Overlord

It is positive that Ainz would be able to conquer the New World and even create a new empire, Sorcerer Empire or Nazarick Empire. But lets be honest, great empires always fall, the Roman empire, Mongol empire, British empire, Persian empire etc. Ainz's luck would also run out one day. Do you think Ainz's would also fall inevitably? or will Ainz will make an exception and rule for eternity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rStL7niR7gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Romans didn't have God-weapons. The majority of threats to Ainz he will have dealt with just by establishing this empire. Otherwise, he's fairly untouchable considering that even those concidered ridiculously powerful are pushovers to him.

Ainz is immortal and not burdened by human frailties such as strong emotions. His empire is a pet project that he has a vested interest in maintaining. His minions are loyal and incorruptible. He is nothing like the petty human empires you have listed.

Sieg Ainz!

did someone say Overlord thread?

>Ainz's luck would also run out one day

After some time he will get bored and begin doing self-destructing shit.

it already did
everyone wants the d but hes all bones

Its the other way around. He sacrificed his d for all the luck and nat20s.

This. He has an organization of 100% loyal minions with at least 10 of them being world-ending entities.

The only chance his empire will fall is if another top player guild enters. The thought of a GVG battle end would be fun as a finale though.

The entity that was Imperial China is still around in the form of an authoritarian Republic.

Will we Ainz wear pic related ever again?
Seriously, your wizard wish he was dressed as cool as him.

>see*
Do not bully me.

Empires fall cause emperors change and humans are afflicted by emotions/desires.
A skeleton is automatically free from madness and big emotions, plus he is immortal so he wont need someone to take his place.

Aside from players or aliens, nobody is going to seriously challenge Nazarick. I do wish Ainz sets his sights toward the stars at some point because the major oversight in MMO's is that aliens could exist beyond the planet. There seems to be a misconception (barring the ayylmao memes) that aliens didn't exist before technology evolved to realize they could exist.

If not, I want to see him dress up as Ghost Rider and ride a motorcycle. I think Ainz was unfortunate in that he got reincarnated into a boring, middle ages era universe and not a cyberpunk techno future where his Ygg spells still function.

>Ainz
>Free from emotion and madness
Well, Ainz is blatantly cheating with the power of his magic and Nazarick.
It's a good reason to assume that for him a relative utopia is a feasible project.
The only ones who can shatter it are the other players, if Ainz isn't meant to be the last one to arrive.
New players will need to deal with the fact that once they reveal themselves there is a good chance of becoming the targets.

What chapter was the Ainz vs Go Gin fight again?

Ainz will rule over all the NW for at least 10 thousand years.

They'd have to be even more stealthy and careful then Ainz as well since almost the whole world would be their enemy if Ainz managed to complete his utopia.

Volume 10, the JUST chapter
>yfw he actually will

His undead internet will pretty much 100% prevent any uprising anywhere, if it goes through. All he needs are strong enough Elder Liches to create Death Knights, and simply dispel most of the DKs he has under his command.

I guess that's the downside of the NW. Although Ainz has a lot of corpses, the corpses are weak. Among the few humans he did harvest (like Igvare) ended up weaker than normal spawn Liches anyway.

He could certainly get a powerful undead vassal if he killed and animated Fluder, but I don't think he'd ever consider that. He should have done it to Clem.

I wonder if the players wouldn't just apply to join it anyway if they had any common sense.

DKs are apparently higher on the food chain than Elder Liches though. Consider that ELs are pop spawns while DKs are medium tier undead. I doubt ELs could make DKs.

How did they end up weaker? Ainz has skills that buff his necromancy.

Depends on how you define 'loyalty' as it is clear some of them have varying interpretations of being 'loyal.'

Igva is explicitly stronger than a normal Elder Lich, check out his character sheet.

Better chances of not becoming the enemies of the world.
But it will be a risky move from Ainz to just accept their word that they will not start screwing everything he and his children built.

No arguments there. Perhaps if they turned over any WCIs they had to him, that might be a sufficient show of faith.

Normal Elder Liches are Level 30, Iguva was Level 22 but was stronger than he should have been due to Ainz's summon, and he could also boost his abilities further.

Spawned DKs, Soul Eaters and ELs are all around the same power level, level 30. But they can be stronger than that in the wild. YGGDRASIL players stayed as Elder Liches until they reached Level 70 for the Overlord race change. So, there could even be a Level 100 Elder Lich if you never changed your class.

Titus, the Head Librarian, is reputed to have a far higher level than normal Skeleton Mages by design. All of his attendants are the stronger race Elder Lich.

Does /ol/ prefer 6 ft tall anime Ainz, or the 5'7" LN Ainz who has to look up to Gazeff?

I think 6' one is better since he's suppose to be an extremely intimidating and scary monster. Height makes a big difference in that aspect.

I doubt normal elder liches are level 30. Where was this ever stated? Do consider that Zero was considered stronger than Davernoc, and even Zero isn't heroic level yet.

Tall Ainz of course!
With his 6ft. and HUGE hands he can lift and hug Aura and Mare at the same time.
Albedo and Shalltear at the same time
And Nabe with Pleadies. All of them.

China and Russia are still in one piece.

China and Russia have had multiple regime changes though.

The heck are you talking about? There's no China or Russia in one piece.

Is this new art? Haven't seen it before.

It's poster for new recap movies we're getting.

I like that Overlord is pretty much the anti-game log isekai.

The vast majority of RPG, MMO style isekais have game log format. Ainz gets these logs in the form of reports from his subordinates.

But he never reads them and barely mentions them!

Only DKs that where summoned by Ainz are higher up the food chain.

One of the drama cd have Albedo and gang discussion how the ranking system be like in Nazarick.

Elder Liches are for sure weaker than DKs. An Elder Lich is a "challenge" for Platinum-Level adventurers while a DK or Soul Eater, as Level 35+ undead, are stronger than Clementine who is a Hero. That's a difficult rating of 150+, requiring teams of adamantite-level adventurers to defeat.

Iguva was an above-average level lich. he was created from the corpse of Igvare, a Mithril-ranked adventurer so his base stats as a lich were going to be higher. Being summoned by Ainz who adds buffs to his summons also increased his strength. Igvuva also had a trump card to boost his levels even further along with his size. Even then, he was still weaker than a DK (although he could probably win, given his magic prowess).

Evileye is so cute!

>One simple change and they could be the best friends, even lovers
>Instead Ainz will hurt Evileye in the most painful way imaginable
Btw there was more of this?

Keeno > EE
You can't argue against this.

What is this comic brodie and where can i find it

there is a continue from those 2 pages? we need a translation and source, please?

I seriously love the self-depictions for Ainz. Such a happy Skellyman.

Of all So-Bins overlord pics this is probably my favourite.
Like the typical shounen "villain with ridiculous power level revealed himself to our heroes" and when we see Ainz being Ainz.

Agreed. With just one look you can tell that the guy with the flask has been through some serious shit.

For some reason I find this one to be pretty damn amazing.

>Do you think Ainz's would also fall inevitably?
He just needs to avoid Arturia's and Alexander's mistakes highlighted in Fate:

Don't try to be the pinnacle of a good ruler without raising others to the same fine standards and encouraging them to make leaders of others around them. And don't encourage your people to only follow the best and most powerful, to keep seeking more glory.

Let's salvage some stuff.

Oh, I really enjoy this one. It's serene.

Ainz is lawfull evil done right. Even if Ainz is destined to one day be beaten by some wimpy jap schoolboy hero protagonist, hes likely going to conquer the world and rule it for quite some time.

I always think of ainz being a villain like aku from samurai jack. He technically "wins" for a good 10,000 years or so. In this time of his evil rule, the planet earth became a highly advanced spacefaring civilization. Even if the people are horribly oppressed, they benefit from being under "evil" rule.

A male can appear delicate without pretending to be a girl.
A girl can appear tough without pretending to be a guy.
Glad we had that discussion. Back to Overlord and empire shenanigans

Dont assume people's gender identity you lowerlifeform.

>Oh, I really enjoy this one. It's serene.
And the work already paid off.
There are 12 in total. I only vectored three though.

I didn't assume anything. And people should assume the forms they're given responsibly, like their great leader Ainz. He's a skeleton, but you don't see him complaining and trying to pretend he has flesh.

You know what the weird thing is? I found the first hardback volumes, and they look great. They have this epic fantasy look you don't seem much any more.

Then the story is completely different and a bit of a letdown in contrast.

Still expecting Ainz to hold a tournament, but use Jerkey as a foil instead, since no one would go to one hosted by Ainz, and a strange knight in black armor appears...

What is this wish for a tournament ark?
Like i see it to show up from time to time, but aren't we already got an Empire coliseum battle?
I am also recalling Ainz being rather cautious in regards to showing off power(What he warned Shalltear about in vol11). While it would be fun to see NWorlders witness battle between guardians, it also would be against Ainz best interests. After all, his enemies can't plan a stategy if they know too little about him.

It has already been foreshadowed, he will rule for 10.000 years then the kingdom will fall but nazarick itself will survive.
How you say? he will raise all under his rule, lv 50-60 average enough, then after millenniums of natural development they will be strong and smart enough to overthrow him through sheer numbers but that is all a part of the plan since no kingdom will last forever.
After a couple centuries of NW infighting he rises again for another 10.00 year rule.

SASUGA

18 Volumes doesn't seem like enough to contain the whole story. We're already at Volume 12 and we're just starting to see Ainz handle 3 of the human countries. From the map, Ainz won't have even left Europe, yet the story should end in 6 more volumes?

Please One Piece this shit Maruyama.

>Do you think Ainz's would also fall inevitably?
Maybe. It's a classical dictatorship. This is Ainz's keys to power. As long as he has them, he is invincible.

youtu.be/rStL7niR7gs

18 volumes was the minimum and vol 10 and 11 ended up longer so I'm pretty sure we'll see more than 18 volumes.

Are we ever going to know if that red orb behind Ainz's ribs is some sort of item or a part of Overlord anatomy? It's never mentioned in the text either way. It's commonly stated here that it was said to be his WCI in the original web novel, but that claim is never sourced, and he was a fleshy lich in that version to begin with.

If it never gets explained then its a part of Overlord anatomy. Otherwise...whatever the explanation is.

Entoma will be avenged next volume.

I hope your ready for the shitstorm when EE gets brutally killed.

He can try to host Olympic Games to foster good relationships with other nations.

I bet he can create a literal Olymp int the sky.

I'd guess it's some kind of magical core to hold the body together.

Ainz's rule will be the perfect monoarchy.
No heirs to fight for the power, no death, loyal followers, weak subjects.

how long until season 2?

77%

From what I've gathered on his twitter and his blog, maruyama had enough ideas for 50 vol or so for this territory but cut down to 18 because it's long and he's lazy (most of those will be published as extra side stories I guess).
He also hinted that these 18 vol is a sort of prologue so Overlord 2 might happen.

>EE tortured until her voice is gone doujin when?
Are those from the journal that came with Vol6?

Great empires, and dictatorships for that matter, usually fall some time after the original charismatic and powerful leader dies. Ainz is nigh unkillable, and won't rot or die of natural causes. Unless his empire starts developing to the point his powers are acessible to other people it would lsast forever.

He can't really fall, since he and his main force are basically immortal.

BTW, part 2 is better.

>le Adventurer save the town from the empire

Entoma there are cock....

I think you know what is next, get to work.

Well, i have no complaints. For some reason i enjoy watching Ainz and Co just screwing around with the common sense of native inhabitants.
A lot of ideas.. Do you think that the Draconic Kingdom ark will be similar to dwarven, or Maruyama will put some sort of spin here? Like, saving country from the beastmen will be just a background for some other plot or something like that.

He can. Albedo and other AOG members could make a deadly mix.

Actually, Albedo alone is enough to shake the very foundations of Nazarick since she have both Rubedo and WCI in her possession. But she does not wish to harm Ainz or Nazarick in anyway that much is also clear. Her hit squad is to counter other players/AOG SBs so in a way its another nat20 in Ainz' favor since she will be removing the future potential threats before they could even rise.

So going by this the best maids are Lupusregina > Shizu > Solution?

sure, what about this?

Albedo is a time bomb. She will only go off when other AOG members appear.
And then it would be downhill from there.

Entoma > Shizu > Lupusregina > Yuri > Narberal > Yuri

Meant to say Solution at the end.

Ainz doesn't need to bother with that crap he just needs to put on airs and delegate the rest.

Depends what you mean by best.

So far only CZ and Yuri appears more stable. As in don;t kill you for reasons like food, fun, insect, etc.

He's guaranteed obedience and loyalty from basically all of Nazarick for years, decades, maybe even centuries. Could he really keep their loyalty for thousands of years?

I mean I'm expecting to fug and then die anyways almost regardless of the specific Pleiades member. I guess Yuri would be best for that, she'd probably make my death quick.

Absolute loyalty is programmed in the very genes of all the NPCs. There's no question or doubt about that. They've mentioned it numerous times that Ainz doesn't even have to do anything the only thing they ask of him is to be there for them to serve. So its not a matter of centuries or even thousands of years, their loyalty is for as long as they exist.
External effects like WCIs or screw-ups because of varied and vague commands are an entirely separate case.

>They've mentioned it numerous times that Ainz doesn't even have to do anything the only thing they ask of him is to be there for them to serve.
That's after less than a year or two of moving to the new world. They're capable of expanding emotionally and psychologically in other ways. You can't compare a single year's growth to a hundred years of growth.

Now imagine a thousand years. Ten thousand years. A hundred thousand years. It's easy to agree that they won't rebel in any short period of time, but to say literally never over an infinite passage of time seems odd.

>They're capable of expanding emotionally and psychologically in other ways
This heavily depends on how Maruyama wants to do it because we don't actually have a legit reference scale to compare this sort of thing. You're involving human psychology into this and even though NPCs are living beings they are fundamentally different than humans.
Let's take christian/Islamic mythology as an example. Humans were given free will and that's why they are capable of questioning God and other forms of authorities while angles have been serving God for billions of years and will keep doing so for all eternity. NPCs are no different than those kind of angels, unless Maruyama wants them to be that is.

>Yuri into anal
>CZ with no oil stained panties
Appearances are deceiving.

All these Ainz worshipers thinking so positively that his empire won't fall.

Empires rise and fall, that is the law of nature. A new ruler is usually the signal for revolt, thats why empires always have an unstable balance between centralizing and splitting/rebellion. Look at the Galactic Empire and the Rebel. The bigger the empire is the stronger the will of the rebel growth.

The emperor objective was born to conquest. Like this user say he stops having purpose or providing value.

Also there would be corruption and declination. Civil war are often born from this. The differences between races and religious and also different opinion and division among the rank guardians who rules over different lands. Not long until all floor guardians murder each others. I can see a war happen between Sebas and Demiurge.

It's true that Ainz lifespan is different from human, perspective his empire will last longer than usual human did. Maybe 10 thousand years it would last. After that it would be ash and rubble

nope