

Hunter Hall
Hunter Hall

lutheranism intensifies

Oliver Flores
Oliver Flores

Exactly, he's just correcting a mistranslation, that's fucking it, no big deal.
Of course Sup Forums is already screeching

Caleb James
Caleb James

rare

Austin Gomez
Austin Gomez

This is honestly a nothingburger. Of all the things Pope Francis has done, this one actually has some merit to it.

Carson Long
Carson Long

Out of all the shit the papalcy has done over the ages this is it? This is the one thing that makes you say "nah Jesus wouldn't like that"?

Nathan Fisher
Nathan Fisher

Considered a direct connection to God by the people; rewriting Christs words is a no go.

Owen Gray
Owen Gray

deliver us from evil

Austin Myers
Austin Myers

He's the only reason why I haven't converted to catholicism

Parker Jackson
Parker Jackson

im sure the fact that you are a degenerate has nothing to do with it

Leo Davis
Leo Davis

The new religion created at Vatican II already has:
new liturgy
new dogmas
new saints
new sins (and not-sins)
new vestments
new architecture
new music
new orders
new devotions
new rules
New prayers could be far behind. It'll be "improvements" to translations at first. That's how they started on the liturgy. Eventually they'll be entirely new.

Henry Baker
Henry Baker

Seems reasonable. But Sup Forums is full of overreacting teenagers and drama queens so the reaction is predictable.

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

what god meant to say...

Christopher Johnson
Christopher Johnson

First of all you're mexican
Second of all that's not the point

Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez

be Vatican
be running low on monies because of all the hookers and blow (and diminishing church attendance)
schemin.gif
change 2 words in the lords prayer
update all catholic text and books
profit from sale of revised texts and books

this is some real jewish teir shit

Connor Gomez
Connor Gomez

makes sense to me

Dominic Morgan
Dominic Morgan

tl;dr: there has been no real pope since the death of Pie XII in 1958

Jonathan Ramirez
Jonathan Ramirez

They're just making Catholic church to reflect more what it is, and pander the church's core audience. It's becoming dominantly South American religion, they are outbreeing European Catholics.

Jacob Hill
Jacob Hill

I am fully prepared to hate this satanic fucker, but he's right about the translation.

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

he already declared the devil to be God.

Nicholas Watson
Nicholas Watson

lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil

The line as a whole doesn't really imply that God is tempting us. It's basically a plea for one thing (deliverance from evil) over another (leading into temptation). I can understand why you might want to change it, but don't see the need as no one would really ever interpret that way.

Levi Jenkins
Levi Jenkins

Remind me where the "Lord's prayer" even exists in the Bible. Who gives a shit if he wants to rewrite a prayer that was made up by someone.

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

yeah sure give him access to change the prayer im sure he won't put his own agenda into it.

Cameron Ross
Cameron Ross

Changing the literal words of God and his instructions on how to talk to God.
Is that all? This is why America doesnt want spics because you guys are incrementalist that are used to being subjugated.

Daniel Reyes
Daniel Reyes

inb4
"Thank you god for this wonderful bounty of shota and traps oh how we will give them to the muslim warriors of hope as offerings oh mighty lucifer"

Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell

Of course it's reasonable. Radical revolutionaries always start with something reasonable. No one just installs a hot tub in a traditional church out of the blue one day. They change things one reasonable step at a time, until one day it's possible.

People now think it's "reasonable" for a pope to wash the feet of Muslim trannies on Holy Thursday, or give Holy Communion to atheists. No one would have said so 50 years ago, even the radicals. It takes time to simmer the frog up to boil.

Hunter Garcia
Hunter Garcia

The English becomes tortured very quickly, which
Let us not be led into temptation
Prevent is from being led into temptation
Rather ghastly.

Xavier Green
Xavier Green

I agree it should be written in arabic and not english.

James Cook
James Cook

amen

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

the muslims invented numbers and letters you know?

Nolan Ramirez
Nolan Ramirez

The change has already happened recently in France.
It's purely about correcting a mistranslation. To be fair, I don't like either the old (which implies God himself leads you into sin) nor the new (which implies that God should prevent you from even being tempted into anything, which is puerile and radical). Souldn't it say "Let us not give into temptation"?

Asher Ramirez
Asher Ramirez

Give him "access to it"? Is it just like some secret room to have to get into gain control over the prayer?

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

more like convince everyone not to stab him to death if he starts writing a new one.

Mason Walker
Mason Walker

Yeah, because the bible was verbatim what god said.... In English... In the middle east... Thousands of years ago. Why are religious people so unintelligible?
Send us a postcard from the creationist museum!

Luis Reed
Luis Reed

Dude, just read what mexican said earlier in this thread. In Polish it's also "don't lead us into temptation" ("... I nie wódź nas na pokuszenie..."), which implies it's God who is tempting us, while we know its Satan who is tempting us.

I'm against most of the things this Pope says, but this particular change is a good idea.

Henry Long
Henry Long

God Controls everything master of all Alpha and Omega to imply God has no control over tempations is heretical and detracting from God's power, Makes alot of sense the Pope thinks lucifer is god and now he wants to Change AO's words.

He will drop dead, screen shot this.

Michael Hill
Michael Hill

"Falling" into temptation makes it seem like you are at no fault at all. Like sin just happens to you on accident like stepping in a puddle.

John Martin
John Martin

In reality the translation is appropriate because you do some fucked up shit and God is all like "heres some aids riddled traps you fucking faggot have fun"

God does lead us to temptation its up to us to be a Good Worshipper and Go "Stop it God you faggot"

Matthew Lewis
Matthew Lewis

Yeah. If he changes anything important in some spiritually degenerate way, I will be glad to the first one with a torch to go burn down the snake-Vatican. Which really should be done in any case.

Zachary Edwards
Zachary Edwards

Or is the Pope trying to say God will never Tempt us implying he is master of God?

Because theres some verses about what to do with people that say these kind of things.

Chase Lewis
Chase Lewis

the spanish translation is as old as the english one
there is nothing revolutionary about the changes

Landon Price
Landon Price

You can fall into a trap set up by Satan. Fallen angel is also what some people use to describe someone pure turning evil.

Matthew Kelly
Matthew Kelly

rewriting Christs words is a no go
The bible has been poorly translated and rewritten countless times.. From (possibly Aramaic/Hebrew at first) Koine Greek to Latin to English to Burger.

Fucking Burger education..

Caleb Lopez
Caleb Lopez

what's the religion called?

John Ward
John Ward

He's not changing it, but the translation, come on.

Josiah Cooper
Josiah Cooper

Scientology-tier tactics

Andrew Jenkins
Andrew Jenkins

But God literally created the forbidden fruit in Eden just to deny it to Adam and Eve.

I'd say he's got a bad track record in terms of leading people into temptation.

Brayden Bailey
Brayden Bailey

god spoke in english
kek

Nolan Martin
Nolan Martin

Luciferian.
They do shit like vid related.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLYWgb8DeOs

Don't care about some shitty prayer he said a demon was God.

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

What's wrong with understanding the human mind you backwards cock muncher.

Carter Foster
Carter Foster

This is just about the least offensive thing any religious figure has done in quite a while.

Jonathan Taylor
Jonathan Taylor

I remember this chapter in Animal Farm.
He didnt speak your filthy pig latin. Its about meaning not the language itself dumb ass. Again "falling" into temptation removes the fact that there is choice involved. Translating it that way means the meaning is changed regardless of keeping the original text. Stick to wearing pointy shoes and leave the thinking to us.

Matthew Miller
Matthew Miller

And that's key. The real Church doesn't go around changing prayers that have worked fine for centuries because someone came up with a tweak. The Church is very conservative (in nature, not talking politics), and only makes changes when necessary. Councils are only supposed to be called when there's a heresy or attack on the Church to battle, for instance. You would only change the translation of a prayer if there's a problem with people taking it the wrong way. There's no heresy spreading out there because people think that line means God will lead us into sin if we don't talk Him out of it.

The funny thing is, fake pope Frank *has* talked about how God wants us to sin, because He just loves forgiving us that much. Like if we don't ever sin, we're bumming Him out. So Frank may suffer from that heresy, but no one else does.

This is just a revolutionary wanting to fuck with something because it hasn't been fucked with before. Nothing more or less.

Joseph Mitchell
Joseph Mitchell

So it's not changing it in every language.

In Portuguese we already say, do not let us fall into temptation, or "não nos deixais cair em tentação" and I think in Spanish it's the same

William Cruz
William Cruz

IF anything, the anglo translation comes the culture that spawned a bunch of hereic spin off religions and its untrustworthy

Kevin Davis
Kevin Davis

Pope is declaring Satan has power over God.
Incase you didn't understand that part.

Brayden Lewis
Brayden Lewis

Slippery slope m8

Juan Morales
Juan Morales

God IS the only one that CAN send you into Temptation because he hardens your heart and closes your mind.

if he changes this prayer he needs to rewrite the entire fucking bible.

Mason Ross
Mason Ross

Satan has no control over Christians , Pope says otherwise implying Jesus was a failure in his mission.

Michael Torres
Michael Torres

No idea what he's on about. "Not" is primarily modifying "into temptation", not "lead us" Everyone knows it means "Lead us out of and away from temptation". No one was mistaken into thinking it places blame on the Father.

It's the "but" right after which is a bit off, could easily be "and" imo

Some previous user was right that Francis's suggestion undermines free will and puts too much onus on the Father to preventing sin from occuring

Brody Taylor
Brody Taylor

so what's the closest translation to original?
I always thought about it as "don't expose us for temptation"/satan/test. And this is how it's translated in Polish. But in english is "lead" which would imply God is leading you into sin, which is kind of stupid and should be changed imo.

Liam Rivera
Liam Rivera

or maybe the anglos who mistranslated the bible into your mutt language are the ones who overwrote it and most of the rest of the world has used the correct wording for decades

Camden Garcia
Camden Garcia

You do realize Popes communicate directly with god? They can change whatever they want, since god tells them to change it. Pope is the spirit of god on earth.

Anthony Parker
Anthony Parker

I mean, it's kind of "lead" in Polish too, but it's more ambivalent than in English

Christian Torres
Christian Torres

without the father we would not have temptation.
Its fundamental to use even having a relationship with God.

Its perfect as is if they change a single word it loses its connections to the other verses.

Are you telling me a degenerate child murder who kisses the feet of muslims has any idea about the connectivity in the bible and would change it for the better as opposed to literal theologists ?

Ian James
Ian James

Dude (or dudette?)God created the fruit as a test, and gave us free will. It was Satan (snake) who convinced Eve to eat that fruit. God literally said "you can eat everything except that fruit."

Oliver Bennett
Oliver Bennett

See this post not "lead us" Everyone knows it means "Lead us out of and away from temptation"

Colton Powell
Colton Powell

Francis is a catholic psyop to get normies to wake up and support SSPX

Caleb Thompson
Caleb Thompson

So Judas was right then was he ?

Josiah Rivera
Josiah Rivera

give the pope more kids cause thats how he talks to god right ?
Fucking sick.

Camden Davis
Camden Davis

Are you telling me a degenerate child murder who kisses the feet of muslims has any idea about the connectivity in the bible and would change it for the better as opposed to literal theologists ?
im telling the canon spanish translation are every bit as official as the english one, if not more (because it didnt spawn protestant degeneracy), and it has always been worded the way the pope says

this is another issue of burgers thinking somehow that their english version of the bible is somehow even more legit than the original one, because they are completely retarded

Ayden Moore
Ayden Moore

that's Satan's department
I bet Job is thrilled to hear that only Satan ever does bad things to people.

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

centuries of christians get along just fine and create the mightiest society across the planet just fine reciting a prayer that includes the line "lead us not into temptation"
oh shit we better change it now

Reminder, never ever let leftists have control of your language.

Isaac Ramirez
Isaac Ramirez

The (((Spanish))) were cryptojews (sephardics), especially people that went to the "new world" and created Jesuit ran cryptojewish colonies like Argentina where the current pope is from.

Oliver Brown
Oliver Brown

I literally don't care your entire religion is in a garbage can because the higher ups rape and murder children.

Christian Allen
Christian Allen

A bad idea. It weakens the credibility of Christian texts.

Jaxon Rivera
Jaxon Rivera

he is the anti-pope

Wyatt Bailey
Wyatt Bailey

I only care about the victims of christianity.

Bentley Howard
Bentley Howard

Israel reestablished
check
Capitol Jerusalem
check
wars and rumors of wars
check
Sodom and Gomorrah on fire
check
Antipope
check
Muslim conquest of the West
in progress
New Temple built
the only loose end

Jose Allen
Jose Allen

The truth is probably somewhere between what I said and what said.

It kind of depends on whether the "but" is in the original or if it's just KJV poetry

Landon Gray
Landon Gray

Give this dude a mop and bucket. He's clearly bored out of his mind. Idle hands and whatnot.

Blake Jackson
Blake Jackson

Matthew 6:9 -13

You should actually read it sometime.

Sebastian Robinson
Sebastian Robinson

Wizard apu is my favorite, every time I see it I want to read some fantasy books.

Jackson Brooks
Jackson Brooks

he really is.

Carson Scott
Carson Scott

God literally sends Satan to tempt people multiple times in the bible, God uses the things of this world to his ends.

Job is a great example of this and also a great example of not falling to the temptation.

Nicholas Green
Nicholas Green

Not this meme again
It was Hindu Dravidians

Henry Gonzalez
Henry Gonzalez

Honestly there isnt anything wrong with his proposal

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

Dravidians
Inventing things
They cant even make use of existing inventions like plumbing and toilets.

Colton Adams
Colton Adams

do catholics really think they have a better understanding of Catholicism than the pope?

Anthony Young
Anthony Young

that's exactly why he did it
he knows hatred for him has been growing due to the obviousness of his satanic agenda
so he did something where he knew the kneejerk reaction to it would be accusations of heresy
so when the correction came and people said "wait, this is actually good", it would create a malaise of doubt about whether anything else he did was actually bad either
this is the true intent of this action, which is itself 100x more evil and insidious than the out in the open vanilla heresy 99% of people first think it is

Adrian Wilson
Adrian Wilson

Just like "love thy kin" is rephrased to "love thy neighbour" in english. Ye, what could possibly go wrong

Julian Robinson
Julian Robinson

With this pope, yes.

Cameron Edwards
Cameron Edwards

The only thing muslims invented was slavery I was just joking.

Runskit is pre-hindu by the way and is european.

Asher Davis
Asher Davis

love thy kin
Ahmed its pretty obvious you haven't read the Bible.

Jaxon Anderson
Jaxon Anderson

Which one?

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

the bible is a MK Ultra manual for brainwashing a peasant caste into willingly becoming docile servants
what a depressing cuck move it would be to actually pretend you believe this shit
i doubt there are even any actual christians on Sup Forums, maybe 0.2% on this board have ever even touched a bible
you all just collectively pretend to go along with christianity because you get a hit of dopamine from anything that makes redditors upset
4 years ago you were all fedora-tippers

Adam Cook
Adam Cook

How do christfags explain the degeneracy of the church if it is God's, and thus immune to the kikes?

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

Because the church, however tiny the minority of its members, has survived and will survive all adversity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arian_controversy
At this point 97% of christians were heretics. We survived. We will always survive.

Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy

Clearly not the one your Imam teaches from.

Jaxson Jenkins
Jaxson Jenkins

you niggers do realize he is trying to make the spanish wording (that has always said "do not let us fall into temptation") of the prayer canon over all other translations

We have questions like the Pope has, only maybe in the first 5 years of Christianity. It sounds like this Pope has no fucking idea what Christianity is, and someone just told him about the Lord's Prayer.

The thing is, the premise of Christianity is that you leave Jesus's words alone. He's perfect. You touch them, you give yourself away.

Zachary Scott
Zachary Scott

We need to change the Lord’s Prayer because the Lord taught it wrong
Btw in the original Greek it’s “lead us not”

Henry Green
Henry Green

Luckily I have a copy of the original here:

mi eisenekis imas eis peirasmon
alla rusai imas apo tou ponirov

"don't bring us in to trial,
but ransom us from the penalty"

ne nos inducas in tentationem
sed libera nos a malo

don't lead us into trial,
but acquit us from a bad end

It's a plea for forgiveness for sins we've already committed, not a request to keep us from committing sins in the future. The Latin translation is fine here. The English translation was fine as well until "temptation" lost the meaning of "try in court."

Nicholas Miller
Nicholas Miller

You dumb fuck it was wrong in the anglo translation, christians from many other languages used the right translation since the start.

Eli Powell
Eli Powell

No he’s not. In the original Greek (and Roman Catholic Latin) it’s “lead us not into temptation”

Daniel Brooks
Daniel Brooks

What does it take to be considered a heretic in this day and age? Can the pope be considered a heretic, or does what he say goes with no questions asked?

Welcome to Protestantism.

Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson

running low on monies
that's most likely wrong, and then the rest of your rant is too
the church is probably the richest organization in the world

Angel Turner
Angel Turner

I bet Job is thrilled to hear that only Satan ever does bad things to people.

(Job 2:10)
He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

Jaxon Harris
Jaxon Harris

No. In the original Greek it’s “lead us not into temptation”:
biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/6-13.htm

Dylan Perry
Dylan Perry

Pater noster, qui es in coelis; sanctificatur nomen tuum:
Adveniat regnum tuum; fiat voluntas tua, sicut in coelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie: Et dimitte nobis debita nostra, sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris:
et ne nos inducas in tentationem: sed libera nos a malo.

Our Father, who is in heaven; your name is sacred/blessed/hallowed:
May your kingdom come/arrive; let your will/intentions be done, as it is in heaven, and on earth.
Our daily bread, give it to us today: and forgive our debts/wrongdoings, as we forgive those who are indebted to/have wronged us:
And do not lead us into temptation: but liberate/free/deliver us from evil

There's a lot that get's lost in translation in the last line, but the sentiment is essentially "God doesn't lead us towards temptation, but rather frees us from evil"

Liam Russell
Liam Russell

lead us not into temptation
this is homophobic/dykephobic/narcophobic/islamophobic/transmutationphobic/dinduphobic
implying temptation to sin is core practice of these groups

Caleb Kelly
Caleb Kelly

insert article about swedish frmale bishop advocating for gay marriage
insert pastor wanting to change God to be a woman
protestants are not heretics
ok

Aaron Morales
Aaron Morales

No it isn’t. God “makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust” (Matthew 5:45). Stop trying to domesticate God. Fuck you satanic Catholics.

Brody Wood
Brody Wood

This. Catholicism is vile

David Thompson
David Thompson

translation
Its pointless to argue over it since the second half of that petition remedies the absurdity by asking God to deliver them from evil.

And as James points out each person is dragged away by their own evil desire it make no sense to read that prayer in that way.

Christopher Mitchell
Christopher Mitchell

how pathetic would the average Japanese man think you were if he were to view this thread translated and see a bunch of grown white men arguing over fairy tales as if they're real
meanwhile his people are effortlessly surging toward a bright future without such a pathetic crutch as religion being necessary just to get along with each other
you should all be ashamed of yourselves

Samuel Wilson
Samuel Wilson

God leads us away from temptation and evil
STOP SAYING THAT YOU SATANIST!

Anthony Gonzalez
Anthony Gonzalez

japan
Found the weaboo.

Jacob Cox
Jacob Cox

it make no sense to read that prayer in that way
This is how Jesus taught this prayer. Adjust your theology to fit his teachings, don’t adjust his teachings to fit your theology. Your problem is you fell for the Satanic lie that God is your cuckdaddy and he can’t possibly do anything that hurts your feefees in this life, like testing you to separate the wheat from the chaff: you lost the fear of God.

Aiden Campbell
Aiden Campbell

implying we give a flying fuck about you or your opinion

Jaxson Johnson
Jaxson Johnson

booty status: blasted

Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards

Orthodox fag here. Obviously I don't like the dude, or his church, but I don't see a problem with this. I mean, you fags realise the only true version of the prayer is in Koine Greek, right? And that it isn't always straightforward to translate Koine Greek to English?

Do you know what "effective method" means? Look it up. Ancient Greek was a more effective language than any modern natural language. Almost nothing is left open to interpretation. Not so with modern languages, especially English (a nightmare in terms of effectiveness).

The Bishop of Rome is criticising the English translation, nothing more. It doesn't affect me since I recite the prayer in Greek (can also recite in Latin and Russian). It's kind of amusing that Christian larpers (protestants) could get their knickers in a twist over this - you faggots can't even read the original Gospels and have no idea if the translations you read are accurate. Fuck, some of them are translated from Latin, having been translated from Greek. Ever hear of Chinese whispers? This is what you heathens worship - a third or fourth hand translation. And you call us heretics for placing equal emphasis on tradition. No, adhering strictly to tradition helps to prevent being misled by modern interpretations.

Caleb Williams
Caleb Williams

The fear of God leads to righteousness there is nothing wrong with the prayer and nothing that needs to change from it.

To say "God tempts" is inconsistent with Scripture. God does not tempt people into sinning for to do so would be inconsistent with his revulsion of sin and what has been taught in Scripture.

If you're so devout you would not misuse the Lord's name for your vein frivolities.

Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee

be a faithfag following a 2000yo religion based on a 4000yo religion originally built purely on hearsay and oral tradition
be suddenly worried about accuracy of a one fucking word after all that time
literal brainlets

Juan King
Juan King

Ah thanks user, those are good points. That is why this didnt sit right with me earlier. It is like a slippery slope, trying to see how much power and how much he can get away with really. He has no power over me, but this will ripple into Christian churches too so we need to be prepared to call out sin where we see it.

Henry Baker
Henry Baker

youtube.com/watch?v=GGBHfXPqbgI

John Ward
John Ward

It's clickbait. He wants to change "Lead us not" to "Do not let us fall" because the former implies God leads you into temptation.

I would still be against it because I don't trust him.

Aaron Reed
Aaron Reed

Amidst all that boasting and bragging you still did not resolve the problem by doing us all a service and translating it.

Christopher Wright
Christopher Wright

youtube.com/watch?v=T3d94JSOXUc

The Lord's Prayer has already been rewritten for those experiencing Mandela effect.

Robert Fisher
Robert Fisher

His change isn't even a change.

I mean it's already a translation. He would just be altering the translation.

That being said it's a silly change to even make. Anyone with some knowledge of the bible knows how to read the Lord's prayer and knows what it's saying.

Of course most Catholics are heathens that simply repeat the Lord's prayer 15 times whenever they masturbate and think their ceaseless repetitions will somehow absolve them of sin. So perhaps this is better for them.

The rest of the Christian world understands this is not the correct way to pray and realize the Lord's prayer is an example, not a mantra to be repeated endlessly.

Owen Brooks
Owen Brooks

good point

Mason Morris
Mason Morris

They'd probably be used to it desu, at least they're not coming up to random people on the street and trying to recruit them into reciting sutras.

Joshua Miller
Joshua Miller

"Do not bring us into trial, but free us from pain" is much closer to the literal meaning.

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

Of course most Catholics are heathens that simply repeat the Lord's prayer 15 times whenever they masturbate and think their ceaseless repetitions will somehow absolve them of sin. So perhaps this is better for them.

That’s a good a description for Protestants you heretic.!

Kayden Lewis
Kayden Lewis

Can the pope be considered a heretic
always could, btw.
Francis of course, is one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism

Adam Long
Adam Long

the Lord's prayer is an example, not a mantra to be repeated endlessly
What heathen denomination are you that would think something like this?

Luke Robinson
Luke Robinson

Oral tradition subjected to thousands of years of natural selection...
We have a track record of success. Our beliefs are conducive to survival. Yours are not (yes, this has been studied).
Ever consider the irony that nature selects you and your fellow atheists for extinction, again and again?
So who's the idiot? And why does it matter when my genes win no matter what and yours are marked for death (by suicide)?
Inb4
Christians can't believe in evolution
Burger denominations aren't Christians - they reject the central premise of the new covenant (by identifying Jew's as god's chosen people) and insist the Bible is literal truth when Christ spoke in parables. Catholics (Roman, Orthodox, Coptic, etc.) don't believe that. We don't think the world is 3000 years old or that our distant ancestors kept pet velociraptors.
The ToE doesn't explain how life was created - doesn't even attempt to. It explains what happened to 'life' once it had been created. Natural selection is entirely consistent with the Christian faith.

Ryder Baker
Ryder Baker

he has a valid point but you should never tamper with something this engrained

Gavin Gutierrez
Gavin Gutierrez

as someone who a attends both ordinary and extraordinary forms I can say you're greatly exaggerating. a proper novus ordo can be a beautiful thing. it's more to do with the execution of it by individual priests who may have their own agenda.

Samuel King
Samuel King

Yes. As a matter of fact right before Jesus gives us the Lord's prayer he says this:

Matthew 6:7

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

But I guess Catholics never read that part

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

The point being, Jesus gave us words to say and you're rejecting them

Connor Robinson
Connor Robinson

Natural selection is entirely consistent with the Christian faith.
Survival of the fittest. Literally the opposite of social justice. kys

Ian Sullivan
Ian Sullivan

what is the rosary prayer?

Brayden Kelly
Brayden Kelly

new orders
new order
new world order

Logan Cook
Logan Cook

He was referring to another kind of ((prayer))

Jacob Price
Jacob Price

Thanks. The Pope has issue with God’s role in “leading” us or “bringing” us towards something “bad” and you support my point.

Carter Bennett
Carter Bennett

You have to be larping

Matthew 6:9

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

After this manner therefore pray ye

After this manner

manner

It doesn't tell you to repeat his exact prayer. It tells you the sort of things to pray for.

Praising god, acknowledging his power and will, asking for things you need like your daily bread (needs not wants), forgiveness, praying for those who have wronged you and forgiving them, praying for protection/strength to withstand temptations, etc..

It doesn't lead anyone to say repeat these magic words 50 times in a row and your sins are forgiven.

It specifically says the opposite of that right before it begins.

John Moore
John Moore

This is the pope we need but don't deserve

youtube.com/watch?v=h9fws69tSuw

Parker Ramirez
Parker Ramirez

What's your bible (((translation)))?

New American Bible:
“This is how you are to pray:

Jeremiah Turner
Jeremiah Turner

Wasn't Christ the one who came up with the prayer? Is he saying Christ was wrong?

Evan Brooks
Evan Brooks

youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY

Ethan Hall
Ethan Hall

twisting what I said
God can lead us/bring us into a situation where Satan tempts us. I didn’t claim God himself tempts us. However the Pope here is taking issue with the fact that God can lead us into temptation, which contradicts the Lord’s Prayer AS JESUS TAUGHT IT.

Caleb Robinson
Caleb Robinson

#NotMyPope

Samuel Morgan
Samuel Morgan

No you faggot, the Latin and the Greek literally mean a "trial" of evidence in a court of law before a judge. The "pain" means "punishment" or "penalty."

It's asking God not to take us to judgment but to free us from punishment. The modern translations only sound otherwise because we forgot temptation meant a courtroom trial.

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

Yes. That’s exactly what the Pope is saying. That he knows better that Jesus.

Cameron Richardson
Cameron Richardson

lol that's the thing about believing in the Bible, you have to consider ridiculous questions like whether it's okay to change some words of a prayer. stay cucked, crypto-kikes

Dylan James
Dylan James

KJV is what I'm quoting there. But I generally use bibleworks and have comparative works all up at the same time with the original manuscripts.

Not that I can read Greek but you can tell sometimes if they are adding or subtracting a bunch of stuff.

Anything with "new" in it is trash.

Austin Taylor
Austin Taylor

After reading what I wrote, you ask that? Not sure if you're a gold-tier shitlord, or dumb as rocks.
Anyway, the problem is with the word "lead". It's not coincidence it's spelled the same way as the metal. Lead is the heaviest metal and had significant alchemical significance. So, in Latin, "lead" is ultimately derived from "draw (from)". To think - ducere - is to "draw from two (sources)"*. A "leader" is drawn from the populace. The original semantics have been lost/muddied over millennia.

*literally what thinking is - the process of contrasting observed reality with expectation. You cannot 'think' without making a contrast between two objects/events - try it. The contrast *is* the 'thought'. Reality is emergent in the sense that we hallucinate/imagine most of our real-time experience (based on historic observation), while our brain focuses only on the contrast between the historic data and any new information.

Adam Hernandez
Adam Hernandez

The Pope is saying that the modern translations are misleading you fucking idiot. God isn't the one who leads us to being enticed by sin, but he is the judge who takes us before his throne to examine our works, he is the one who renders judgment, and he is the one who administers the penalty.

That is what the Koine Greek says, as well as the Vulgar Latin and Elizabethan English translations says. In Modern English it incorrectly implies that God leads us to sin.

Xavier Gutierrez
Xavier Gutierrez

KJV
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anything with "new" in it is trash
In that case, Good News Translation:
This, then, is how you should pray:

Jordan Foster
Jordan Foster

mistranslation
spanish is the original biblical language

Gabriel Ross
Gabriel Ross

He already is the Anti-Pope. Benedict is the true Pope.

Julian Reyes
Julian Reyes

There was no bible as we know it then therefore the only way to maintain this idea to illiterate heathens was for them to cite this repetitiously and ceremonially so that people do not forget. Then you had priest who were trained in the understanding of the passages that would express the kind of things you are saying. This is where there is a fundamental misunderstanding between Catholic practices and protestant interpretations. These practices were adopted to strengthen and spread the word throughout historical times that were often far more barbaric and politically turbulent than even we can imagine. Im not a catholic but I have been coming to see the deeper reasoning for the outward practices of Catholicism when put into historical and social context instead of some backwards revisionist interpretation.

Camden Brown
Camden Brown

Thank God I'm not Catholic. My Christianity is one of oldest unreformed form

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. (Matthew 4:1)
This is the kind of experience that the Lord’s Prayer is referring to where the Holy Spirit literally leads you into a situation where the devil tests (or puts you through a trial to determine) whether you are wheat or chaff by tempting you with sin.

Mason Morgan
Mason Morgan

Is he saying Christ was wrong?
Nope. It's a matter of translation. In quite a few languages, that's how it already is.

Gabriel Harris
Gabriel Harris

No faggot. See:

Tyler Adams
Tyler Adams

In those shitskin languages the translation is wrong.

Levi Ward
Levi Ward

Research KJV's horrendous mistranslation of Revelation. They literally used a commentary on revelation, they had no manuscript for it

Or all the arbitrary changes King James made, himself, for no apparent reason

Aiden Morgan
Aiden Morgan

This. They already:
Changed the rosary

Removed the Devil's Advocate against canonization (the person who argues that the human in question is flawed, which helps see who is deserving of sainthood)

Removed the entire office that oversaw that what the Church put out was in line with Scripture

Changed the vows a priest swears upon becoming a priest

Changed the Baptism rites

No longer publish the Vatican announcements in Latin, this is critical as no matter where a priest was from he was taught Latin so everyone was on the same page.

No longer conduct any of the services in Latin
Jesus is removed from the Cross in most churches

Candles were replaced with battery candles

The pulpit is often sunken in churches instead of being raised

A whole slew of other things that alter the perception of the practitioner and were historically used to consecrate ground and ward off evil. Now, after a few decades, we see an enormous uptick in corruption and sheer evil come out of Churches. Geez, it's almost like they forsook their God's protection.

Gavin Price
Gavin Price

can you impeach a pope?

James Sanders
James Sanders

Kek. These fucking shitskin Cucktholics.

Robert Harris
Robert Harris

Then why is the KJV so horrifically translated across multiple languages with lots of inconsistencies?

Jeremiah Morales
Jeremiah Morales

how

No matter the translation you use it never says "repeat after me" or anything even close to that.

And you still have not and almost certainly will not address Matt 6:7

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Because that would end the discussion right there.

He is telling you how to pray, in what manner to pray, not giving you a series of magical words.

Catholics are told to repeat the prayer over and over. As well as other prayers that aren't even in the bible.

So please explain Matt 6:7 if this endless repeating is a good thing

Samuel Young
Samuel Young

The problem is that Catholics elevate their cultural norms and claim they're divine.

Connor Phillips
Connor Phillips

He's a Zionist
Nobody should be falling at the feet of ANY man.
Everything about that Vatican and pope shit is creepy and goes against the Bible.

Isaiah Morris
Isaiah Morris

duco is a cognate to English tug. But phoro is a cognate to English bring.

Don't pull us into trial.
Don't carry us into trial.

Basically it means: "Don't forcibly drag us into a courtroom to be tried, but instead set us free from the punishment."

Aiden Lewis
Aiden Lewis

Technically, he's right.

Colton Scott
Colton Scott

Maybe. Do you have an example?

Brayden Young
Brayden Young

Fucking heretics. He's correcting a mistranslation.

Charles Cruz
Charles Cruz

lead into temptation: show the way into temptation which may or may not be followed
draw into temptation: take someone even against their will and thrust them into temptation
Stupid Pope and stupid people who support him

Camden Turner
Camden Turner

Note, you could also say "create from" - the thought is 'created' from the contrast between two tokens - or, strictly speaking, the contrast *is* the creation.

Ceres - creation deity

Or you could translate it as "guide to". Note though, the key point is that "five-reel" can mean "to lead" or "to think" or "to draw (from)". In terms of etymology, it comes from "duo" (two) and "cere" (creation).

So do you understand why translations can get fucked up? Especially after retranslating into other languages, and after thousands of years of semantic drift?

Francis is clearly correct. God does not tempt us. Ever. It's fundamentally unchristian to suggest otherwise.

Jayden Johnson
Jayden Johnson

this is a common misunderstanding, lucifer basically means that one who illuminates, so most arch-deities would fall in that category, european judeochristianity is heavily attached to the sun-god concept because of the former deities of the region, so this is "normal" in a way

Jacob Bennett
Jacob Bennett

thats fucking Bolivia you knob

Levi Roberts
Levi Roberts

Catholic cowards refuse to respond to this post:

Hudson Taylor
Hudson Taylor

Your ad hominem makes your argument so strong that I can't compete.

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

I don't think you nor the pope understand the verse pretty well. Of course I have no clue what the original version says, but the translation I know makes perfect sense.

God is in a way also the devil or he at least uses the devil as a tool to test us. At least there are manifold stories in the bibel that show the circumstances as such.

Also all of us are god or at least have a part of god in us, according to the holy trinity. So basically when you pray to god to do or not do something you also pray to yourself. So "lead us not into temptation", could also be understood as "I hope I don't lead myself into temptation" or something.

Well whatever, I hope you get the idea that the Pope is a complete fool and doesn't even understand his own sky wizardry.

Liam James
Liam James

priests not marrying
confessing in church
prescribing X number of arbitrary prayers
worshipping Mary and other saints when the Bible expressly forbids it (they insist they're "praying to them for intercession" but that's not how praying works, they don't have any more weight with God than you do)
Etc etc
All of these things they claim are doctrine, not just culture.

Mason Jenkins
Mason Jenkins

Popes communicate directly with god?
So can anyone. Where in the Bible does it say only the popes can?

Brandon James
Brandon James

Also all of us are god or at least have a part of god in us, according to the holy trinity.
Yeah, no. You need to read the Bible. The triune God does not include humans, or any part of us.

Matthew Reyes
Matthew Reyes

He led Jesus to be proven righteous in the desert. That's what the "temptation" was. The "temptation" of Christ is why the meaning of temptation changed from "proving the validity of something, especially in court" to "enticement to sin."

Like how "prodigal" is used to mean "rebelliously abandoning," but it actually means "wastefully extravagant." The parable being called the Prodigal Son made people associate the word with the core problem represented by his actions, not the descriptor of one of his actions. Likewise the Temptation of Christ in the Wilderness was conflated with the nature of the Trial, which was whether he could resist enticement by Satan in to sin. The Spirit led him to be tested. God leads us to situations where we will be enticed to sin. God will always give us opportunity to sin in this life. We're not asking him to take that away, but to be merciful to us should we fail.

Jayden Reyes
Jayden Reyes

We're all niggers.

Michael Young
Michael Young

What is the holy spirit, for $500?

Henry Gomez
Henry Gomez

Isn't it written down in your bible, "I have said that ye are gods"?

Christian Hernandez
Christian Hernandez

THE HOLY SPOOK.

GET IT RIGHT, YOU CHOCOLATE CHUCKING CRACKER!

Luke Jackson
Luke Jackson

Maybe I'm wrong. Will you say a prayer for me, user?

Isaiah Sullivan
Isaiah Sullivan

I knew a non-European Pope was a mistake

William Price
William Price

youtube.com/watch?v=4rujNoN2PAg

Kayden Thompson
Kayden Thompson

I'll zzzzuuck ya dick.

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

Fucking spellcheck...discussing etymology not easy when phone posting. "Five-reel" = "ducere"

Cere is a creation/source. It comes from "to draw (from)". "Ducere", therefore, is "to draw (from) two (creations)".
And it's the word for "think" in Latin, as well as "lead".
The assumption is that one cannot create without drawing from two existing creations.

But the word simply doesn't mean that anymore. It probably hasn't meant that for several thousand years. Or rather, it does, but that's redundant information - we 'know' what "lead" means and don't need to know how the word was derived.

Ancient/Koine Greek is very literal. Semantics are spelled out very clearly. A word like "ducere" would be inimical - the ancient Greek would write out the whole thing i.e. "he was drawn from" rather than "he led".

Kayden Martin
Kayden Martin

Go play outside.

Hudson Scott
Hudson Scott

I'll play with that man meat between your legs.

I'LL SLOB ON YOUR KNOB, LIKE CORN ON THE COB!

Justin Martin
Justin Martin

I mean, I this isn't really that big of a deal on it's own, but I don't care if it's not "accurate". It's the prayer that we've been saying for hundreds of years like that, and that's how it should remain.

A few years back, at least in english speaking countries, there was another major reform of the translations of our prayers for things like the nicene creed and other stuff said in church every sunday. And it rubbed me the wrong way, not just because they changed how it's been said since vatican 2, but so much of it was pedantic bullshit like making things gender neutral (like changing "men of good will" to "people of good will")

Gabriel Carter
Gabriel Carter

I'll zzzzuck your dick as well, nigger man.

Jayden Allen
Jayden Allen

Ah! A millennial faggot that knows 3-6.

Joseph Wilson
Joseph Wilson

don't you dare blaspheme the phoenix!

Henry Ramirez
Henry Ramirez

Jesus is removed from the Cross in most churches

Wait, what are you talking about? There are two parishes I go to and both still have the crucifix hanging above.

Elijah Fisher
Elijah Fisher

heretical post of the day

Justin Young
Justin Young

ITT protestcucks who wish they had a pope to lead them

Jose Gomez
Jose Gomez

its a nuchurch episode

Dylan Adams
Dylan Adams

In about 50% of Catholic Church's here removed Jesus as soon as frank said it. Try finding a church with Jesus in Canada protip you can't.

John Kelly
John Kelly

You Catholics need to listen to the Pope. He is Jesus Christ himself on this earth, according to him.

Proven correct on this page: biblelight.net/Sarto-homily.htm

Jason Morales
Jason Morales

What's the reason given? I thought having just a cross instead of a crucifix was a protestant thing because those fags are uptight about "muh idolatry "

Ryan Wright
Ryan Wright

That's not how papal infallibility works. Only when speaking ex cathedra.

Luke Howard
Luke Howard

Why did Q post the full prayer a few weeks ago?
Now this comes out?
Another coincidence?

Adam Price
Adam Price

Honestly I hate catholic cucks and I hate the fucking pope but this actually makes sense to me and I actually agree with the pope on this, it is translated badly

Leo Cooper
Leo Cooper

Sedevacantism is obviously true

Matthew Mitchell
Matthew Mitchell

still giving a fuck about a jewish desert god and a jewish sect and the (((church))) which pushes the destruction of Europe and

Aiden White
Aiden White

fucking pope,even worse than i thought.

Adam Bennett
Adam Bennett

Seems reasonable to me

Eli Wood
Eli Wood

but that's latin, so not original. English is translation of translation of translation

Joseph Anderson
Joseph Anderson

But inducas is subjunctive, along with ne before it indicating potentiality.

Libera is imperative indicating a request.

And may you not lead us into temptation...but deliver us from evil.

I have no knowledge of Aramaic so can't comment on the accuracy of this translation.

Mason Davis
Mason Davis

hurr derp muh fittest
You don't know what that means, do you(?)...
It means "most adaptable" (to natural change).
Also, you haven't contradicted me. Christianity has been, historically, "fitter" than atheism. You were more likely to survive if you were Christian. If you were athiest, your genes were more likely to die off.
And that's still the case (true for most religions vs. atheism). Atheists have the fewest offspring.

So, do you see? Nature tends to select you, and people like you, for extermination. And since nature is deterministic in the absence of free-will or miracles, it was always going to be this way - if you eat get drunk on the fruit of the tree of knowledge, you won't be able to get it up.

So you'll be forgotten. Unless my descendents choose you as a case study when discussing suicidal ideologies.

Cameron Clark
Cameron Clark

The Gospels were written in Koine Greek which was a common language in the region at that time. You might want to cross-reference the names of certain places/books in the New Testament with a map...and a history book

Kayden Williams
Kayden Williams

Jackson Phillips
Jackson Phillips

I was late to church once, the new priest then called my mother and I heretics and other remarks causing her to cry, so I told him to fuck off in front of God and everyone. I'm considered a heretic even though he was caught diddling children. Yet the Pope can change the prayer and no problems. The establishment of the church is far gone heretical.

Andrew Phillips
Andrew Phillips

So what, will debtors or trespassers be forgiven?

Adrian Sanchez
Adrian Sanchez

You don't know what that means, do you(?)...
It means "most adaptable" (to natural change).
No it doesn’t. It’s a tautology. It means those who survive, survive (whether it’s adaptability, superior genetics, or just luck). That means the pieces of shit that need help from social justice are not meant to survive according to the designs of nature. In fact it’s the relentless competition and boundless cruelty of nature that has produced everything you consider to be good, beautiful, and true.

William Thompson
William Thompson

volt

amerimutts everyone.

Angel Butler
Angel Butler

#

Joseph Ward
Joseph Ward

So?
The new testament was finished in 1611, your kike religion has regularly changed shit. Stop pretending doing so goes against your kike god when it's always been a thing for you

Brandon Harris
Brandon Harris

Using that pic
Being a christcuck
Hang yourself

Jaxson Nelson
Jaxson Nelson

Doesn't make sense at all, Jehovah is clearly an asshole, psalm 89 made that clear, the Book of Job goes even further. The "translation" stays.

Jordan Taylor
Jordan Taylor

Anti-pope when?

You're looking at him.

Ian Collins
Ian Collins

literal words of God
You can't be stupid enough to believe this

Christopher Scott
Christopher Scott

Well God also doesn't like other gods, he is very jealous. Odds are he tests everyone like you are saying with Lucifer who is essentially Loki from Norse Mythology. He does it to see who should be saved and truly does have faith and who doesn't.

Henry Sanders
Henry Sanders

Yes exactly. That’s why changing the words of the Lord’s Prayer to hide this truth is ignorant at best and Satanic at worst.

Isaiah Butler
Isaiah Butler

Yeah I agree, the best trick the devil did on people was making them believe that he didn't exist.

David Morgan
David Morgan

Mmm...
Fishy...

Here in Argentina we chatolics learn
"Y no nos dejes caer en la tentación"

Which is literally translated to:
"And do not let us fall into temptation"

Basically we NEVER said that is the lord who is tempting us.

Wtf burgers.

Samuel Miller
Samuel Miller

If you notice, all the cucks in this thread defending the Pope are ignoring the fact that the canonical example of a test/trial/temptation in the Bible starts with the Holy Spirit leading Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil, which is what Jesus is referencing in the Lord’s Prayer (the word translated as test/trial/temptation is the same in the original Greek in both passages).

Ryder Wilson
Ryder Wilson

That...

Or the english version is a mistranslation from the very begining and part of the reason why burger christians are so cucked and love to lick israeli-jew cock so much.

The italian version sounds closer to my spanish version and the new version that the Pope is proposing.

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz

niphater
found the chinaman

Lincoln Richardson
Lincoln Richardson

Wasn't Christ the one who came up with the prayer? Is he saying Christ was wrong?

Christ didn't speak english you retard.

Wyatt Bailey
Wyatt Bailey

hell, read the old testament stories where God had tested a faithful follower who had everything he could want, by taking away everything to see if he was still faithful afterwards.

Ian Jones
Ian Jones

All papists are heretics

Austin Moore
Austin Moore

Ok sage and go home guys. I mean fuck, op.

John Perry
John Perry

The original Greek is closer to the English than your faggot language. There’s also this which BTFO everyone supporting the Pope:

Jayden Cox
Jayden Cox

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Tyler Edwards
Tyler Edwards

Faggot. See:
But of course you’re too much of a coward to address this.

Daniel Sanders
Daniel Sanders

So you'll be forgotten. Unless my descendents choose you as a case study when discussing suicidal ideologies.
You say you are Christian yet here you are so proud. Shame on you.

Ryder Scott
Ryder Scott

That’s not what the Lord’s Prayer says. It says “lead us not into temptation”, not “tempt us not”. It doesn’t imply that God can tempt you, it implies that God can lead you into a situation where you will be tempted by the devil which indeed does happen:
But of course you are too much of a faggot coward to respond to my post.

Sebastian Thomas
Sebastian Thomas

the pope isa muslim
great chisma here
let us become orthodox

Andrew Butler
Andrew Butler

I think you misquoted me, because I was not talking about the Lord's Prayer.

Jose Richardson
Jose Richardson

What the fuck has social justice got to do with this discussion. God/the Church offers no justice in life. Justice comes later. Fuck off with your commie Christian memes.

Aiden Morgan
Aiden Morgan

BEGOME ORDODOX :DDD

Andrew Brown
Andrew Brown

Sure, let us bow down to idols

Leo Wright
Leo Wright

Calm down there protcucks, it's not "what God really meant to say is..." it's more like "this translation of what God said is trash, we need to fix it".

Luke Gomez
Luke Gomez

Then your post was off topic

Colton Foster
Colton Foster

No it wasn't, I was replying to the American who said God tempts people, he doesn't the bible says he doesn't temp anyone.

Sebastian Murphy
Sebastian Murphy

No faggot coward liar. The English translation is closest to the original Greek, see:

Jack Campbell
Jack Campbell

Thinks he can reword a prayer made by Christ himself. Nice try.

Nicholas Robinson
Nicholas Robinson

kek

Dominic Taylor
Dominic Taylor

I don't support the pope.

But degenerates leafs from "Sodoma & Gomorrah" commie land aslo known as Canada are not any better.

Maybe you are one of those "based canadians" who want to save what is left of their land, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

But i'm watching you, you fucking leaf.

Nathaniel Hall
Nathaniel Hall

Context matters. Look at the chain of posts he was replying to.

Hunter Perez
Hunter Perez

Daily reminder that protestants are only second to the Jews when it comes to lying. Even though Pope Francis is liberal and can be seen as over the top, he has not and will not make any changes to the Church.

Benjamin Taylor
Benjamin Taylor

It's not a mistranslation. God tests people.

Nathan Evans
Nathan Evans

Source faggot

Ethan Phillips
Ethan Phillips

I don't give a shit, I'm replying to HIM fuck off I bet you're a queerbecker papist.

Dominic Ortiz
Dominic Ortiz

The fuck, no, Stan isn't even a thing. It's fucking god leading us into temptation to test us. How does some retard like that become a pope? I'm a fucking atheist and know more about his dumbass religion, jesus christ.

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

Catholics never changed the church
jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm

Evan Nguyen
Evan Nguyen

You can't really expect this sort of understanding from laymen.

Colton Phillips
Colton Phillips

That’s not what the Lord’s Prayer says. It says “lead us not into temptation”, not “tempt us not”. It doesn’t imply that God can tempt you, it implies that God can lead you into a situation where you will be tempted by the devil which indeed does happen:

You see, this actually make sense.

Andrew Reyes
Andrew Reyes

Unfortunately the Pope is too much of a retarded faggot high estrogen tranny to desire what is true and holy over what feels good.

Jaxson Baker
Jaxson Baker

Nothing stays the same forever. The Church should thankful at this stage that they still exist.

Oliver Sanders
Oliver Sanders

He's not changing the English translation, he's changing the Spanish translation you twat.

Jeremiah Ward
Jeremiah Ward

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD, I change not

Noah Hernandez
Noah Hernandez

Jesus-is-savior.com
Opinion discarded. That website is literally "hurr everyone is the devil but me!"

Jack Bennett
Jack Bennett

He is already considered a heretic and may be tried during the next months. However, this may lead to another schism, so Catholics are kinda wary of that.

Also, the Pope is only considered infallible when speaking "ex cathedra", which basically doesn't happen ever.

And thridly, Francis isn't really the current Pope, Benedict still is.

Leo Roberts
Leo Roberts

No. He wants to change the English translation to be like the Marxist Liberation Theology Spanish version.

Gavin Williams
Gavin Williams

The papist cult is evil, they are no different from muhammedans. Slay anyone who criticizes their man made doctrine

Hunter Fisher
Hunter Fisher

t. Protestant following a man-made doctrine

Robert Flores
Robert Flores

Tell me what man made doctrine I follow since you know me so well

Jacob Stewart
Jacob Stewart

The Chair of Peter created by Jesus Christ himself is evil
My man made church which has no apostolic succession is better

Gabriel Price
Gabriel Price

What is scripture alone

Brayden Garcia
Brayden Garcia

Did Jesus come down from Heaven and tell the popes to introduce things like the rosary? Or to call the pope father? No he didn't this was all introduced after Jesus' death, saying the Catholic Church is unchanged after 2,000 years is completely false. Look how many posters despise the Vatican II situation, well what about all the other changes they made before that? Oh but it was before the 1950's so nobody cares. Jesus told us not to set aside Gods commandments in favour of man made doctrine

Mason Anderson
Mason Anderson

False. Jesus did not create a “Chair of Peter”. The Rock is Jesus. Simon Peter (more precisely Simon Kephas in the original Aramaic) means “heard the Rock” (Simon means “hear/listen”, Kephas means “rock”). Jesus gave Simon this name at their first meeting when Simon answered the call to follow Jesus.

Owen Carter
Owen Carter

Papists believe Jesus went to Rome and built a church there, and this church hasn't changed at all in 2,000 years. Except in the 60's with Vatican II but everything was perfect and unchanged before then except when popes started introducing concepts such as the assumption of Mary (introduced in the 20th century)

Easton Morales
Easton Morales

you ever supported this pope
bahahahahaha

rope yourself faggot, it's the only way for you to redeem yourself

John Young
John Young

Did Jesus come down from Heaven and tell the popes to introduce things like the rosary?
Nope Mary did that :^)
Or to call the pope father?
That goes back to Paul, the Apostle of Jesus Christ, 1 Cor 4:15

Angel Carter
Angel Carter

disgusting newfag

get out

Ayden Wood
Ayden Wood

For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

I don't see it, but I see this

Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Chase White
Chase White

Papists believe Jesus went to Rome and built a church there
Stop lying, it was Peter who went to Rome, Jesus ascended into heaven. This is why protestants need to swing with the Jews on the day of the rope, your tongues are just as silver as theirs.

Caleb Adams
Caleb Adams

Like it or not, it's like that faggots.

Andrew Rodriguez
Andrew Rodriguez

Considered a direct connection to God by the people; rewriting Christs words is a no go.

Totally agreed. Jesus was all about God's will being done, and not questioning the rightness, wrongness, agency, or permissiveness of said will.

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."
"Thy will be done . . . lead us not into temptation . . ."

Tomorrow at a Greek Orthodox church it will be the original Greek with the correct translation.

Xavier Wright
Xavier Wright

The typical papist, cannot spread his belief by words alone so much use the sword, just like your Saracen friends in Arabia.

Juan Gray
Juan Gray

Matthew 23:9
Are you even trying? catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father

Liam Rogers
Liam Rogers

Lmao popecucks utterly btfo once again

Gabriel Brooks
Gabriel Brooks

When does the idolatry start?

Leo Lee
Leo Lee

Yes, is there something wrong with the bible? I believe what Jesus said

Jose Howard
Jose Howard

Cannot spred his belief by words alone
Yes we can, that's why we have the biggest and most powerful Church in the world :^)

Jaxson Powell
Jaxson Powell

Based Martin Luther

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

Nothing wrong with the Bible, are you enjoying the book that the Catholic Church wrote? :^)

Juan Powell
Juan Powell

Pride goes before the fall

Logan Powell
Logan Powell

No graven images here, leaf. Windows to heaven abound though.

Cooper Gomez
Cooper Gomez

This is false. The Old Testament was already established at the time of Jesus (the Septuagint). The New Testament is just the collection of books that were universally used by all Christians. The Catholic Church merely recognized what was already there. They had nothing to do with it’s composition.

Jayden Cook
Jayden Cook

How many muhammedans are there?
I didn't realize Moses was a catholic it's okay if I bow down to and kiss idols

Grayson Williams
Grayson Williams

Exactly, you "everyone is the devil but me" protestants will be joining the jews, saracens and pagans on the day of the rope.

Henry Miller
Henry Miller

At least we won’t be burning in hell for eternity like you will be

Benjamin Foster
Benjamin Foster

why do you try and show us what the bible says I don't care if the bible and Jesus says not to do this the papist church says it's okay that means it's okay

Jason Ortiz
Jason Ortiz

For you, if you say so. And be sure and go to an empty heaven while you're at it. And I mean 100% empty. As in, you're the only person who shows up, ever.

Luis Cooper
Luis Cooper

English definitely isn't it either.

Mason Howard
Mason Howard

I don't ever want to be alone in Heaven, I want eryone here to be saved I used to be a papist until I started reading the bible and I saw hey well something isn't adding up, who's in the right God or the pope? Well the pope is only human God is perfect, his words are perfect and I believe them fully, a full belief in his words is contradictory to what the church teaches so I couldn't call myself a catholic anymore.

Ryder Price
Ryder Price

At least we won't be burning in hell for etrenity like you will be
Implying man made churches, old believers who refuse to accept that Jesus is the Messiah, a man made cult and neo dirt kissers are all gonna get a one way ticket to heaven
Cleetus Chang, please

Daniel Hall
Daniel Hall

How does a thread about changing the Lord's Prayer turn into an "Everyone else is going to Hell thread"?

Reboot thread??

Easton Wright
Easton Wright

No, it isn't. Romance languages are closer to Greek than English is. Stop pretending to know stuff. You're an idiot.

Jose Green
Jose Green

Where in the scripture does it say that the scripture is the authority of everything? If the scripture is the sole authority of everything, then what dictated Christianity before the New Testament was written? (By the Catholic Church nonetheless) Did they just wing it? You protestants are pathetic.

Cooper Rodriguez
Cooper Rodriguez

Context matters. I’m saying the translation of the Lord’s Prayer into English is more faithful to the original Greek than the translation into Spanish. The original says “leads us not into temptation”, not the bullshit the Pope is spewing.

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

I'm not proud, nor am I Roman Catholic. Just stating facts.

t. Orthodox

Leo Brown
Leo Brown

what dictated Christianity before the New Testament was written?
Jesus

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit