Whats so amazing about him?

Whats so amazing about him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=avJqMDaaDNs&list=PLAw61igWLXHGMQbZmq0N5TrJMDwlR_avk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally everything.

I was fishing for memes but ok

He turn a fucking m16 into a functional operator's weapon.

He may be one of the straightest Gary Stues you'll find in an officially published story. If you think Batman is impressive for having reached peak human mastery in literally everything, Golgo is +1 on top of that.
If you give him a job, and if you don't fuck him over, he will carry it out, even if he loses the function in his arm, even if he loses his memory, even if the shot that he is required to take is literally impossible. He'll do it, and only careful examination of his facial muscles will reveal if it was more exciting to him than taking a piss in the morning.

This sounds fucking amazing.

Something something penis

Is this show good?

Is this guy a manlet or does he use a .50 caliber AR?

The time he bounced a bullet of the waves of a swimming pool to hit a target.

yes

his penis

I like that the mangaka realised how much of a Gary Stu this guy is so he started to focus more on the people who call in the hits and the victics rather then him

Their motivations, events that lead to the hit and such.

Hell, there was even a part where Golgo never appeared. His name was just used as a scare tactic

is it theoretically possible?

At any rate. An amazing penis

Yes.
But unless you can actually predict the waves, it is impossible to aim for.
Meaning you have to pay attention to the movements of the water over a wide area while at the same time keeping an eye on the target.

So is he autistic or something?

He is the motherfucking Duke Togo.

Is the motherfucking Duke Togo a synonim for autism?

Autism wouldn't help you with making impossible shots.
Being the perfect human being does.

So who would win

he or Agent 47?

>Asking who would win in anyone Vs Duke Togo

You don't understand Golgo 13 at all do you.

This has to be by the Baki author.

They would team up and go fuck some lolis together.

He's the man with the custom M16.
How many custom M16s do you own? Didn't think so.

>TFW barely 5% of Golgo 13 is translated

Wasn't there a mythbusters episode on something similar to this?

Off the top of my head what they were testing on MB was how far a bullet could penetrate water, not about reflecting it off the surface. Water was surprisingly bulletproof after about 1meter IIRC

Motherfucker shot off a goddamm violin string, while it was being played, without damaging the musicians hand or the violin itself.

Also, he took somebody out from around 800 meters, in the middle of a cross-wind with the sun in his line of sight and the shot passing between two buildings... Also, this was while he was on his stomach angling the gun upwards.

What's pretty crazy when you stop to think about it is that aside from the two-piece barrel that allows Golgo 13 to store his weapon in a suitcase, most of the modifications he has made for each M16 he uses have ended up being actually implimented in specific millitary variants of the M16 (The A2 & A4 off of the top of my head).

Duke has always been a force of nature rather than a character

Yeah, or how the focus was on the person investigating one of Duke Togo's hits after it was already made... The super bowl shot as an example of that I thought was pretty good.

There were a couple of very early stories that tried to interject some sense of self with Golgo 13, but the series really started to take off when the author started to use him as a catalyst for the plot/a plot device IMO.

Where can I read the Manga?

There's a bunch of volumes on secretclub.

Dammed if I know. Like posted, less than 5% of the Manga ever got translated... But the two examples I posted were featured early on in the TV series.

Speaking of which, I feel like that series should of been only 26 episodes or so rather than 50 to make each one stand out more and to not spread the budget so thin in places IMO.

Could Golgo outgun Jigen?

Jigen is equipped with cartoon powers.

You should watch the Manben episode with the author of Golgo, it's pretty interesting.
Is the manga ending soon, imagine the author won't be living for long anymore.

I read that he already has the ending planned out in case of such events

Of course it is.

Its a bit shit but Viz translated and published 13 volumes

So faraway > Take the wave

imma hire golgo to assassinate your shit taste

So Far Away sounds like the opening for some hot-blooded tomboy anime.

Take the Wave is closer to what could be considered a theme for Golgo 13, but really a nice, somber jazz tune could nail the mood better IMO.

Also, the first OP was visually more coherent IMO.

Anyone see the movies?

what did you think of them?

They are different. That's why I dislike them.

BEST CGI

Good chunks of the (endless) manga that has been translated are pretty fun, and I enjoyed the show as well. It might be sacrilege given the pedigree behind it but I found The Professional to be a chore though.

They're not bad. Some of the attempts at using CG have aged laughably, but the stories themselves aren't too terrible.

Yeah, I kind of found The Profesional a little bit of a slog myself. You have to really be into the aesthetics and the world it sets up to get anything out of it IMO.

The early installments were weird. You can chalk it off as Golgo learning from his amateur mistakes, but maybe Saito didn't know what kind of character he wanted him to be (he just got done doing the 007 manga before the Fleming estate recalled everything).

For example, he wears a necklace in an early chapter, which is a choking hazard and an amateur mistake. He never wears one after.

I really like how tragic the villain was. The dude did everything because his son was killed by golgo

dude even let a crazy assassins to rape his son's wife so that he would kill Golgo

And then he finds out that the son ordered the hit on himself because he was too ashamed to be a failure in the eyes of his loving father. Fucking hell

i saw queen bee last week, it seemed fine

ED3 best ED in anime

youtube.com/watch?v=avJqMDaaDNs&list=PLAw61igWLXHGMQbZmq0N5TrJMDwlR_avk

I kind of liked picking out little touches like that when I went back and read the earlier stories though. And I think the earliest story the TV series adopted was the Alaskan Island Prison (I want to say it was like a single-digit chapter in the Manga?), because that was like the only time Golgo ever admitted his identity to a target that was on the verge of death.

Yeah, that was a high-point of it IMO. And again, The Professional had great moments, but a lot of downtime kind of disrupted the flow of the story too much.

That's the one with the biker chick and Golgo 13 in the hotel, with an up-tempo tune right?

Yeah, I like it as well.

There's another one that stuck out to me in the Viz-translated chapter, 50,000 Years of Desert. He and a plant worker go in to disable a reactor before it melts down. The worker admits that he saw Golgo shoot someone earlier, but he doesn't have to worry since he got a lethal dose of radiation. Golgo simply lights a cigarette for him and later shoots him in the head to spare him dying of radiation poisoning.

>Alaskan Prison Island

that was a fun one. Not sure if the physics with the searchlights thing was legit tho

hah

that one was sick as fuck

i looked it up afterwards but cant remember if real, im gonna rewatch it

>That's the one with the biker chick and Golgo 13 in the hotel

uhh she was like a senators daughter turned guerrilla fighter , they def fucked in a hotel, which is where he always fuckes
dubbed by John DiMaggio fukkin legit

I saw Queen/Killer Bee and it was amazing.

Whats he thinking about?

PRAY

FOR

YOU

what did you gentlemen think of that episode where Golgo was being hunted by that world famous paparazzi?

TAKE THE WAVE

i like this OP

Contracts and shot calculations.

>physics with the searchlights thing

makes it hard to search because theres an actual anime called halation

HALATION: the spreading of light beyond its proper boundaries to form a fog around the edges of a bright image in a photograph or on a television screen.

so maybe exaggerated but a thing

Not bad. The one where some guy's trying to make a movie about him was funnier IMO.

Also dumping some random pages from the Golgo 13 case files.

And that's all I've got.

Good. The CG has aged terribly though, but I think it was one of the first attempts at incorporating CG into a film, so it's somewhat forgivable.