Sakura Quest

youtube.com/watch?v=KYGzOTL5sOs
can PA Works save anime once again?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakura-quest.com/sp/about.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh yeah I forgot about this.
Still have no real clue what the fuck it's really about, even though I read the summary.

Shirobako meets Non Non Biyori

Already looks 1000 times better than shitobako and not as pretentious too

In the wake of a nationwide movement during the Bubble economy period, a small town in the countryside has revived its "mini-nation" tourism program; hiring five girls as travel ambassadors. The series will follow a year's time of the five girls as they work in the tourism agency of a small failing town in an effort to reinvigorate it.

>can PA Works save anime once again?
Yeah they can, with Uchouten S2.

It's Locodol with adults.

What's this Idol Jihen ripoff?

>shirobako
>pretentious

This might be the most flagrant misuse of the word 'pretentious' of all time.

Just because the designs are the same PA works sameface doesn't mean it's like Shirobako.

Just swap the anime industry with the tourism industry.

Yeah but Shirobako was all about anime.
The whole idea of finding yourself in a rural setting is more resemblant of Hanasaku Iroha which was also by PA works. their magnum opus

>finger toes
Disgusting. Whoever designed her should be fired.

Reminder that PA Works actual magnum opus is Hanasaku Iroha

so it's completely different.

Man PA Works' character designs are getting pretty tiresome. It's not even as pleasing to look at as Kyoani's sameface.

Funny how they're admitting that they only make one good anime every 3 years.

I'm not sure which is worse. Kyoani has been using the same five or so character designs over and over for the last 10+ years, but PA Works's designs are shit to begin with and they only have three faces at best to go around.

sakura-quest.com/sp/about.html

PA Works is actually calling this their third anime in a series about people's jobs Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako being the other two so I guess they think of them both as pretty similar.

Huh, well in that case I can't exactly argue with the creators.

It's not just PA works, it's an unholy union of both PA works' sameface and BUNBUN.

Honestly it's probably just as much a marketing thing and how they pitched the project to the production committee members as anything else. Considering Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako were both big successes.

It looks like they put Aoi on the Summer Wars cover and gave her a crown

>7 years later and PA still has not been able to get another mega hit like Angel Beats

Someday they will find true success again

Really though if you consider Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako would both likely be in the top 10 or 20 for best selling originals for the decade so far I would say that is fairly successful. Probably top 10 for SHIROBAKO.

71,056 MADOKA
62,673 YURI ON ICE
35,235 GIRLS & PANZER
34,108 ANGEL BEATS!
31,524 ANOHANA
30,347 TIGER & BUNNY
15,210 SHIROBAKO
11,563 KILL LA KILL
10,033 B-PROJECT
*9,149 YUKI YUNA
*9,076 STAR DRIVER
*8,936 GARGANTIA
*8,530 HANASAKU IROHA
*8,474 PSYCHO-PASS
*8,389 TARI TARI

PA Works do pretty good with originals, 4 out of the top 15 of 2010 onward were animated by them if we are looking at new properties only.

That list is slightly inflated though considering PA Works mainly does originals, moreso than other studios. The only other studios I can think of which mostly do originals are MAPPA and Trigger.

Is that related to those Sakura x games on steam?

But Angel Beats was only a hit because of Key.

Don't you think maybe there's a reason they keep getting originals linked to the fact they manage to have quite a few successful originals?

A hit is a hit, and Angel Beats alone outperforms pretty much the entire PA Works catalog and even outsold many of them combined. It was also the show that put them on the map after the failed attempts of true tears and canaan.

Good taste

This.

> it's a "city folk move to the country" show

These always seem to be fun an whimsical. Can't wait.