Sup Forums, if Kill la Kill has a complex, multi-layer plot built around an extended metaphor about womanhood...

Sup Forums, if Kill la Kill has a complex, multi-layer plot built around an extended metaphor about womanhood, why are real women so utterly incapable of understanding it, or anime in general for that matter?

because real girls smell
true fact

>>>/reddit/

>multi-layer plot built around an extended metaphor about womanhood
Care to elaborate?

I have plenty of female friends who love kill la kill. Maybe the problem isn't the women, but the fact that you know no women.

>klk
>plot

Sanageyama impregnated Ryuko

Takarada impregnated the ugly Satsuki (poor guy)

Gamagori, who is half black (black American soldier from Okinawa was his father), impregnated Mako

I_______ impregnated Nonon

The entire thing is a whole extended metaphor for womanhood. Ryuko gets really sexy and powerful after finding Senketsu, who needs her blood to function. When girls hit puberty and start having periods, they gain a certain "power" over men, so to speak. Especially if they're attractive. The whole episode where she freaks out and turns into a monster is about periods and period cramps. Notice where the teeth are, and where they jab her? Vag/lower abdomen. She also bleeds everywhere. Couple those with the plot initially revolving around the loss of her father and her conflict with her mother, alongside her sister who she initially competed with also? There's a lot more to it that you can read into yourself, but there's some of the Freudian shit behind the whole thing. It's wonderful, as art and as entertainment. Kill la Kill is a ten out of ten.

>why are real women so utterly incapable of understand
Anyway KLK was shit.

>Kill la Kill is a ten out of ten

Dude chill the fuck out it was great but wew get that autism checked out

This is what Sup Forums is now lads. Neo Sup Forums folks, infested with tumblrinas and far left faggots.

t.Digibro

>if Kill la Kill has a complex, multi-layer plot built around an extended metaphor about womanhood,

It doesn't. Great discussion we had here today

>a complex, multi-layer plot built around an extended metaphor about womanhood
No one said that. No body says this.
That has nothing to do with above. Its just what you gained from the story and you make assumptions based on what you viewed. It isn't complex in the slightest.

It's objectively good, and super complex. Sorry that you have shit taste and are unable to understand what constitutes deeper meaning in contemporary art.

Best post in this thread.

Worst post in this thread - and I didn't even read it, because I read the best post in this thread instead.

I don't feel like the extended metaphor in KlK worked near as well as the one for TTGL. Ultimately the concept of a spiral tying into drills, dicks, life itself, the whole universe, moving forward incrementally, worked much better than something based off a pun that fashion = fascism.

Explain?

Kill la Kill isn't about womanhood, no more than TTGL and its drills were about manhood. Those are superficial allusions and nothing more.
What KLK is about, and it should be obvious to anyone who has seen at least two Imaishi anime, is individuality and freedom from social expectations, with an emphasy on how that works within the family and the school system.
This reads like a Flip Floppers post.

>kill la kill could have had a simple sexploitation plot that was just an excuse to make the female characters strip
>instead we got some forced epic garbage
trigger was a mistake

What's there to explain, that was the explanation. KlK's all-consuming metaphor needed more time in the oven.

You were a mistake.
Though it is true that Kiznaiver was shit. What the fuck were they thinking with those last few scenes? They took a good idea and boop, into the garbage.

If you think TTGL isn't about manhood you need to get your head-checked.

It's not THE major plot-point, but it is a plot-point.

Kill la Kill is about womanhood, and Gurren Lagann is about manhood. They're both great, and opposite sides of the same coin. Fantastic stuff.

>extended metaphor about womanhood
You mean growing up.

Or did Senketsu looking like a school uniform and the whole thing being set in a school fly over your head?

women are dumb

Becoming a woman, then. It still functions as intended. Arguing over semantics is pointless, especially if you understood what was meant.

Growing up and definitely about how status items don't make the person.

>Pigs in human clothing!

Who knew Mako was that stacked.

TTGL isn't about manhood. It's about the new generation taking over realizing the limits of the one that preceded it, and then not betraying exoectations, about passing the torch.
The obvious drill = dick metaphors are superficial jokes and nothing more.
Stop being retarded.

>The obvious drill = dick metaphors are superficial jokes and nothing more.
No, it ties into life continuing. If you didn't know, that's what dicks are for. Its part of the overall theme you mentioned above, right up there with the double helix. Ganmen are literally stronger when run on boner fuel because it is the desire to live and move on as a species. Its not specifically about dicks, since women can use spiral power too, but unless they're a duck the spiral/drill/pierce metaphor doesn't work as well for them.

All this nonsense about womanhood. Its funny that if you took Ryuko and Satsuki and switched there genders no one would bat an eye.

I'm pretty sure lots of people would've puked at the ass-riding banana hammocks they wear. It would be a pretty different series at that point.

>Its not specifically about dicks, since women can use spiral power too,
Exactly, the episode with Yoko as a school teacher nurturing the next generation should be self explanatory. It's not about manhood. It's about old and new. About paying homage to 40 years of history of japanese animation and using it to move even forward.

>if you took Ryuko and Satsuki and switched there genders no one would bat an eye
Except the whole plot point about being unable to unleash your true power because of embarrassment wouldn't make sense if it was just a dude in a speedo.

>sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
The Thread

KLK couldn't be clearer with its methapors and message.
The fact that people still fail to notice/misunderstand them it's baffling.

I mean running around practically nude is embarrassing regardless of gender but ok. You guys missed my point though. I meant that they literally play out like two hot blooded shounen characters.

>Fanfiction Galore

Ryuko is a sukeban and Satsuki is stoic, not hot blooded. The series definitely needed female protagonists, the villain being their fashion designer mom whose plan is forcing them into "marriage" would be equally out of place if they were males.

The Satsuki and Mako parts were literally confirmed in canon (Satsuki has no value to the world after the REVOCS scandal, has no skills worth selling other than her manko skills, and yet she lives a comfortable life + Honnouji was rebuilt into a prosperous town? = obviously Takarada's work, whose trophy wife she is now).

her name is Mankanshoku

an Osaka phrase meaning "to the nines"

Ryuko/Mako OTP

Imaishi is rolling in his grave.

Please die you Tumblr scum.

"Deito" was what they were doing after the credits. It's girls doing retarded woman stuff like shopping and going to the hairdresser together in Japanese.

A romantic date is what Ryuko had with Sanageyama after which he impregnated her with his little monkeys.

Nobody cares about that faggot jobber. He hasn't even talked to Ryuko at all during the entire second half of the show.

Her boobs are way too big there.

Well Aikuro is fine too as a second best option for her as well.

Anything is fine than the degenerate NTR fetishists who want her to be with clothes (thankfully that got sunk completely and utterly via death) or Jar Jar Binks.

this stupid fucking thread again
Kill la Kill was nothing more then a stupid show with over the top fanservice that was just garbage for the sake of entertainment

I bet OP is a fucking austist who tries to find meaning in anything: He probably thinks DBZ is an extended metaphor for the struggles of the japanese salary man, with goku going super saiyjin the final job promotion finally earned

OP here. DBZ is pleb tier trash.

>(insert anime name here) was nothing more then a stupid show with over the top fanservice that was just garbage for the sake of entertainment.

Holy fucking shit.

These are the words of a man whose only ever spoken to one woman: his mother.

t. braindead idiot
Post-FLCL Gainax and Trigger originals are perfect pleb filters, since they look dumb on the surface but are actually much smarter than their audience.

>credits of last episode start with a shot that indicates a significant passing of time
>obviously takes place after the OVA because Satsuki's short hair
>nobody notices this

>for the sake of entertainment
What the hell else should anime be for?

Who cares? The show itself wasn't even the best thing to come out of it.

/thread

Holy fucking shit.

These are the words of a man who is literally blind.

I hated everything that wasn't hyper-serious retro anime or newer UC gundam series.

Then I watched KLK, which at first I hated & by the end I was crying.

Pls do not say such mean things about it.

>Implying a tumblrite would post some /r9k/ shit like "When girls hit puberty and start having periods, they gain a certain "power" over men, so to speak. Especially if they're attractive"

>3DPD thread

Why the fuck is this allowed? When will you normalfags just fuck off back to /r/anime?

I wouldn't go so far with the stuff about periods.

However I do agree that there's themes of self discovery and growth from a female perspective.
>She has to accept her sexy body in order to effectively use senketsu
>Dealing with high school shit (just with the dial set to 100)
>ALL the mommy issues, including a "forced wedding" and numerous other bits.

I mean, the show literally ends with her falling through the sky with Senketsu telling her
>Girls have to outgrow their old clothes some day.

The show definately has themes of growing up underneath all the crazy shit.
Same way Gurren Lagann and FLCL have themes of growing up for boys underneath tons of crazy shit.
Though, they're WAY more obvious about that shit in FLCL than the other two shows.

Now watch someone inevitably say "HURR TUMBLR" cause the image I got off google image search to illustrate the point.

>Pls do not say such mean things about it.
Sup Forums is tsundere about the things it likes the most, regardless of its apparent quality. You'd have to be newer than new to not understand this by now.

I get where you're coming from, but this thread isn't necessarily 3DPD. If you're begging for a mod's attention, I have bad news for you.

>Sup Forums is tsundere about the things it likes the most
Is that what you call the autistic samefag in every Youjo Senki thread? If one thing has become apparent recently it is that there are people here who actually have unironic wrong opinions on the internet that need to be put in their place.

One autistic samefag does not represent Sup Forums, user. And even if someone does have an unironic wrong opinion, you should choose your battles when it comes to trying to put them in their place. The quality of the board you live on should be at the front of your mind at all times, and at times it just isn't worth dropping a log on a shit pile that's already too high. We have our own form of Darwinism here, and even though it doesn't give you immediate gratification, ignoring the newfags, normalfags, and autists can be the best course of action most of the time.

I mean, you don't accomplish anything by arguing to a wall. The wall doesn't go anywhere. Stop paying attention to the wall by looking away, and suddenly it's not in your field of view anymore. If the wall is shit and other people know it's shit, eventually it'll get torn down.

Are you a mod? We have some unironically good staff here, to be honest. I think that second one is the highest quality post I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

>someone talks about symbolism in Evangelion

Yeah, it's so deep, unmatched masterpiece

>someone talks about symbolism in other show

It's just pretentious crap.

I'm not a mod. If I were and we lived in a better world, then you'd think Snacks had returned with a vengeance. People would literally be forced to lurk out of sheer terror, too nervous to post something too normal or too retarded. It would be the brighest Dark Age known to mankind, and it would be good.

DJT and Waifu Wednesday threads would be allowed. No other generals.

>What is Sup Forums culture
>What are memes

No the problem is ya'll are aspergers Asians from Canada that cannot detect subtle hints of humor & think everything is 100% serious.
Is this really how you live your life?

>Pls do not say such mean things about it.
>Pls
Using "Pls" instead of pls was an indicator here that you obviously missed. You assumed that I was serious about this & have no clue about how this board works. You took this as a chance to write me some fucking essay about how you think you're not an aspie.

>wrong opinions on the internet
This was another indicator that I was kidding. I gave you a chance to redeem yourself & yet again it went over your head. You got hit the ball but you just let it smack you in the face.

I'll pray for you user.

If he is maybe that is why this place is trash.

this

You took this as a chance to write me some fucking essay about how you think you're not an aspie.
Oh the ironing.

People don't know who Snacks was anymore, sad to say.

This is real autism.