**1,073位 (***,204pt) [*,**4予約] 2017年03月15日 小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1 [Blu-ray]

>**1,073位 (***,204pt) [*,**4予約] 2017年03月15日 小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1 [Blu-ray]
>*10,165位 (***,*35pt) [*,**0予約] 2017年03月15日 小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1 [DVD]
>**3,383位 (***,*63pt) [*,**5予約] 2017年03月15日 【Amazon.co.jp限定】小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1(全巻購入特典:「アイテム未定」引換シリアルコード付) [Blu-ray]
>101,545位 (***,*15pt) [*,**0予約] 2017年03月15日 【Amazon.co.jp限定】小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1(全巻購入特典:「アイテム未定」引換シリアルコード付) [DVD]

>total of only 317 points so far
>even shows like Fuuka are doing better than it
What went wrong? Why does it seem like this could be KyoAni's worst-selling show since Munto?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=17274
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Overshadowed by the duck and Gab.

Because it's their worst show since Munto

No, KyoAni's worst show has to be Phantom World.

How do i read this?

Nope. Phantom World was fun and had a lot of variety and creativity. Basically Kyoani's Space Dandy.

That's Phantom World. Absolutely awful.

Kyoani hasn't made anything good since TLS.

Only two episodes have aired, calm your asshole.

Usually though you can tell if a show is going to do well or not at this point (not necessarily the exact sales numbers or even the preoders, but at the very least the trends). Of course there are late bloomers and shows which drop like a rock later on, but those are exceptions rather than the rule.

Also it had one of the best Kyoani characters ever.

Dropped after 10 minutes, it was just boring and lame looking. Even Phantom World was better.

Is Urara doing good?

Good animation isn't enough, there has to be a point. This show doesn't have one.

>What went wrong?
Honestly? The character designs are fucking ugly. It's the fault of the source material, but still.
The girls have random animal parts plastered over them. That is just not visually appealing. I don't think many Nips haven't even picked up the show for that reason.

>Ruru
>best
>not worst Phantom World

>**1,357位 (***,145pt) [*,**0予約] 2017年03月24日 うらら迷路帖 第1巻(イベントチケット優先申込券付 初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
Doesn't look that way. And that's with an event ticket.

> generic monster girl instead of going full feral or even anthro

it was doomed since the start.

Is this going to be the new Nichijou?

Wasn't this show one of the most anticipated of the season in Japan? How come it's doing worse than Fuuka? And besides, what's with Fuuka's performance? I thought it was going to be a huge flop but from the looks of things it could sell at least average.

But it was made by KyoAni, and KyoAni has its loyal set of fans.

I wonder if KyoAni should just stop having the cast sing the OP and/or ED all the time. While other studios do it as well, (except maybe Dogakobo) no one does it as consistently and to the extremes like KyoAni. Maybe the Nips are getting tired of it. Look at YoI: that was a huge seller, but the OP and ED weren't sung by the seiyuu.

What I don't get is why don't they choose good material to adapt? Recently it's been, Hibikek, Deaf love and maid in a drag. Fuck that. They could have adapted something good,

It's the Nichijou of 2017

>But it was made by KyoAni, and KyoAni has its loyal set of fans.
A lotta good that loyalty did with Nichijou.

Does that really matter?

Maybe.

Wasn't the Nichijou manga at least popular when it was made? Unlike Maid Dragon which apparently was relatively unknown.

If the Nips are to be believed, VEG might be it. VEG selling well remains to be seen, though.

Wew what happened to kyoanus?

Or is it /u/fags' fault that they still sore that /ourguy/ shoe won the kumiko?

That's what they got for adapting his worst work. Deserved.

As if. If it were actually good, you don't need just the nips to know it.

Shitty design
Manga by talentless hack no one cares about
They better stick to their own masterpieces like Phantom World and Kyoukai no Kanata

What are his other manga like?

I still can't believe somekindofthing would disown Hibikek just because it had a het end. That guy is the same yurifag who is a huge IM@S fag and hates Love Live with a passion even though LL has more yuri than IM@S.

Because anime are usually done by committees that fund the thing, studios usually offer a bid so the cheapest one usually gets picked ... there are exceptions, KEY for example decided to go with J.C. Staff instead of KyoAni with Little Busters.

Its not as they can choose, part of why they tried their LN brand was so they could pick from something they owned instead of having to bid but I dont think that worked too well.

>Phantom World
>Lots of variety and criativity
Go seek help right now.

mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=17274

At least watch the show before shitposting, my sweet winter break child.

But Kyoani is at the top of the committee in this.

That's not Mai though.

>What are his other manga like?
Did you watch that one breeding propaganda anime short from a few years ago? That was probably one of the most popular shorts on Sup Forums in general. It's an adaptation of his manga.

>Honestly? The character designs are fucking ugly.
This. The first time I saw Tooru my first thought was why the fuck is Kyoani doing this?

What, Kobayashi-san is Kyoanus?
I didn't even.

Which one? There are several manga listed on that page.

Where have you been?

Being at the top line of the credits doesn't mean you get to call the shots.

Source?

It means they fund this shit. It's their baby.

I think Ultimatemegax's list of production committee members did say that KyoAni is at the top of the production committee in this one.

Lesbians are overrated.

>muh yuri
It's a slice of life comedy show.

With an emphasis on homosexual relationship. Even the guys go homo. Fuck that.

>no no I mean I live you sexually miss ol!
They're going all out and there are still deniers

>phantom world is the most low common denominator schlock they've ever done
>compares it to space dandy's originality

Seek medical help.

It's honestly like some people can't enjoy a show unless its top 5 of the selling list.

I thought this was about a studio that distinguishes itself by playing it safe and sticking to generic appeal not doing well by the one metric that actually matters to them.

It's played as a joke. I've yet to see any emphasis on homosexuality. The main theme of this story is family.

Does that annoying hypocritical yurifag somekindofthing like this show?

t. Free landwhale

Be honest and tell me how many episodes did you actually see?

Now I know you didn't watch it, you just heard battle harem and decided to shitpost about it, didn't you?

Why do you care?

I think it was the one with the anime nerd married to the blonde haired girl.

One word: KyoAni.

It's good but it's not "I want to own this" good

If every person there have a same sex partner that they act like a couple with, it's obvious that they have a homosexual agenda.

That's Sup Forums for you. Nobody cared about Youjo Senki and only ever mentioned it negative light. Then the sales threads popped up and suddenly we had a dozen of threads saying Youjo Senki is aots, aoty, best girl etc.

There is also /ss/ so what? Will you call it a pedophilia agenda?

>anime
>having a point

Either they are shitposters targetting most popular anime by nips or they are so insecure they need stalkershit to justify their liking something.

If everyone there have a secret loli or shota partner yes. But you see they don't. What they have is that everyone have a same sex partner. The hell man.

What same sex couples? We hadn't seen any couples on the show at all.

Some people here seemed to have cared about it before, if only because of Aoi Yuuki.

most anime don't have any point.

Dragon is kobayashi sexual. She'd still fuck Kobayashi if she was a guy. This was actually a chapter.

There is no /ss/.

Same sex partner that act like a couple. Of course there's no real partner. Hell even the male dragon seems to be gay.

>Nobody cared about Youjo Senki and only ever mentioned it negative light.
But that's wrong

Hibike S1 was doing terribly until episode 8. This par for the course for most KyoAni shows

>KyoAnus dies
YES FINALLY

It's good but right now it's nothing special, that said there are more generic and pointless shows higher than Maidragon right now. Like Gabriel Dropout or KonoSuba. Demi-chan is also generic but the way they deal with the monster girl issues is at least somewhat fresh, most monster girl shows are just harem/ecchi/fetish but Demi while being all that it also deals with racism and cripple allegories.

Never.

They're just going to make Haruhi S3 and K-On S3 if they really need money.

As I said, exception, not the rule.

It was never doing this poorly. This may be Kyoanis worst selling show ever. A new show that can't break into the top 300 (thats not a fujo show) is 99% RIP.

Kyoani wouldn't get much from that though regardless of how well they do. They aren't high on the production committee. If they want money, they'll make more Free.

Hibike still sold far below expectations.

Was that the surprise yuribait episode?

So I guess Fuuka is dead too? The anime, not the character.

Yeah vol1 couldn't crack 8k.

Hibike was one of those special cases, most shows that are flopping now after the third episode, don't recover. Hibike saw an increase after episode 5 and then in episode 8, which were incredibly good episodes. Maidragon manga doesn't have something on par with that. Unless KyoAni makes an anime original episode to that level of Hibike, it is guarantied to flop.

Well yeah. But it was always dead. That kind of material doesn't move discs at all. A manga boost is likely all that is expected of it.

If I recall correctly, yes.

To be fair Hibike's sales were still pretty decent and given the fact that the original novels were relatively obscure and were published by a somewhat unpopular company, so if anything the people involved should be really pleased with the publicity the series got.

That was Hibike 2 retard, we're talking about Hibike 1.

This is literally their 3rd bigtit-fag exclusive show in a row, aside from Hibike.
Also they should have just cut the loli out at all, as lolicons are already not watching their shows, since everyone knows they're gonna shaft her and cut out her few fanservice scenes.

What prompted KyoAni to make this show anyway? It was obviously going to flop.

As based Megax said, they did it for favor.

Might be even worse than munto.
I watched hibikek and even watched through phantom world, it was ok to kill time.
Maidragon is fuckawful.

I actually have a feeling Fuuka will rise after drama hits.
Plus, so far the adaptation is pretty good, i'm honestly surprised (after seeing the utter disaster Suzuka was back in the day)

KnK and Phantom crap are the only KyoAni shows I couldn't even finish.

They were just generic as fuck LN haremshits with KyoAni animation.

Why is it "fuckawful"?

>Usually though you can tell if a show is going to do well or not at this point

When will you fucking retards finally learn that those disc pre-orders matter shit?

Disc sales are just a tiny fraction of a series revenue. They are overpriced trash and only people buying them are fanatical fans who want the extras given with them.

This is why the likes of LL, YoI or Granblue rule in disc sales. Those volumes just had extras luring fans.

There are rare exceptions like Madoka but they happen once every few years.

Yes.

Hyouka was also doing like shit until that ED happened.

They like it and have enough $ to animate series they like instead of begging sponsors.

'They like it' isn't a good business model.

They don't care. They have one of the best revenues among anime studios not counting giants like Sunrise.