Dropped:
Urara Meirochou
Idol Jihen

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/hekaha.xhtml
youtube.com/watch?v=L4Wv_J_wG0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Come on man, have some standards.

All evaluations are relative to other shows this season. Its pointless to compare to past or future ones, since what matters is enjoyment of the shows NOW.

How can something be AOTY but not AOTS?

Because this is a trolling list scientifically designed to make people respond.

AOTS is the most relevant/enjoyable show in specific season.

AOTY however is a show relevant beyound that. Season will be gone and everyone will forget Youjo Senki, with Death March replacing it in Isekai segment.

Meanwhile HandShakers will remain a classic relevant for years.

Tell me OP. Why are you so obsessed with Hanshakers?
Sure, it has nice animation and a decent soundtrack, but plot is generic and so are characters.

It is one of a kind show, and its truly enjoyable watch if you have a hardware (huge monitor, 35 inches prefferable or VR device, though them being low res monitor/projector is prefferable).

I also love the creativity of director and artists put into it, making it truly individual signature passion project.

>nice animation
>decent soundtrack
The animation is so distractingly bad that I don't even remember the music.

So we will remember handshakers for being absolutely terrible and that will last for years?

Makes sense to me.

>Abominable tier:
>Chaos;Child
Is it better or worse than head? I decided to watch that first and still haven't recovered enough to watch steins;gate.

Not quite, it's that hand shakers is nauseating garbage.
It's shockingly bad.

>Death March anime
So only the parts where it's shitty and generic and not the parts where it's a SoL about the cooking god and his lolis touring fantasy land and inventing magic shit.

>but plot is generic and so are characters
Its an old argument, but it still stands. Not everything has to be "original" or have interesting plot even. Much of this season popular shows are enjoyable exclusively through good characters or even good execution and direction.

Handshakers is basically a surreal music clip, AMV if you like. The "nice animation" and original art is all that is needed from it. Also i woudnt say the plot and characters are generic - so far we know too little of it, and the emotional connections and hints shown to already introduced characters are intrigueing.

>The animation is so distractingly bad
Stopped readying right there.

Where are you arrows?

AOTS: Rakugo

Great tier:
LWA

Good tier:
Gabriel Dropout
Onihei
Konosuba

meh tier:
Chaos;Child

shit tier:
Maid Dragon

It realistically recreates the feeling of having someone shine a laser pointer in your eyes after you've been locked in a closet for an hour.

>Handshakers is basically a surreal music clip, AMV if you like.
>AMV
You've officially convinced me to never watch Handshakers.

If something is new, it doesn't authomaticaly mean that it is something good.
Novelty itself is not significant.

>Nyanko Days
It's cute but there's hardly anything to it.

What does it have to do with anything? Handshakers is already more original, BETTER and enjoyable than rest of the shows that tried to break the mold in the recent years.

Take an exaple of Flip Flappers last season - its a typical example of tryhard anime trying to be and look original, standing out. Like a hipster who read few lines of popular poetry and bought fashion magazine, trying forcefully to create own image: while ultimately falling into the narrative and cliches, and look of mainstream in every aspect.

Meanwhile Handshakers is VAPORWARE. VAPOREWARE genre was created to riddicule consumerism and egocentric hedonistic society, yet it backfired and it turned into glorifying it.

Same with Handshakers. It doesnt "try to be". Its the ultimate consumer product gloryfying decadence and consumerism. Its a flashy AMV with flaunting with rich effects, graphics, camera work - looking like TV advertisemt for some product. Vulgar, mismatched, show off, tasteless and full of chemical food addictants making you want more and your teeth turn black. It is not sublte, not deep, not symbolic - its just turning all valves on commercial product to a degree where it becomes more than just that - it becomes art.

>tfw I only watch two or three series a season.
But since I'm user, none of you will ever know when I'm posting opinions that are just as valid as the peo that watch every series.

What kind of stupid name is hand-shakers

>So only the parts where it's shitty and generic and not the parts where it's a SoL about the cooking god and his lolis touring fantasy land and inventing magic shit.

How else are you going to get the childrens to stay for 500+ chapters turned into an anime? If it ain't shitty and generic then it will never make it to that many episodes. Just look at (insert popular shounen anime here) and you will understand!!

>readying
You are probably a phone-poster, who cares what you think?

What is the obsession with having "more to it"? Why the hell are you watching anime in first place? Because sincerely believe its the deepest and most creative artistic media?

Certainly not because you just strive to get portion of entertainment to kill time, that only anime delivers in its unique way?

If within the 30 second the episod lasts one heart nearly stops from moe dozen times, its God tier anime.

>HandShakers will remain a classic relevant for years

This t.bh

You sure you dont want to delete your post, before the Mason secret world order takes a note of you for insulting their sacrelige?

AOTS: Youjo Senki

God tier:
Rakugo
LWA

Good tier:
Kuzu no Honkai
Masamune-kun
Fuuka
Demi-chan

Watching just because tier:
Gabriel
Konosuba
Akiba
Seiren
Maid Dragon
Ao no Exorcist
3-gatsu

Dropped:
Urara

I can barely spot the good animation under the mountain of garbage. The layouts are nonsense, the compositing is atrocious, the colors are all over the place and obviously just left over from stock images, the CG is an eyesore, and the jerky camera movement both nauseates and detracts from the animation. And there are plenty of places where the animators clearly couldn't keep up with the absurd framing, and the characters end up looking like they're treading water while a fan tussles their hair from above.
The show is ambitious to a fault.

Vaporwave, big guy. Vaporwave

I sincerely did not expeect Youjo Senki to be AOTS. I seen the concept and spoilers in threads and though i`d hate it. I watched first episode and i did indeed hate it.

However Episode 2 turned the impression around and Episode 3 was just as good, elevating it to proper AOTS.

I still await the show to fail and me learning to hate it, and would love to be disappointed in my expectations if show remains just as good for remainder of the episodes.

I watch anime mostly for lightheartedness and good feelings, and it does have it but not enough to make up for how short it is.

It's an anime about Idols trying to make it in the business by working their way up from obscurity.

Is what I would rather watch.

Instead it is some gay magical teen thing where their powers come from holding hands.

Probably because you dont own a cat.

There is just one Idol in the show, pic related, and she treis to make it in business by defeating God and rewriting history so that Morning Musume never was created.

Meanwhile, Detective Conan.
Not something strung along by the fans alone to stay in relevance.

Detective Conan is an unique case because its just great. It wasnt always so, some seasons were weaker - but the last few are a blast and it simply is better than most of what airs any season due to having actual plot, better action, better characters, good production values and just having atypical material since deals with detective theme in real world.

The Detective Conan movies still are every year the top box office and the anime is entertaining and relevant.

The only downside is, how hard is it for newfags to jump onboard due to 850+ episodes

>AOTY: Handshakers
I'm tired of these masters of irony bullying a show with no budget. The joke stopped being funny already.

>show with no budget
You realize its a show funded by ANIMATE, the biggest japanese anime retailer chain, for their 50 years anniversary?

It has a budget anyone else this season can only dream about.

>show with no budget
But that's Kemono Friends.

I do. I mean, it's cute, but that's really it. It doesn't warm my heart as much as the more developed cute animes.

This season's been pree good desu.
Isekai exposed.
Edgy shounenshit exposed.
Jojo exp wait it's always been shit.

Moeblob and SoL/Romance has taken over and I for one welcome our new memelords.

Well, the "cutest" anime this season is Urara and i dropped it as most other Manga Time Kirara trash, since its boring. Nyanko Days works probably because its so short - its concentrated highly refined distilled cuteness.

Pretty good tier:
Rakugo

Watching only to hear Japs pronounce my name:
Gabriel dropout

Still funny:
Konosuba

Why am I watching this:
Chaos;child

Edgy Isekai though is AOTS this season, surprisingly.

Moeblob and SoL/Romance season is nice, but already in spring it`ll be changed to Blockbuster season. So enjoy it while it lasts. I personally would love more romance anime, but there arent that many good source manga/lns to adapt really. So unless they go adapting more visual novels - i doubt it. And with VNs its very high chance of them being shit too.

I'm finding demi chan to be cuter. It's the only series ever where I don't care who wins because all girls are best girl. Im just rooting for everyone.

AOTS : LWA

God Tier: Maid Dragon, Konosuba S2, Demi-chan

Good Tier: Handshakers, Seiren

Meh: Everything else

Unwatchable shit that does not deserve the success it gets: Youjo Senki

a.pomf.cat/hekaha.xhtml

>Gintama
wait, there are new episodes again? why didnt i hear about that?

Same here, I really like Demi-chan, it's cute and sweet and makes me feel good when I watch it. I hope they all end up happy.

A true piece of art must deliver some kind of message to the audience, some emotion or thought that author wants to tell the whole world.
And in case of handshakers I fail to see anything of this sort, except animation, that should justify it being not ordinary.

aots:
Gabriel Dropout

fun:
aimaimi
demi
urara
maid dragon
LWA
konosuba
seiren
Akiba strip (also surprise of the season)

fun but I'm a bit worried:
Masamune

I love soap:
Kuzu no honkai

dropped:
nothing

might still pick up:
handshakers

Their budget being huge is the problem.
They tried to make the new Madoka and flew too close to the sun.

>Favorite
Gabriel Dropout
>Enjoying
LWA
Maidragon
Urara (my fucking dick)
ACCA
>It's alright
Demi-chan
Youjo Senki
Konosuba
IBO S2
I think I'll pick up Fuuka just to get in on the impending shitposting.

AOS (so far): Youjo Senki

good tier;
maid dragon
demi chan
gabriel
acca13

ok tier;
LWA
chaos child
konosuba2
nyanko

meh tier:
onihei

dropped:
handshakers
Surgical Friends
Chou Shounen

Godakobo dareed to do really explicite fanservice atypical for them, and made it funny.

Will KyoAni dare the same with Maid Dragon? Since there are plenty of scenes like that.

This season I'm watching
>HandShakers
>KonoSuba
>Spiritpact
>Kobayashi-san Chi no Dragon Maid

Should I kill myself?

>Handshakers
>Spiritpact
Unless you plan on replacing these two with some decent shows I recommend a swift exit.

Updates after 3 episodes:

AOTS:
Youjo Senki

Comfy:
Urara Meirocho
Demi-chan
Maid Dragon

Fun:
Konosuba
Gabriel Dropout
Seiren

Lewd:
Kuzu no Honkai

Meh:
LWA
Masamune-kun
Minami Kamakura

Dropped:
Fuuka
Hand Shaker
One Room
Akiba's trip

I won't, both have potential

I'm only watching Youjo Senki, Dragon Maid, and Demi-chan. I'd rank them 2-3-1 I guess.

They're not even trying to be subtle with the light rays anymore. May as well be black bars at this point. Couldn't angle it from the top left to look like the sun coming out of the window? Christ's sake man. Fuck Japan sometimes.

There's no way hand shakers has potential

Its GOD Rays.

What is that with Handshakers that it triggers some autists so hard? Envy?

AOTS
Yojo Senki

God Tier:
- Gabriel DropOut
- Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
- Masamune-kun no Revenge
- Onihei
- ACCA

Great tier:
- Konosuba
- Kuzu
- Demi-chang
- Fuuka

>meh tier:
>onihei
fuck you, pleb

>500x281

yeah, i read through the synopsis of it, and it sounded interesting with some occult stuff mixed. but well, now it sounds like some flashy anime where its all about sfx

They think they can't make a good anime with some CGI

Rakugo is god-tier. Everything else is eh

It's not just any CGI. It's GoHands CGI

It's not like if the studio makes a big difference as long as the animation is smooth, and sure HandShaker's animation is smooth as fuck

If you take out the CGI and superb backgrounds, the animation is still superior to anything else this season.

>picking up handshakers even though I know I'm being rused
fuck you guys

I think the animation of HandShakers is pretty average, you can see how they fail while trying to make the 2D characters fit the CGI background with the camera rotations.

However, the art itself is amazing, the way they combine hot colors from the top right of the screen to a colder tone in the bottom left and the details of the characters are freaking amazing.

forgot to say that when they're rotating the 2D characters within a CGI the fail is pretty minimal since you can notice it if you examine it frame by frame. At a normal speed you can barely notice it.

Continue to watch:
>Youjo Senki
>Konosuba
>LWA
>Kuzu no Honkai

On Hold:
>Seiren
>Masamune's Revenge

Dropped:
>Main Dragon
>Akiba's Trip

Best:
Nyanko Days

Great:
Demi chan
Ai Mai Mi

Good:
Maid dragon(would be great if other episodes were more like 2nd instead of 1st episode)
LWA
Gabriel Dropout

Average:
Konosuba
Urara

Bad:
ACCA

Dropped:
Handshakers
Youjo Senki
Akiba's trip

>dropping Urara
Holy shit Sup Forums has worse taste then Japan.

DEMI CHAN WA CHINKO WO SHABURITAI

Most likely they create the basic scene prototype in 3D, to adjust camera movement and sprite positions - and then animators drow frames based on the 3d frames. So while frames themselves are hand drawn, they dont have to think much about angle, size etc. So making transition is pretty easy.

Anything Manga Time Kirara should be eradicated

WARE WA DAI MAOU, SATANIA-SAMA!

>great
Ai Mai Mii: Surgical Friends
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Gabriel DropOut
Onihei

>good
ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
Seiren
Youjo Senki

>okay
Akiba's Trip The Animation
One Room

>dropped
BanG Dream!
Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari
ChäoS;Child
ēlDLIVE
Fuuka
Hand Shakers
Idol Jihen
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Kuzu no Honkai
Little Witch Academia
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu
Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel
Urara Meirochou

Watching:
Demi-chan
Youjo Senki
Maid Dragon

Picking up later:
LWA

This is a great season for animation. People in Youjo Senki actually have defined faces and whoever does Demi-chan should win an award just for how the dullahan uses her hands alone.

>However, the art itself is amazing, the way they combine hot colors from the top right of the screen to a colder tone in the bottom left
So Handshakers is AOTS because gradients are sugoi?

>Good:
ACCA.
LWA.

>Okay:
Onihei.
Demi-chan.
Kobayashi-san.

>Watchable:
Gabriel Dropout.
Youjo Senki.
Granblue.

>Dropped:
Kuzu no Honkai.
Urara.

Cool:

Demi-chan
Youjo Senki
Granblue Fantasy
Konosuba

Dropped:

elDLIVE
Chaos;Child
ACCA
Hand Shakers
Spiritpact
Kizu no Honkai
Maid Dragon
Urara Meirochou
Schoolgirl Strikers
Gabriel DropOut

No, because its AWESOME

Great:
Urara

Good:
Maid Dragon
Gabriel Dropout

Okay:
SGS
Idol Jihen

Dropped:
Demi
Konosuba
Youjo Senki

>AOTY: Handshakers
>Great tier: Kono-suba
>Dropped: Urara Meirochou

You're right about Chaos;Child though

>Dropping Fuuka
C'mon, user, you knew what you were in for.

>Kono Suburashii
>LWA
>Gabriel Dropout
>Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
>Kuzu no Honkai

...are the only good things this season, and Kuzu could be complete shit, it's already falling apart.

Ctrl+F:
Handshakers: 25
Demi-chan: 13
Detective Conan: 5
Nyanko Days: 7
Fuuka: 8
Ai-Mai-Mi: 2
ACCA: 9
Kuzu no Honkai: 9
Maid Dragon: 16
One Room > Seiren: 8
Gintama: 3
Gabriel Dropout: 21
LWA: 16
Kono-suba: 19
Akiba's Trip The Animation: 8
Masamune-kun no Revenge: 8
Bike-on!: 2
BanG-On!: 3
Piace - Watashi no Italian: 2
evdLive: 2
Chaos;Child: 9
Urara Meirochou: 14
Idol Jihen:6

Handshakers AOTS. Gabriel Dropout 2nd place. Konosuba 3rd. LWA + Maid Dragon tied at 4th.

>Handshakers
>Good
Top bait m8

>all these Sup Forumsfags rating LWA
Disgusting.

New AOTY episode soon. This time with more battles so can expect the best track. Will fight probably against Team Shadow.

youtube.com/watch?v=L4Wv_J_wG0E

Most of those results have put handshakers on dropped. You are retarded.

this bitch is more evil like than satanya