JoJo

Who is the best JoJo and why is it Joshu~~

In other news, what the fuck is Jobin even doing? I can't wait for a flashback chapter to clear all these holes up.

Gappy makes me happy

Jolyne

Jobin makes me feel golden

my animeonly friend is watching SC and he said he's getting tired of the repetitiveness. what do i tell him to keep him going
he's at the steely dan fight

Only fags like Fried chicken

fuck kill marry

post jomixes

Does he hate Avdol, Iggy, or Kakyoin?
if so, you're in luck. :^)

F- Part 8 Kira
K- Josefumi
M- Yasuho

Kill
Kill
Kill

this is why you don't introduce your friends to jojo. he'll probably warm up to part 3 by the end but shit all over part 4 and 5 like an autist

Fuck Yashuo, Marry Yashuo, Kill Rockmen.
Nice try Rock scum

fuck off Jobin

There are people RIGHT now who unironiclly prefer Joshu

The only true jojo to take you higher.

t.Rock Nigger

Reminder

if he's talking about the stand of the week concept just tell him to stop because it won't change until SBR. But if he's talking about the part 3 in general he's kinda right, he'll just have to bear with it.

he also hates jotaro but loves joseph, i dont know if he's right or wrong

Going off from last thread,
What defines a character as an "alternate universe counterpart" ?
We know that Araki intended for certain characters to be parallel incarnations by his own account, and we know this doesn't just apply to SBR.
But I feel like we need to establish where to draw the line. Araki re-uses a lot of elements for new characters, but this doesn't mean he intends for them to be actual parallels.
We know Johnny, Gyro, Lucy and Diego are counterparts to Jonathan, Will/Caesar, Erina and Dio. And we know JJL KIra is a counterpart for Kira.
Are there any others that we can actually define as counterparts without reaching too hard ?

fuck
marry
fuck

>Loves joseph

>not fucking and marrying all of them then taking out a huge life insurance policy only to kill them all some time later to get the money

Isn't JoJolion Kira also technically a counterpart to Jotaro?

the "alternate universe counterpart" thing is a meme created to justify hackraki's shameless recycling of characters and concepts

Fuck
Get Fucked By
Fuck

Looking at family lines suggests a lot of stuff, as well as relationships to other characters.

Lucy Steel (nee Pendleton) and Rina Higashikata are both counterparts of Erina Pendleton, for instance. Lucy gets her name and much of her personality, and Rina gets the first name and the marriage to the Jonathan Joestar of the universe. And Kyo has much of Jotaro's personality and his hat, as well as being Holly's child.

There's also a Joseph Joestar and a Holly Kira who are clearly Joseph and Holly.

Going by the family tree shit
Norisuke IV is Josuke being the son of Tomoko
Kira and Kyo would technically also be part Jotaro
But also in name, Josefumi would be part Jotaro since he is the Son of Sadao Kujo and Kiyomi Kujo.
Fuck this is becoming more confusing trying to narrow it down.

i have a friend who still thinks part 2 is the best even after experiencing the greatness of part 4 and 5. help

I feel if you put too much weight on that sort of thing you're doing a disservice to both the old character and the new one.

A lot of time a single old character has their traits spread between several new ones, and a single new character often references many old ones. Just take the references for what they are and don't think about them too hard. At the end of the day they're still new characters in a new story.

they have nothing in common aside from having an ill mother named Holly Joestar

part 8 kira is more similar to david bowie, and even then they are totally different characters

I'm sure part 9 will wrap it all up and explain everything

I have one too actually, his fav jojo is joseph and thinks part 2 is the best. He's reading part 6 rn and thinks it's pretty boring, what do.

karera is yukako
JJL kira is stardust man kira
jobin is yuuya
holly is holly

>Kyo has part Jotaro genetically but in namesake is part Okuyasu
>Gappy is a fusion of a Part Jotaro and Part Duwang Kira and a Part Jotaro and Part Duwang Josefumi
>Therefore Gappy is literally a Jotaro/Kira/Josuke hybrid
>Josefumi himself is also referred to as "Josephmi" and has the connections to be a Duwang Josuke counterpart (Birthmark and Pompadour life)
>Karera is Part Yukako but has literally no correlation with Yukako
>Yashuo is Part Koichi but has no dick

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He looks similarly to Jotaro, he's technically in Jotaro's spot on the Joestar family tree, he's got Jotaro's affinity for the sea, and he has some personality similarities as well.

Let him have his taste. it is his own
even though its shit. Fucking LOVED part 6
In the case with Kyo, thats her fake name. her last name would be either Kira or Kira-joestar like her mothers

He isn't wrong, Part 6 is fucking boring for nearly 2/3 of the read.

I don't think it's just a meme because he said it himself that he wanted readers to view these characters as parallel incarnations (even though he prefers not to insist too heavily on this).

Yeah, that's the thing: Araki loves re-using elements as a way to build character, he loves to reinvent himself. And, because of this AU thing, we have people who take every single similarity as a sign that it must mean the character is a counterpart.
I just want to put a list like this together so we can stop saying stupid bullshit like calling Kyo a counterpart to Jotaro just because she dresses like him and doesn't talk much.

Yeah, it's confusing.
I'm starting to think that maybe it's not even worth thinking about this at all.
JJL is just a crazy mixture of old and new, I think Araki only intends for the character to be a counterpart when he directly names them after a previous character (like Diego or Kira).

that's why I said "but in namesake" desu, its still confusing regardless
>but the important question is: when did SBR-Joseph diddle Josefumi's mom

what is the most "what the fuck was araki thinking" moment

Valentine's backstory being from Pulp Fiction

S N A I L S

part 6

The kid looking at what Pet Shop did to his dogs
We know Araki kills dogs for shock effect but he took it way to far that time

14-year-old Lucy

>Lets see together what will happen to these people plunged in that strange race that is life!
Holy fuck, Araki.
Why just one?
>Weather getting lynched by a bunch of Spooky ghost by request from his clearly darker nigga brother
>Weaponizeing suicide in the form of power
>killing japans favorite JoJo
>Snail subliminal images
>Araki himself telling the ghost that was haunting his house to fuck off so he can sleep and it worked
>Metallica
i know im missing some but its a start

damn forgot about the sea

you're right about those things, but its still kinda hard for me to see him as a Jotaro counterpart, tho thats mostly a personal thing

bohemian rhapsody

wait
does joshu have the birthmark?

No
Hes a Higashikata
Gappy has it since Kira was a Joestar and Josefumi also had it for some reason

>I just want to put a list like this together so we can stop saying stupid bullshit like calling Kyo a counterpart to Jotaro just because she dresses like him and doesn't talk much.
But here's the thing, you can't make a list like that and then discount a reference like that one, because Holly's child wearing a cap is definitely a reference. It's not a very deep one, but honestly none of them really are.

It's better to just not bother trying to draw the line anywhere. I've long lost track of how many different characters have been alluded to with Josuke or Yasuho.

Yotsuyu has the same eyes, too. That was the main discussion for that "It wasn't Yotsuyu looking through the door." theory.

MILF Monster also has these eyes that some people think are Gappy fused eyes.

>Part 1's OP had sound effects in the last episode of Part 1
>Part 2's final episode played both Sono Chi no Sadame and Bloody Stream in the episode
>Part 3's OP had DIO attack the heroes and stop time
>Part 4 carried on the "villain attacks the OP" thing and played a special version of the OP in the final episode with all the previous singers assembled

So each part so far has had a surprise for us regarding their respective openings.
I hope David finds ways to surprise us in the next seasons

No.
it would be a whole different story if he did, and now i want to see that

>King Crimson skips the entire part and we get directly to part 6
now that would be a pleasant surprise

would Fuckin' Randy be Koichi?

I liked that, while everyone expected Kira to rewind the OP (thus we had anons dissapointed and expecting something better), no one could have foreseen Great Days sung by all the previous singers. That was the actual surprise for the fans.

this

but the more I think about it...
the more I'm ok with it

>Skipping one of the best parts

>Part 5's OP "skips" to the start of the first part 6 OP and then ends

>The first episode of Part 5 actually becomes Sleeping Slaves and ends before the foreshadowing of Buccellati's death, skipping to Koichi and Jotaro before ending on a "To Be Continued" on Giorno
>Bruno's death when animated or the Epilogue will show what was cut out from Sleeping Slaves

probably a shit idea but i would be surprised at least

if dio hadnt died, would this have worked?

Probably not.

>Phantom Blood started the "sound effects at the end"
>Battle Tendency started the "play the opening theme at the final episode" thing
>Stardust Crusaders created the "villain uses his powers to affect the opening"
>Diamond Is Unbreakable used all of these things and also brought all the previous singers together to sing the opening

I hope Stone Ocean brings all these things, as well as whatever the Vento opening brings to the table, together.
It's going to be absolutely based.

i don't think 21st Century Schizoid Man could work as an ED for the same reason holy diver and killer queen couldn't : these aren't song for the jojos, but rather the villains. walk like an egyptian and i want you fit the mood for their respective group of heroes

If DIO didnt die, he would have practiced stopping time for about 4 hours and either left Pucci in stopped time or achieved the heaven plan and crown Himself king of England

Requiem
Snails
Dio sons

I wish Killer Queen was my girlfriend

Dio's sons were actually fun, they kinda remind me of the koopalings

Personally, I stopped trying to look too hard for any counterparts in SBRverse. It's a lot of Araki taking old ideas, combining or dividing them, and exploring them in new ways.
Kir8 has some of Jotaro and some of Bowie in him, but he's drastically different from both characters, it's why I enjoyed him so much.

Apollo 11 and Donatello were both sweet characters, loved reading them.
Ungalo was stupid and had a stupid fight with a horrible ending.

Yeah it's too on the nose, but it would be cool if they played Court of the Crimson King during Diavolo's appearance at the stadium. Even though I know they won't....

>hating on based druggie
His fight had me on edge cause i thought Araki was gonna go full Madman and have Anasui fight off Beauty and the Beast and Weather fight off Superman. Even without that it was still enjoyable
>Wezha kills Van gohg with his OC
>Wolfman Anasui got arrested
i sort of hope the anime shows Jolyne and Hermes fighting off some comic book niggas

>file name

i am 99% sure donatello was supposed to be some unholy offspring of dio and pucci but araki dropped it. i mean he looks like both. and there's also that scene where pucci compares their height and sizes. shit's weird

I actually like sailor kira better than bowie kira, the latter being my favorite villain in the series

It just felt pointless. It supposedly killed tons of people due to its range, but we didn't see any serious side effects from it.
And druggie just losing will to live and dying was dumb. Why didn't he just make his own fucking OC.

>that scene where pucci compares their height and sizes
What was that scene about again?

>there's also that scene where pucci compares their height and sizes. shit's weird
What did Araki/Pucci meant by that?
I still dont know what was the point of that

I always look at Donatello as some sort of prototype Diego.
They feel remarkably similar in motivation and they're both Brandos, but I think Araki just realized it was too late to fully explore the idea and killed off Donatello.

Silver Chariot Requiem. What a mess of a stand.

I think I get this part.
This is foreshadowing Pucci disguising Donatello as him with Whitesnake in order to distract Jolyne and get away.

What is the name of Killer Queen's third bomb again?

>good fucking lord, praise him, this kid literally looks like DIO
>like shit nigga, he aint got the Tiddies but this nigga is literally a Brando Git
>whatever was in that white boiis seed only worked on 2 of those little shits
>ones a fucking cow, the other is a Mii, dont remember what that one i dropped off in italy lookd like, but holy fuck this is DIO Jr.

>they remind me of the Koopalings

Oh yeah, that makes sense

Ingest and Digest the Particles of Various Microscopic Organisms and Debris

Don't Stop Me Now

nibble the air

did pucci fuck donatello?

Bites the Dick

holy shit why is pucci so gay how can a man possibly be this gay

Hopefully

It's Killer Queen: Chomp on Dirt.

Is fucking your best friends son acceptable?
The answer is __

>fucking your dead lover's son
disrespectful