ITT: Underrated Masterpieces

You first.

Kimi no Nawa

>Underrated
Not even close, both the manga and anime won several awards and are top 30 on MAL and most anime rating sites.

>Masterpiece
It could have been.

A worse Death Note in my opinion. Very repetitive for its length, lacking in humor, and ends at square one..

>worse death note
I don't get it so did you think Monster was bad or Death Note was good? because the latter was pretty mediocre.

I think that Monster is bad and Death note was good, but that guy is a retard for comparing the two, they are nothing alike.

>the latter was pretty mediocre.
>Death Note
>Mediocre
Name 5 anime that are similar to Death Note. Go on, I will wait.

Mediocre ≠ Generic
Everything after episode 25 was a fucking trainwreck.

Although the anime didn't managed to remain on the same level of quality after L died, you're still severely downplaying It. It's basically one of the few decent psychological thrillers about people outwitting each other in the medium and I think that it deserves credit for It.

Monster also deserves credit for trying something original, but I don't really like how most ideas and arcs of the show were executed.

Hyouka

Monster was full of nonsense and plot holes anyway with one of the worst pacings ever.

My friend really hates DN for some reason. He only saw 2 episodes and says the concept is good but the execution was horrible and he dropped it. His reasoning doesn't really make sense though so I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Anyway, OP, 20th Century Boys is better than Monster.

>lacking in humor

>He only saw 2 episodes and says the concept is good but the execution was horrible and he dropped it.
Did you try to convince him into picking up again by saying that it gets much better as the show goes on?

Anyway, not saying that's the case with your friend, but I noticed that hating on DN became a trend in recent years, as opposed to saying that it was a masterpiece, which was the trend in 2007-2009. I think that's the case because Death Note is incredibly popular among normalfags and people who don't really watch anime, so anime fans hate on it in an attempt to disassociate themselves with those kinds of people. They don't want to like something that's as mainstream as Death Note.

20th Century Boys and Pluto are better

is that the episode with the fake L
just tell him to accept the shit premise and roll with it
they don't do anything nearly as stupid and yes I'm including the last cour everyone hates for some reason

I see what you did there, user.

>d yes I'm including the last cour everyone hates for some reason
Episode 3 to 9 are God-tier. 10 to 16 are good. 17 to 23(Yotsuba arc)are shit, basically the worst part of Death Note in my opinion, much more so than the Mello and Near arc that people love to shit on. 24 and 25 are some of the best episodes in the anime. From episode 26 and on things never manage to have the same level of quality as they did in the first ones, but it's still light years ahead Yotsuba arc and many of its episodes are better than the ones in the middle of the show.

I get that it felt cheap and it was an asspull to bring other two eccentric geniuses after L died, but the episodes themselves aren't that bad.

>Monster
>underrated

Gurren Lagann, it's so good.

Aria, a show about everything.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Every thread.

ITT: losers that don't know the meme

Sub characters and filler episodes are more interesting.

Started out alright but midway through turned to absolute garbage

Boogiepop was very popular but it doesn't have the fanboyism a lot of anime that isn't as good does.

>Boogiepop was very popular
In what world? I doubt many people have watched

Darker than black? More like shinier than gold!

Spice and Wolf? If I wanted to watch a documentary about economy with a fanservice character thrown in, I would because it'd be THE SHIT.

This. every other are complete crap or overrated shit

Kara no Kyoukai 5th movie

Not everyone is 12

Do you have autism?What this has to do with anything?

It's a meme you absolute dip.

So by that logic they should hate Attack on Titan too. Miserable people.

But they do. Try making a Attack on titan thread on Sup Forums

Trigun: it's like Cowboy Bebop only good.

Mouretsu Pirates: motherfucking girl pirates in motherfucking space

Fairy Tail: the best PLOT

At least the Japanese love it. Let Sup Forums have its shit autist taste.

I think I watched about half of Monster before I thought "the ending has to be really good if this boring mess is considered a masterpiece"
then I skipped straight to the ending and it was shit
anyone who says Monster is good is an idiot
the opening is really good though

Boogiepop was before a lot of the anime Sup Forums now seems to worship as classics also it is far harder to follow than most.

I liked Death Note until it introduced that other people have the notebook. Then I thought it was really stupid and missed a lot of its full potential.

pic not related

All three Aquarion series and their OVAs

/thread

Aku no hana
Fapmaster Kurosawa

The first one third of 20th CB is as good as Monster at its best.

The second third is still good but definitely less so.

It completely shits the bad in the last third.

Sadly, Pluto did the same but with far less volumes. But on an Urasawa note, I'd say

Master Keaton

Sauce?

Redline: the most visually pleasing anime movie ever made
Simple story but Jesus the art style is astonishing