Your name (Kimi No Na Wa) oscar nomination thread

Your name (Kimi No Na Wa) oscar nomination thread
youtube.com/watch?v=2LyfuLS2mlM

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/27-1/creator-of-your-name-asks-people-to-stop-seeing-it
oscar.go.com/news/nominations/oscar-nominations-2017-view-the-complete-list-of-nominees
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>YFW Oscars ignore Kimi no Na Wa

>Oscar
The judges don't care about cartoons and they care even less about cartoons from Asia.
Paying attention to the event is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's not gonna happen. ;_;

Eh do people really care about anime getting nominations?

it hasn't even opened in america yet. i don't think it's in contention

We all know it's either going to be Zootopia or Finding Dory that's going to win it.

They did a short run in LA so it could get nominated

If Kimi no na wa wins an oscar nomination I will eat the movie tickets I got from watching it

Will meme magic remain strong in 2017?

Be sure to stream it.

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

Threadly reminder that Oscar voters are generally 65+ and think the only good animation movies are those suitable for their 5 year old grandchildren.

DID
NOT
FIND
A
WAY

kill me right now

Nah, that's boring. We need a cute girl making a spit-sake offering.

DID NOT FIND A WAY

IGNORED
G
N
O
R
E
D

Fuck Miyazaki.

What did I tell you Sup Forums? No chance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#OscarsSoWestern

Didn't find a way...

Lost it's way

Keitai BTFO

also is Kubo and the two strings good?

DID NOT FIND A WAY

My sense of vanity is forcing me to exclaim: called it. Would have been nice if Your Name was also nominated, but I'm glad The Red Turtle was.

>Mel Gibson nominated as Director
>Kimi IGNORED no Na Wa

Every time.

body swap between genders as main plot

so original

I've seen the Red Turtle and it's right shit. I'm glad Your Name didn't get it though, even if just to spite F*nimation. Here's hoping it goes to Zootopia.

Kubo is awesome. Bug x Monkey are OTP and the witch sisters gave me a solid boner.

kek
YOUR SHIT CONFIRMED TRASH

I think it would have less of a chance if the voters were animation geeks.

>Ghibli NTRs Shinkai AGAIN

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chihiro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Name

Overrated but props to Laika for what they do. It really is amazing the stuff they do to make stop motion so fluid.

Threadly reminder that Shinkai practically says he does not want an Oscar.

Don't nominate.

FUCKING BTFO

So can Funi release the fucking Blu-ray already now that this bullshit is over?

Kubo is fantastic, the story isn't so good, but the movie is all about the gorgeous visuals and it's themes. It's one of the few times a movie managed to tug at my hearstrings and that shit, it's emotionally packed.

This

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/27-1/creator-of-your-name-asks-people-to-stop-seeing-it

>don't watch my movie

Sup Forums BTFO. eat shit

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>actually thought this plebshit would get nominated

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Suicide Squad got nominated for something

Good
Nobody who genuinely cares about animation gives a toss about oscars anyways. The award will just go to either Disney or Pixar like every single year. It holds no weight whatsoever

So glad Funimation decided to delay the wide release until April just so they could try to get an Oscar nom. Was it worth it assholes?

So what's the full list of nominees?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hell screening requirements aside Koe no Katachi has a better shot at this than Your Name because muh school bullying. They're looking for muh deep and muh mature themes OR appealing to children, not a romance flick.

I'm glad, Kimi no Na wa didn't get the nom. I don't want normies to know about it.

Wait wait..... I don't remember this scene happening. I mean the OP's image.

>Deadpool wasn't

Do you think someone who genuinely cared about animation would vote for Your Name?

this

The only thing it deserved

Google
Google
Google
Google
and not Finding Dory

Can't an anime movie that's not Ghibli shit get nominated for once?

oscar.go.com/news/nominations/oscar-nominations-2017-view-the-complete-list-of-nominees

Faggot please, most Sup Forumsnons know non-Miyazaki anime has zero chance. It's only the few casuals (idiots) and keitai spammers (retards) who try to push that shit.

If anything, not getting an oscar nominee might prove otherwise. Oscar more often than not always nominate trash before good movies for some reason, especially when it comes to animated films.
Just look at

We all know the answer is no.

Looks like user won't eat that shirt after all.

Shame.

Here's the screenshot of the stream for reference

Ah.. fuck me Sup Forums

>I don't want normies to know about it.
>Kimi no Na wa

Well to be fair it was the last time I saw a Japanese anime in a french cinema. By that I mean even French people knew they could make money with it, so it did found a way.

>Best Animated Feature — Kubo, Moana, My Life as a Zucchini, The Red Turtle, Zootopia

>Zootopia and Ghibli was nominated
>Kimi no na Wa was ignored

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah thank you.

It hurts!! fuck this, the icing on the cake would have been an Oscar Nomination.

God I hate French animation so much

Wow cuckter, first time seeing you on Sup Forums

You're the retard who blatantly ignored the fact that non-miyazaki anime has no fucking chance. Plenty of people have been saying that shit. But no, "muh meme magic", "can't wait to see Sup Forums BTFO".

We fucking told you, faggot.

Is watching the oscars equivalent to watching an Sup Forumsnon fap to his daughter?

Why even bother, Disney will always win.

Japanese people are weirdos.

I want Koe no Katachi to at least get nominated by either Oscars or Cannes to BTFO Kimi no shitters

The movie is flawed according to Shinkai and once you think about it, you'll agree with him.

Plus he probably doesn't want the Michelin Effect. The movie has already been put on a pedestal, once it wins an award it'll stay they forever and everyone will expect him to create another sales and critical hit like 'Your name.'

Great, now Sup Forums is going to shitpost on The Red Turtle because it won a stupid popularity contest. Fuck the Oscars.

Yeah, I'm sure they ignored it out of consideration for him.

If i hear 'La La Land' one more time

So it's like kimi no na wa then?

I don't mind the movie but the Kimi no Shitters are terrible for treating it as infallible and perfect.

HAHAHA WEEBS BTFO

It's funny that neither Your name nor Koe no Katachi were nominated. They are everything that the Oscar jury love: emotionally manipulative, corny and shallow.

>We're a high society of film critics!
>wtf? how am I suppose to know a movie exists if there aren't Happy Meal toys for it? Those movies aren't even in English!

Oh look another retard. Sup Forums doesn't and never cared about oscars. It's a few shits like you trying to hype up shit with Your Name.

Boring Zootopia is gonna get the award. Wish it were Moana.

Does Japan even care?
I don't think that people in anime industry put much meaning to some statue hand out by bunch of rich yanks. Miyazaki didn't even bother to go to US himself ircc cause of muh Iraq

Havent even heard of any of those desu

>still believing I'm him
Retard.
Never said it had a chance, I was pretty skeptical that the Academy would even look at it.

>>We're a high society of film critics!
No they're not, nor do they purport to be.

>Koe no Katachi
Barely anyone outside of Japan knew about it. Even within Japan, they underestimated it and it didn't have as much push or marketing as Your Name.

Yes, except they pretend they're not pedos in the Oscars.

Sup Forums never cared because nothing was at stake to ever come close? This was. Don't bitch at me, Sup Forums clearly acted different this year than any year prior. I had no part in it.

'high' arts have been more dead than my soul.

Can you name the last 3 winners for Best Picture without looking them up?