Oh yeah, I wasn't done strangling her

>oh yeah, I wasn't done strangling her

She does have a lovely neck, don't you think?

>Kimochiwarui
What did she mean by this?

Every aspect of her is lovely. But she made her neck extra alluring because she secretly wanted boys to wrap their hands around it. She even wears a choker in her first appearance.

She's probably talking about Shinji, since he's the only one there. You might have noticed that she has a tendency to insult him.

Why are the choking scenes in Eva so fucking feral? You can tell that the person who made them enjoyed ever minute of doing them.

Good animators?

Why did he strangle her?

Was literally just finishing this

Childhood traumas and fears are often manifest themselves as fetishes in adults. Fear and sexual arousal are tied very closely together, resulting in such fetishes as bondage. In Asuka's case, her trauma revolved around her mother strangling her, and this left a deep impression in her psyche, which guided her every move and action. The brash, brazen, and boastful Asuka was all a subconscious manifestion of her hidden desire. It was her way of getting what she truly wanted. Getting desperate, she tried to telegraph this more deliberately to Shinji, when she forcibly kissed him and held his nose shut, but became more aggravated than ever when he didn't get her message. Shinji only finally realized what Asuka had been seeking the whole time once he entered her mind and saw a fight they once had, but it ended differently in Asuka's head. He, for the first time, saw what Asuka had been after the whole time. When he is born again on the shores of the red sea, Asuka is beside him, and he rolls over and wraps his hands tightly around her neck, and she caresses him gently, for finally providing what she had longed for all this time.

what'd you think famalam?

I didn't get it

watch it again

So you're saying that Asuka got mating pressed.

Might when I find time for it

Phrasing.

What didn't you get?
Refer to pic related...

If you didn't understand the show without end of Evangelion you are a retard.

Why would Shinji strangle Asuka if Lilith seeing Asuka getting strangled earlier in the film was what set instrumentality in motion?

She's disgusted.

Fun fact: the voice actor for Shinji ended up choking Asuka's voice actor pretty hard on one take, I think it's the one they ended up using.

Wasn't really Asuka he strangled. Rei can only appear in the bodies of the dead to steal you away into instrumentality by making you open your A.T. field. Misato, Ritsuko, etc. Love works well for most people, but fear and anger also worked. Rei appeared as the dead Asuka to Shinji and goaded him into opening his AT field with anger.

Why he strangles her again, who knows.

It's because anno was a cuck and pissed at the voice actress of asuka because he wasn't able to hit that shit/put her on lock down.

Nigga has some issues.
All of this other shit that people interpret is just navel gazing and pseudo-intellectual navel gazing.

I understood the message, but there was never ever any point in the last 2 episodes where they clarified what instrumentality is or how it came about.

>Lilith seeing Asuka getting strangled earlier in the film was what set instrumentality in motion?
Instrumentality was set in motion because Asuka refusing to help Shinji was the serving of the absolute last tether to humanity he had left.

>Why he strangles her again, who knows.
Not wanting to take her absue and sadism?
Blaming her for the mind fuck for refusing to help him?

>Rei appeared as the dead Asuka
No not really, I think that was his own subconscious forming her representing humanity and her refusing to help him broke him making him completely uncaring if humans live or die from that point on.

I don't think she's talking about him.

Shinji's AT field was already open before the Asuka scene.
During this scene.

I found him strangling her at the beach a little unnecessary, why would he do that after all the character development that we had in instrumentality? It doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

Checked

I think that she's disgusted, but not by Shinji. Maybe she's feeling that way because of all that she saw and experienced in instrumentality or all that led to the situation she's in now. Maybe it's more of a combination of a bunch of things that happened in the movie rather than a single event, like she is speaking for the audience when she says that.