Catholics think Pope/Priests can Forgive sins

Pope/Priests does not have power to forgive sins. Stop confessing your sins to them.
Also stop praying to saints and hailing Mary.
They can't do shit. Only God through Jesus Christ can forgive sins.

fuck off english teacher

Nippon is smart.

Every Christian knows that confessing sins to Jesus Christ and having faith in Jesus Christ can lead us to salvation.
No need to suck a priests dick or pay money.

bro do you even office of the keys

Bro, do you even Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Sola Scriptura, Solo Christo, Soli Deo Gloria?

John 20:19-23

>On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. He said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”

Matthew 16:18-19

>And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Luke 5:24
"But, so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,"--He said to the paralytic--"I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home.

>christian
>jap
wut

Ave María

Out of context:

Luke 5:21-24
>Then the scribes and Pharisees began to ask themselves, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who but God alone can forgive sins?” Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them in reply, “What are you thinking in your hearts? Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, rise, pick up your stretcher, and go home.”

This passage is more an argument for the trinity than anything else.

Matthew 16:18New International Version (NIV)
18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Rock meaning Jesus Christ, not Peter.

>New International Version (NIV)

I actually kek'd at your ignorance. It's the other way around: Peter means rock. Matthew 16:18 is the exact point where Jesus changes Simon's name.

Only God through Jesus Christ has AUTHORITY to forgive Sins.
Humans don't have authority to forgive sins much less turn water into wine, or resurrect the dead
If Pope/priests can turn water into wine or resurrect the dead, I will convert into a Catholic

This is where 'in persona Christi' comes into play. When the priest says the absolution, the Holy Spirit (who is Christ because Trinity) speaks through the priest to let you know that your sins are forgiven

1 Peter 2:6
For this is contained in Scripture: "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE, AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

>New International Version (NIV)

Yes, and?

People of the modern world have a sense of inherent equality, and often resent any assertion of authority. Of course, equality is true in a certain manner, and utterly false in another. It is true that all people have equal worth – no one life is more valuable than another. But by almost any other measure, we are not equal, because we are not commensurate. I am of equal worth, but I am not as smart as another. I am of equal worth but I am not as talented, or handsome, or wealthy, or wise, etc. Apparently, intelligence, talent, beauty, wealth and the like are not the proper standards of comparison when we speak of equality. But our interior sense of equality often makes us assert equality where none exists.

This is particularly true in the spiritual life. I am sometimes told, “I do not need to confess my sins to a priest. I can pray directly to God.” A young man said this to me recently and added, “The Bible says we should only confess to God.” I pointed out to him that he was actually incorrect, that in its only mention of confession, the Bible says we should confess our sins “to one another.” He was surprised and dismayed.

The Scriptures also speak of elders and leaders and obedience and respect and many other things that have no place within the spirit of democracy. The young man’s mistake was to think that the Bible affirmed his democratic world-view. But the Scriptures belong to the world of the Roman Centurion.

Much of what today passes for Protestantism is nothing of the sort. Rather, it is a thinly veiled cloak for the democratic spirit at “prayer.” “Salvation by grace through faith” is a slogan for individualism, a Christianity “by right.” There are no works, no requirements, only a “grace-filled” entitlement. For the ultimate form of democracy is the person who needs no one else: no Church, no priest, no sacrament, only the God of my understanding who saves me by grace and guarantees that I can do it alone.

Where in the scripture does it say that mortal humans can forgive sins? Only God through Jesus Christ can forgive sins.

I pity the fool who confessed his sexual fetishes to the pope/priests who records it and uploads on youtube. That's messed up.

>where in my cherrypicked, wrongly translated subset of the scripture does it say stuff I don't agree with, (which I would have sure not to include or to mistranslate anyway)?

Luke 20:17
But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone'?

Stone means Jesus, not Peter, Jesus is the stone that Jews reject,

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

>Where in the scripture does it say
Did you even read ?
>the pope/priests who records it and uploads on youtube
That's an excommunicable offense.

Same with you; this justifies papal authority and has nothing to do directly with forgiveness of sins.

uh priests dont actually forgive sins they just act as a mortal focus to lead you through the ritual to have god forgive you. lrn2catholic

we all know that roman catholics and protestants arent christians.
/thread

Once again out of context.

Yes, my bad. I had the one in John in my mind and acted too hastily with google not remembering the exact verse.