Official Kimi no na wa Oscar celebration thread

Official Kimi no na wa Oscar celebration thread.

The Academy Awards hasn't even started yet but fuck it, we won.

Get in here Shinkaibros

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I almost feel sad for you.

It wasn't even nominated.

>mfw just checked nominations
>mfw the red turtle nominated instead

This. It never had a chance cause its not western and American critics are still notoriously ignorant to foreign media and film.

red turtle is much better than this force drama garbage

>The Academy Awards hasn't even started yet but fuck it, we won.

That denial, tho.

>snubbed in favour of red turtle
Disney Jews strike again

>falseflagging

>cgi turtle much better than best selling anime film of all time

It only won because of the Ghibli name and you know it.

Chihiro disagrees

>oh vey I didn't have any point to bring up except for muh sales

A best seller isn't necessarily good.

Not to mention some can prove quite the otherwise.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Considered for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

We're going to make it, lads. Meme magic will pull us through.

The fact that both Sing and Moana got nominated and Kimi didn't is such a joke. At least Moana looked good, Sing was shit through and through

sing?

This thread basically.

>submitting a film without enough gays, black people, or natives in it
>groping scene

Oh gee, I wonder why it wasn't nominated! Such a mystery!

>implying people at oscars even know what this is
>implying anyone outside of the anime community would like this more than disney's furryshit
user I almost feel sad for you but then again this is probably one of those threads.

Cause its not western. Simple. Its 2017 but the US mindset to foreign media and affairs is still in the 30s.

More like...

no dude, they gonna rep you with more sales
fuck off fag, almost none of those animated movies have it
and red turtle have nude scene I think

Nice

DID NOT FIND A WAY

>LA critic award

Delighted it got some acknowledgement. Also beating out Spirited Away is great. Chihiro nearly got me when she broke down in the garden but Kimi No Na Wa genuienely made me close to tears.

That movie about the animals singing in a competition aka the Dreamworks "Zootopia" ripoff

Wrong Sing. I would have been actually upset if that got nominated over Kimi.

>Considered for an Oscar
It wasn't even nominated.

Maybe it can win the Chinese academy awards or something.

>Your name is the best profit, most famous animated movie guys guys, gotta win oscar
>oh no oscar is now irrelevant because it said so

That's actually a great point. The critics probably hated it for not being "diverse" enough. Explains why Sing got nominated, gotta have those crime gorillas rapping lol

Deserved a nomination for Crunchyroll anime award.

>non chinese moive, not to mention from EVIL NIPPON
>winning chinese academy ever
that shit even more rigged than oscar

Star Wars makes over a billion world wide and they didn't even get nominated for best picture. Selling a lot is not a guarantee for a nomination. Sure SW has nominations in other categories, I was surprised the Oscars even nominated Dr Strange.

What Makoto Shinkai is thinking right now:

>FUCK. The deadline for proposal draws closer and I still have no idea.
>fail Oscar nomination? Good!
>I know! I'll rework the same script I've used after all these years! A love story about teenagers that have to deal with distance!
>Oh, what's this I see in the gaijin 2ch board? Kei-tai, is it...?

What was good about Moana besides the animation? Can someone who saw it give us some insight on why it deserves best animation?

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Hope that Koe no Katachi gets nominated next year, the story fits perfectly to be an Oscar bait unlike Kimi no na Wa

Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
My Life As a Zucchini
The Red Turtle
Zootopia
wut? where the sing shit you keep talking about

>My Life As a Zucchini got a nomination
>Your Name did not

Finds a way

it's a more complete story, not
>LEL lel dump all developments it should have in a Jpop song

Aren't Oscars only for 3D movies?

>there are fags who genuinely think that any non-ghibli anime has a chance at the oscars

Why the fuck didn't they show how Mitsuha convinced her dad to make people run to the school?
Also, in a previous scene why didn't they show what happened after Mitsuha's dad figured out the girl in front of him wasn't his daughter? It's fair to assume he had at least heard about the body swap phenomenon from the temple family, otherwise he would have never guessed someone else was in Mitsuha's body.
Finally, they should have included more scenes about the two protagonists getting to know each other.
Overall it was a good movie, especially the second half (despite the two flaws mentioned above).
I give it a 7.5/10.

normalfag weebs btfo

Oh shit I must have read something wrong. Could have sworn they said Sing got in. It was why I was so pissed.

Still should have beaten Moana though. No one has been talking about that movie, it's even 100 million behind Your Name despite Your Name not releasing in theaters in US

>Moana
>Zootopia
>two Disney entries in a single category

And people say the Oscars aren't rigged.

Literal industry circlejerk. The only reason Miyazaki won with Spirited Away was that they made room for him in the circlejerk.

It was made by Pixar and therefore it's nominated by default.

Red Turtle and Kubo don't have any of those either. Stop being so assblasted because your generic weeb trash didn't get a nomination.
Same goes for some of the live action movies like Arrival and Hacksaw Ridge.
Sounds like you mad because your generic weeb trash didn't get a nomination

>Moana
>made by Pixar

It's a Disney film tho.

it looks ugly but at least they know how to make a decent plot and carter to its demographic unlike shinkai

Nah, it's just that French animation > Japanese. Even Ghibli agrees.

>this thread

>a Murrica event
>oh no why they have more murrica movies nominated than other countries

Disney is the US distributor of many Ghibli movies

I thought it was pixar, at any rate my point stands. Disney films are also nominated by default.

Too late. As we al know, next Oscar winning anime will be Violet Evergarden.

Pixar didn't get nominated this year. Imagine that.

Pixar's entry this year is Finding Dory.

Disney also cannibalized Pixar talent in order to revive their animated film studios, going from trash like Chicken Little to Frozen throughout the Disney-Pixar merger of sorts.

this
this year pixar has finding dory and that dinosaur shit right?
both are garbage no wonder

>he thinks this movie is gonna win an academy award
Not with a Disney and Pixar movie running. The only reason Spirited Away won years ago is because it was the driest year for western animation. With Zootopia and Finding Dora running, nothing has a chance.

Note, I'm not saying those movies are better. I'm just saying the academy awards voting is stupid.

Like Miss """"""""""""Universe"""""""""""" mostly having Miss America winning the title, right?

Finding Dory was alright except for the last act

I got it confused with Golden Globes which nominated:

Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
My Life as a Zucchini
Sing
Zootopia

Which kicked out Ghibli for Sing

Was Keit-Ai a mistake?

Finding Dory is literally a Finding Nemo retread with a CSS Dory theme attached to it.

>The butthurt in this thread
Shinkai would be even more happy if he could read English and read this thread.

>Caring about the Oscars
Only reason to watch is to see celebrities cry about politics. This year will be especially good.

Yes.

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW

since when Oscar was "worldwide"
zootopia was decent, and dory shit wasn't even nominated

>doesn't win Oscars
>doesn't gross more than Spirited Away when inflation is taken into account

Miyazaki's face when.

>when inflation is taken into account
how did you make that count?
>japan
>inflation

Keit-ai is already a manga. Stop posting it.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

I didn't watch this movie & never will because This is just your another generic "Romance Gender bender" shit anime.

Don't worry, Shinkai's next movie is going to be a worldwide hit.

Not even a Ghibli film.

Confirmed.

Even Shinkai agrees.

Miyazaki didn't even go to accept his oscar and never acknowledges it. For good reason.

Careful.

I got v& for posting a Frodo asking about the stupidity of Your Name.

Shit and salt aside, Kimi no na Wa probably could have had a chance being a schlocky romance anime. If something like Titanic made it big, Kimi no na Wa could have appealed to their taste.

That said, I don't think it deserved to be nominated. It was flawed as Shinkai pointed out and I agree with him after giving it long, extensive thought.

Problem is, I don't think Shinkaifags will calm down for the next one week and continue to spout conspiracy theories about not enough negros and how it's rigged.

???

The animation oscars are a fucking joke, it's a fact. The academy members vote for whatever their kids liked, that's it.

If being the hottest selling shit instantly means you should deserve as Oscar than shit like the Avengers and Transformers will be Best Picture of the Year.

Think about that.

>WAH! Why was La La Land nominated for Best Picture when The Force Awakens made billions more than it did? WAH!

They both animated it and had direct creative influence on the movie. Director originally had dialog in it for one but took it out after heads at Ghibli said it would be better without.

And it's going to be Keit-ai.

omg all this salts from shinkai fag
BTFO HAHAHAHA

>Sup Forums not letting out a sigh of relief because we've successfully kept normies and Hollywood from taking interest in anime

Seriously, Sup Forums.

Anyway, all we need now is to have the Ghost in the Shell movie with Scarlett Johamsson to flop.

>normies

fag

ANIME is SAVED!

Shinkaifags BTFO!

>muh seekrit club

Kubo is a legitimately better movie and it's not close. Havent seen the rest so I cant say but Im guessing its more of the same.

I hope nobody here actually gives a shit about these joke awards

no
for god sake it was shinkai shit that is a mediocre normie bait
now fuck off to mal or leddit newfag

You should have never trusted Hollywood.

>normies
>we

Dont associate yourself with Sup Forums you fucking normalfag going through his weeaboo phase.

Red turtle is dishonest filmmaking.

At least that awful piece of crap Sing didn't get nominated. Had to see it with my little cousin and it was like the most generic souless animation movie ever conceived

You notice Miyazaki, Kon, Takahata, Oshii, Anno, Ikuhara, Hosoda all work with mostly female protagonists? That's why Shinkai will never reach the big leagues, too much sausage fests as MCs desu.

the fuck is dishonest filmmaking